No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even know what to say anymore. I know there are still some who have been watching the show and enjoying at least a few episodes here and there, but everything I hear these days just makes me *headdesk*. For me this show is honestly like an exboyfriend who I used to love but nowadays can't even enjoy remembering the good times we once had because everytime I think about it I just go "OMG WHAT A GIANT D*****BAG HE TURNED INTO." And I guess that about sums it up.

But <3 Sparky forever. Here is a pic to apologize for my grumping.
    Spoiler:

He will always defend her honor. WE KNOW IT'S TRUE even if it's never onscreen again.

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      That would have been nice
      Spoiler:
      but really I have no idea what they would have cut to make it happen. Even the Mckay/Keller moment happened at the very end, with all of them in the balcony. Ooo they should have cut out Ronon/Amelia thing, that was useless, but I guess they wanted to show us that Ronon was moving on. On the brightside John was truly alone, he was the last one to join them in the balcony. Also when he was going to die all he said was tell Atlantis goodbye. I was all John what kind of goodbye is that. LOL. Honestly if Elizabeth was still there he would have said something else.
      He was already trying to say more in the third episode of the show...

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by mcat View Post
        I don't even know what to say anymore. I know there are still some who have been watching the show and enjoying at least a few episodes here and there, but everything I hear these days just makes me *headdesk*. For me this show is honestly like an exboyfriend who I used to love but nowadays can't even enjoy remembering the good times we once had because everytime I think about it I just go "OMG WHAT A GIANT D*****BAG HE TURNED INTO." And I guess that about sums it up.
        The show's already lost for me, so as per cancellation "settling in" as some posters have called it I don't care because the cancellation means nothing to me. It's more about that the end of Atlantis was at s3. I'm so much happier personally if I cut things off there -- if I just decide that it ends there and let the rest fade away, I'm generally happy.

But I won't stop fighting to give this character a real ending. That has to be the biggest unclosed plot ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          I like Woolsey from what I've seen (despite some rushed character development), and I like leader Lizzie too. But what I LOVE LOVE LOVE to much more is offworld!Lizzie. Elizabeth needs to join Shep's team in a Daniel-esque role and be a linguist/Ancient expert on the team. And Carson can be the medic. *las*

I had plotline reasoning for that too. Certain Earth-people are greedy for Atlantis' technology and so our special six keep it from falling into the wrong hands. *g*
          That? Would kick so much *ss. Because really, if I had to choose, I'd actually prefer to take offworld!Lizzie rather than leader!Lizzie. Give her a chance to go out and really help the team, enjoy learning about all those Pegasus cultures first hand instead of reading about them in dry reports. And, of course, there's such lovely potential for fun campouts with John.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

But <3 Sparky forever. Here is a pic to apologize for my grumping.
            Spoiler:

He will always defend her honor. WE KNOW IT'S TRUE even if it's never onscreen again.
            OMFG, that's so bad, it's good!

*sighs* I love that picture. I love that scene. Classic Atlantis FOREVER!!!!

The show's already lost for me, so as per cancellation "settling in" as some posters have called it I don't care because the cancellation means nothing to me. It's more about that the end of Atlantis was at s3. I'm so much happier personally if I cut things off there -- if I just decide that it ends there and let the rest fade away, I'm generally happy.

But I won't stop fighting to give this character a real ending. That has to be the biggest unclosed plot ever.
            Yeah, the past two years have basically been one very long, drawn out funeral for a body that has shriveled up in the meantime.

I'm not going to stop fighting for Elizabeth either. And let's not forget that wonderful interview with JoeF. Sounds like he's not going to let Sheppard stop fighting for Elizabeth, either. Damn, I love that man.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely with you as for when this show REALLY ended. And I would LOVE to get Elizabeth a real ending, the kind that she as a character and Torri and we the fans really deserve. I guess I'm just so skeptical about the chances at this point that it's an "I'll believe it when I see it" sort of thing.

