• Show
Clear All

I'll be looking for it
    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

it be thursday, can't wait

Comment

Episode #23 is now available!

We have big Stargate Universe news to discuss in this week's podcast, with MGM and the SCI FI Channel announcing that Scottish actor Robert Carlyle will star in the new show. And for our main discussion, GateWorld Forum's Tame Farrar joins Darren and David to talk about "Identity," the newest episode of Stargate Atlantis. Did the all-important guest stars make this body-switching episode a winner?

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest headlines from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Listener Mail! Listeners share their favorite Stargate moments from 2008.

Listener Question: What do you think of this week's big Stargate Universe casting news? Leave us a voicemail or post on the forum, and we'll include your responses when the podcast returns in January.

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

And the joke was just as funny even hearing it a second time

I think I enjoyed this podcast the best so far ...it could be cause I am getting less nervous about them or better at keeping my mouth shut .. But I found myself really listening again to everything and being really interested ..
          Just a great job as always Guys and thanks again for letting me be part of it
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

i'm still catching up (i'm on 13 ) but im enjoying them so far

Comment

*Jumps up and down excitedly* Gateworld Podcast is #81 on Itunes!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Hey guys just heard the latest podcast and i just want to say how much i love them, i cant wait every week for them. Its great to hear other people opinions on the show and it just makes me love stargate even more. (and keep up the amazing interviews aswell)

On the topic of Robert Carlyle i just have to say i am ecstatic. I think he is a superb actor, hes played so many amazing roles. Living in the UK i grew up watching Hamish Mcbeth every week with my family and he was in the full monty, and train spotting, helping them to be the best British films ever! (imo) To have him on my favorite show is mindblowing. I mean in th UK he is huge, in 1999 he was given an OBE for his services to drama. He even has his own waxwork at madame tussaurds. If thats not an awesome actor i dont know who is, and us stargate fans are so lucky to have him. (end of gush)

Comment

Quick question, did anyone else picture Darren shedding a tear while he was talking about viewing Continuum with the cast??

Listener Question: Robert who? I have never heard of Robert Carlyle prior to the casting news. Although I have seen World Is Not Enough and Eragon, I did not know he was in either. I am just glad that there is some Universe related news that hasn't put people up in arms against it. I don't think this is the "big name actor" so to speak, so I look forward to more casting news in the coming weeks. Hopefully now people realize they DO know what they are doing, and it's not going to be a "Stargate Voyager Hills: 90210".

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    Listener Question: What do you think of this week's big Stargate Universe casting news? Leave us a voicemail or post on the forum, and we'll include your responses when the podcast returns in January.
                    Well, I've heard nothing about the new show that even remotely strikes my interest. The big casting news is nothing new. I've never heard of the guy. Even though I've seen several of the movies he's been in, he obviously didn't make any impression on me. I'm no where near the younger audience TPTB want so I have very low hopes for Universe.
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Wassssup guys. Loved the podcast last week. Thanks again for the effort you put into them. Really enjoy listening to your opinions on the episodes etc. One thing i dont agree with however was David buying an Xbox 360. PS3's all the way haha.

Anyhow, In response to the listener question about Stargate Universe's casting news.

I gotta say i'm pretty impressed by it. I've seen all of Robert Carlyle's major work and know he's a terrific actor. I was already looking forward to Universe and this casting news has made me even more so. I understand a lot of fans are planning not to watch Universe but Robert Carlyle's talent alone would be a great reason to at least give the show a chance. I also just read the Gateworld news article involving the Doctor Who series creator Russell T Davies disrespecting Stargate and i was quite disappointment by his somewhat petty reaction to Doctor Who losing Carlyle. But if anything it shows even more to the fans just how highly regarded the actor is.
                      "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                      O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                      Woolsey: What does that mean?
                      O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Lewisco;9434985]Wassssup guys. Loved the podcast last week. Thanks again for the effort you put into them. Really enjoy listening to your opinions on the episodes etc. One thing i dont agree with however was David buying an Xbox 360. PS3's all the way haha. /QUOTE]

with you there brother!

lol

anyway....

In response to the listener question about Stargate Universe's casting news

Personally I think Robert Carlyle is great actor and will make up an important part of Universe with his character and how he portrays him. I am also pleased because FINALLY we are going to have a at least minorly famous british actor playing an important role in the stargate franchise (its about time..) and so I look forward to seeing how having him in the show pays off, we'll miss you Atlantis..., but Roll on Stargate Universe!

I too was slightly dismayed by what Russell T Davies said about Stargate and Carlyle as I am also quite a big Doctor Who fan so that was kind of saddening to see the person responisble for resurrecting Doctor Who bashing Stargate for not being quite as famous as Doctor Who but I think the forum comuntiy just goes to show how wrong he is about this.
                        Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

I love the podcast and one thing I have noticed that you always seem to have one of the mods (Tammy something) be a part of the episode discussion, how come you don't allow other mods or other fans to be apart of your discussion.

Comment

So I saved the podcast for my trip, and realized that I totally answered last week's question wrong oops. Luckily I don't think I can answer this one wrong. So, I'm not totally sure about what to make of Robert. I have seen him in Eragon, so it will be interesting to see him playing a good guy in universe as opposed to the bad guy. Based on his performance in Eragon, I think that this was a good choice. He was great and very good at being creepy. Plus he was said to be great off screen.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate4Eva View Post
                              I love the podcast and one thing I have noticed that you always seem to have one of the mods (Tammy something) be a part of the episode discussion, how come you don't allow other mods or other fans to be apart of your discussion.
                              It's not that we don't allow other mods to participate. Mostly because they haven't really asked. Additionally, Tame is my surrogate mother who lives down the road from me in Phoenix. She is a big part of my life, and wanted to participate because she recognized how much fun it would be. She's a talker, and talking goes well in an audio podcast. Plus she's insightful.

I proposed the idea of bringing another fan into the discussion (we ourselves are just as much fans as anyone else) and Darren and I discussed it, but for now we agree that bringing in someone we don't know would be to unpredictable. Plus, the more people you bring in the more complicated it is to edit. This isn't a typical podcast where we record and just keep whatever we get. Someone has to go in afterward and make hundreds of edits per show. It basically averages out to about 1 edit for every 15 seconds, to keep the show tight and professional. So it just gets way too complex.

That's why we have fan call-ins and write-ins

Perhaps this is something we'll consider doing in 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate4Eva View Post
                                I think I am the only one who begged to be on one and then when the other Mods were asked they said no ...for right now

So if anything Darren is just being really nice and letting me be on them

I don't think logistically they will ever have fans on for the time being, but they do try to play many of the fan phone comments so that the *Fan Voice* heard
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X