Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
    What's the monthly Sparky date for? Is it like Ship Day?
    The 18th of some month a few years ago was the day The Real World was on TV for the first time, and Anuna says it's the episode where Sparky turned canon (or something) and that it would be a good day to turn into Sparky day (like the 12th of every month is Dan/Jan day, because 2010 was on TV on a 12th).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ok cool that sounds like fun! I shall collect some mints!
      ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Well maybe they weren't? I mean, at the end when the kiss is mentioned, Liz acts really embarassed but John doesn't seem too bothered...

(((((Torri)))))

Do you want some Sparky mints?
        aww - thanks lili *hugs back*

mints? *yeah**yeah**yeah**yeah**yeah**yeah**yeah**yeah**yeah**yeah**yeah*

Comment

I think it will be fun, just like the theme of the day. I think that TRW solidified the canon status of Sparky because... of all people it was John and only John (from the whole expedition) to enter her dream/coma and save her from it.

Now about those themes, here are my suggestions:

Monday - the canon day - we remeber, post pictures of and mention all those moments that are sparky - significant and make it canon.

Tuesday - the eye!sex and gutter and closets day - post pics, remeber the favorite eye!sex moments and make smutty captions. Reccing good sparky smut stories is also welcome, but I suggest that we rec and read three a day. Dig out for some oldies - goldies.

Wednesday - the angst/drama day - let's remember all those high tension moments and episodes that we love.

Thursday - the fluff day - after angst we'll all need some fluff - videos, episodes, moments, pictures&captions, fanfiction.

Friday - the pretties day - c'mon they are hot. Let's make Friday all about two of them being pretty, hot and enjoyable to look at.

Saturday -

Sunday -

I need some suggestions. Anyone?
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            We're just glad to hear you're okay! That couldn't have been fun with all those storms!
            Thanks. I know a lot of us are dealing with crappy weather. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm dang tired of it!

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
            Ooo, I don't remember reading this. Thank you.

Lizzie would still beat certain members of team Shep, even though she's been gone for a while. Cause Lizzie is awesome like that.
            You're welcome.

Lizzie is awesome, but now she faces an uphill battle. I'm not sure she can get past both the Shep lovers and Weir haters...

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            Oh and if anyone has not read "The first ten years" by Little Red ... I highly recommend this.
            *jumps on the band wagon for this fic* It's great!

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
            Just dropped in to say that I started listening to "A Necessary Evil" - the audio book of Sharon Gosling's that Torri read. So far - amazing stuff. I'm enjoying it and Torri is doing a FANTASTIC job!

I'm only 2 chapters into it and I already miss Elizabeth and Torri. I have a feeling this book is really going to highlight what an amazing character Elizabeth is and what a phenomenal actress Torri is.
            I need to order this! *makes note*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            I love the idea of a fic challenge, but I agree with Torri012, I'm not terribly inspired by the actual 'kiss' because they're both inhabited by another consciousness. Any other ideas?
            Well maybe they weren't? I mean, at the end when the kiss is mentioned, Liz acts really embarassed but John doesn't seem too bothered...
            I was thinking the same as LiliJ. Perhaps the kiss wasn't them technically, but it could have put some things into motion. Plus, John went into it thinking they were married so the kiss probably wasn't unexpected. Hmmm. Need to think about this some more.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Anuna needs lunch. And a punching bag.
            I have a suggestion...
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Anuna feels better and is about to go writing.

Comment

Geez. I need to rant. or vent. Just got home from work. Some people should never have kids. *headdesk*

Oh, First ten years is a great fic. I remember I simply couldn't stop reading it once I started.

Okay should 18 - th be the monthly Sparky date? I'm all for that.

Coming soon - my suggestions for day themes. Stay tuned. Anuna needs lunch. And a punching bag.
                Hey wow if the 18th is the Sparky Day, that is the date of my Anniversary. Well, July 18th to be exact. I personally vote for the 18th! It is a very romantic day --for me anyway!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                  Hey wow if the 18th is the Sparky Day, that is the date of my Anniversary. Well, July 18th to be exact. I personally vote for the 18th! It is a very romantic day --for me anyway!
                  Really????? Then we absolutely have to make it a Sparky day!!!!!

Comment

Really????? Then we absolutely have to make it a Sparky day!!!!!
                    Woo Hoo!
                    sigpic

Comment

Which means we'll be celebrating the very first sparky day in eight days! You better start preparing sparkies!!!

Comment

Wow I just went to the grocery store and so much to catch up on. Love it. And by the way, my frozen pizza cooked itself in my trunk on the way home. Handy. OK, that's only a slight exaggeration.

Yep that's why I thought 'twould be interesting what they thought at the time. Ah well.
                        I think they were both cringing and horribly embarrassed. Elizabeth more than John. Though it's not clear WTH they thought was going to happen when John agreed. The writing in that ep was a little strange on a lot of levels.

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                        i honestly think they didnt think much. basiclly just screaming around to 'not do what they're about to do'

*cryz*

i need a sparky!hug
                        (((hug))) There.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                        18th sounds good to me.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

On TLG - I think the writers/producers simply wanted an ep with lot of action. It didn't give us lot of character development, and while I don't consider that kiss very romantic, I still think it looks pretty and well, it's handy when one makes videos. I like how she grabs him and he falls into the kiss.

Am i allowed to start the theme of the day? It's gutter, closets and eye!sex!!!

Spoiler:

J: I can tell, you're not wearing anything underneath that shirt....

Comment

John: Oh my that was...um...interesting.
                            Liz: I hope nobody goes into that closet anytime soon. *blushes*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

@ SR - that pic you just posted reminded me of forgotten ice cream fluffy smut idea....

Tell me people, who has a thing for bug!John fics?

Comment

Am i allowed to start the theme of the day? It's gutter, closets and eye!sex!!!

Spoiler:

J: I can tell, you're not wearing anything underneath that shirt....
                                Crazy Razzie shipper rant: Just to clarify: You actually call that gutter?

Spoiler:
                                E: I'm just watching the latest video of Teyla and Radek. I think we should invite them. They look very good.

J: Okay. Who's next?

E: Rodney and Katie. *watches video* Well, I think Katie qualifies, but Rodney definitely has room for improvement. What do you think?

J: Second that. Katie has an invitation, but Rodney has to take more lessons from her.

E: Okay, moving on... Kate Heightmeyer and major Lorne. *watches video* WOW... he really IS a MAJOR. Definitely superior to you

J: HEY!!!! But they've got some nice moves too. I'd invite the both of them

E: Invitation sent. *watching more videos*

Comment

Working...
                                X