Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    John/JF doesn't have a gut (the guy is rail thin; trust me, I've seen the man in person from 5 feet away). So yeah, he definitely needs a belt to keep his pants from falling off his butt.
    Yep, I've seen him too and he's definitely very thin. A lot thinner in person than on screen.

*snickers* Brutally honest, that. It all comes back to chemistry between the actors. You could have the best-written script in history (and let's face it, SGA's writers have never been that good), but if the actors don't have chemistry with each other, it'll fall flat on its face.
    I once read an interview with a TV producer (for a show I can sadly no longer remember) that said that the actors can be great friends and still not come across on screen. What gives them that chemistry on screen is a spirit of "one-upmanship" as he called it. Actors that are very competitive with each other have great chemistry on screen. Take that how you will, his words, not mine.
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Yes, I am... I know the comic store in Antwerp. Have been there once or twice so far. Must ask my friend in Antwerp where I could find the IMS. If I can get there in any of the upcoming weekends (to celebrate my b'day with those that can't attend my party next weekend) I may just have to ask them.

So, a Belgian in one universe and a lemming in another btw... Heightmeyer's Lemming to be exact.

On a sidenote - Did you go to FACTS in Gent last october?
      There's one IMS on the Meir, just follow the Jesusstraat to the Meir and you can't miss it. That IMS is much bigger than the other one, so if you go there, the chance to find what you need is much bigger
      Where in Belgium are you from btw?
      Being Heightmeyer's lemming must be fun... just being a lemming must be fun

Yeah, I did go to Facts... I always go to Facts... I'm in the board of the BVC (www.bvc.be). We're the Belgian Star Trek fanclub and we always have a booth there and I'm one of the people that usually keeps attendance at that booth. This year the SG Costume Division was across from us and that was fun actually... They had an awesome replicator!
      *goes looking for the picture*
      Yay, found it:

And because Paul McGillion is playing in the new Star Trek movie, I had the chance to do a mini-interview with him... I say mini, cause he wasn't allowed to say a lot about it yet :-/
      But that was really cool... and of course Baal (Cliff Simon) was also there... that man is hot... but that's a different thread
      Another awesome convention is Fedcon (www.fedcon.de), it's huge, yet very cosy and they always have one or two SG actors, this year it was Michael Shanks and next year it's Christopher Judge and Robert Picardo. We've been going with a small group for the entire weekend for some years now and it's always loads of fun. And I can really recommend it to sci-fi tv fans... just look at the sheer amount of actors that always come there...

Anyway, enough rambling and back on topic:

John & Elizabeth FOREVER!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Being Heightmeyer's lemming must be fun... just being a lemming must be fun
        Kate takes good care of me, and when I'm lucky I spy on John and Elizabeth in the closet. They think they're alone but if only they knew.

Our gate is much cooler... and bigger.

John & Elizabeth FOREVER!!
        Kate & Teyla forever!! ... Oh wait, still wrong thread... Who cares!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          We never get tired of talking about this particular subject. Feel free to continue. And we all just fell in love with Joe all over again after he said that.

Read it. Loved it. Wish it was canon.
          Well, like I said, I'm sure it's about Elizabeth... there is no one else who fits that description so perfectly... And yeah, I fell in love with Joe all over again too after reading that It would be nice though if someone could ask him about it... he doesn't have any cons planned that anyone is going to by any chance?

And thank you for the nice comment about the fic I wish something along those lines had been canon too, but that's why we write fic, isn't it

Sig by me

Comment

Kate takes good care of me, and when I'm lucky I spy on John and Elizabeth in the closet. They think they're alone but if only they knew.
            You're one lucky little lemming, being able to spy on John & Liz... bet you have some awesome stories to tell

Our gate is much cooler... and bigger.
            Yeah, and ya'll look so enthusiastic about it:

The gate really is awesome... no doubt about it... I wish we had the resources and people to make something Star Trek to boast with at Facts, but we don't, so we just glare euh... I mean drool... yeah drool... no glaring at all... at the really cool stuff you guys build

To keep on topic, I repeat: John & Liz FOREVER *kiss*

Sig by me

Comment

You're one lucky little lemming, being able to spy on John & Liz... bet you have some awesome stories to tell
              All those smut-fics that Anuna writes...Let's just say they are pretty accurate. Not that I would watch cause ... err ... I have better things to do, like chewing cables in McKay's office and running around like crazy while on a sugar-rush.

