No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SR, I need a beta. It's a short fic. Wanna take?
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      And this is how I know that you've never read my fanfictions
      LOL - well, it's true, I haven't ready of your fics yet. Im kind of single-minded when it comes to SGA fics - I like my Sparky.

But, I'm sure your fics are lovely, obey all the laws of physics, etc.
      sigpic
      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        It's possible that he may be unconsciously doing that. Remember in one of the S4 episodes
        Spoiler:
        when Carter said he was thinking like Elizabeth, or something along those lines?
        He may be doing what he thinks she would do as leader.
        was that Joe's choice or did TPTB actually put that in? *runs*

Okay, a little teaser which might inspire someone to take a look.

Spoiler:
        It was nighttime in the city of Atlantis, a relentless snowstorm continued to rage on around them. The ferocity of it kept us awake and alert as waves battered hard against the cities shield and lightning erupted every few minutes overhead.

I watched on from the gateroom balcony, comforted by the protection the city provided. Looking over my shoulder, I saw the gate through the stained glass window before turning my to see the time on my watch.

I was starting to worry about John, his team had returned ahead of him, he told them he would be right behind for he wanted to pick up something at the small market they passed in the village.

He was now two hours overdue and no sign of him.
        BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          It's possible that he may be unconsciously doing that. Remember in one of the S4 episodes
          Spoiler:
          when Carter said he was thinking like Elizabeth, or something along those lines?
          He may be doing what he thinks she would do as leader.

And on the uniform, that's JF's choice according to JM's blog. The man likes to be comfy. lol
          I think that was their substandard attempt at referring to the past. That ep was atrocious. It made me want to spork Carter, when she was previously one of my fave characters, and remains so now (after a brief fall from grace).
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            I think that was their substandard attempt at referring to the past. That ep was atrocious. It made me want to spork Carter, when she was previously one of my fave characters, and remains so now (after a brief fall from grace).
            You know, Croatian television started showing ST Deep Space Nine again. I'm so going to watch every single episode although I watched them all already. I mean, I'm going to watch this beauty religiously, because that science fiction show has it all - storyline - several amazing storylines in fact, characters, of whom nobody is wallpapered, action, cool baddies, space fights, techno babble, humor, angst - they have it all. If something happened in the past it wasn't forgotten. if someone died and certain character suffered a personal loss, it stayed with him or her and it was referenced through the series at according times. There were relationships, parents, children, enemies, betrayal, politics. *bows to the Star trek writers*

How I wish SGA was more like that! There definitely was a potential!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              You know, Croatian television started showing ST Deep Space Nine again. I'm so going to watch every single episode although I watched them all already. I mean, I'm going to watch this beauty religiously, because that science fiction show has it all - storyline - several amazing storylines in fact, characters, of whom nobody is wallpapered, action, cool baddies, space fights, techno babble, humor, angst - they have it all. If something happened in the past it wasn't forgotten. if someone died and certain character suffered a personal loss, it stayed with him or her and it was referenced through the series at according times. There were relationships, parents, children, enemies, betrayal, politics. *bows to the Star trek writers*

How I wish SGA was more like that! There definitely was a potential!
              I'm just getting into BSG now. What a show! I'm not up to date (not by a long shot) but I'm loving it so far. Now I have officially moved on from the drivel that is current SGA
              sigpic

Comment

I'm just getting into BSG now. What a show! I'm not up to date (not by a long shot) but I'm loving it so far. Now I have officially moved on from the drivel that is current SGA
                I saw the first season of BSG and liked it (not as much as DS9, but still, BSG is very good). God, when I think of the potential the SGA had. Instead it turned into something shallow and superficial.

Anyway, people. SGA is almost over. How would you like to see it end - nevermind the cannon? If you could make your dream come true scenario for SGA, what would it be?

Comment

Anuna I tried.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                    Anuna I tried.

Wow! Love! You have no idea how much I love that scene.

Can I bug some more and ask you to use warm colors like on the sig I'm using? If it's not too much work and of course if you have time and feel like doing it.

Comment

Again...I'll try.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                        Again...I'll try.
                        You're too kind!

Comment

BSG is one of those that I would love to get into as soon as it's run regularly on syndication and I can catch Season 1. I've heard it's phenomenal. DSN was also the only Trek I watched and I really enjoyed it. I've not been much of a Trekkie, though--I generally watch Sci-Fi not too far removed from Earth.

