Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcat View Post
    I will gladly thunk Lizzie with anyone as she is beauuuuuuutiful.
    Yup! Bestest lady half of an OTP. Ever. Add John to that (with or without boxers) and voila...Sparky=Best. Ship. Ever.

Originally posted by mcat View Post
    I know, *sigh*... Our ship is the prettiest!
    Yep!

"John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?" That will NEVER EVER get old.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...ntea/misb7.jpg
    What, me, honor defending? What? No. What?
    Nope, that will never get old for me either. She SO caught him! Oue Lizzie, she always knew he was for her.
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Oy! *cracks up* Where did the boxers go? Oh I know, Lizzie has them
      Commando!baby

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      Trust SR to find the bestest shot EVER!

I am all for starting with Rising on Friday. Did you guys ever work out a time where it worked well for everyone? Should we stick to that time or pick another? We can do maybe Rising, possibly couple on either Sat/Sun or a combo of both days?
      I snurched it.

You guys pick a time that works if you want to do Rising. I'll try to take part but it will depend on hubby.

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
      *reads through almost 20 pages of new posts*

Well...

You are certainly an active group...

First off all, thank you all for the warm welcome. I don't think I've been welcomed quite like that anywhere else on the entire Forum. You guys like pictures don't you? Pictures with - ah - interesting captions. Captions that I wouldn't necessarily have *ever* thought of in association with those scenes. Scenes that I thought were quite innocent when I saw them on TV... That now seem like they'd be more appropriate on a channel with a much higher number and a parental code...

*sees picture of Joe Flanigan bent over and angled on rear*

Ohhh... Oh God... *squeezes eyes shut and vigorously scrubs them*
      Boil some hot water! Get some disinfectant! Get some iodine!

I may NEVER look under a spoiler tag again!

*stumbles towards thread exit with hands clawing at eyes*

*doubts he'll make it out now that he's blind*
      OMG! I've blinded him. *iz sorry* But we do heart our man here. You must be ready for that at times. And you thought we were just a bunch of sweet little girls. *snorts*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Bwahahaha! That's so cute and naughty! Bad, bad Lizzie!
      Bad Lizzie? I was wondering where John's hand is.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hmm...
        Spoiler:
        given that Ducky gets stabbed in the episode, maybe Jordan's brought in to assist on the ME duties while Ducky's recovering? Which would certainly mean more scenes. Ohhh yeah.
        That's kinda what I'm hoping! Or perhaps because Trent Cort is involved, it goes back to the La Grenouille stuff? Jordan was the ME on that case, too. In any case, it has LOTS of interesting possibilities and potential Torri time! XD

Spoiler:
        And we could get a COOL (as opposed to terminally lame) SG-1 crossover, with Jack O'Neill giving John a heads-up about Elizabeth. 'Cause Jack would so do something like that to yank the IOA's chain. And he still owes John and Elizabeth big time for them leading the charge to save Atlantis (and thus, Jack's *ss) in The Return.

Spoiler:
        John Sheppard must die. Yeah, then I could take this show and shove it.

*shudders* I hope they don't try to smoosh the two shows into one movie. Brief cameo appearances are fine, as long as there's a legitimate story reason for them, but OMG, please no show smooshes. *headdesk*

Spoiler:
        I'm still pissed off that Jack didn't get to say goodbye to Thor. That was so wrong and it sucked harder than a black hole.

*snerks*
        Spoiler:
        But if JoeF's recent interview (and certain previous statements he's made...you know which ones I'm talking about) is anything to go by, it's Joe (and us Sparky shippers) who'd have the last laugh on that one. *evil grin*
        Which is why ALL in production would be happy--
        Spoiler:
        cuz some people would be happy to kill him off and I don't think he'd mind dying. XD

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        *sneaks in*

Merry Christmas
        and Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

*sneaks out*
        Merry Christmas and thanks!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Yeah, but not with the pointy toed shoes.

I was thinking that same thing but I've got to have Christmas with the family and they already think I'm nutty enough. I'll be around after Thursday though.

Meanwhile here's a

From Vegas to you Sparkies. No real spoilers but get ready to squee!
        Spoiler:
        *SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Okay, not traditionally a squeer but that's too good.