Comment

Good morning! Happy boxing day if you celebrate that. And a big
                Happy Birthday, Marimba!

You have really been a welcome addition to our little family.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                Sorry run by post, be back in couple of hours to catch up on everyone's post here.

*********** 4 hours until 2:00 PM EST viewing of Rising *************

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIMBA!!!
                Originally posted by Scary Kitty

And... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARIMBA!!!!

*passes out chocolate cake*
                Thanks guys for the birthday wishes and a really warm welcome here! Sorry I missed the first two days viewing parties...Been a bit busier here than I expected! But I'll be catching up tonight.

Comment

Hey Anuna *waves*
                  Nice to see some Command Dynamics buddies here
                  And as a bit of shameless self-promotion, I just released a new story... lemme know your thoughts: What about Elizabeth?
                  Oh, I love this! Thank you so much for sharing! Sequel?

Comment

All those smut-fics that Anuna writes...Let's just say they are pretty accurate.
                    *snickers* Yep, those two are pretty naughty, methinks...

Comment

All those smut-fics that Anuna writes...Let's just say they are pretty accurate. Not that I would watch cause ... err ... I have better things to do, like chewing cables in McKay's office and running around like crazy while on a sugar-rush.
                      ROFL!! That does explain a lot
                      I bet McKay isn't that happy about you chewing his cables... you know what they say about working with kids and animals... you being the animal and he the kid

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
                        Oh, I love this! Thank you so much for sharing! Sequel?
                        Thank you! And as I said before... The muse has kinda walked off on me for a sequel for this story, but I'm trying to lure her back...

Sig by me

Comment

Hey everybody! I hope you guys had a great time on the holidays.

It´s always great to see some new shippers on this thread I want to add my welcome to KrisRussel and I hope you´ll like it here.

Comment

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
                            I want to add my welcome to KrisRussel and I hope you´ll like it here.
                            Thank you very much Emerald. I'm already loving it here!

Sig by me

Comment

It is from the latest Stargate Magazine and the exact quote is:

Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.

That's all there is, no follow up question. It's somewhat open for interpretation. Some people even think he's talking about Carter. LOL But I think if that were true, he'd have called her his "commanding officer" not his boss. And he seems to be describing exactly what happened over the first 3 seasons, so we took it as a confirmation from Joe. Considering his quirky sense of humor and how he likes to tease, I think he meant Elizabeth.
                              No follow up, at least on the record. I don't understand that. Even if she were not mentioned by name, you'd think the reporter might have asked if he meant someone that had already been on the show. Or even asked if he thought Shep had the hots for any of the ladies on the show.

Oh, this is definitely about Elizabeth if you ask me... no question about it... no other way to interpret it even... IMHO of course
                              And no way he's talking about Sam... everyone in Atlantis knew she wasn't available... didn't they
                              It's actually awesome that he thought that it's a shame he didn't get to do that... and of course it really is a shame he didn't get to do that
                              But the way he talks about it being 'just under the surface, hidden and frustrating' perfectly describes what Shep and Liz had in those first three seasons. And when he says: 'You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside.' This perfectly describes the short conversation between Shep and Liz in 'Siege 2' when he needs to put his life on the line to safe the day. And like he said, it really does make some of the best television as this was one of the best and most intense scenes of the first season.
                              Anyway, I'm starting to ramble on again... and this has probably been talked about extensively already, so I'll shut up now
                              Well certainly not Sam. No way. In Atlantis, she's written as gender neutral (except for those two times they referenced her boobs).

Ummm how can I say this unspecifically? You know, that thing that we're not allowed to talk about (as in snip snip), if Elizabeth were still there, the resolution would have been so ironic, coz the two demoted actors characters would have been the ones saving the day. You'll understand in a few weeks
                              sigpic

Comment

I bet McKay isn't that happy about you chewing his cables... you know what they say about working with kids and animals... you being the animal and he the kid

Comment

Working...
                                X