No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sometimes think that Christmas is one of the saddest times of the year. Why the heck do we insist on 'celebrating' it?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I sometimes think that Christmas is one of the saddest times of the year. Why the heck do we insist on 'celebrating' it?
      *huggles*

I guess it's the problem with merging a religous festival with the secular - family/friends/gifts. Some things shouldn't/don't feel like celebrations and others do

*huggles*
      sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

*huggles LJ and Jumble*
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
          did you get it right??
          Fortunately it wasn't my question! I wouldn't have even been able to try answering it time since I was laughing so hard.

Originally posted by llp View Post
          I will tuck that piece of info away - never know when you might need it!
          Exaccery.

It does seem to be a sad time of year for many people, it is for me too. I do my best not to dwell, and focus on the positives, but it can be hard when you are remembering a loved one when everyone else is caught up in the holiday spirit.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*runs through the thread kissing and huggling the woohoos*

If the idea of Christmas makes you sad, picture this: Bekki, dressed in full Edwardian dress and coat, bonnet and lady-boots, standing in the middle of the Brisbane City at 8 am in the morning, in 32 degree heat, singing Christmas carols to passers by who either looked at her like she was a creepy vision from "The Night Before Christmas" or walked by on the phone, annoyed at the singing noise....

....I love my job ...

I have a game! Here's my game - it's called Guess The Tree!

All the woohoos who celebrate Christmas with a tree send Bekki a photo of their tree Then Bekki posts the photos on the Woohoo thread and the woohoos have to guess which tree belongs to which woohoo

(mostly, I just want to see pictures of all your Christmas trees )

*spins in circles and shares the good cheer*

I love Woohoos...Woohoos I love
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
              *runs through the thread kissing and huggling the woohoos*

If the idea of Christmas makes you sad, picture this: Bekki, dressed in full Edwardian dress and coat, bonnet and lady-boots, standing in the middle of the Brisbane City at 8 am in the morning, in 32 degree heat, singing Christmas carols to passers by who either looked at her like she was a creepy vision from "The Night Before Christmas" or walked by on the phone, annoyed at the singing noise....

....I love my job ...

I have a game! Here's my game - it's called Guess The Tree!

All the woohoos who celebrate Christmas with a tree send Bekki a photo of their tree Then Bekki posts the photos on the Woohoo thread and the woohoos have to guess which tree belongs to which woohoo

(mostly, I just want to see pictures of all your Christmas trees )

*spins in circles and shares the good cheer*

I love Woohoos...Woohoos I love
              Well, my only problem with this is like Jumble, I have nothing of Xmas out anymore. No tree - no decorations. About the only thing I have is a few cards that I feel obligated to send because people send them to me. I look at the ones I receive, stack them together and eventually toss them.

I do my "celebrating" at my brother's house each year which I am expected to be at for the holidays. They have 1 and 5/6th Grandchildren and that is the only reason I celebrate. Mind you I'm not in a bah humbug mood, I just think it has become much to expensive and the only reason I go is to see my family which I rarely get the op to do.

All though I do buy gifts, I think they are riduculous except for the kids, but I can't convince my sister-in-law to stop, believe me I've tried.

However, even with all that, I am still a sucker for a feel good old time Xmas movie where people enjoy Xmas for the family and friends it brings together (except for that one with Jimmy Steward - I can't stand watching that movie anymore) - Go figure!
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, yeah - I figured there wood be woohoos who don't tree-up... I just like trees and guessing games Maybe a photo of a bare tree?

Oooh!!! Maybe we could play guessing games with SHOES!!! Take a photo of a shoe and we have to guss who's shoe it is! Or pets! (although, we have the same problem with non-existant pets) or...laptops!!! Or kettles!!!!

...ok, I really need to stop drinking so much coffee! I just love guessing games
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  Ah, yeah - I figured there wood be woohoos who don't tree-up... I just like trees and guessing games Maybe a photo of a bare tree?

Oooh!!! Maybe we could play guessing games with SHOES!!! Take a photo of a shoe and we have to guss who's shoe it is! Or pets! (although, we have the same problem with non-existant pets) or...laptops!!! Or kettles!!!!

