Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Not to be flip about your personal pain, but if that's true, we should all relate because we've felt a lot of agony watching this show for the last 2 seasons. LOL

Time for football!!!!!
    Hm. I guess that was too much pain for me.

Have fun with football!
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Not to be flip about your personal pain, but if that's true, we should all relate because we've felt a lot of agony watching this show for the last 2 seasons
      I feel the agony and I'm hardly even watching it these days. ;_; Why is yet another Carson episode about Keller? He's not even in the trailer, sheesh.

I'm going to work on my Sparky Advent Calendar pieces this afternoon. I know what I'm going to do for them, which is great.

Comment

I can't wait to see your art, Reiko! You usually give us awesome stuff!

Comment

Hee, thanks!

In regards to Sparky, I'm hoping GW will open up fan-questions for their interviews as it's been requested that they use fan questions instead of the normal interviewer ones. Cos I want to ask writers about Sparky and see what they ay. LOL.

And as a side note, I'm a thorn in Martin Gero's side, evidently. This makes me surpremely happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            Hee, thanks!

In regards to Sparky, I'm hoping GW will open up fan-questions for their interviews as it's been requested that they use fan questions instead of the normal interviewer ones. Cos I want to ask writers about Sparky and see what they ay. LOL.

And as a side note, I'm a thorn in Martin Gero's side, evidently. This makes me surpremely happy.
            How are you thorn at his side? Tell me (in PM if not here). I really want to know.

Comment

I can spill here.

It starts out about Keller but I think it epeaks words to all of us that ain't happy. And then MG proceeds to cntradict himself.

GW: I don't understand where this resentment is coming from.
              MG: I do. It's pretty clear, man.
              GW: You think it's Beckett?
              MG: Oh yeah. Yeah, absolutely.
              GW: You think that's all it?
              MG: I think it's a lot it.
              Not again! But lemme just say, that this self-delusion is hysterical.

And then he goes on to say that "the negative votes tend to be more vocal towards whatever issue it is than the positive votes". Well, buddy, look at all this negativity around here. And it's not just coming from a few people, and some of the people aren't complaing because they don't watch anymore. And then he trips over himself when agreeing with the interviewer about 'people are vocal with what they want changed and are more hushed with what they are fine with". WHich brings back the fact that there was never this much complaining before S3. And balh blah, he talks about how he's trying but he can't, and ... whatever.

Also? He pretty much straight-out implies that he's using McKay to explore his fantasies. This is what I like about Sparky -- it wasn't a fantasy, and it fit very organic with the show. You can't fake that, period.

Comment

I can spill here.

It starts out about Keller but I think it epeaks words to all of us that ain't happy. And then MG proceeds to cntradict himself.

Not again! But lemme just say, that this self-delusion is hysterical.

And then he goes on to say that "the negative votes tend to be more vocal towards whatever issue it is than the positive votes". Well, buddy, look at all this negativity around here. And it's not just coming from a few people, and some of the people aren't complaing because they don't watch anymore. And then he trips over himself when agreeing with the interviewer about 'people are vocal with what they want changed and are more hushed with what they are fine with". WHich brings back the fact that there was never this much complaining before S3. And balh blah, he talks about how he's trying but he can't, and ... whatever.

Also? He pretty much straight-out implies that he's using McKay to explore his fantasies. This is what I like about Sparky -- it wasn't a fantasy, and it fit very organic with the show. You can't fake that, period.
                You don't have to ask him a question. I know what he would say. Sparky was never intended and we were free to imagine what we wanted to. They couldn't be a couple because she's his boss blahblahblah. Oh and didn't we see all the hints at Sheyla, why there were 3 of them in Sunday alone. Oh and haven't you noticed how they have "explored their relationship" in S5? What? MG said it at ComicCon so it must be so.

Sorry Martin, *puts hand to ear* I can't hear you because what you show me on screen is so much louder than what you tell me in interviews that I was supposed to see. Oh and we can applaud now because Brainstorm was his last chance ever to finish ruining SGA and all the characters in it. Except McKeller of course.

If you want to know what people really think, check out the comments on the Gero interview, main page.

It's half time and my team is ahead. Go Hokies!
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Sparky was never intended and we were free to imagine what we wanted to. They couldn't be a couple because she's his boss blahblahblah. Oh and didn't we see all the hints at Sheyla, why there were 3 of them in Sunday alone. Oh and haven't you noticed how they have "explored their relationship" in S5? What? MG said it at ComicCon so it must be so.
                  I wasn't talking about Gero, though. We already know how he stands on such issues, but what is shown on screen contradicts that. (Siege III, TS/TE, etc) I was talking about other writers like Binder and maybe even Mallozzi because he never answers me on his blog even when I'm one of the first posters.

There are no Sheyla hints in Sunday. Okay, there might have been one, but that was left up to interpretation. But I've never seen the episode. What were the other two?

Don't watch football, but go team go.

Comment

I wasn't talking about Gero, though. We already know how he stands on such issues, but what is shown on screen contradicts that. (Siege III, TS/TE, etc) I was talking about other writers like Binder and maybe even Mallozzi because he never answers me on his blog even when I'm one of the first posters.

There are no Sheyla hints in Sunday. Okay, there might have been one, but that was left up to interpretation. But I've never seen the episode. What were the other two?

And even that one, the way it comes on screen, looks like John wanting to ask Ronon if he has a high fever or something like that.

