Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    *throws stinky sock into room* *slides to a stop and plops down on couch with drink in hand*

    Hey, I'm back from a RL drama. Now I'm not one to gloat over other people's misfortune, but:





    Originally posted by ses110 View Post
    LoL.I think that excuse was used already. Another popular one is ratings are down across the board. I just want to forget the DVR talk and just talk about cast changes and and stories effecting ratings. I laugh when cast changes and bad stories are shot down for bad ratings.DVR has been used as a crutch by TPTB of SG-1 IMO.
    This is true in general, but I would love to ask them how they explain shows like The Closer that broke all kinds of cable records in the summer, no less. Not to mention Monk and Psych which do very well also. Could it be that if you make a good show with characters people care about and keep them around, people will want to watch it?

    Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    Oh, there will be excuses, but the fact remains that cast changes ('shake up'), decent promotion, expensive special effects etc. didn't improve SGA's live ratings, quite the opposite. Why spend more money to obtain an inferior result?
    Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over hoping to get a different result?

    I watched a couple of commentaries on S3 and was struck all over again by how clueless certain writers and directors are. They sometimes just don't see the show the way a lot of fans do. I am talking specifically about Irresistible.
    Spoiler:
    Gero and Wood both were amazed that anyone thought Lucius was using a date rape drug.
    And Sunday.
    Spoiler:
    Gero said that he knew 50% of the viewers hated it, but oh well...sorry.
    At this point their lack of even trying to please fans is just laughable. Unless, of course, it's the fans who agree with their overall direction. Who's a lemming now? I doubt this attitude is going to be changed by a low rating.
    sigpic

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

    Comment


      here are dana's and my suggestions for anti party:

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=3rQabClVk2c

      and dana's: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkllM8znx4

      Oh yes. I'd love better stories and plotlines that make sense. This kind of writing tehy are doing makes me think they have no idea where to lead that show.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        *throws stinky sock into room* *slides to a stop and plops down on couch with drink in hand*

        Hey, I'm back from a RL drama. Now I'm not one to gloat over other people's misfortune, but:

        Welcome back SR!

        *scoots over on couch*

        Comment


          We missed you SR!!!! Stick around woman! We need you here.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

          Comment


            Ooo - you know.... someone should make deviled eggs because, well, they stink!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              This is true in general, but I would love to ask them how they explain shows like The Closer that broke all kinds of cable records in the summer, no less. Not to mention Monk and Psych which do very well also. Could it be that if you make a good show with characters people care about and keep them around, people will want to watch it?
              People WILL watch TV if the shows are good. I don't watch much TV anymore because I'm just not interested in the junk the networks are putting on the air. Just feels like the same drek regurgitated over and over. I never miss "House", "CSI", or "Doctor Who", but everything else is, meh. If I'm flipping channels, I'll watch something, but I don't go out of my way for anything else, even SGA.

              I watched a couple of commentaries on S3 and was struck all over again by how clueless certain writers and directors are. They sometimes just don't see the show the way a lot of fans do. I am talking specifically about Irresistible. . . . .And Sunday.
              I remember JM gushing about how everyone would just LOVE "Irresistible" as it was so funny and different and the cast loved doing it. Well, the audience didn't get the same vibes. Same with "Sunday" -
              Spoiler:
              exploding tumors???


              Those who forget their audience, are doomed to lose it.



              When all else fails, change channels.

              Comment


                Irr - was a fiasco. It turned out as exactly the opposite from TPTB's predicrions. Lucius was simply a waste of space and screentime, and not to mention money. A cringeworthy character.

