Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes checks our feed once per day, and when it fails to pick up the new episode, I can poke it and ask it to try again. I poked it several times yesterday, and still no luck ... which means there's either something screwy with iTunes, or something wrong with our feed that I can't find.

If you are subscribed to the podcast through iTunes, however, it should still show up on your local Podcasts section. If not, right-click on the podcast name there and choose "Update Podcast" from the pop-up menu.

Still working on the album art issue, too. My first attempts yesterday seem to have failed, and I can't find an explanation for it online.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      iTunes checks our feed once per day, and when it fails to pick up the new episode, I can poke it and ask it to try again. I poked it several times yesterday, and still no luck ... which means there's either something screwy with iTunes, or something wrong with our feed that I can't find.

If you are subscribed to the podcast through iTunes, however, it should still show up on your local Podcasts section. If not, right-click on the podcast name there and choose "Update Podcast" from the pop-up menu.

Still working on the album art issue, too. My first attempts yesterday seem to have failed, and I can't find an explanation for it online.
      I can't figure out album artwork, but I think it's because I'm using a certain hosting service that won't let me. But when you go through the tags on Apple, it gives this code to add to your feed

<itunes:image href="INSERT YOUR LINK TO YOU ARTWORK" />

I don't know if this would help, but that's what apple gives me
      Last edited by stargatelvr; 06 February 2009, 02:05 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Yep, we've got that tag implemented. That's apparently enough to show up on our page in the iTunes Store, but not on your local subscription page ...

Comment

*shrug* I got nothing beyond that. This stuff is making me go crosseyed as I try to get it to work.
          sigpic

Comment

I've recorded a wav file, do I send it to [email protected]?

ETA: For those using this method with windows sound recorder, the file you record is crazy big. If you go on "save as" then click "change" and change it to "MPEG layer - 3" it will take up ALOT less room.
            Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; 06 February 2009, 03:59 PM.
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Yep -- but please make sure it's not more than a few MB large.

Comment

I think its because they are in close proximity on a different gate.

Comment

I was really young when Stargate came out but I was absouletely entranced by it

so naturally I was overjoyed when SG-1 started.

I'm going to have to say I didn't picture it being such a big part of my life but then looking back I can't imagine growing up without me and my family gathered around it every week.

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
                  Vir: I don't understand...
                  Mollari: ...nor should you...

Comment

Hi there all

Still no show on iTunes?

Talk soon all

Shirt'n'Tie
                    "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                    Sara O' Neill's father;
                    COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Still no joy on the burn.

We'll see if anything new happens when this week's gets added to the feed. Sorry!

You can, of course, still download the file from the feed on GW, or listen to it right on the site.

Comment

Hi Darren!

Just popped onto iTunes. Whilst the Episode 28 is there (and marked 38 minutes 28 seconds), when you download it...it lasts 3 seconds!!!!! Just getting "welcome"!!!

Any-hoo, will listen via site and see!!

Thanks

Shirt'n'Tie
                        Sara O' Neill's father;
                        COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Episode #29 is now available!

Let’s go back to where it all began! The GateWorld Podcast begins its tour through the history of the Stargate franchise with “Stargate” the movie, the 1994 summer blockbuster starring Kurt Russell and James Spader. Darren and David talk about the highs and lows of the film, how well it was transitioned to television, and whether it holds up after nearly 15 years.

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest headlines from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Interview! Preview the upcoming interview with "Brain Storm" guest star Bill Nye

Listener Question: Have you ever been to a Stargate or other sci-fi fan convention? Which one(s), and how would you describe the experience to a non-convention-goer?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks for listening and contributing!

Comment

Hi there all!

Slight technical hitch....all sorted. For some reason, when I download Ep 28 it just downloads the first 2 seconds, same with the RSS feed and the same when I press play (from index 00.00) HOWEVER, I bumped the index on to 1 minute and played...and hey presto! All done!

Am listening now as I type. Hope the above makes sense to some/all.

Thanks again guys!

S'n'T
                            Sara O' Neill's father;
                            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

THanks for using the questions!

Delighted with your responses. Agree with your suggestions, hadn't thought about leaving the sound on, re: Self destruct..thought provoking idea. Agree re: Atlantis going over 5 seasons. Also, re: ultimate team...will have to track down all those characters. Very interesting suggestions!!

Shirt'n'Tie
                              Sara O' Neill's father;
                              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Thanks for putting my response on the podcast. Just for the record, I do not think Kurt Russell and James Spader are bad actors, I just have never seen them in movies before (although definitely hearing of Kurt's name before). They both did excellent jobs in Stargate, and I still enjoyed it very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X