Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren when I clicked on the link at the top of the page it gave me the #22 Podcast.

However clicking on your link in here did take me to the #24 podcast page and I got the #24 Podcast

David, Darren the music was not much Joel to my knowledge. Darren caught the Marilyn Manson tune as well as the Johnny Cash, Rage Against the Machine, the Rolling Stones, Pokerface But I think it might have been remastered by someone, Rattled Bones is another group that could possibly have been remastered and used on here. The last two song/group is a point of contention among Sci-Fi/Rock fans

Some fans are getting Pokerface or that chase scene song as many different ones because the actual singing has been garbled way down.

and the Group Rattled Bones has been confused as the actual name of the Song for the other

Completely enjoyed the Podcast main discussion I too watch CSI Vegas pretty exclusively and I enjoyed the *homage* as well as the fact that you pointed out that TPTB took a leap and tried something new. I wish they had done this a bit more often and I really hope we see some of this in SGU.

Darren if you liked Kids in the Hall I have to believe you will enjoy The Full Monty It had me laughing quite often and I am really excited about Robert Carlyle
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 08 January 2009, 06:02 AM.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

For all those who didn't understand the point of vegas, i didnt explain it, i wanted u 2 wait for EATG,
      <Mod insert-EatG has NOT aired yet>
      Spoiler:
      and now its aired well... you know why i didn't say anything. EATG is not only a fitting E100 but also a terific finale, no cliff hanger yes, but damn... biggest SGA ep since BAMSR. But a lot of people have been saying why no ori/jaffa, thats simple we had the chair, our weekness was our over confidence, we were 2 confident in a victory, or shepard was, that we let the ball roll away.
      So what now the chairs gone, earth is once again open to direct attack, Movie 3 anyone? lol
      anyway chears Gateworld team/listeners/forum readers, good job last year, im hopin u have a good one this year
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 08 January 2009, 11:42 AM. Reason: EatG has not aired Yet

Comment

For the podcast: Wow! The last episode was sooo good. Everything from the big action, Ohh Crap! intensity we use to see most of the time on the first 8 seasons of SG-1 but for the little, character moments like the mention of Gen. Hammond, Maj Davis and the logical reason that Carter was in command of the SGC. I also liked that Jack was mentioned recomending Sheppard for the chair since he would have first dibs. My only problem was that Carter, when hearing that the gate couldn't open didn't budge to fix it being the head gate expert. It seemed that a couple times when she was on Atlantis and there was a tecno problem she never flinched to help or offer advice. Over all, I adored this episode and wish this season as well as the series had more episodes like it

On a old note: I feel that I need to add something to a comment made about NEEDing to have confirmation that Jack and Sam are together in the next movie. David it seemed that you didn't understand what was ment or why it was needed. Darren, thanks for explaining
        As I recall David you said: "What do they want? They established their feelings in the 4th season." The problem isn't about whether they love each other it's: Ok, they love each other but couldn't act on it(and I mean relationship not a sex scene) due to regulations. That provided great anst for the next 4 seasons BUT when the show is ending (or a major character is leaving) you NEED to let them have their happy ending(end up together). That doesn't have to change the show at all(should the show go on for 2 more seasons). In the case of SG-1, Had the 8th season been the end we would have been thrilled because it showed them finally starting their romantic relationship. Then TPTB in the following 2 seasons not only did they not go forward(by never mentioning it) but they take steps backwards(almost kissing martouf, wasting Jack apearences during the 2 seasons). At this point here is what is needed (not just by shippers but by those whom appreciated a properly concluded story point): Not a big, time consuming love scene just one or two difinitive lines that confirm they are in a romantic relationship(be it dating/engeged/married). "Hey, Jack want to go for a beer?" "Oh, Can't Daniel. Carter and I are moving our stuff into our new place but come on by." I'm not picking on you in any way David. It just bothered me that, maybe I wasn't clear before so I hope this helped.

One last note: This past week we lost one of our Stargate fans. Marck Mulligan passed away from a heartattack last Sunday. Anyone who ever went to the NJ/NY con will remember him as the guy who would always outbid people on a lot of the auctions He was a generous person and a wonderful friend and will be sorely missed.