Wait, male-type persons! Please come back! Yikes, I better do another picture recap soon, to prove we're not all about the John THUNK!

But we do like it yes we do...

CAN I JUST EDIT TO SAY THAT I LOVE COMING IN AFTER 12 HOURS AND HAVING TO GO THROUGH 4 PAGES OF POSTS ON A WORKDAY? THIS IS AWESOME!!!
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          That's kinda what I'm hoping! Or perhaps because Trent Cort is involved, it goes back to the La Grenouille stuff? Jordan was the ME on that case, too. In any case, it has LOTS of interesting possibilities and potential Torri time! XD

Which is why ALL in production would be happy--
          Spoiler:
          cuz some people would be happy to kill him off and I don't think he'd mind dying. XD

Merry Christmas and thanks!

*SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Okay, not traditionally a squeer but that's too good.

Wait, male-type persons! Please come back! Yikes, I better do another picture recap soon, to prove we're not all about the John THUNK!

But we do like it yes we do...

CAN I JUST EDIT TO SAY THAT I LOVE COMING IN AFTER 12 HOURS AND HAVING TO GO THROUGH 4 PAGES OF POSTS ON A WORKDAY? THIS IS AWESOME!!!
          It has been awesome lately. Not bad for a ship that hasn't been on screen for over a season in its original form.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*runs in all mopey into thread*

Guys, i had a massively crappy day and I need huggles.
            (((hugs Anuna)))

Just want to wish everyone a
            Merry Christmas
            and leave two Christmas wallpapers for you

Comment

It has been awesome lately. Not bad for a ship that hasn't been on screen for over a season in its original form.

It really is! I hope we can keep it going for a little while.

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
              (((hugs Anuna)))

Just want to wish everyone a
              Merry Christmas
              and leave two Christmas wallpapers for you

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9185/wassailjegr2.th.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7036/mistletoejevb0.th.jpg
              Lovely wallpapers--I especially love the yellow one with the picture of them in the ornament!

Comment

Have a Great Holiday everyone!!!

sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
                  Possibly
                  Spoiler:
                  because John isn't wearing pants?

Don't look behind this tag, ncc, it will only scar you more...
                  *giggle* Look at that priceless expression on John's face.
                  Spoiler:
                  He's definately not wearing any pants.

Comment

I may not come by anymore but I still think of you so:

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, but not with the pointy toed shoes.

I was thinking that same thing but I've got to have Christmas with the family and they already think I'm nutty enough. I'll be around after Thursday though.

Meanwhile here's a http://bestsmileys.com/christmas1/9.gif

From Vegas to you Sparkies. No real spoilers but get ready to squee!
                      Spoiler:
                      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/sga519_vegas-jc04.jpg
                      Hello *waves tentatively*

I've been a long-time lurker of this thread and this pic has finally brought me out...oh my...
                      As a huge Shep thunker, I couldn't stay silent.

Although I've followed both over the seasons, I was more a Sheyla fan than a Sparky fan. This past season has seriously disappointed me on the Sheyla front and I've begun reading more and more Sparky fanfic to get my fix.
                      I love to read fanfic of both pairings and I've found many great recs for Sparky stories in this thread and I just wanted to say Thank You. *patiently waiting for irony_rocks to update The Patriot Act*....well, OK, not so patiently.

I've seen a few familiar faces here, from time to time. I'm glad to see you posting again, marimba. I remember you from the old Sam & Jack thread that I lurked on way back in the day.

Anyway, back to lurking. Just had to come out and say Hi and Merry Christmas to all of you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post

I've been a long-time lurker of this thread and this pic has finally brought me out...oh my...

Although I've followed both over the seasons, I was more a Sheyla fan than a Sparky fan. This past season has seriously disappointed me on the Sheyla front and I've begun reading more and more Sparky fanfic to get my fix.
                        I love to read fanfic of both pairings and I've found many great recs for Sparky stories in this thread and I just wanted to say Thank You. *patiently waiting for irony_rocks to update The Patriot Act*....well, OK, not so patiently.

I've seen a few familiar faces here, from time to time. I'm glad to see you posting again, marimba. I remember you from the old Sam & Jack thread that I lurked on way back in the day.