I saw the first season of BSG and liked it (not as much as DS9, but still, BSG is very good). God, when I think of the potential the SGA had. Instead it turned into something shallow and superficial.

Anyway, people. SGA is almost over. How would you like to see it end - nevermind the cannon? If you could make your dream come true scenario for SGA, what would it be?
                          I can't say 'never mind the canon' because I want it to end my way in canon. My dream resolution in fanon is easily realized because it's my fanon world.

So, for my dream resolution in canon:

Spoiler:
                          I'd go one of two ways:

1) The final movie is about wrapping up Michael and Elizabeth. Atlantis finds out that a final, devastating Siege is being planned for the city--one that might destroy it. The entire thing is a revenge move for Michael who simply wants to kill everyone on Atlantis. It's revealed that he knows way too much about the internal workings of the city.

It's realized by Rodney that the only person who might have that intimate a knowledge of Atlantis's systems is Elizabeth Weir, who inhabited the computer when she was disembodied. Upon checking the space gate, the Atlantis people are horrified to find that Elizabeth's 'FRAN' body is missing.

Michael communicates with them and reveals he does, indeed, have Elizabeth captive. What's worse, he's perfected his organic engineering, and has placed her in a completely organic body--she's human again and looking like her old self. Being this way, she is being tortured for the information she knows.

The group determines the only way to stop Michael is to blow up his approaching fleet. Many cool CGI affected battles ensue. John and his group land on Michael's hive ship for sabotage. Many sabotage-style moments with Rodney snarking and Ronon shooting occur.

They find Elizabeth. John gets woobie. They encounter Michael. Teyla kills him.

There is one final problem--the explosion that will detonate the fleet and stop the final attack has to be done from the Bridge. Only Elizabeth knows the way. She volunteers to go and orders John and company to leave. John does--but halfway out of the ship he has a big "NOT THIS TIME" scene, where he determines he's left her behind too many times and won't do it again. He orders Rodney to fly the jumper to safety if he doesn't return in 5 minutes. There is a slight McShep moment. Teyla gives him a headbump.

He makes his way to the Bridge, where he finds a forlorn Elizabeth waiting for the explosion. He makes his way to her and tells her he won't leave her again. He wraps her in a hug as the explosions begin around the bridge; the jumper flies away and the ship explodes.

And just when you're about to cry...

John asks Rodney what took him so long--from the bridge of the Daedalus, who beamed Elizabeth and John up right before the ship blew. They return to Atlantis. Everybody is happy.

Oh, yeah, and the dreamalicious moment--the final scene is on the balcony, with John asking the completely human Elizabeth what she's going to do now. She says that she'd like to stay on Atlantis, not necessarily as leader, but as a team member. He tells her he finally finished War & Peace. She chides him about it. Some cheesy parallelism device leads to him revealing he never wants to lose her again. She looks at him, steps over to him, kisses him.

FADE. TO. BLACK.

*ummmmmm...can you tell I've been thinking about this for a while?*

My second scenario would simply have Elizabeth ascending in some manner while a replicator, and popping back up as Torri for John at the end. That way it could be in any movie.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Eri, that needs to be written. You have so many good ideas - lately my inspiration has been running low, and I hope you guys don't mind me asking you to bounce some ideas. My writing muse is hiding somewhere.

Comment

SR, I need a beta. It's a short fic. Wanna take?
                              Sure, shoot it to me.

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                              was that Joe's choice or did TPTB actually put that in? *runs*

Okay, a little teaser which might inspire someone to take a look.

Spoiler:
                              It was nighttime in the city of Atlantis, a relentless snowstorm continued to rage on around them. The ferocity of it kept us awake and alert as waves battered hard against the cities shield and lightning erupted every few minutes overhead.

I watched on from the gateroom balcony, comforted by the protection the city provided. Looking over my shoulder, I saw the gate through the stained glass window before turning my to see the time on my watch.

I was starting to worry about John, his team had returned ahead of him, he told them he would be right behind for he wanted to pick up something at the small market they passed in the village.

He was now two hours overdue and no sign of him.
                              Ha, I doubt TPTW even remembered she existed at that point. I'd say it was Joe. That's my opinion and I refuse to be swayed. lalala
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Eri, that needs to be written. You have so many good ideas - lately my inspiration has been running low, and I hope you guys don't mind me asking you to bounce some ideas. My writing muse is hiding somewhere.
                                I second that.

Everyone has.
                                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Working...
                                X