X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
    And a new motivator for our latest discussion:
    Spoiler:

Inspired by SK. It's my first attempt so be gentle.
    *cackles* I love it!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
      *eyes still not working...*

I hear everyone is posting Weir pictures, but I still can't see them. Could you maybe post the brail versions?

*sudden barrage of slaps from Sparky shippers, Joe Flanigan (defending her honor?), and Torri Higginson leaves face red, raw, and throbbing*

Hey... I think I can see again. It's a Christmas miracle!

Merry Christmas Sparky shippers!
      *snickers and passes over an ice pack*

Merry Christmas!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*applies ice pack*

Ahhhh.....

Wait...

*looks at ice pack*

I didn't get you anything for Christmas...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I may not come by anymore but I still think of you so:
          http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18..._greetings.jpg
          Ooooh! Thanks for stopping by Falcon! *hugs*

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
          Hello *waves tentatively*

I've been a long-time lurker of this thread and this pic has finally brought me out...oh my...
          As a huge Shep thunker, I couldn't stay silent.
          Welcome cc_mac! We love having new people drop in.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Mmm... yeah, and a few more gifts that I don't actually know the content of.
          Wait until your birthday. I have you, Anuna, and gateraid all down for January.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          Mari, Reiko, SK & SR I am available most of the day on Friday for viewing. I am in the EST. How does 2:00 PM EST sound to everyone? After lunch, after the morning madness? Like I said, I am free pretty much all day. So just let me know.
          2:00 PM EST works for me, except here it's between breakfast and lunch. But that sounds good, I should be able to make it.

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
          And a new motivator for our latest discussion:
          Spoiler:

Inspired by SK. It's my first attempt so be gentle.
          Oooh! I like it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Carson... oh, man, that could've been awesome. (and Reiko would've probably died of squee! ) You'd still have Teyla grieving for the father of her child over the course of S4, but unlike with Kanaan, Teyla (along with everyone else) would have truly believed he was dead. And it would've made the discovery of Clone!Carson in The Kindred even more shocking.
          Yes, I would have definately died of squee. I have to say I was actually expecting them to do it until spoilers came along. By using Carson they could effectively squeam their way out of relationship building (already a basis), oh, and he's dead/recuring, so you don't have to worry about a messy romance with a fellow team member. Hey, it would give him something important to do this season too, I hear he finally gets to do something in the finale.

I hope I passed out the mini-cards to most of the regulars here, the rest I'll get tomorrow. I was going to make unique cards for everybody but that would take too long I figured. So I think only a few people got unique cards because they have a smaller special interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Sure about that? Maybe she likes him commando...
            She would have made him wear a belt. I do that too if I don't want to look like a have a gut. But then my jeans keep sliding off.

That's an excellent point, and I think the same could easily be said for John and trying to pair John and Teyla in the event that Kanaan died. It's been proposed by some (including Mallozzi and Gero) that Teyla may have had a 'crush' on John earlier on. But in the end, she chose Kanaan. I think that's very telling.
            The 'crush' theory is a bit like the 'is Weir dead' question IMO. In some earlier eps, I'd say she did. But in many, no, especially from the beginning of s2. If they (TPTW) wanted to go that way, they'd have to start with a clean slate.

No kidding! In Ronon's case, I get the impression that until very recently, the producers were thinking of keeping him unattached, similar to their current stance with Sheppard; the in-story explanation likely being that he's still grieving over the death of Melena (Jason referred to her as Ronon's wife at the Burbank con this year; it's never been explicitly stated on the show itself, but I think that was the intent from the flashback scenes in Sateda), the destruction of his homeworld by the Wraith and the suffering he endured as a Runner. Which makes
            Spoiler:
            the sudden hurry-up pairing of Ronon with Banks in EatG look even more sloppy than McKeller!
            And yet the spoilered thing is very similar to our Athosian friend

Carson... oh, man, that could've been awesome. (and Reiko would've probably died of squee! ) You'd still have Teyla grieving for the father of her child over the course of S4, but unlike with Kanaan, Teyla (along with everyone else) would have truly believed he was dead. And it would've made the discovery of Clone!Carson in The Kindred even more shocking.

Michael. My guess is, TPTW chickened out and didn't go this way because it would've been too dark, given Michael's 'evil overlord' plans for Teyla, Torren, and the Athosians. But done right, it could've rocked.
            Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            Yes, I would have definately died of squee. I have to say I was actually expecting them to do it until spoilers came along. By using Carson they could effectively squeam their way out of relationship building (already a basis), oh, and he's dead/recuring, so you don't have to worry about a messy romance with a fellow team member. Hey, it would give him something important to do this season too, I hear he finally gets to do something in the finale.
            C/T would have required some work given the events of Sunday. If they still wanted to kill him, they could have delayed it a little - perhaps had him die in FS instead. Alternately, they could have had Michael impregnate her with Carson's sperm.

RL just glows when she smiles. She comes across as a toucher. Personally I think she could be shipped with a door and it would still work, unfortunately both Shep and Teyla act like them in some of their scenes together.