But if you ask MG, who is the uber expert in writing ships, and no, there's no self insertation going on with McKeller ship, no freaking way, then those hints in Pukeday, excuse me, Sunday, were: Teyla hinting she had a crush on someone, Ronon asking John if he had a thing for someone and John checking up on her in infirmary (and helping her get up). Gosh, what a romance! What are we, in kindergarten???

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Gosh, what a romance! What are we, in kindergarten???
                      Judging by the fact that one PTB in question made a movie titled "Young People F--king" maybe we are.

Those 'hints'? Pfft. So much for subtlety if it's so ambiguous and hardly there.

1. Teyla at the beginning of the episode can mean anything.
                      2. Ronon asking John about someone by itself is completely irrelevant to any ship.
                      3. John is a gentlemen, yes.

Evidence in previous episodes speaks to the contrary.

Was the any Sparky in Sunday? I just watched the C/T stuff and the ending. Or did they for once manage to water it down completely.

Comment

Judging by the fact that one PTB in question made a movie titled "Young People F--king" maybe we are.

Those 'hints'? Pfft. So much for subtlety if it's so ambiguous and hardly there.

1. Teyla at the beginning of the episode can mean anything.
                        2. Ronon asking John about someone by itself is completely irrelevant to any ship.
                        3. John is a gentlemen, yes.

Evidence in previous episodes speaks to the contrary.

Was the any Sparky in Sunday? I just watched the C/T stuff and the ending. Or did they for once manage to water it down completely.
                        Finally, someone had said it like it is! Yes, thank you, John IS a gentleman, despite people trying to convince us otherwise.

If you ask me that whole ep is out of whack. The Italian guy (I call him that, because he has that annoying aura of actors who can be seen in Italian soaps) hitting on Elizabeth and being written like John's bad copy?

I think there's lot of underlying understanding between John and Elizabeth in that ep, although they share a little screentime. No, you just can't write those two out. Suck it up, Marty G.

Comment

*points to Anuna's post for supposed Sheyla hints* That's the whole point. They have to tell us about the hints because time after time most of us miss them completely. LOL

And my Hokies are
                          Spoiler:
                          ACC champions!!!!
                          Orange Bowl here we come!!

And even that one, the way it comes on screen, looks like John wanting to ask Ronon if he has a high fever or something like that.

But if you ask MG, who is the uber expert in writing ships, and no, there's no self insertation going on with McKeller ship, no freaking way, then those hints in Pukeday, excuse me, Sunday, were: Teyla hinting she had a crush on someone, Ronon asking John if he had a thing for someone and John checking up on her in infirmary (and helping her get up). Gosh, what a romance! What are we, in kindergarten???
                          They treat us like we're in kindergarten, that's for sure.

Finally, someone had said it like it is! Yes, thank you, John IS a gentleman, despite people trying to convince us otherwise.

If you ask me that whole ep is out of whack. The Italian guy (I call him that, because he has that annoying aura of actors who can be seen in Italian soaps) hitting on Elizabeth and being written like John's bad copy?

I think there's lot of underlying understanding between John and Elizabeth in that ep, although they share a little screentime. No, you just can't write those two out. Suck it up, Marty G.
                          I've blocked most of Pukeday out of my mind. And the fact that John and that Mike guy were almost identical was such a loud shout out to Sparky that nobody could hear the Sheyla whispers. LOL

Also, I guess we know now that Kanaan was her crush.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*points to Anuna's post for supposed Sheyla hints* That's the whole point. They have to tell us about the hints because time after time most of us miss them completely. LOL

And my Hokies are
                            Spoiler:
                            ACC champions!!!!
                            Orange Bowl here we come!!

They treat us like we're in kindergarten, that's for sure.

I've blocked most of Pukeday out of my mind. And the fact that John and that Mike guy were almost identical was such a loud shout out to Sparky that nobody could hear the Sheyla whispers. LOL

Also, I guess we know now that Kanaan was her crush.

Congrats to your team! YAY!

Now, doesn't rectconning just rock? All hazy details get explained eventually. Lol. Also lot of things apparently happen off screen, so we can assume that at some point John and Elizabeth were married, because he behaved like a widower ever since the Lifeline. He's still doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              *dies laughing* OMG! That's GOOD!
                              LMFAO!! Ditto! That is amazing!

Comment

Yeah to what you said about Shep in Infection
                                Spoiler:
                                He seems to be getting harder drags mind out of gutter. JF really nails his ruthless side. And Keller was a real show stopper and not in a good way.
                                *snickers at bolded part*

Spoiler:
                                Okay, getting back to serious stuff. You're totally right; he is harder. Colder. When your reason to love has been taken away, it's so very hard to feel anything else but the cold.

And speaking of cold, Keller is leaving me stone cold. The only thing I feel about her at this point is that she's a speed bump to be run over. *headdesk*

Of course we could.
                                Spoiler:
                                He's still torturing himself about losing people. He seemed just sick to death of having to make life and death decisions. Todd was mostly involved and I saw it as John feeling that he had honored his obligation to Todd by letting him go in the first place. Then with Todd's seeming betrayal earlier in S5, John is back to wanting to kill him but Todd keeps throwing what he did to save him in his face. Their scenes together were just so powerful. I loved John's resolute stance. He can be so ruthless it just makes me tingle down to my socks. Yet he let him go again and Woolsey risked his job to go along with it. Everything Woolsey said or did last night could have been done by Elizabeth. And we could say John was remembering just that.
                                But that may just be me.
                                It's not just you.

You understand John better than anyone I know.
                                I'm with SR. Anuna, you've totally got John's number.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X