No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a fic rec and a vid rec! If you're in the mood for smart John, who understands math, equations and is curious about learning and using his knowledge, read Life's equations by kirsten999. It's a gen story, but I bet you'll enjoy it.

Lone_pyramid has made a gorgeous vid - Shattered (the song is Shattered by Trading Yesterday). Go watch!!!

Guys, I loved the drabbles, the poen and the drawing. Now it's back to the Big Bang for me.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      SR Keep your head up, VT will get to the ACC championship game. FSU will be a tough one.

Eri13 Things will get better once the Dawgs get home between the hedges.

SK San Jose, my high school team could beat those guys, with me playing (Have you ever seen a "74" drop into a 2 deep zone, it's kind of weird.)

The Vols stomped Western Kentucky. Not much really. UCLA might be a good one, then into the Swamp... I've got a bad feeling a bout that one.

I think Shep likes college better than pros because of the reasons SR stated, and I think the atmosphere plays a part. The rivalries are better (Army/Navy reigns supreme. OSU/Mich can't compare). The stadiums are rockin' (100,000 folks screamin Rocky Top is some sweet sounds), and the variety in play is greater (Spread offense, no huddle, option offense... as a SS/LB/DE I get a little disappointed by lack of defensive schemes). I also think college games move along a bit quicker, or used to before the 40 second clock once the ball is downed.
      Thanks for the pep talk. I think they did fairly well with such a young offense. But 70,000 folks singing Sweet Home Alabama is not so sweet. LOL

Congrats again to those whose teams won and a big 'ol I feel your pain to those who lost.

Erin, your not a drabble was wonderful. That John always has a plan. I love the drabbleathon and hope more people do one. I may have more later.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        I'm not going to even pretend this one's a drabble. Enjoy!

Spoiler:
        Storytime

“What’s it like, on Atlantis? Is it pretty there?”

Elizabeth looked down at the little girl lying in the bed and smiled warmly. Layla was the daughter of the town’s high councilor, and had taken such a liking to Elizabeth during the team’s diplomatic visit that she had insisted on her being the one to tuck her in for the night. Councilor Lorren had apologized at first for his daughter’s behavior, but had soon given way under Elizabeth’s assurances that she really didn’t mind.

She drew the blankets up further around the girl’s shoulders and sat down on the edge of the bed, twisting so she could see her face. “Yes,” she began with a smile, “it’s very pretty. It’s beautiful. It’s a city of light and color and salt air, full of sparkling glass towers and large airy hallways. Mysterious too. You never know what you’re going to find around the next corner.”

“Wow…” whispered Layla, snuggling her doll closer. Elizabeth laughed softly.

“Yeah, that’s what I say a lot of the time. And it’s completely surrounded by water, like an island. And, there’s a place high up at the top of the tallest tower where you can stand for hours and look at the ocean. Have you ever seen the ocean?” Layla yawned and shook her head, her eyes sliding closed. “Well it goes on and on… and, if you’re in the right spot, on a clear day you can see forever.”

“Wish I lived there,” Layla muttered sleepily.

Elizabeth smiled and brushed a strand of blonde hair away from the girl’s face. “It is a nice place to live. Good night.”

She didn’t answer directly, only mumbled something - the only word Elizabeth caught was ‘forever’- and then she was completely asleep. Being careful not to make any noise that might wake her, Elizabeth slowly got up from the bed and turned to walk out of the room, jumping in surprise when she saw someone standing in the door way. Still mindful of the sleeping girl, she only glared at him as her heart tried to resume its normal rhythm.

“Oops. Sorry!” whispered John with an apologetic smile, the sparkle not leaving his green eyes. He was leaning comfortably against the frame of the open door, his hands in his pockets and his black hair wild as always, his smile still oh-so-charming.

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, the corner of her mouth quirking as she walked past him out into the hallway. He stood up straight and pulled the door shut silently behind her, “Didn’t mean to scare you.” Elizabeth gave him an uh-huh-sure-you-didn’t look, and they started walking back towards the banquet hall where the rest of the team were feasting with the townspeople. “I just came to check up on you, see if you needed any help getting the kid to sleep.”

“Oh, I think I managed rather well,” she said, smiling and glancing at him as they walked. “So how long were you standing there?”

John laughed. “Long enough to see you didn’t need my help.” He glanced at her and licked his lips nervously. “That was really nice, what you were saying about Atlantis. I usually don’t think about it much, but you’re right. It is beautiful.”