I've never yet seen SGA as dark. They gloss over what could be dark. Take Lizzie's death - if it weren't for JF, there'd have been no grief at all. Actually that's not true. Rodney and Carson made a good fist of it.
            Last edited by gateraid; 24 December 2008, 11:53 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I defy anyone not to like this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAjecrMl25E

Lyrics:

Spoiler:

Jason Mraz
              I'm Yours lyrics
              Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
              I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
              I fell right through the cracks, now I'm trying to get back

Before the cool done run out, I'll be giving it my bestest
              And nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention
              I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
              It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
              Open up your plans and damn you're free
              Look into your heart and you'll find love love love love

Listen to the music of the moment people, dance and sing
              We're just one big family
              And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
              It cannot wait, I'm sure
              There's no need to complicate, our time is short
              This is our fate, I'm yours

D-d-do do you, but do you, d-d-do
              But do you want to come on
              Scooch on over closer dear
              And I will nibble your ear

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
              And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
              But my breath fogged up the glass
              And so I drew a new face and I laughed

I guess what I be saying is there ain't no better reason
              To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
              It's what we aim to do, our name is our virtue

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
              It cannot wait, I'm yours

Come on and open up your mind and see like me
              (I won't hesitate)
              Open up your plans and damn you're free
              (No more, no more)
              Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours
              (It cannot wait, I'm sure)

So please don't, there's no need
              (There's no need to complicate)
              There's no need to complicate
              (Our time is short)
              'Cause our time is short
              (This is our fate)
              This is, this is, this is our fate
              I'm yours

Oh, I'm yours
              Oh, I'm yours
              Oh, whoa, baby you believe I'm yours
              You best believe, best believe I'm yours

Originally released in 2006, then re-released in late 2008. Would (I think) make a good sparky vid if anyone felt that way inclined. I gather he takes a lot of glaucoma medication
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
                I'm glad to read that. I'm a frequent poster on the Sheyla thread and would really like to be here too. I love reading everyone's different takes on the eps. I can usually see both sides quite easily.
                I really don't like conflict and want everyone to get along usually. So, you won't find any bashing from me, characters, opinions, fellow posters or whatever.

I know a few multi-shippers myself. I don't know if all of them have went public with it, but they are definitely out there.

And that is some pic...

Oh I know several people who like one or the other or both ships like me. I welcome everyone's opinion. And yes, I know we're not supposed to be negative around GW anymore, but TPTB have almost ruined the Sheyla for me. Like I said, I've decided to retreat to fanfic where the wonderful authors can create the Sheyla and Sparky that we love.

I'm off too.....that didn't sound right....I'm new, better not give you the impression I'm looney or anything....
                Let's try this again...I'm going to sign off as I have guests coming over for Christmas Eve dinner and I'm sure they would like something to eat...so...

Thanks for the welcome everyone and have a wonderful Christmas!
                Heh, we had a nasty poster here a month or so ago. Actually we had him for couple of months. He supports other ship, and we're fine with that, but what made us eventually flip out was his constant John bashing. He ain't here any more.

We're looney too. Wait until you read comments on closets and such things. We can be downright goofy Don't let that scare you away!
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I have to say that I'm loving the recent conversations here, although I have a little time to post myself. I think lot of things could have been done with SGA, but sadly, the writers never truly put their hearts into it. That's my impression at least. At the end of the day I don't like how last two seasons turned out, but I still love the characters. They remain to be an inspiration for me.

And since my brain isn't working properly, let me wish you all a very merry Christmas! Have a great holiday, Sparkies!!!!
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    I have to say that I'm loving the recent conversations here, although I have a little time to post myself. I think lot of things could have been done with SGA, but sadly, the writers never truly put their hearts into it. That's my impression at least. At the end of the day I don't like how last two seasons turned out, but I still love the characters. They remain to be an inspiration for me.
                    And since my brain isn't working properly, let me wish you all a very merry Christmas! Have a great holiday, Sparkies!!!!
                    A lot?? Understatement me thinks. But that is a circular convo.

Atlantis ended when they left Lantea. S4/5 = Altantis Command
                    sigpic

Comment

Just because I haven't done one of these in a while, and coz it's christmas

J: I gotta go, I think I left your present in the jumper bay.

E: What, now? Zelenka just figured out how to make the transporters replicate alcohol, so everyone's on the way to the control room for drinks

J: Yes, but its sexy lingerie. If someone else finds it, we could be in serious trouble. I have to go, and you know it

E: *headdesk*
                      Last edited by gateraid; 19 January 2009, 10:40 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone

Spoiler:
                        BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Ordering Christmas Turkey. Sheppard letting Lizzie know how big he wants it.
                          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post

Ordering Christmas Turkey. Sheppard letting Lizzie know how big he wants it.

How bout a christmas hug? Where's the love?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              How bout a christmas hug? Where's the love?
                              All ready on order.

Along with

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

And

Is that a christmas tree in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
                                Last edited by gateraid; 19 January 2009, 10:40 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X