Thanks,
        Mac Jackson
        Singer/Songwriter of
        "Harmony Constant"
        [email protected]
        myspace.com/harmonyconstant
        youtube.com/MacWJack
        Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
        http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Well heeey. I'll start by saying what a damn good episode Vegas was. Couldn't agree more about Robert C. Cooper's directing skills. They really showed in this episode. And now i cant stop listening to 'Solitary Man'.

Anyways, as for this weeks listener question.

Enemy at the Gate was terrific. It really felt like classic Stargate. We got to see the team together (something missing in several Atlantis episodes this season) and they went from one problem to another. Which is just typical Stargate. The plot was terrific and was a clever way to give Vegas more than just a filler episode status. The action in Enemy at the Gate was outstanding, i truly thought Caldwell and the Deadalus were going to be destroyed. The CGI was great, especially in the latter half of the episode with the dog-fight over area 51. The addition of all the old guest stars gave the episode a great and unique Atlantis feel. Even seeing Kavanugh again was great. The only thing i felt was missing from this episode was nice character moments, but considering this is an action show i can't really complain. Especially seen as we have a whole new show coming soon which will be character driven. So, as a high paced action episode Enemy at the Gate truly delivered on that front and was a great way for Atlantis to go out with a bang. A truly bittersweet ending with Atlantis coming home to Earth.

Thanks again for the podcasts guys.

Oh and Darren, i would reccommend giving the Full Monty a watch. It's a great film, don't be put off by the plot, haha. It's a great Carlyle film. I reckon you would enjoy it.
          "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
          O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
          Woolsey: What does that mean?
          O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Listener Question: What a massive episode. I had to watch Enemy At The Gates twice before I could comprehend everything that was going on. Easily the best Atlantis episode ever, that could have easily been the movie jam packed into 40 minutes. I can't wait for the movie, where are they going to go with the ending they are left with now???

Comment

I had a comment on the series finale. It has to do with Carter. We were told that she was doing something important and that she is very much alive in the stargate universe by TPTB early this season. After this season is over, I still do not see what that was. The only thing that comes up is that she is taking command of a new ship. Big deal! I thought it was going to be something super important or super secret or something. Frankly, I was a bit disappointed.

Comment

I wanted to listen to the latest podcast but when I try to download it off Itunes it stops midway and says there is an error. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Episode #25 is now available!

The series finale of Stargate Atlantis has arrived, and Darren and David talk all about “Enemy At the Gate” in this week’s podcast! This episode had to wear three different hats: the 100th episode, the season finale, and the series finale. Does it satisfy on all fronts?

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest headlines from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Interview! Preview this week's huge, two-part interview with director Andy Mikita.

Listener Mail! Listeners weigh in on the Atlantis finale.

Listener Question: Tell us which episode from the fifth and final season of Atlantis was your favorite, and which was your least favorite (and why!).

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks for listening and contributing!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hey there Guys!!

Great podcast! Completely agree re: The General Hammond! Nice tip'o'the hat. Agree that the Odyssey is a spring for SGU!

More thoughts later and will def call in this week!

Regards to all!

Shirt'n'Tie
                    "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                    Sara O' Neill's father;
                    COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Listener Question:

My favourite episode this season has to be Vegas. When I first heard the story details for it I was very sceptical, but when I watched it blew me away. The alternate reality provided a fresh look a both the Wraith and Sheppard and made a very entertaining story. Also I believe it had the best ending for a Stargate episode since O'Neill finally took the team fishing. Robert C. Cooper still has it.
                      My least favourite episode this season was Whispers. Not only is it my least favourite for season 5 but it is my least favourite episode out of 15 years of the SG franchise. The biggest issue I had with the episode, but by no means only, was the character of Dusty. She was one-dimensional, clichéd and just plain annoying, her death would have improved the episode slightly. In addition this was the only episode of Stargate I actually struggled to watch all the way through, I would rather watch an episode of Stargate Infinity.
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Hello Gentleman,

Very nice Podcast!

