X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cptnodegard View Post
    Dear podcast people:
    PLEASE take 30 seconds to add album art to the show before publising in itunes. Its so annoying when you have 15 podcasts with a nice logo and then the one gateworld one sitting there with the "muissing album art" picture.
    We do have album art on iTunes, actually -- have since the beginning. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up for you on your subscription. Do you not see it when you visit the podcast's page on the iTunes Store itself?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=285594306

It looks like this:

http://www.gateworld.net/graphics/itunes_podcast.jpg
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

It is on the podcast page in iTunes but doesn't show up in your podcast library. I have the same thing. Also my subscription doesn't work, so every week I have to go to the page and download it instead of opening iTunes with it ready to go. Not a big deal but a little annoying having to wait for it.

Comment

I'm new to this forum so HI! I have enjoyed listening to your podcasts now since they started. When I first bought my iPod I was looking for a Stargate podcast and couldn't find a decent one until yours! Since I was visiting this site often I was and am glad that you started one, so thank you. I have a couple of questions for your upcoming podcast.

1) I have recently been re-watching season 3 of Atlantis on DVD and I realized how team centric they still are. Once season 4 started and continued on, I noticed that the episodes focused on one, two or three main characters rather than being a "team" episode where something happens and the team has to respond. Episodes that come to mind are, Trio, Missing, Travelers. Why do you think that was? Do you think if they had kept the cast stable that the episodes would have continued on like they were in season 3?

2) How do you both have time to do everything you do on the site? Do you have "day jobs"?

3) Do either of you play the Stargate Trading card game?

Again, thank you for this site and keep up the good work.

aripl

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          We do have album art on iTunes, actually -- have since the beginning. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up for you on your subscription. Do you not see it when you visit the podcast's page on the iTunes Store itself?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=285594306

It looks like this:

http://www.gateworld.net/graphics/itunes_podcast.jpg
          Its on the podcast page but not the individual episodes. If you right click and select "view info" on individual episodes you can see there is no embedded album art. having it on the podcast itself doesnt make it show up on individual episodes.
          sigpic

Comment

Love the podcasts but am really bad at listening to them.

This is my question.

How do you choose the topics that you put in to your Podcasts? and what goes in to the making of a Podcast?

Keep up the good work.

On a personal note, there was a podcast with a preview of the interview with Colin Cunnigham on it from last year. Has it been broadcast as I cant seem to find it.?

Can anyone help please?

Comment

Originally posted by flubzilla View Post
              On a personal note, there was a podcast with a preview of the interview with Colin Cunnigham on it from last year. Has it been broadcast as I cant seem to find it.?

Can anyone help please?

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...r_moment.shtml
              right there under "interviews"
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to Aripl!!

Enjoy the mayhem and wonderful madness here on GW!

Shirt'n'Tie
                "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                Sara O' Neill's father;
                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Episode #28 is now available!

This week Darren and David are kicking back for our first “Open Line” night, where we talk about whatever is on listeners’ minds — from GateWorld’s history to the Replicators, and from the final two seasons of Stargate SG-1 to why we love science fiction. And more.

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest headlines from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Interview! Preview our newest interview with "Baal" actor Cliff Simon

Listener Question: What did you think of “Stargate” the movie the first time you saw it? Did you have any idea it would lead to this major science fiction franchise and its involvement in your life?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks for listening and contributing!

Comment

I quite enjoyed the podcast, although it might have been better had you gotten to more topics. Although I loved the ending, to which I might add, Darren also whistles a little when he pronounces an "S".

Listener Question: I started watching Stargate during Season 3 syndication, after which I then saw the Stargate movie. Although it was a decent movie, I think it would have been better had I not seen SG-1 first. The movie didn't have the same qualities as SG-1 and I am not a fan of Kurt Russell or James Spader, although Spader did do a good job portraying Jackson.

Comment

Hi guys,
                      For the podcast question:
                      I was lucky enough to watch the Stargate movie right before I saw the first episode of the series on syndication. I remember being told it was a cross between Star Wars and Indiana Jones years before. However, I never saw the comparison. I felt like a well done movie that was more of a pilot for a series instead of a self contained movie. I remember first thinking "I hope RDA doesn't play O'Neill as stiff as Russell did" and I got my wish. Did I think it would have such an involvement in my life? Yes, since I was tuneing in due to my idol, Richard Dean Anderson, being the star

Thanks as always guys
                      Mac Jackson
                      Singer/Songwriter of
                      "Harmony Constant"
                      [email protected]
                      myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                      youtube.com/MacWJack
                      Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                      http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Listener Question: My first time viewing "Stargate" was after I was already hooked on the series, after watching nightly episodes on Space network, catching new season 7 episodes on the Thursdays. One day on the weekend, flipping through the channels, I saw on my Rogers guide on my TV "Stargate: The Movie", and flipped it on. My first impression upon seeing Kurt Russell and James Spader, were "Why are they different actors? I thought RDA and Michael Shanks were Jack and Daniel, not these bums!" It took me till after the movie, to see the pilot on syndication, that I realized how big a role the movie would play into my enjoyment in the franchise. And since then, I have not missed an episode, even the cringe-worthy ones.

Comment

Still no album art on the episodes >.<
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi there all

Just a quick query. As of 12:52 pm today Thursday 5th February, I can't see the podcast on iTunes. This may be a prob with my "tweeky" computer, someone could take a look would be great? Thanks!

Shirt'n'Tie (AKA Paul)
                            Sara O' Neill's father;
                            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

I'll look into both of those issues tonight. I noticed Wednesday that we weren't on iTunes yet. Thanks!

Comment

Hey there Darren!!

Thanks....*phew*, I was beginning to think iTunes really had it in for me!!

As of Friday AM 10-30 (local Irish time) the podcast still ain't up....
                                We here in Ireland are missing the" dulcet tones of the dynamic duo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Best to all at GW!

S'n'T
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X