Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    (((hugs))) It's kind of slow here which is disappointing because the FS discussion is really good. Is it possible we are coming to the end of days around here?
    Eeek, that's a scary thought! Don't say things like that!
    I may not say all that much, but that's only because, to my deep shame, I usually can't think of anything worth contributing. It would end up being just a waste of space filled with things that have already been said much more eloquently by others. Pretty much all I'm good for is fics and drawings. And then I end up rambling, kinda like I am right now. Sorry 'bout that.

I can't think of one like that either and you all know I go waaayyyy back. LOL The ship is usually just like in Bones where there are ups and downs and some lovely shippy moments but you just know they are going to get together in the end so you relax and enjoy the ride. But one like Sparky that's not intended but captures so much attention, I can't think of.

And the fact that we've had to work so hard to justify our ship all these years and yet it came out as good as it did in the end is a minor miracle. I don't mean it ended well. I mean that so many people now see the feelings between them and the potential that it could have been something. The old perception vs. what TPTB say they are intending question will never be answered completely.

Now I promised a fic. It's a bit more subtle than I intended but this is what my fingers typed. It's a tag for Conversion.

Spoiler:
    <space>
    *flails and gets emotional, 'cause that was AWESOME!!!* Oh, I wish that had been the end of the episode! It would have been perfect.

Thanks and thanks to everyone else also. But you see I accomplished my goal of waking everybody up, so it's all good.

And since we're doing motivators.

Spoiler:
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator2157239.jpg[/IMG]

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator809110.jpg[/IMG]

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator4087808.jpg[/IMG]

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator6007563.jpg[/IMG]

]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator9050169.jpg[/IMG]

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator6611456.jpg[/IMG]

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator1692916.jpg[/IMG]

And let's not forget:

Spoiler:
    ]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator2650931.jpg[/IMG]

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/motivator394481.jpg[/IMG]
    Love the motivators. *stares for several minutes at the first JF one*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Okay, guys, I might continue this, but to do so, I need to watch few S4 and S5 eps. I might change how things went, but right now this is all I came up with. FS, through Keller's POV.

Spoiler:
    <space>
    A very nice glimpse into Jennifer's mind. And seeing John's pain through her eyes... *sniff*
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I love love love the naughty motivators. That first one is priceless. It looks like he's thinking "wow they look bigger when she pushes her arms up like that." *snort*

And love the fic and the discussion. I also love how I stirred things up. *grin*
      You did, and I applaud you for that.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Just because I can:

Spoiler:
        http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/genius.jpg[/IMG]
        Ha! Oh, Rodney.

I love love love the naughty motivators. That first one is priceless. It looks like he's thinking "wow they look bigger when she pushes her arms up like that." *snort*

And love the fic and the discussion. I also love how I stirred things up. *grin*
        Yeah, nothing like the threat of doom and gloom to get people going.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          Ha! Oh, Rodney.

As long as it works. And you have lots to say. Even if it's just to add a word or 2 to what others say you should post.

But at least we can't be accused of spamming. LOL
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

LMAO! Anuna, SR, keep those crazy motivators coming! We must have moar teh funniez!

Okay, guys, I might continue this, but to do so, I need to watch few S4 and S5 eps. I might change how things went, but right now this is all I came up with. FS, through Keller's POV.

Spoiler:
            She keeps in mind what Carson always used to say – not making a decision can do more harm than making a bad decision. Everything around her is exploding, people are shouting for help, and she is the one who has to decide. A person with a cut will be louder in asking for attention than someone gravely injured. There is more strength, more voice left.

Elizabeth Weir doesn’t call for help and Jennifer makes a decision, and then another.

They carry the leader of the City on stretcher and Jennifer is walking next to her, briskly, like someone who knows which decision is the right one.

No one tells her which is the right way to treat the next of kin. No one knows that, you either have it in you, or you don't. She holds Colonel's shoulder before she tells him that Elizabeth is alive, only she isn't. All that used to be her, all that made her Elizabeth could easily be gone, and Jennifer knows, and keeps her voice quiet.

He is a grown man, and he nearly cries. There is nothing more to tell.

Elizabeth wakes up, although she shouldn't; and John pulls a gun, although it breaks his heart. It is still Elizabeth, her voice, her concern, her eyes; there is no mistake about that, there is no doubt, but Jennifer wears the hazmat suit.

It wasn't the best decision, and Jennifer doesn't apologize for doing what she did, yet she has to wonder if preserving a life really equals saving it.

The puddle jumper returns while she is in the infirmary and everything happens too fast – the flight, the landing, people needing her and the alarms going off, and it's not until few hours later when she sees the Colonel.

She tries to apologize, but Colonel stops her, cuts her off by gently placing a hand on her shoulder. Jennifer looks into his eyes and thinks about death, about finality of it. It's there and certain, when it happens, and it doesn't leave the empty shell of hope in it's wake.

For that reason alone death can be comforting.
            *flails* That's wonderful! I totally get what you're saying about characterizing her the way we want to see her. And here, she really is that mature, competent woman that we wanted her to be on the show. Awesome!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
              *cackles* Hey, didn't I just say the other day that John and Elizabeth are always at their hottest when facing certain doom? We're just following their lead, after all.

As long as it works. And you have lots to say. Even if it's just to add a word or 2 to what others say you should post.

