This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode #22 is now available!

The final season of Stargate Atlantis is in its home stretch, and in this week's podcast GateWorld's Darren and David discuss last Friday's new episode, "Infection." Did it manage to rise above the crowd? We'll talk about Todd, the Wraith hive ship, Dr. Keller, Sheppard's dark side, and much more.

Also this week:

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Listener Mail! Listeners share their opinions during our discussion of fan entitlement.

Listener Question: For our last show of 2008, tell us about your Number 1 Stargate moment from the past year. Was it an Atlantis episode, or one of the SG-1 movies? Is there a particular scene that tops your list for the year? Or maybe an experience at a convention, or sharing Stargate with someone you love? Tell us about the single moment that has made Stargate special to you in 2008.

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

how about a section of the forums with a subsection to discuss each podcast? i would like to rebutle some of your guys comments, like, I love Keller but agree "infection" made me dislike her, and:

Enemy At The Gates Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Joe Mallozzi stated in his blog that the evil asgard will not be returning this year. They were going to be slated for a season 6 episode "Revenge" but with no season 6, comes no evil asgard.

Comment

Listen question;

BAMSR seems so long ago I can hardly believe it aired in 2008 but my favourite moment has to be when the planet blew up, simply for it's "OMFG THAT WAS COOL" factor.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Great podcast this week guys. Quite looking forward to these "surprise" interviews David mentioned.

This Week's Listener Question: For our last show of 2008, tell us about your Number 1 Stargate moment from the past year. Was it an Atlantis episode, or one of the SG-1 movies? Is there a particular scene that tops your list for the year? Or maybe an experience at a convention, or sharing Stargate with someone you love? Tell us about the single moment that has made Stargate special to you in 2008.

There have been several moments this year that i just loved about Stargate. But 2 stand out above most. My number 1 moment however was the intense way "The Lost Tribe" of Asgard were introduced into Atlantis. A hyperspace window opening above the ocean surface was one of the coolest things i have seen in Stargate in a long time. The nerves amongst the characters in Altantis as the mysterious ship flew towards the city transpired into me, and i was genuinely nervous at the arrival of this new enemy. The way they flew in, got what they wanted, and flew out so clinically with the Atlantis team helpless to do anything about it was a terrific way of introducing them. We saw so many new technologies in about 3 or 4 minutes. And the second moment of Stargate i loved this year was the relatively short scene, with Mitchell and Carter walking across the Arctic ice. The long shots from the helicopter of a tremendous setting with the terrific score playing from Joel Goldsmith is a scene i never tire of watching. It gave SG-1 a true "movie" feel to it.
          "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
          O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
          Woolsey: What does that mean?
          O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
            how about a section of the forums with a subsection to discuss each podcast? i would like to rebutle some of your guys comments, like, I love Keller but agree "infection" made me dislike her, and:

Enemy At The Gates Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            Joe Mallozzi stated in his blog that the evil asgard will not be returning this year. They were going to be slated for a season 6 episode "Revenge" but with no season 6, comes no evil asgard.
            Spoiler:
            EatG spoiler!!
            Spoiler:
            Thornyrose writes: “Will we hear or see more of the Asgard in any of the remaining episodes?”

Answer: Nope. But there’s always the movies…
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...t-information/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

As the end of the show draws near it makes it harder and harder knowing the show is ending.
              sigpic

Comment

Hey guys,

Favourite Stargate moments:
                Seeing Jack again in Continuum was an absolute treat, even if it was only briefly. The brevity of his appearance left me feeling kind of unsatisfied, but it was so worth it: "and then there's... cake." And when I first saw Daniel beam down into Atlantis at the start of First Contact, I just couldn't stop smiling! The "nope, we do it for the money" moment with him and Rodney was just gorgeous. Also, on a slightly more personal note, Woolsey doing his thing in Inquisition was fantastic, I'm a law student and have always been bitterly disappointed at the fact that, amongst all the scientists and doctors, there's never been room for lawyers on Atlantis... but now there is! I adore both Elizabeth and Sam but Woolsey is worthy of filling their shoes and his was a very solid contribution to the season.

Also, I don't think of Todd as an "it" at all... He's far too human to be relegated to the status of "creature". But maybe the Wraith soldiers, though? In no way does that mean I don't think they have rights, but I do think of them as "it".

Thanks heaps guys. I'm going through a bit of a rough patch atm and your podcasts always cheer me up. Looking forward to the next one

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  [SIZE="4"][BListener Mail! Listeners share their opinions during our discussion of fan entitlement.

Listener Question: For our last show of 2008, tell us about your Number 1 Stargate moment from the past year. Was it an Atlantis episode, or one of the SG-1 movies? Is there a particular scene that tops your list for the year? Or maybe an experience at a convention, or sharing Stargate with someone you love? Tell us about the single moment that has made Stargate special to you in 2008.
                  !
                  Definitely the best moment of this past year was the scene between Sheppard and McKay on the Pier in The Shrine. It was the best scene from what was probably the best episode the series has ever had. It showed what these two men mean to each other. Reminded me of SG-1's Need when Jack talked Daniel down and Daniel broke down and cried in Jack's arms. It had the same feel with a nice humorous touch at the end.

On another topic: I have to say you did a terrible National Enquirer act with your story on Captain Vega being gay. My feeling is, WHO CARES??? I've never seen so much written about a character who was so insignificant. As someone wrote somewhere on the forum, I think she had more stories written about her than she had lines in the show. This was particularly a poor story since it came out of Joe Malozzi's blog about relationships, particularly the controversy over McKeller. This was a much more important story than yet another story on a meaningless character.

Note: I'm not saying a gay character is an insignificant development, I'm saying Vega is an insignificant character.
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Hopefully I'm not to late to respond, but here's my answer for the listener question;
                    I've had several stargate moments this year, but here are my top two:
                    1. Yelling "Oh my gosh it's O'Neill!" in the middle of the midnight Twilight release when Michael Welch showed up. (He played Jack's younger self way back when)
                    2. Watching Wargames: The Dead Code they open up the movie with two geeks playing a game. As they're playing I kept thinking, "That looks like Stargate Worlds. Look it's a Jaffa!" Then it flashes to the screen of the game they're playing and, it is Stargate worlds!
                    sigpic

Comment

i've officially loaded the entire podcast and interview section into my ipod so i'll be listening to the whole thing in the coming week
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        i've officially loaded the entire podcast and interview section into my ipod so i'll be listening to the whole thing in the coming week
                        lol. I'm doing the same thing for my six hour trip next week.

BTW there is supposed to be a podcast today right?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelvr View Post
                          lol. I'm doing the same thing for my six hour trip next week.

BTW there is supposed to be a podcast today right?
                          darren's on vacation so it may be late
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ohhhh. Thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              darren's on vacation so it may be late
                              curses! lol

is your sig FFVIII? it looks distinctively Final Fantasy

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
                              Vir: I don't understand...
                              Mollari: ...nor should you...

Comment

I was traveling all day Tuesday this week, and my flight got in 4 hours late. I'm back online now and we should have the final podcast of 2008 up this evening.
                                Last edited by Darren; 17 December 2008, 04:13 PM.
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X