Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Is that directed at Sparkies or were you just venting in general?

I haven't read the whole multi-ship thread, I just go on and vote every morning.
    I was venting in general. It just so happens that both these attempts were made by Sparky voters (Or at least I think they were).

I'm sure any addition/subtraction errors were simply a mistake. And, there are always folks who monitor those voting threads pretty closely so it looks like things were caught and fixed rather quickly.
    Because there is a little idiot called Pajus that has this stupid brain that is good at maths

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      I was venting in general. It just so happens that both these attempts were made by Sparky voters (Or at least I think they were).

Because there is a little idiot called Pajus that has this stupid brain that is good at maths
      Attempts implies intentional. I sure hope it wasn't that. I don't think any Sparkies I've seen playing in this thread would intentionally do that. A lot of the voting games require you to give points to one while taking away from another. Maybe they got confused?

And, you're not an idiot. You just like things to be accurate.
      sigpic
      Signature by Erin87

Comment

And, you're not an idiot. You just like things to be accurate.
        And this is how I know that you've never read my fanfictions

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Well, all I can say is poor Teyla. Last year Sam served to fill Elizabeth's spot, this year it's Teyla? Isn't it ironic? Elizabeth is someone they can't get rid of, no matter how hard they try.
          Yes I am with you on this one. She was a big part of Atlantis for three yerars of course they cannot get rid of her.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Actually I see Woolsey more as Elizabeth than Teyla. Yeah his personality is different, but he's not in many scenes, a lot of them are with John and even the dialogue could sometimes fit. Teyla is being written even worse than usual because her motherhood doesn't seem to matter anymore. No wonder her fans are upset.
          I have to disagree with you on this one. Woolsey may have negatiating skills but he is no Elizabeth and the dialog with John in some moments fit, but still it is very different. As for Teyla I think that they are going a good direction with Teyla and not focusing much on the fact she is a mother. Just because they are not focusing on the motherhood, it just giving her a new dimension to her character (this in my opinion).
          All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

So...last night I was extremely frustrated and upset because of some RL things that had happened, and I needed a break. I popped in "Intruder" from S2 and enjoyed it very much, but it got me thinking--what was it about Sparky I liked so much?

It was a question I thought I'd raise here--we all know we like 'the bond', the way they flirt, etc. But what was it about the pair that really made you a fan? What episode, and what interaction?

Here goes for me:

I think I actually fell in love with them over "The Eye". When I started watching Atlantis I really liked Elizabeth; but I'd been 'burned' in ship wars before and was having none of it for any other shows I liked. I generally prefer to ship 'characters' and then whatever happens to them, so long as they're written well, I'll enjoy. It's worked so far.

I loved Elizabeth for many different reasons, but one of the things I like in shows as a personal plus is showing how other people care about my favorite character. Which is why "the Eye" won me over. Because I was not expecting the story to have Kolya fake Weir's murder--and I wasn't expecting to see John react the way he did. I'm a fairly smart girl and won't grasp at straws, but that anger and desperation was far too intense to pretend that he was only angry over his boss getting killed. And then his reaction to finding out she was alive over the com, and the final scene where he saves her--all of it demonstrated how much she'd come to mean to him in the short time they'd been together.

From that point on, I became a John fan, too, and naturally, a Sparky fan. I'm sad that SG is so terrible with regards to ships and that they did what they did to Elizabeth, but I am glad I got to enjoy the Sparky banter for 3 seasons worth of episodes.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              It was a question I thought I'd raise here--we all know we like 'the bond', the way they flirt, etc. But what was it about the pair that really made you a fan? What episode, and what interaction?

hiya! i'm new on here, and ive not read all the posts yet but i thought this is one i can at least attempt to answer

i'm not sure exactly which episode i realised it in but ive always wanted them to end up together, from the beginning it was weir that wanted sheppard on the team, even tho he was military it wasnt like he's been picked by them. (loved when he turned to wave to her on his first off-world mission from atlantis)
              i liked how much they talked to each other and only ever occasionally fighting about who was 'in charge' they appreciated and respected each other.i LOVED weirs character and was really upset when she left, although i still really love the show, i think things really changed from that point. i think it was because they both cared about each other, they both understood the 'burden of command' and it was something they could share, the way she worried about him and visa versa.
              if i had to pick an episode probably 'the eye' when john shoots kolya and he asks if shes ok, and she says no and he says you will be - gets me everytime i watch it
              sigpic

Comment

Hey pip! *waves*
                Just here to post some new arts I did.

Feel free to snurch them.
                sigpic

Comment

Be aware - probably OT ... some...

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
                  As for Teyla I think that they are going a good direction with Teyla...
                  And what direction might that be? The opposite wall of the gate area? *disgruntled Teyla-fan speaking*

...and not focusing much on the fact she is a mother.
                  And yet, they did exactly that in season 4. Torren is in the flesh, and poof - he and Kanaan are forgotten (as is the norm).

Just because they are not focusing on the motherhood, it just giving her a new dimension to her character (this in my opinion).
                  Yes, a new dimension ... she doesn't have that many to begin with. But I'd like it to be explored somehow. I like Teyla explored, and preferably not with any Wraith in the neighborhood - at least they can be around, but I want it to be about her. Unfortunately I'll have to write that myself now, cause that will never happen on screen.

Sparky is. (in answer to Eri) I just find TH & JF to have great chemistry and they play well off each other. I love to watch them. Sparky is canon as far as I'm concerned, and I ship John with Kate, so that does say something... doesn't it?
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Well, all I can say is poor Teyla. Last year Sam served to fill Elizabeth's spot, this year it's Teyla? Isn't it ironic? Elizabeth is someone they can't get rid of, no matter how hard they try.
                    I guess I must be the only one thinking; John is trying be Elizabeth (take her place), I guess for him out of necessity, when he's not out in the field.

What with him kinda wearing non-regulation Uniform I don’t think I’ve seen him wear the official one at all this season rather then the black opps one he has now? Now and again people referring to him more instead of Woolsey.
                    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                      Hey pip! *waves*
                      Just here to post some new arts I did.

Feel free to snurch them.
                      Snurching. OMG they're gorgeous! *picks up jaw from the floor*
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Thank you very much.
                        I'm always proud seeing people using my sigs.
                        sigpic

Comment

I love this one! Can you be talked into making more sparky wallpapers? Something hug - themed? Pleeeeease?
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I can try. And I'd love to do a hug - themed walli, cause that's my favorite Sparky moment of all times.
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay folks, I have started a new story. Chapter One is finished.

But I've mixed in first person point of view with real time. Need someones view on it? See if it's gonna work?.

Please PM me.

Yes it's sparky related.
                              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                                I guess I must be the only one thinking; John is trying be Elizabeth (take her place), I guess for him out of necessity, when he's not out in the field.

What with him kinda wearing non-regulation Uniform I don’t think I’ve seen him wear the official one at all this season rather then the black opps one he has now? Now and again people referring to him more instead of Woolsey.
                                It's possible that he may be unconsciously doing that. Remember in one of the S4 episodes
                                Spoiler:
                                when Carter said he was thinking like Elizabeth, or something along those lines?
                                He may be doing what he thinks she would do as leader.

And on the uniform, that's JF's choice according to JM's blog. The man likes to be comfy. lol
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X