Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another late posting of this weeks podcast? what can i say i love listening to it, guess it'll be posted sometime today (Wednesday)

Comment

Hi! I stayed up late for the podcast, but guess I should go to sleep now, will catch you tomorrow.
      Hope everything is ok.

Comment

Are you guys purposly posting it late to see who notices?
        sigpic

Comment

OK, I noticed!
          sigpic

Comment

Episode #21 is now available!

We've picked a more serious topic for this week's extended discussion: fan entitlement. What do viewers have the right to expect from the show? Should long-time fans be able to influence plot and character directions? How should we behave toward actors at conventions? We hope you enjoy this unique and important (if also extra-long) topic.

Also this week:

Preview! Podcast listeners get an exclusive preview of this week's interview with writer and executive producer Martin Gero.

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Listener Mail! Listeners share their opinions during our discussion of fan entitlement.

Listener Question: There are only four episodes of Stargate Atlantis left. What do you hope to see fully and finally resolved on the show in these final episodes, or in the first Atlantis movie? Is it a plot thread? A character or relationship issue? Do the Wraith need to be fully and completely destroyed?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

ok i think we need to send darren some iPods, that's what fans do right? they get shafted and then come up with a lame way to get attention, since holding your breath and stomping your feet is so last year

**edit**

oh good timing darren

Comment

You guys have officially put me off conventions for life.

ETA: Even if I went I'd have no intention of groping Michael Shanks, or anyone else for that matter.
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

ya that was very intriguing, i have always wanted to go to a convention, and was seriously considering going in april. all i want to do is meet them, get a pic with them and maybe an autograph, but those stories are mind blowing, almost stalkerish.

Listener Question:

I would like to see closure in the Wraith storyline, but it doesn't necessarily have to end in their destruction. They could take the retrovirus, leave pegasus, or whatever they decide. If they do not close the Wraith story, I would like closure in the movie, like they did in Ark of Truth. If they do close the storyline in the final episodes, I would like to see the return of the Pegasus Asgard in the upcoming movie.

Comment

Wassssup. thanks again for the podcast. Always a decent listen each week. I'd love to call in, but i have no idea how expensive that would be calling from Scotland. So im happy enough leaving comments.

Anyways..

There are only four episodes of Stargate Atlantis left. What do you hope to see fully and finally resolved on the show in these final episodes, or in the first Atlantis movie? Is it a plot thread? A character or relationship issue? Do the Wraith need to be fully and completely destroyed?

In regards to this weeks question, of the more recent plot lines i would like to see what happened to "The Lost Tribe" of Asgard, hopefully TPTB will save them for a big send off in the movie. Also, i would like some closure on the Genii. Are we allies or enemies? I've seen numerous episodes with the Genii opposing us, claiming they do not work for the collective Genii people. Also, they are possibly the second biggest race of humans in the Pegasus Galaxy, so it would be fitting if the creative team could wrap up the Genii story in some way. As for the Wraith, completely destroying them would be too far. Like with the Goa'uld, there's no one, quick and simple method of wiping out an entire species. However, i would like to see their stranglehold on the Galaxy loosened. And i would like the Atlantis team to get some recognition for helping to do so. Rather than being put on trial. Finally, I know a lot of people feel Lt. Ford's cameo in 'Search & Rescue' was the writers way of saying the character is dead, but i think it would be great if we could get some solid closure on what happened to Lt. Aiden Ford.
                    "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                    O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                    Woolsey: What does that mean?
                    O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

I would just like to go on record DAVID ....and say there was actually more to my BSG argument then just the premise of Starbuck/Apollo *as a Couple* being separated in order to redirect fans attention to his true story. The full point of my argument was very similar to yours that he had a clear vision that was getting side tracked ONLY in fandom and in interviews and questions from all other outlets....and that he was making subtle changes to the stories in order to get the original vision he had out there. I based my argument on his own words ....so Now I return you to your regularly scheduled program....
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Well I felt it was safer to put words into your mouth rather than his. He's not likely to defend himself. You are, however. I was hoping you'd come in and clarify if I missed something.

See you at the birthday party. Don't poison my food.

Comment

Hi there Guys!

*bows deeply to all* Many thanks for using my little conrtibution. You can't believe the shock I got!!! As an aside: I usually have the podcast blaring on Tuesday nights (after the SGA episdode airs) as I tidy the kitchen, stoke the fire and help their Imperial Majesties get ready for bed. My small people call the podcasts the "Darren'n'David show"...so imagine their squels of delight/puzzlement as they heard my voice!!!
                          Delighted with the great chat re: fan entitlement. Agree with the views, will ponder this weeks question!

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

S'n'T
                          "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                          Sara O' Neill's father;
                          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                            Well I felt it was safer to put words into your mouth rather than his. He's not likely to defend himself. You are, however. I was hoping you'd come in and clarify if I missed something.

See you at the birthday party. Don't poison my food.
                            LOLOL I would never ..besides I am not doing the cooking this time ...or..

I will give you a pass anyway, I am sure that we were probably having a multi-tiered conversation like we usually end up doing and we both end up having to tie up at least three or four lines of thought before it ends...so... you actually can't be blamed either

however, I am remiss in my haste to defend myself..I did forget to say I did completely enjoy the Podcast as ALWAYS and was sorry I missed being part of that one..however, the editing would have been a nightmare had I been
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Listener Question: There are only four episodes of Stargate Atlantis left. What do you hope to see fully and finally resolved on the show in these final episodes, or in the first Atlantis movie? Is it a plot thread? A character or relationship issue? Do the Wraith need to be fully and completely destroyed?

For the podcast:
                              I wouldn't mind seeing the Wraith story wrapped up in this season only because their appeal vanished for me after the 1st season. The more they humanized them the less scary they became. I would like to see the story wrapped up and have the movies explore all the other villians that have been under used and under developed.

More than anything I would like to see a conclusive ending for Lt. Ford. Either have one big final show down with him or have him converted back to his human self and either rejoin the team or live happily ever after
                              Thanks as always
                              Mac
                              Mac Jackson
                              Singer/Songwriter of
                              "Harmony Constant"
                              [email protected]
                              myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                              youtube.com/MacWJack
                              Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                              http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for another great episode
                                The results of the Wraith-anti-feeding drug was something I thought should definitely be cleared up, and Infection did address that, but there are a lot of questions left unanswered and I'd like to know for once and for all if the drug can be a success or not.

As for whether the Wraith should be completely destroyed, I think no, not at all. Defeated - yes, probably. But I love the way the storyline has been going lately and I'd like to see the movies taking a slightly different tack, and playing on the increasing humanisation of the Wraith such that the battle turns away from being purely military to taking on a slightly more intellectual, philosophical feel. I'd love to see the Wraith take on the "questionable allies" role once again, and it'd be good to see more mind games and less explosions. That said, a movie being a movie, it has to be all big and splashy so I'm not holding my breath

I'd also LOVE to see some Elizabeth-in-a-Fran again, and maybe... if we're very lucky... even some Torri? *fangirl squee*

And yes, I agree with everyone, we need some closure on Lt Ford!!

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X