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                That would actually be very cool.
                Spoiler:
                I've always thought that Lizzie, with her experience in diplomacy (and mad skillz that Daniel was seriously impressed with) was wasted in what was essentially a desk job. Someone with her background is much more suited to work as a member of an off-world team, just as Woosley, with his skillset in bureaucracy and legalese, actually seems like a better fit for the desk job.
                Exactly.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                That would have been nice
                Spoiler:
                but really I have no idea what they would have cut to make it happen. Even the Mckay/Keller moment happened at the very end, with all of them in the balcony. Ooo they should have cut out Ronon/Amelia thing, that was useless, but I guess they wanted to show us that Ronon was moving on. On the brightside John was truly alone, he was the last one to join them in the balcony. Also when he was going to die all he said was tell Atlantis goodbye. I was all John what kind of goodbye is that. LOL. Honestly if Elizabeth was still there he would have said something else.
                So, isn't it interesting that
                Spoiler:
                Ronon is moving on, but John isn't.

He really said goodbye to the city? Why do I find that so funny? LOL
                sigpic
                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

The killing off of Weir and the downgrading of Carson to not so often seen character delivered a fatal blow to my fandom the cancellation date being set all but killed it. now I find my self viewing the first three seasons with nostalgia ( Yes, nostalgia). I still watch Atlantis out of habit. (I simply have nothing else to do on Friday night.)

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely with you as for when this show REALLY ended. And I would LOVE to get Elizabeth a real ending, the kind that she as a character and Torri and we the fans really deserve. I guess I'm just so skeptical about the chances at this point that it's an "I'll believe it when I see it" sort of thing.
                    *nods* Definitely. I'm a skeptical person by nature, and the way that the Weir/Torri fiasco has been handled has really brought out my doomsayer side. Argh.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                      So, isn't it interesting that
                      Spoiler:
                      Ronon is moving on, but John isn't.

He really said goodbye to the city? Why do I find that so funny? LOL
                      Spoiler:
                      Hah! It's irrefutable proof of my OT3: Sheppard/Weir/Atlantis! Of course! AHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        That? Would kick so much *ss. Because really, if I had to choose, I'd actually prefer to take offworld!Lizzie rather than leader!Lizzie. Give her a chance to go out and really help the team, enjoy learning about all those Pegasus cultures first hand instead of reading about them in dry reports. And, of course, there's such lovely potential for fun campouts with John.
                        And at this point, everybody has a role.

John - leader duh. Firepower. Lizzie's lover.
                        Teyla - special connections with Pegasus peoples. Wraith-vision. Firepower.
                        Ronon - erm, just firepower. Supplying a healthy dose of testosterone.
                        Lizzie - Pegasus cultures, linguist, Ancient expert. John's lover
                        Carson - medic, my lover
                        Rodney - geek/computer stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                          The killing off of Weir and the downgrading of Carson to not so often seen character delivered a fatal blow to my fandom the cancellation date being set all but killed it. now I find my self viewing the first three seasons with nostalgia ( Yes, nostalgia). I still watch Atlantis out of habit. (I simply have nothing else to do on Friday night.)
                          That pretty much sums it up for me, too. In Season 4, I still felt a glimmer of hope that we would actually be proven wrong, that there really was a cool plan for Weir that would rock the show. But Season 5 doesn't even have that. I watch now... actually, I don't really watch. I turn the TV on and do other things; the show is background noise, and I only pay attention to see what JoeF is doing with Sheppard. That's how utterly bored I am with the show now.

As for watching the first three seasons... Oh yeah. Classic Atlantis will always have a special place in my heart. And it's always great for post-a-thons!

Comment

Carson - medic, my lover
                            I mean, I'm not really sure why they even need anyone else (stupid Earth) at that point. They can just be a rogue band of Pegasus explorers/crimefighters. Come on, who wouldn't watch that show.

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Carson - medic, my lover
                              Hell yes! Hey, is it just me, or is anyone else looking at this lineup and saying, 'OMG, they're so a D&D adventuring party!' LOL!

Probably should add 'pilot' and 'ATA gene mad skillz' to John.

Comment

I mean, I'm not really sure why they even need anyone else (stupid Earth) at that point. They can just be a rogue band of Pegasus explorers/crimefighters. Come on, who wouldn't watch that show.
                                Damn straight! Team Atlantis tells Earth to pound sand, they steal the city and go in search of adventure! Now THAT is what Stargate Universe should've been!

Comment

Working...
                                X