*dies laughing*

Oh, and speaking of spamming (or not), SyFy is running an all-day Eureka marathon, so there's no SGA rerun today. In fact, they won't be back until Tuesday.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I second that. As nice as it is to hear that some of the discussion is being read, it feels really wasted on days when nobody says anything.

Nobody has to go on and on like I have a tendency to do. Just general comments here and there would be nice, to know people are out there reading and thinking and enjoying the convos. And sharing in the Sparky love.

Comment

Exactly, nothing like the threat of gloom to kick us back into action. You did good, SR!

Where were we, with the discussion?
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Because I'm getting sleepy, more crazy motivators:
                    Spoiler:

And a general one:

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Compared to how I was expecting it to end (after finding out Weir would only be in one eppy in S5, I honestly thought that: 1) there would be serious other-ship angst; 2) she'd never be thought of again; 3) things would be business as usual with all the characters, especially John) I think we turned out darn well.

I say that considering that in all the years of SG, we've only had 1 official ship sanctioned and fully approved. As I've said before (and will say again in the upcoming recaps), in retrospect we got a fairly satisfying ending. As SR said it wasn't 'happy', but if you're a romantic, and you are okay accepting that 'Romeo & Juliet' feel for a story, we did get a pretty good ending. I hate how Elizabeth ended, but I didn't hate how broken up John is about it--and it's not just once, it's not just that one scene in Adrift. He acts that way when he sees her over and over again. Even Mallozzi recognized the hurt enough to consider putting a line about it in Remnants. Mallozzi of all people!

All told, for what we were expecting? We got it pretty good.

And I stand *STANDS* and applaud you for the wonderful fic. They were perfectly in character, it was brilliant.
                      We did get it pretty damn good, didn't we? I've pointed out before how Sparky as it stands now has some marked echoes of medieval romantic literature and the concept of courtly love. The unrequited love from afar for someone who is unattainable... and you can't get any more unattainable than being dead (or, in Lizzie's case, presumed dead). It may not be what I'd prefer for John in the end, but I'll take it. She's touched his heart and soul in such a way that even separated by death, he's still devoted to preserving her legacy. Instead of dying for her, he'll live for her. Damn, that's hot.

Comment

Well, guys and gals, I am out! Thank you once again for the fun discussion! Special shout out to my fellow football fans...

Southern Red: Hokie, Hokie, Hokie Hii! Go Hokies! (I'll be watching that one!)

Scary Kitty: Go Trojans!!!

PKPRD: Uh...give me a minute...

Uh...

Uh...

Go... *licks lips like John*

Go...

Go Vols!

THERE! Okay! Have fun this first weekend of football, and for my international/non-football loving Sparky friends, have a great, great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          *cackles* Hey, didn't I just say the other day that John and Elizabeth are always at their hottest when facing certain doom? We're just following their lead, after all.
                          Yeah, we learned from the best.

Because I'm getting sleepy, more crazy motivators:
                          Spoiler:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/hello.jpg[/IMG]

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/stretch.jpg[/IMG]

And a general one:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/attachment.jpg[/IMG]
                          Heh heh. Aww for the Rodney and Ronon one.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            We did get it pretty damn good, didn't we? I've pointed out before how Sparky as it stands now has some marked echoes of medieval romantic literature and the concept of courtly love. The unrequited love from afar for someone who is unattainable... and you can't get any more unattainable than being dead (or, in Lizzie's case, presumed dead). It may not be what I'd prefer for John in the end, but I'll take it. She's touched his heart and soul in such a way that even separated by death, he's still devoted to preserving her legacy. Instead of dying for her, he'll live for her. Damn, that's hot.
                            And I refuse to use the word 'dead.' She's not 'dead', she's either:

1) In space stasis, like Niam, so for all intents and purposes fully capable of being revived

OR

2) According to Mallozzi's theory, she's out there somewhere still in her real form, capable of being rescued.

In either case, she's not 'gone', she's fully capable of being found or revived. So not dead.

And that comes from a canon-fan.

Comment

This thread is pretty active today/night/afternoon.lol
                              We are still far from the end of this thread.

You have a "hello" from my mom and my dad hates you (and me).lol My mom can't stop talking about SGA. My dad can't stand her.lol In 6 days, she will be in France and she can't wait to watch Adrift.
                              So Sparky is still alive and strong. We have new members even after the end of the show.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Well, guys and gals, I am out! Thank you once again for the fun discussion! Special shout out to my fellow football fans...

Southern Red: Hokie, Hokie, Hokie Hii! Go Hokies! (I'll be watching that one!)

Scary Kitty: Go Trojans!!!

PKPRD: Uh...give me a minute...

Uh...

Uh...

Go... *licks lips like John*

Go...

Go Vols!

THERE! Okay! Have fun this first weekend of football, and for my international/non-football loving Sparky friends, have a great, great weekend!
                                *cackles* Fight on! *waves cardinal and gold pompoms*

Good luck to everyone's teams tomorow!

And I refuse to use the word 'dead.' She's not 'dead', she's either:

1) In space stasis, like Niam, so for all intents and purposes fully capable of being revived

OR

2) According to Mallozzi's theory, she's out there somewhere still in her real form, capable of being rescued.

In either case, she's not 'gone', she's fully capable of being found or revived. So not dead.

And that comes from a canon-fan.
                                Sounds good to me! And hey, both of those scenarios are very much canon-friendly, so have no fear of losing your canon-fan status!

Comment

Working...
                                X