                Sunday was a crime. Simply a crime.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  This is true in general, but I would love to ask them how they explain shows like The Closer that broke all kinds of cable records in the summer, no less. Not to mention Monk and Psych which do very well also. Could it be that if you make a good show with characters people care about and keep them around, people will want to watch it?
                  Oh, I LOVE Psych, it has my new OTP and they are cute. Plus it got renewed for a another season. SO YAY.
                  sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

                  Comment


                    I have a song to add to the anti-album: Another One Bites The Dust by Queen

                    Seems fitting...
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      *hugs fh*

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                        *hugs fh*
                        Once I'm done acquiring Adobe Premiere Pro and I can get it to work properly I'm going to make a musicvid, honoring the fallen Heroes of Atlantis. Cause they deserve it (and so do the actors portraying them).
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                        Comment


                          I agree FH. Here is another apropriate one: The show must go on by Queen (think of it as an irony)!!
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            won't be anything new. season 9 adn 10's falling ratings were blamed on everything BUT the cast changes and the writing.
                            *nods* Because everyone LOVES the cast changes and especially since they were written is so well. It's not like a new character was playing Rambo and got from 0 to hewo within a millisecond nor was it like a person who could steal a ship suddely became a little girl stuck to the side of another main character like a Siamese twin. And of course everyone adores the "Deus-ex-Machine" solutions as well as a big reset button at the end of every episode.

                            Oh wait, their long term audience didn't like those changes and suddenly tuned out.

                            And now it's Atlantis' turn: S4 will be darker and more character driven than the previous three seasons...I wonder where I heard that before? Oh wait, I remember, wasn't that what they said at the start of S2 and S3? And look who that turned out:
                            S2 was very mediocre and the last arc was despised by a lot of people because of it's idiotic plot.
                            S3 was a bit better but had a few episodes that really wrecked the season for a lot of people, especially when a certain producer started a flame war between him and the fandom... And then there are ofcourse other producers/writers who fail to see what certain lines in an episode, like "Before I used herb X I was repulsive and now woman wanted me, and now every woman wants me", imply things they don't want to be associated with especially not if they are writing a "funny" episode.

                            *sighs* I wonder what all those bad things can be brought back to...Oh I know! Bad writing (and an overblown ego)...

                            Anyway, there is at least one thing consistent: Every season we get more pretty SFX episode filler. Perhaps that's what they mean with "Darker", we get to see more space SFX.
                            Signed,

                            Gregorius
                            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.


                            sigpic

                            Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              I agree FH. Here is another apropriate one: The show must go on by Queen (think of it as an irony)!!
                              Oh, that's irony indeed...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                                People WILL watch TV if the shows are good. I don't watch much TV anymore because I'm just not interested in the junk the networks are putting on the air. Just feels like the same drek regurgitated over and over. I never miss "House", "CSI", or "Doctor Who", but everything else is, meh. If I'm flipping channels, I'll watch something, but I don't go out of my way for anything else, even SGA.



                                I remember JM gushing about how everyone would just LOVE "Irresistible" as it was so funny and different and the cast loved doing it. Well, the audience didn't get the same vibes. Same with "Sunday" -
                                Spoiler:
                                exploding tumors???


                                Those who forget their audience, are doomed to lose it.
                                My friend who used to love SGA forgot to watch the premier. I guess the casual fan is even more casual than we thought.

                                You probably don't want to watch the commentaries for those 2. MG and MW gush about what a great character Lucious is.

                                Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Irr - was a fiasco. It turned out as exactly the opposite from TPTB's predicrions. Lucius was simply a waste of space and screentime, and not to mention money. A cringeworthy character.

                                Sunday was a crime. Simply a crime.
                                But according to MG the 50% who hated Sunday don't count.

                                Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                                Oh, I LOVE Psych, it has my new OTP and they are cute. Plus it got renewed for a another season. SO YAY.
                                Mine too. Now I can squee again.

                                Originally posted by Gregorius View Post

                                <snip>

                                Anyway, there is at least one thing consistent: Every season we get more pretty SFX episode filler. Perhaps that's what they mean with "Darker", we get to see more space SFX.
                                According to MG and MW, darker means lower light. The city looks rilly good that way. lol
                                sigpic

                                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X