X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So happy to hear your podcast!
    Thank you again.
    Listener Question:
    What do you like best about the sci fi genre?
    And what drives you nuts about it?
    How does the Stargate franchise exemplify these points?

(PS - another Tame fan here, I love it when she joins the podcast! - looking forward to hearing her in future casts)
    sigpic

Comment

I was just wondering if you could put the mp3 link on the same page as the show notes. I have to click on the Gateworld Podcast more info link every week to get the mp3. thanks

Comment

Question for the open line night

Did no-one volunteer? Or did you just change your minds and decided you wanted to do it yourself.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

What program do you guys use to talk to each other? I think you said it in a podcast sometime, but I can find it anywhere.
          sigpic

Comment

The program used is Skype
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
              The program used is Skype
              Ah! Thanks!

BTW Missed you this week! Will you come back soon?
              sigpic

Comment

Questions for next week's show. There are spoilers here.

On Earth, there was the Egypt gate and the Antarctica gate. So does that mean Earth at one point had three gates since Atlantis use to reside on Antarctica? Why the need for redundancy? Especially two gates on the same continent.

In the series finale of Stargate SG-1, the Asgard gave earth all of its technology. One of the features of this technology is to synthesizes objects. We saw this as well in New Order (801/802). Why can't Earth just scan the ZPM into the computer and synthesize more ZPMs?

Spoiler:
                With Atlantis now residing on Earth, does that mean the gate in Cheyenne Mountain can not be used since the Atlantis gate is the "superior gate"?

Thanks. Also, I hardly post here but just wanted to say I have been a fan of Stargate since the original movie in 1994. While I may not participate on this forum, I do visit it each and every week. I just wanted to thank you guys for the podcasts you do each week. I've been listening to them since it was introduced. Great job guys.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelvr View Post
                  Ah! Thanks!

BTW Missed you this week! Will you come back soon?
                  I missed me last week too but a cold of EPIC proportions ruined me for all who heard me speak....trust me

I have been asked to be part of the Podcast on Fans and Conventions so I hope nothing will prohibit me from joining in then. I am grateful for the invite and definitely want to be there
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                    Can you provide a link for the editorial you wrote explaining why you thought the reviewer got it wrong?
                    Found it, here:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...stargate.shtml
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

i'm from australia and would like to know how the gates and puddle jumper DHD work between galixies. The return we see puddle jumper arrive at midway then dial milky way on same DHD, how does that work?

Comment

To answer Underground Wire, the Goa'uld brought the Giza gate. During the Ancients time on Earth, they used the Antarctic gate and the Atlantis gate was meant to be used once they arrived in Pegasus.

Listener Question: Related to Underground Wire's question. Can you review the transition of gates in the SGC, and give us your idea as to why the PoO didn't change in either the dialing sequence or physically on the gates as they were switched???

Comment

Hi Darren and David,

Another great podcast! I agreed with all of your points about SGA.

Listener Question
                          GateWorld is my home on the net and I've 'met' so many wonderful friends from being part of the forum, I visit every day. So here's question: When you started GW did you envision it becoming what it is today? And how does it feel when you see how many forum members there are? And the friendships that are made here?

Hope that makes sense.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hi Guys,
                            Question For the Podcast: As fellow long time viewers of the franchise Do you think(like the majority do) that the overall quality of the series suffered during the last two seasons(9th and 10th)? Is there anything you can say that got better in your opinion?

For me, I looked beyond the obvious fact that it would lack without Jack and tried to see it as great a show it could be dispite that. However, after a whole season of lazy writing (i.e. comming back from a commercial and watching the team walk away from being surounded right before the break in "Off the Grid"), lack of their previous standard of believability (Mitchell bringing & leaving the alien device in the hospital for his dying friend when Sam wasn't able to tell her dying Dad about the Stargate) and the addition of unnecessary, obnoxious characters like Vala who made the show become a Sci-Fi cliche', at the end, I'm sad to admit, I felt a relief that even though my favorite program was canceled at least there wouldn't be any more weekly chances to tarish this once perfect show. Now I only hope the value of these movies influences the importance for getting the mytholigy back on track.
                            Thanks,
                            PS- Those examples were just the tip of the iceburg of what I saw almost weekly...but you get the idea and probably know of them too.
                            Mac Jackson
                            Singer/Songwriter of
                            "Harmony Constant"
                            [email protected]
                            myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                            youtube.com/MacWJack
                            Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                            http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Dear podcast people:
                              PLEASE take 30 seconds to add album art to the show before publising in itunes. Its so annoying when you have 15 podcasts with a nice logo and then the one gateworld one sitting there with the "muissing album art" picture.

Otherwise very nice show, one of my favorites. Listened to the show since the beginning. Would like to see video interviews as itunes video podcast, if possible. As for the comment in the last show about what happens if you enter from the back, i did a comic about that:
                              http://captain-odegard.com/comics.html#
                              (hit the one called "narnia")
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey there all!!

Left a message on the phoneline. Continued success with the podcasts, they really are required listening material. Perhaps you might tip off the newbies at SGU to have a listen and get up to speed with the fans' critique?!?!

Best to all

Shirt'n'Tie
                                "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X