This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Podcast:

My wife and I have gone to every Creation Con in NJ for the last 6 years. I have been blessed enough to have made the rare personal connection with most of the actors who've attended, from acting with Alexis Cruz and Chris Judge to playing guitar and singing with Jason Mamoa for 2 hours in the lobby. I even gave Joe Flannigan and Paul McGillion their first Stargate Atlantis Comic book. The only down side I've experienced have been from the overzelous volenteers who boss and bully the adverage guest instead of assisting the actors. Over all I would tell others that if you like good people then go to the cons and meet the wonderful actors we love to watch.

Thanks as always guys and feel free to contact me for any additional info. I'd be flattered to be part of your show
    Mac Jackson
    Singer/Songwriter of
    "Harmony Constant"
    [email protected]
    myspace.com/harmonyconstant
    youtube.com/MacWJack
    Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Sorry, but I dont get how it can take three weeks to get album art working. Every other podcast out there has it. It has nothing to do with feeds as some people here suggested, it has to be added to the master file as part of the ID3 info.
      Googling "adding album art to itunes podcast" gives you this info as the first result: http://www.thethinkingstick.com/?p=672

Now to what i really came to post:
      If I'm not mistaken, it was a discussion on the podcast that mentioned the Daedalus class schematics being wrong in one of the S8 episodes right before the ship launched for atlantis. Just re-watched "unending" and the same schematics are used there (as a hologram 15-17 min in depending on whether you watch theversion with the full intro theme or not), and even though it doesnt look as wide as the daedalus class really is, it would suggest that they didn't redo the design after all but that the schematics simply look different
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cptnodegard View Post
        Sorry, but I dont get how it can take three weeks to get album art working. Every other podcast out there has it. It has nothing to do with feeds as some people here suggested, it has to be added to the master file as part of the ID3 info.
        Googling "adding album art to itunes podcast" gives you this info as the first result: http://www.thethinkingstick.com/?p=672
        Apparently your Google search string is better than the five I tried. I'll look into it. I spent the better part of an afternoon on the project, so I must just be thick.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Daniel Jacksen speaks Ancient, I speak Google. Might not uncover alien technology, but it's useful at times

I dont know how the itunes page for submitting podcasts look like, but with normal files you just right click the episode, choose "view info" and theres a tab which has a "add picture" feature
          Last edited by Cptnodegard; 12 February 2009, 10:13 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

OK, I think I've figured this out. It should add album art with next week's podcast, or you can delete the Feb. 10 episode and re-download it. (Be warned: When I deleted it as a test, I had to remove the entire podcast and re-subscribe.)

Comment

Nice, thanks for the effort in fixing this! On the ipod touch its a 320x320 pixel picture so its nice to have something there instead of the "no album art" pic.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Darren and David,

You guys are doing a great job with the Podcast, I love listening every week!

Answering this weeks listener question:

My con experiences have been with GABIT, a small con held in London for Amanda Tapping and her fans, how would I describe it? hmm well, its the most amazing weekend ever!

You get to meet and talk to Amanda, have your photo taken with her and listen to her answer our questions and sometimes that leads Amanda to tell some hilarious and sometimes moving stories. Amanda treats everyone she meets as special and those few minutes you spend with her are really wonderful! But that's only a small part of the reason I go, I go meet many of my GW friends that I have made on the forum over the years, putting screen names to faces is fun. and also to make new friends too, we chat about our favourite aspects of all Amanda's work and really anything else as well. We have a lot of fun! This for me is what makes a convention so much fun, its the bonds and friendships you make that can last long after the con is done that make me want to do it all again next time around.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I first saw Stargate the movie in theaters. I think I saw it in one of those theaters that gets movies 2 months after they come out. I have to say that I was 8 at the time. I loved the movie. Then a few years later I was flipping through the channels on TV and I saw a show titled Stargate SG1 and since I really liked the movie I tuned in and it is history. I don't know which season I finally found it but I did. Then I didn't really follow the continuity at the beginning because it was a matter of finding it on syndication which never held the same time slot.

But now thanks to the Internet, I have been able to see many of the episodes in their proper order.

Thanks for the show

Comment

Episode #30 is now available!

Here’s your travel guide to the next Stargate convention! Our resident expert Tame Farrar joins David for this week’s main discussion, all about Stargate fan events. We’ll chat about official and unofficial conventions, touring the set of Stargate during the Vancouver events, costumes, smart budgeting, and what is most important of all: the people. What is a convention like? How much should you expect to spend? If you’re thinking of going to an event, don’t miss this show.

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest headlines from the Stargate universe

Features! New special features at GateWorld

Interview! Preview the upcoming interview with "Richard Woolsey" actor Robert Picardo

Listener Question: How do you think Stargate Universe needs to be different from its predecessors, in order to propel the franchise forward? Or does it need to be different at all?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks for listening and contributing!

Comment

Well You know I am going to say I had a BLAST doing that podcast Thank You again for allowing me to be a part of things there Darren sorry we let your blanket fall a few times but I am glad your "Thera-Flu" did the trick and you were able to finish out things.

Loved the little bit with the music stop there for the i-Pod announcement LOL

I do have to say sometimes the audio was a bit odd and not because I think I sound funny most of the time Completely looking forward to Bob Picardo's interview!

