Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    Had a bit of a play while trying to cool off from the work today.

Spoiler:
    The balcony was shimmering in the afternoon sun. Elizabeth could see waves of heat flowing up from the floor and even caught glimpses of mirage puddles on the distant floor. She was glad she had worn her light blue tank top and some shorts. She couldn’t imagine working in this heat in her daily work outfit. Wiping a hand across her forehead to sweep the strands of sweat flattened curls out of her eyes; she straightened up from where she had been kneeling to clean her favorite lounge chair. It was the semi annual city cleanup day. She always volunteered to wash down her balcony and all the furniture on it. After all she spent the most time out here. It almost seemed as if it was her private space. Only a few others would join her without expressly being invited. A small smile appeared as she thought of one person in particular who liked to spend time out here with her.

Shaking her head from her thoughts and standing up from her labors, she looked around for her drink. There it was, on the floor by the table she had scrubbed earlier. Reaching down to pick it up, she was dismayed to find that it was empty. She must have finished it off without realizing it. It was hard to keep hydrated in this heat. The last cleanup day had been in cool, fall like weather and the one before that hadn’t been this hot. In fact she couldn’t remember a day as hot as this in a long time.

Looking around, Elizabeth thought to herself, “Well at least this is almost done. I have the floor left and some trimming and repotting of plants.” Tipping her cup up to her mouth, she tried to get one last drop out of her tea. No luck. She would have to go get something to cool her off. She could already feel a headache starting between her eyes.

A soft voice from behind her said, “You should be more careful about keeping enough to drink on hand when you are working in heat like this.”

Spinning around she found a smiling John Sheppard standing there with two cups dripping with moisture. He was in his black tee shirt and jeans, looking smug. Tilting her head to the side and raising her eyebrow, she commented, “My don’t you look cool and composed on such a hot day!”

“I finished up cleaning the gyms early and took a cool shower,” he replied with a smirk. “I got started before the heat set in because I don’t like to get sweaty from work.”

Stepping towards Elizabeth, he held out the cups for her to choose one. Glancing inside she saw that the cups weren’t just cool drinks. They were snowballs. One was red and the other was blue. “I didn’t know if you were a Wild Cherry girl or a Blue Raspberry Ice one.”

Taking the red one, she smiled up at him. “You do know that red is my favorite color.” Wrinkling her nose, she continued, “Besides, I don’t like to end up with blue lips.” Closing her eyes, she held the cup up to her forehead to cool it off, then moved it down to her cheeks. John watched her every move.

Opening her eyes, she caught him staring at her. Green eyes met Hazel eyes and held for a moment. Breaking the silence she asked, “How are we supposed to eat these? I don’t see a spoon.”

From out of his back pocket appeared two wrapped plastic spoons, one of which he handed to Elizabeth. With a smile, she motioned him to the newly cleaned lounge chairs. She chose her favorite one and settled down with her treat. Opening her spoon and dipping it into the cup she brought the sweet, coolness to her mouth. A burst of cherry flavor filled her mouth and dripped down her throat. She felt the absolute chill of the snowball travel all the way through her body. It was delicious.

“Thank you for this John,” she smiled at him. “This is just what I needed right now.”

“I thought you might need a bit of cooling off.” He took a bite of his snowball and slowly savored it. “I’m glad I thought of requisitioning some snowball syrups in the last food order.” Dipping in again, he paused with a mischievous grin. “After all, there is lot you can do to relax from a hard day’s work, but you can’t start off by being over-heated.”

Elizabeth paused with her spoon halfway to her mouth. “Well, if you want some help unwinding from a day of cleaning you are going to have to help me finish this floor when we are finished eating.”

With puppy dogs eyes directed at her, John pouted “But then we will get all sweaty again.”

Finishing her bite, she leaned over to whisper in his ear “I guess I will need a shower to cool off and there is always some fun to be had with ice shavings and syrup!”

Taking another huge bite of snowball, John grimaced at the brain freeze he had just suffered, but it would be worth it. Now he was looking forward to getting all hot and sweaty again.
    *bounces* Oh that's just so cute!! Loved it!

You know the lines ..." Green eyes met Hazel eyes and held for a moment. Breaking the silence she asked,... " for some reason I was transported back to the moment when they hugged, and the shy way John glanced at her, and the Elizabeth smiled at him.

*I miss my sparky*
    sig made by me

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments on my little ficlet. It sort of helped me cool off. At least until the end!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Had a bit of a play while trying to cool off from the work today.

Spoiler:
        The balcony was shimmering in the afternoon sun. Elizabeth could see waves of heat flowing up from the floor and even caught glimpses of mirage puddles on the distant floor. She was glad she had worn her light blue tank top and some shorts. She couldn’t imagine working in this heat in her daily work outfit. Wiping a hand across her forehead to sweep the strands of sweat flattened curls out of her eyes; she straightened up from where she had been kneeling to clean her favorite lounge chair. It was the semi annual city cleanup day. She always volunteered to wash down her balcony and all the furniture on it. After all she spent the most time out here. It almost seemed as if it was her private space. Only a few others would join her without expressly being invited. A small smile appeared as she thought of one person in particular who liked to spend time out here with her.

Shaking her head from her thoughts and standing up from her labors, she looked around for her drink. There it was, on the floor by the table she had scrubbed earlier. Reaching down to pick it up, she was dismayed to find that it was empty. She must have finished it off without realizing it. It was hard to keep hydrated in this heat. The last cleanup day had been in cool, fall like weather and the one before that hadn’t been this hot. In fact she couldn’t remember a day as hot as this in a long time.

