Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing I noticed and Darren and David don't take this the wrong way, I love the podcast and It's wonderful that you know the people who run the show and the cast and such it seems to me like you talk about how you know this person and that person so much it's like "yes we know that!" it's almost like your bragging when your really not. Maybe I am just hearing things. I am just giving my feedback so don't take it the wrong way, I love the Podcast and can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Tame, Thats cool! I just noticed it and all! I think it's great! Like david said you are insightful! and you like Carson!

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
      I think I am the only one who begged to be on one and then when the other Mods were asked they said no ...for right now

So if anything Darren is just being really nice and letting me be on them

I don't think logistically they will ever have fans on for the time being, but they do try to play many of the fan phone comments so that the *Fan Voice* heard

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate4Eva View Post
        Another thing I noticed and Darren and David don't take this the wrong way, I love the podcast and It's wonderful that you know the people who run the show and the cast and such it seems to me like you talk about how you know this person and that person so much it's like "yes we know that!" it's almost like your bragging when your really not. Maybe I am just hearing things. I am just giving my feedback so don't take it the wrong way, I love the Podcast and can't wait for the next one.
        That's a totally fair comment -- I always feel self-conscious when talking about visiting the set or meeting the cast or crew. At times I've actually decided not to make a comment because of that, and maybe I should refrain a bit more. But we're trying to be genuine and hopefully not coming across jerky at the end.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I am looking forward to the next episode, I forgot there was no new epsisode and came on this morning expecting to find one. I was thinking if you can't get a bunch of fans on the at the same, how about a podcast with all feedback from fans, like an q and a session about all things stargate, I know a lot of podcasts do that once in awhile. Maybe after the season ends and stuff while we wait for the movies and universe.

I emailed you via the write to us link on the main page about the video interviews it turns out I need the Sansa Media converter to watch them on my MP3 player.

Comment

A "Send us your questions" podcast. Interesting idea, I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              I've never heard of that before. It's an interesting idea.....
              sigpic

Comment

I know this was already discussed but I think it's worth posting for mention on a future podcast:
                My fav Stargate moment of 08 was when Jason Momoa and I got to jam and become friends through music. A few years ago after I sang and played guitar Jason said he liked my stuff and that we'd have to jam sometime. After seeing me this past Nov at the Con breakfast. He ran up to me and said he found his slide and to go get my guitar. We traded songs and taught each other different styles of play like slide and finger picking on my guitar for about 45 minutes. Then, when he was pulled away he ran out and bought a guitar at a local store just to come back at jam with me. We played Johnny Cash, David Gray and CCR songs for about 45 minutes while we were sectioned off from everyone else until he had to on stage. He introduced me and auctioned off his guitar which went for $2,000.
                This is my favorite Stargate moment not because he's a big star of a TV show but because dispite that, we quickly moved past Star/Fan to become sincere friends through our love of music. I'm forever thankful.
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks,
                PS-Obviously, I, too, would love to be on a podcast with you guys. If your ever interested let me know. We can do a phone interview first to calm your fears
                Mac Jackson
                Singer/Songwriter of
                "Harmony Constant"
                [email protected]
                myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                youtube.com/MacWJack
                Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

MAC!! How cool is that for a memory I'll bet you had a great time just jammin' away! I think one of the best things we as fans can find out about any of the *stars* is that overall they are just people too

That is just way COOL Mac..I am glad you shared that
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                    MAC!! How cool is that for a memory I'll bet you had a great time just jammin' away! I think one of the best things we as fans can find out about any of the *stars* is that overall they are just people too

That is just way COOL Mac..I am glad you shared that
                    Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it He gave me one of his picks and I ran out and got a slide when I got home THAT was the short version to increase the chance of it being heard on the podcast
                    To hear the whole story check out my blog on my myspace page
                    Mac Jackson
                    Singer/Songwriter of
                    "Harmony Constant"
                    [email protected]
                    youtube.com/MacWJack

Comment

I just watched Vegas and I gotta say: I LOVED it! Not just because I'm a CSI:Vegas fan and they payed tribute brilliantly to it but because it was a different formula then what we know to be the Stargate formula mentioned before. There was a nice reference to a past episode plus that shocking ending that leads right into the next(last) episode. I am pleasently surprised to be surprised so late in a series. It's a shame the plug was pulled so soon.

PS-Did anyone notice how when te trailer was blown up by the jets that Sheppards car was also thrown in the air? A little flub for those who watched closely
                      Thanks,
                      Mac Jackson
                      Singer/Songwriter of
                      "Harmony Constant"
                      [email protected]
                      youtube.com/MacWJack

Comment

The episode Vegas was definitely CSI-esque and in my opinion it was downright fantastic! I loved every aspect of it, the music was well chosen; the way it was filmed, the sets, the actors (so handsome in suits and ties) the cameos by Brad Wright, poker pro Todd Brunson, Atlantis composer Joel Goldsmith, and MGM exec Charlie Cohen. It was great to see the different side of McKay and Sheppard. Joe and David acted their hearts out and they were amazing!

Thank you Robert Cooper! Just absolutely awesome! It has replaced my favorite for this season! Vegas freaking ROCKED!!! Now I am even sadder that there is only one episode left! But I am grateful that the Season 5 DVD’s will soon be available and we still have The SG Movies and SGU the series to look forward to in 2009! Wahoo!!

Cheers
                        Patricia Lee

Comment

A quick head's up for anyone looking for this week's podcast: Due to technical difficulties and massive exhaustion, it'll be late tomorrow (Wednesday, Stateside) before it is up.

Sorry for the delay!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                            Ooooh that would be really cool!! And fun!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Episode #24 is now available!

The podcast returns for 2009! After our little holiday break, David and Darren are back this week to talk about Friday’s penultimate episode of Stargate Atlantis, “Vegas.” Did it stray too far from the Stargate formula, or was it just what the show needed?

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest headlines from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Interview! Preview this week's upcoming interview with Ben Browder.

Listener Mail! Listeners talk about the casting of Robert Carlyle.

Listener Question: What did you think of the series finale of Stargate Atlantis, “Enemy At the Gate?” Was it a fitting way to cap off the series, or would you have liked to see something different?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!

Comment

Hi guys!!

Firstly : MacJackson : What a tremenduous story and snaps!! Mr Momoa really strikes me as such a genuine and decent guy. At the Vancouver Con (April 08), I presented him with a can of Guinness at the photo op (I probably broke a few rules there come to think of it) Anyway,he gratefully accepted, openend same, and insisted on getting 3 photos...one of him with arm draped around, as if we were two guys out on the town!! It now proudly hangs in an ancient quaint little pub (established 1843) here in a small town in Ireland (pub owned by MAJOR stargate fan!) What a great guy!!
                                Secondly : Darren and David, really loved the Vegas ep! Also, meant to echo Darren's take on "best Stargate memory" of 08, was indeed Continuum Screening in Vancouver...Am still in shock after it...Watching SG1 in the company of..well...SG1!!

Finally, a tiny suggestion : I know that the last ep of SGA "Enemy at the Gate" airs on Friday in US. It airs here in Europe on Tuesday 13th Jan (some 4 days later) I know that the podcast is listened to by a lot of Europeans. Can you guys hold off on podcast until it airs here, so we "old worlders" can add our 10cents worth? I totally understand that due to job/college/life committments you guys can only get this done on your "spare time", so I completely understand if this is a non-runner.

Thanks again and belated Happy New Year to all

Shirt'n'Tie
                                "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X