Just a few things about the review of "Enemy of the Gate". They could not send a nuke through the gate because they had lost contact with Earth. What if the Hive was in Earth's atmosphere, a blast would of killed millions on Earth.

Also, killing off Ronon would of been too Star Trek, I heard from a lot of fans. At least they did not go down that road.

The final episode had great character dramatic moments, lots of action, excellent music soundtrack, and amazing special effects.

I think with how everything went down, this episode truly delivered and gave the show justice for it's ending. I would give it a 9.5/10! It needed to be 2 parts.
                        sigpic

Comment

Loved your podcast once again!
                          Least favorite episode: Brainstorm, due to the fact that I truly do not like the McKeller ship. It has made much of Season 5 less like-able to me. And this episode is the epitome of that dislike.
                          Most favorite: Vegas, in fact it's the best episode, IMO, of the entire franchise. From the music, the angst, the brilliant acting, the Wraith to the hot guys (shallow, I know), I loved every minute of it. I loved the glimpses into Shep's character, and Shep is the main reason I watched Atlantis in the first place. I cried after it was over, which I don't think I've ever done for a Stargate episode before.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey guuuuys. I've already got some questions brewing for the podcast you're doing answering listener questions, haha. I just had a thought a minute ago however, any chance of doing a GateWorld YouTube site, to upload the GateWorld Play videos to, if that's at all possible? I enjoy watching them but they have a bad habit of not loading. Just a thought.
                            I was thinking about what you said when you thought the Atlantis team looked awkward standing on the blacony at the end of EATG. And for me, they looked sort of sentimental.. perhaps the fact Atlantis has come home hasn't been lost on them, and they were just taking in what had all just trasnpired. And i sort of agree that when Ronon was killed, he should have stayed that way. I mean, i love Ronon's character but that would have been a HUGE moment for the series, and a risk Stargate doesn't often take. But it's understandable why TPTB didn't leave him dead.

As for the listener question..

My favourite Atlantis episode of season 5 (and one of my all-time Atlantis favourites) was Vegas (The Shrine being a very close 2nd) It was going to be a very hit or miss episode, and for me it was a huge hit. Robert C Cooper's directing especially was terrific. Seeing how Shepphard could have turned out was very interesting and Joe Flanigan performed this twisted version of Shepphard perfectly. It was very different, and very cool.

My least favourite episode this season was without a doubt, Identity. Partly because this episode was the 3rd to last one, and at this point in the shows final season you're wanting big, story arc based episodes to help round off the series. And as far as filler episodes go, it was quite poor. I didn't like the lack of tension, action and as a Beckett fan i was disappointed that his role wasn't nearly as pivotal as it was in Outsiders. I would have preferred Vegas to take the episode 18 slot, then Enemy at the Gate could have been a 2-parter over episodes 19-20.
                            "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                            O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                            Woolsey: What does that mean?
                            O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Listener question answer:

My favorite episode of the season, and of the series, was definitely "The Shrine." It was a great character episode that involved everyone and centered on McKay, my favorite character. "The Daedelus Variations" was 2nd.

Least favorite was "Identity." It was a poorly done episode that totally ignored any type of continuity. "Whispers" was a close second.
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

For the Podcast: As far as my least favorite episode this season I'm sad to say there are a few. "Identity", "Inquisition" and "Tracker" felt like lack luster efforts and failed to entice me like they should but the worst of all for me was "The Queen". I found myself difting off in what should have been a good Tayla episode. As for the best episodes: It's hard to decide with greats like "The Shrine", "Vegas" and "Enemy at the Gate" but if I had to pick my favorite it would be the two parter "First Contact" and "The Lost Tribe". Not only was it the first time I'd felt dramatic tention all season but the whole team had something to do and best of all someone from SG-1 was around. I'm a sucker for Crossover episodes

Thanks for your continued generousity in allowing my 2 cents to be part of your wonderful podcast. Let me know if there is ever anything else I can do to help.
                                Mac Jackson
                                Singer/Songwriter of
                                "Harmony Constant"
                                [email protected]
                                myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                                youtube.com/MacWJack
                                Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                                http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Working...
                                X