...ok, I really need to stop drinking so much coffee! I just love guessing games
                  I don't do a tree, but that's because I am Jewish. Andi and I do dec up the apartment a little with lights and stockings because it's her thing.

Now the shoe thing? I could totally go for that. Tho I'd have to take a pic of one I haven't posted here.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                    I don't do a tree, but that's because I am Jewish. Andi and I do dec up the apartment a little with lights and stockings because it's her thing.

Now the shoe thing? I could totally go for that. Tho I'd have to take a pic of one I haven't posted here.
                    In that case....Happy Hanukkah!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Well, my only problem with this is like Jumble, I have nothing of Xmas out anymore. No tree - no decorations. About the only thing I have is a few cards that I feel obligated to send because people send them to me. I look at the ones I receive, stack them together and eventually toss them.

I do my "celebrating" at my brother's house each year which I am expected to be at for the holidays. They have 1 and 5/6th Grandchildren and that is the only reason I celebrate. Mind you I'm not in a bah humbug mood, I just think it has become much to expensive and the only reason I go is to see my family which I rarely get the op to do.

All though I do buy gifts, I think they are riduculous except for the kids, but I can't convince my sister-in-law to stop, believe me I've tried.
                      The way to get the cards and gifts to stop is to simply stop sending them. It might take a couple of years for people to catch on, and you have to grit your teeth, but in the end it works

However, even with all that, I am still a sucker for a feel good old time Xmas movie where people enjoy Xmas for the family and friends it brings together (except for that one with Jimmy Stewart - I can't stand watching that movie anymore) - Go figure!
                      I've never really gone for the Christmas movies, mainly because we get the same ones repeated year after year - I could probably recite the entire script for The Great Escape

Oh what an old Grinch I sound I used to love Christmas when my children were young, it was fun and exciting then, but once they were grown up and gone I preferred to just ignore it. Don't get me wrong, I never felt depressed or that I was missing out in any way, until this year. I guess I'm just missing Michael and regretting not having a Christmas with him to remember.

Ignore me

Comment

I've just heard that little Jess is in hospital with severe breathing difficulties. She's on a ventilator and they're pumping her full of steroids I'm sure she'll be fine, but it's worrying when she's so small.

Sent her some WooHoo hugs, it's bound to help

Edit: Ah, got my Martinsigs back in rotation! Yay!

And apparently I have 114 of them

But not all currently rotating
                        Last edited by Jumble; 06 December 2010, 01:26 AM.

Comment

I force myself. It's so easy for me to dwell on what happened at Christmas a few years ago that I try to ignore it - might be bad, but I really want to try - just for the hope of maybe recapturing Christmas from when I was young.

I think, though, the thing I love about Christmas is the singing.

I've just heard that little Jess is in hospital with severe breathing difficulties. She's on a ventilator and they're pumping her full of steroids I'm sure she'll be fine, but it's worrying when she's so small.

Sent her some WooHoo hugs, it's bound to help

Edit: Ah, got my Martinsigs back in rotation! Yay!

And apparently I have 114 of them

But not all currently rotating
                          *gentle squishy hugs for Jess*
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            I force myself. It's so easy for me to dwell on what happened at Christmas a few years ago that I try to ignore it - might be bad, but I really want to try - just for the hope of maybe recapturing Christmas from when I was young.
                            You've got the right idea Wendy, try to wipe out the bad memories by creating new happy ones. Although I don't think you can ever get back what it was where you were a child, you can still make it good, just different

I think, though, the thing I love about Christmas is the singing.
                            You mean carols? Oh dear, another thing I'd rather do without

*gentle squishy hugs for Jess*
                            Thank you

Comment

You've got the right idea Wendy, try to wipe out the bad memories by creating new happy ones. Although I don't think you can ever get back what it was where you were a child, you can still make it good, just different

You mean carols? Oh dear, another thing I'd rather do without
                              Not exactly carols, no. But singing. I like the bouncy songs.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Christmas might not be happening here anyway. I physically can't get into the cupboard to get the tree and all that out, and the other two don't seem bothered to give it a shot.

I'll be in the corner singing for the whole month.
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X