Anyway, back to lurking. Just had to come out and say Hi and Merry Christmas to all of you.
                        Hi cc_mac and you are most welcome! I am sorry for the disappointment for your ship--I've been down that road with other shows/fandoms and it's unpleasant--but I'm glad you can find some enjoyment in sharing our ship with us.

I hope you will 'de-lurk' some more and share some of what you like. I'll leave others to make fic recommendations--they're better at it than I am--but please come back and visit and share.

Comment

I hope everyone's enjoying their Christmas Eve and Holidays. I'm leaving work shortly, so I'll sign off now.

Merry Christmas!! and Happy Holidays!

*waves*

Comment

Hey there and welcome! We like when lurkers decide to de lurk and give our ship a chance. Also, disregarding my own ship preferences for a moment, I have to say that PTB have treated both J/E and J/T unfairly; while Elizabeth got kicked out in a very unfair way, J/T people have been teased with PTB hints and promises, and heard xyz times J/T was intended ship, but for one reason or another, it was (IMO of course) never written as a real romance interest should have been.

Hi cc_mac and you are most welcome! I am sorry for the disappointment for your ship--I've been down that road with other shows/fandoms and it's unpleasant--but I'm glad you can find some enjoyment in sharing our ship with us.

I hope you will 'de-lurk' some more and share some of what you like. I'll leave others to make fic recommendations--they're better at it than I am--but please come back and visit and share.
                            The best fic reccer around here is our lovely scary_kitty. You can be certain whatever she recs is read - worthy and entertaining.

And while we're at reccing, go check out Sparky Santa. We have seven fics over there (and they vary in genre, rating and overall mood) at this very moment, and one more is about to be posted.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome.
                              Yeah, I was a huge S&J shipper and we know where that went.

I will try to de-lurk more and look forward to more fic recs. Thanks.

Hey there and welcome! We like when lurkers decide to de lurk and give our ship a chance. Also, disregarding my own ship preferences for a moment, I have to say that PTB have treated both J/E and J/T unfairly; while Elizabeth got kicked out in a very unfair way, J/T people have been teased with PTB hints and promises, and heard xyz times J/T was intended ship, but for one reason or another, it was (IMO of course) never written as a real romance interest should have been.

The best fic reccer around here is our lovely scary_kitty. You can be certain whatever she recs is read - worthy and entertaining.

And while we're at reccing, go check out Sparky Santa. We have seven fics over there (and they vary in genre, rating and overall mood) at this very moment, and one more is about to be posted.
                              Again, thanks for the welcome.
                              I've seen the "Sparky" from, hmmmm, The Storm/Eye two-parter. I kinda support both ships, weird I know.

And I'm very tired of being jerked around on the JT ship front. I was a Sam & Jack shipper years ago....shoulda learned my lesson then. Just eternally optimistic, I guess.

Oh, and thanks for the link! I somehow missed that here.

I will try and post more often. Such thought-provoking discussions here, I'm afraid I'm a little out of my league, but I can enjoy them and post a firm "I agree".
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the welcome.
                                Yeah, I was a huge S&J shipper and we know where that went.

I will try to de-lurk more and look forward to more fic recs. Thanks.

Again, thanks for the welcome.
                                I've seen the "Sparky" from, hmmmm, The Storm/Eye two-parter. I kinda support both ships, weird I know.

And I'm very tired of being jerked around on the JT ship front. I was a Sam & Jack shipper years ago....shoulda learned my lesson then. Just eternally optimistic, I guess.

Oh, and thanks for the link! I somehow missed that here.

I will try and post more often. Such thought-provoking discussions here, I'm afraid I'm a little out of my league, but I can enjoy them and post a firm "I agree".
                                We appreciate the "I agree" posts, don't worry! And everyone who is open to honest and kind discussion, or simply likes to squee over sparky & SGA is welcome here, regardless of their ship preference. The only thing we don't like and accept is fellow poster bashing, or actor/character bashing.

I know quite a few multi shippers and I accept that. I may seem as a fierce sparky defender, but I'm nice and tame as a kitten as long as people are respectful and don't wave "my opinion is the only valid opinion" flag. So, I think we're okay with multi shipping here, and you'll find that most of us, if not all, love Teyla too (and wish she was given a better development and treatment in the show). Feel free to post!
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X