She was surprised at this un-John-like admission, but touched nonetheless. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He tilted his head towards her, then faced forward again as they walked, hands back in his pockets in typical laid-back Sheppard style. “Still, my favorite part was when you were describing our balcony. It got me thinking… the food here’s actually pretty good, and I remember hearing Radek say before we left that tomorrow was going to be a clear day back home... I figured maybe…”

It took Elizabeth a moment to catch what he had said at the beginning. Wait, our balcony? She was about to call him on what had obviously been a slip of the tongue when she suddenly realized that she had stopped thinking about it as the balcony and started thinking about it as theirs a long time ago. She smiled as he finished outlining his plans for the next day’s lunch and nodded to herself as she pretended to be thinking it over.

“Let’s see… good food, good company, a spectacular view…” She turned to him and grinned. “I’m sold.”
        Awwww that was really sweet! Thank you for writing!
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

...when insomnia strikes, and boredom tags along for the ride:

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...rent=Movie.flv

...lol

Comment

All the drabbles and art have been wonderful this weekend.

And thanks for the FB pep talks, guys! It's both funny and awesome that I can come to the Sparky thread and get comforted about college football. And I agree, PKRPD, about why John would love college football. John's all about the spirit, I think, I could see him enjoying college more than pro because of the atmosphere more than the actual make-up of the game.

I may try some more drabbles later, but right now I'm being summoned for lunch. Have a good one guys!
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post

...lol
              THAT...was just AWESOME! THANKS!!

*LOL*
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hi everybody!

Great fics, beautiful drawing...I love this thread.

...lol
                Hilarious!
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

SK San Jose, my high school team could beat those guys, with me playing (Have you ever seen a "74" drop into a 2 deep zone, it's kind of weird.)
                  *snickers*

I think Shep likes college better than pros because of the reasons SR stated, and I think the atmosphere plays a part. The rivalries are better (Army/Navy reigns supreme. OSU/Mich can't compare). The stadiums are rockin' (100,000 folks screamin Rocky Top is some sweet sounds), and the variety in play is greater (Spread offense, no huddle, option offense... as a SS/LB/DE I get a little disappointed by lack of defensive schemes). I also think college games move along a bit quicker, or used to before the 40 second clock once the ball is downed.
                  Go Navy! But USC/UCLA is pretty damn hardcore out here on the West Coast.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  I have a fic rec and a vid rec! If you're in the mood for smart John, who understands math, equations and is curious about learning and using his knowledge, read Life's equations by kirsten999. It's a gen story, but I bet you'll enjoy it.

Lone_pyramid has made a gorgeous vid - Shattered (the song is Shattered by Trading Yesterday). Go watch!!!

Guys, I loved the drabbles, the poen and the drawing. Now it's back to the Big Bang for me.
                  Oooh, thank you for the recs; I loved the Smart!John fic... if only we'd seen more of that on the show!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

...lol
                    Whoo hoo! Now that's what I'm talking about!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

...you know how hard it was to get that last shot of John 'dipping' her??? I couldn't get them to stay! LOL

Comment

...lol
                        That was just great. I love the dip.
                        sigpic

Comment

...you know how hard it was to get that last shot of John 'dipping' her??? I couldn't get them to stay! LOL
                          I can believe it! Just getting my figures to stand up straight on display can be a challenge. Little bits of museum putty under their boots and those clear hair elastics are a godsend.

Comment

Hellooooo? Anyone here? Everyone's off doing Labor Day weekend stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Hellooooo? Anyone here? Everyone's off doing Labor Day weekend stuff?
                              I'm here. But not much is going on. Maybe a pic will help.

Spoiler:
                              John: I swear Elizabeth. I didn't scare the Sparkies away.
                              Rodney: She's mad. When her chest heaves like that it's never a good sign.
                              Liz: !
                              sigpic

Comment

So, I had a thought last night and wonder what you guys think. This was prompted by the talk a few pages back about whether the Sparky thread is on the decline. What would you say to a mini Sparky reunion one weekend a month? We could encourage everyone to drop in, even if it's just to say hello.

I think there are several categories of Sparkies here:

1. The Regulars - bless you guys for keeping us going!
                                2. Those for whom real life is being a bitka (yes, I'm watching Buffy LOL) - this is me and many others I'm sure.
                                3. Lurkers - this might encourage them to post more - don't be shy!
                                4. Those who are out of the habit - sometimes you just need a reason to start again.

Anyway, we could use the weekend to catch up with old friends and maybe come away with new ways to celebrate Sparky. We could spread the word here and on LJ (there's still plenty of Sparky love over there).

What say you? Should we try once or twice and see how people respond?
                                sigpic
                                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Working...
                                X