Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Gosh I am happy I am not the only one who thinks the same of him. I do like him for this never fully explored, troubled side of his persona. Now if TPTB wanted a darker season, one good thing to do would be exploring Sheppard's character and explaining why he is the way he is.
    Definitely. I had high expectations for 'Phantoms' last year, but his part was a little bit of a let down. (and poor Teyla )

I have somewhat mixed feelings about John - there's a lingering mysteriousness that draws you to him, but the way the character's been developed...well, he just comes off as very annoying at times. Kirking included.

And I'm afraid the whole ex-wife thing will be handled in the usual way - badly (not to mention all the clichés that could -and probably will - find their way into the storyline).

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      It's a mystery to me also. I think JF is a great actor, and I totally get what he meant by showing multi levels to his character. We don't want to see Shep sobbing into his pillow, but who can doubt that he cares after watching Lifeline and Doppelganger? I don't know too many actors who can show so much emotion without saying a word. Sometimes less is more.

I'm a little torn this year about the kirk stuff. I know I was one of the loudest mouths criticizing him in S2. It just seemed stupid and excessive, and even though others told me I was being stupid and excessive for thinking it was belittling to his character, I didn't change my mind. Last season he barely glanced at the buxom babes, and noone showed the least bit of interest in him as far as I recall. So, he's been a good boy for over a year. He's been through enough trauma in the last few months to destroy a weaker man and then this Larrin babe comes along. We don't know yet if he will act like a 15 year old like he did in The Tower or not, so I am reserving judgment. And frankly, though I don't know any other Sparky fan who agrees with me It's okay, I'm a big girl. I won't mind if he seeks a little comfort from her. It's basic human nature I think.

But on the other hand, it's true that TPTB aren't thinking along those lines. They can't seem to get beyond...hot babe..snurk snurk snurk drool.
      I agree with you. *hides* I wouldn't mind seeing Sheppard loosing himself just a bit, because Elizabeth is gone, who (almost) always believed in him. I doubt we're going to see that, though. We can always write fics that go down that road and explain his actions in S4

And I also think that a lot of the deeper aspects of Sheppard's character come from good acting, rather then good writing writing. Which leads us back to the topic...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Even in syndication the ratings are falling:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...inue_to_.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
          Definitely. I had high expectations for 'Phantoms' last year, but his part was a little bit of a let down. (and poor Teyla )

I have somewhat mixed feelings about John - there's a lingering mysteriousness that draws you to him, but the way the character's been developed...well, he just comes off as very annoying at times. Kirking included.

And I'm afraid the whole ex-wife thing will be handled in the usual way - badly (not to mention all the clichés that could -and probably will - find their way into the storyline).
          Ugh, I expact nothing but cliches from "Outcast", and I wonder just how much backstory will we get to see about him.

Apart from kirking, his smart@ssness can really be annoying. A bit of it is fun, but McShep fest episodes usually end up.... ugh.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
          I agree with you. *hides* I wouldn't mind seeing Sheppard loosing himself just a bit, because Elizabeth is gone, who (almost) always believed in him. I doubt we're going to see that, though. We can always write fics that go down that road and explain his actions in S4

And I also think that a lot of the deeper aspects of Sheppard's character come from good acting, rather then good writing writing. Which leads us back to the topic...
          I agree. The moments where he makes most sense (like coin tossing in "The Rising" - I love that scene because it sums up everything about him perfectly) seem like good acting and not good writing to me.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

We'll just appreciate the fact that he seems to care about his co-workers and he's not afraid to say that aloud
            sounds like a darn good thing to respect.

and honestly, the actors that CAN care for others and are unselfish enough to think of others are the actors that ultimately, go further than the 'me, me, me' ones.

Part of succeeding in acting isn't always skill, but your attitude, how you're liked and how you work with others.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              Sure it is.

I don't know how the US Air Force works, but if Sheppard was an officer in our army, his fate would develop as follows:

1. A couple of people from our General Staff would get the mission reports from the first year of the Atlantis expedition. I hope I don't need to say they would not be amused

2. They would order Sheppard to go back to Earth.

3. Once on Earth, they would court martial him for repeated insubordination and disrespectful behavior towards a superior officer and kick him out of the army. They would most definitely not care what Dr Weir said about him

4. They would pick another officer to take Sheppard's place in Atlantis and apologize to the IOA for sending an idiot to a position of such responsibility.

Just look at Sheppard! He's an offront to all good soldiers on this planet! And worst of all: He's already teaching his manners to Lorne!
              At last!!! someone who agrees with me, Sheppard would have been in the US version of Colchester long ago. He is an afront to officers everywhere and I've met all ranks from all three services

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                At last!!! someone who agrees with me, Sheppard would have been in the US version of Colchester long ago. He is an afront to officers everywhere and I've met all ranks from all three services
                I always thought it was a given that Sheppard is a ridiculously bad military officer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  I always thought it was a given that Sheppard is a ridiculously bad military officer.
                  I have to put up with my other half telling me what a bad officer Sheppard is, being a former Squaddie himself he tends to foam at the mouth whenever Sheppard is on screen, especially when he has a gun in his hand. The OH was training as a sniper before he was invalided out and I tend to get a long lecture on the how's, when's and why's of rifles so I'm usually careful what I say around him

Comment

see shep is my fav

i love him as the underdog... i love his issues...
                    and it doesn't bug me in the least if someone doesn't like him
                    or accuses him of stuff... but you know i just really don't see the 'kirking'

but hey thats cool to hehe

i used to be in the military and shep is a bit sloopy

but i think he has the 'leading skills' that many military people don't have
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                      Even in syndication the ratings are falling:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...inue_to_.shtml
                      That's the season 3 ratings though. They have nothing to do with season 4 on cable.

Comment

God, just watched the latest episode and wtf...it was the ShepMcShep show--just when you thought they couldn't show anymore McShep, they did...I think the show exec. should just admit their lifestyle choice <not that there is anything wrong with that> and go write a sequel to Brokeback.

I can't really see this show lasting much longer then a season or two if they keep going down this path.

Comment

Originally posted by seattle_mary1979 View Post
                          God, just watched the latest episode and wtf...it was the ShepMcShep show--just when you thought they couldn't show anymore McShep, they did...I think the show exec. should just admit their lifestyle choice <not that there is anything wrong with that> and go write a sequel to Brokeback.
                          That would be track 4 of The Stinky Sock Mix - Volume 1.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            LMAO!
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

I want to laugh too, what's track #4.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post

The Stinky Sock Mix - Volume 1

1. Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
                                2. KC & The Sunshine Band - Shake Your Booty
                                3. Twisted Sisters - We're Not Gonna Take It
                                4. Village People - YMCA
                                5. Europe - The Final Countdown
                                6. U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
                                7. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
                                8. REM - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
                                9. Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
                                10. Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
                                11. Kaiser Chiefs - Every Day I Love You Less And Less
                                12. Electrasy- Cosmic Castaway
                                13. The Offspring - Why Don't You Get A Job
                                14. Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
                                15. Metallica - King Nothing
                                16. Sinead O'Connor - Fire On Babylon
                                17. The Cranberries - Zombie
                                18. Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing
                                19. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
                                20. Within Temptation - What Have You Done

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X