I do have to say it is nice every once in a while to have just a purely fun podcast to listen to and then know that next week things get serious again...It is a nice way to pace things and since you guys do so well mixing in the reviews, the information and the fun... I am happy I was able to be part of a podcast that has had some of all of the above

Thanks again for just doing an excellent job all the way around with these....and they say 30 is old
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Tame made some ominous comments, so I decided to give it a listen. Hmm.

Fan run vs. official conventions: I will pick the fan cons nearly every time. Are they poorly organized? Yeah, sometimes. Maybe even most times. LOL! But I just like the vibe of them better than that of the official ones. True, the seating issue was a big grievance back in the early days of Gatecon (I dunno if things have changed since they came back since I haven't been able to get back there), but I think I've been to other fan cons where seats were assigned and they were just fine. Plus they just generally seem more relaxed. Maybe it's more chaotic than relaxed in some cases LOL! but at the fan cons I usually feel like I'm getting closer to the actors than I do at the official ones.

Of course, Gatecon was early days for me, back when I still loved the show and hadn't been to a lot of cons. And back when I was stupid enough to get roped into doing skits on stage with a bunch of other people just as talentless and awful as myself. Boy, it's a good thing no one filmed those, they'd make great blackmail. *frowns* No, definitely not filmed.

Pricing: DUDE. Unofficial wins every time. I'm sick of the extortionist rates charged by Creation and the way they set it up so that you can't just pay for a good seat, you HAVE to get the set tour and the bells and whistles and extra goodies... and they make you pay through the nose for it. They have other tiers (also expensive) and the day passes, but those tend to disappear fast.

Meeting fans at cons: That's what it's REALLY all about. Hell, I'm going to Vancouver this year just to hang with my friends! I didn't buy any tickets, I'm not doing any of the stuff (although if David Blue pops up I may get an autograph or get someone to get one for me or something). So yeah, friendships can last beyond the length of the show itself. And the best part about going WITHOUT a ticket is that as long as you aren't fussed about meeting the actors, it's the best of all possible worlds: you get to hang with friends, you get to do cool stuff and sometimes you STILL get to meet some of the actors.

Oh and Tame? *does her Doctor Horrible impression* "You're NOT my nemesis!" But I have had the misfortune to meet a couple of people who thought I was their nemesis. Sheesh. Going out of your way just to tell me you hate me? What. Ever. Save the drama for your llama. I go to cons to have FUN.

I think I've only ever been to one con where I didn't have fun and that was due to a miscommunication with friends that left me alone with no way of contacting them. NY Fango con. Yeah. Bad days. Generally, though, I always have a blast no matter what the cost or how (dis)organized the con itself is and that's because of FRIENDS. Your fellow fans are your best line of defence against the doldrums.

I remember going to my first Agamemcon. Didn't know A SOUL there, but I'd heard some of the SAaB people were gonna be there, so I flew out to Burbank all by my lonesome and wandered around the convention area until I found the SAaBers booth and wound up helping them out for the weekend AND getting to meet folks from the show. Loved it. Went a couple more times until the con died. Alack and alas. Funnily enough, one of my SAaBer friends usually works security/crowd control for the SG con in Vancouver. If he's there again this year maybe I'll harrass him for old times' sake.

Comment

LOLOL David so edited that part out So I am so "outing" you on GateWorld...Regardless of the above....folks you could never tell..But Shadowmaat is one of the nicest, sweetest, kind-hearted women you could ever have the pleasure of getting to know I recommend taking the risk

Glad you added in a few cents on the Unofficial Cons. Since I have never been to one I really can't speak intelligently on them as I definitely said on the Podcast ...And I have heard that some changes have been made at some of the larger ones to make it a bit less crazy for folks so in the end I think its all about which ever ends up working for you in the end.....

and the friendships truly are the lifeblood as well...I went in 2005 and I STILL count all of the Intergalactic Hussies as close AND dear friends that I hope to continue talking with for many years to come
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                            LOLOL David so edited that part out So I am so "outing" you on GateWorld...Regardless of the above....folks you could never tell..But Shadowmaat is one of the nicest, sweetest, kind-hearted women you could ever have the pleasure of getting to know I recommend taking the risk
                            You've been drinking tonight, haven't you? Lies... all lies.

If the disadvantage of "small" cons like Agamemcon are that they tend to die, the cool part is that- as long as you aren't talking blockbuster stars- they tended to mingle with the crowd and just hang out. Tucker Smallwood was sheer awesome and James Morrison was an absolute sweetheart. And then that last year almost EVERYONE showed up. Wow! Another advantage to the smallness of the setting was that seating wasn't a problem because there weren't that many people. Yeah, it's a disadvantage in the bigger picture and is one of the reasons the con died out, but I think it was my first real introduction to conventions and I loved it.

Well, other than the XPA cons, but those were just fan hangouts, no actors. Those were a whole different sorta fun, and more proof that you don't need panels and autographs to have a good time.

Comment

Just a quick note US Canadan exchange is not 1 to 1 it was for a very short time. But it has fallen quite a bit since that time and is now back to its historic levels of about 80% value on the dollar.
                              http://www.x-rates.com/d/CAD/table.html

just thought I would throw that out
                              "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

My mistake! Good to know come the next GW dinner ...

Comment

Working...
                                X