Looking around, Elizabeth thought to herself, “Well at least this is almost done. I have the floor left and some trimming and repotting of plants.” Tipping her cup up to her mouth, she tried to get one last drop out of her tea. No luck. She would have to go get something to cool her off. She could already feel a headache starting between her eyes.

A soft voice from behind her said, “You should be more careful about keeping enough to drink on hand when you are working in heat like this.”

Spinning around she found a smiling John Sheppard standing there with two cups dripping with moisture. He was in his black tee shirt and jeans, looking smug. Tilting her head to the side and raising her eyebrow, she commented, “My don’t you look cool and composed on such a hot day!”

“I finished up cleaning the gyms early and took a cool shower,” he replied with a smirk. “I got started before the heat set in because I don’t like to get sweaty from work.”

Stepping towards Elizabeth, he held out the cups for her to choose one. Glancing inside she saw that the cups weren’t just cool drinks. They were snowballs. One was red and the other was blue. “I didn’t know if you were a Wild Cherry girl or a Blue Raspberry Ice one.”

Taking the red one, she smiled up at him. “You do know that red is my favorite color.” Wrinkling her nose, she continued, “Besides, I don’t like to end up with blue lips.” Closing her eyes, she held the cup up to her forehead to cool it off, then moved it down to her cheeks. John watched her every move.

Opening her eyes, she caught him staring at her. Green eyes met Hazel eyes and held for a moment. Breaking the silence she asked, “How are we supposed to eat these? I don’t see a spoon.”

From out of his back pocket appeared two wrapped plastic spoons, one of which he handed to Elizabeth. With a smile, she motioned him to the newly cleaned lounge chairs. She chose her favorite one and settled down with her treat. Opening her spoon and dipping it into the cup she brought the sweet, coolness to her mouth. A burst of cherry flavor filled her mouth and dripped down her throat. She felt the absolute chill of the snowball travel all the way through her body. It was delicious.

“Thank you for this John,” she smiled at him. “This is just what I needed right now.”

“I thought you might need a bit of cooling off.” He took a bite of his snowball and slowly savored it. “I’m glad I thought of requisitioning some snowball syrups in the last food order.” Dipping in again, he paused with a mischievous grin. “After all, there is lot you can do to relax from a hard day’s work, but you can’t start off by being over-heated.”

Elizabeth paused with her spoon halfway to her mouth. “Well, if you want some help unwinding from a day of cleaning you are going to have to help me finish this floor when we are finished eating.”

With puppy dogs eyes directed at her, John pouted “But then we will get all sweaty again.”

Finishing her bite, she leaned over to whisper in his ear “I guess I will need a shower to cool off and there is always some fun to be had with ice shavings and syrup!”

Taking another huge bite of snowball, John grimaced at the brain freeze he had just suffered, but it would be worth it. Now he was looking forward to getting all hot and sweaty again.
        Can you stand another comment? I loved this, especially since I was about as hot as she was yesterday. And it reminded me of the shave ice in Hawaii. Yum.

I had another 5 hour power outage last night, but hopefully I'm back for today at least. Then I'll be gone from tonight until late Friday.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post

well, i dont know... atm i'm more in a writing mood
          though my fics are in german
          me and a friend have a new series now: its about john/lizs 4 year old daughter annoying rodney i think you'd like it but i'm too bad to translate it into english

i hope a walli mood hits me soo or a video one.. god, havent done one in ages but i never have time
          Could we translate it together? You know, I did learn German once upon a time.

SR, we're going to miss you here!

People: I'm getting a laptop today! YAY!!!
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Could we translate it together? You know, I did learn German once upon a time.

SR, we're going to miss you here!

People: I'm getting a laptop today! YAY!!!
            Yay for laptops. Now you can write Sparky fics anywhere.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Yay for laptops. Now you can write Sparky fics anywhere.
              Exactly! I'm looking forward to see what that thingy can do. It will be way better than the old computer.

Comment

anuna, that'd be loads of work... it would be nice but i just dont have enough time for it i think

Comment

Exactly! I'm looking forward to see what that thingy can do. It will be way better than the old computer.
                  Is it a PC or a Mac? Now back on topic. Since they use Dell computers on the show, I assume they are all PC. I'll bet John misses his MAC and he and Elizabeth complain to each other all the time. *bats away plot bunny* I don't have time for this.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Is it a PC or a Mac? Now back on topic. Since they use Dell computers on the show, I assume they are all PC. I'll bet John misses his MAC and he and Elizabeth complain to each other all the time. *bats away plot bunny* I don't have time for this.
                    Oh no no no no no, save the plot bunny for later! It's a PC (with Windows Vista already installed *shudders*). I had a friend who works with computers look over the models they had and she said this one is the best for the price I'm able to pay. She also said that Vista would work fine as long as I'm not trying to do anything really demanding.

Comment

soon you'll hate vista
                      at least i dont like it ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post

soon you'll hate vista
                        at least i dont like it ^^
                        I was told that installing XP is a possibility.

I had Win Millenium (is it called like that? LOL) and hated it.

EDIT: this is the laptop I'0m getting: link

Comment

She also said that Vista would work fine as long as I'm not trying to do anything really demanding.
                          Don't listen to anything people say about Vista... See for yourself. I have Vista and I didn't have any problems so far. And I demand trying things from my puter on a daily basis.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was told that installing XP is a possibility.

I had Win Millenium (is it called like that? LOL) and hated it.

EDIT: this is the laptop I'0m getting: link
                            you can install a couple of different win versions and stuff (or win and linux..etc..)onto on pc.. you choose then while starting which you want to use

wow, this laptop looks really really nice!
                            *jealous*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Don't listen to anything people say about Vista... See for yourself. I have Vista and I didn't have any problems so far. And I demand trying things from my puter on a daily basis.
                              I'm about to go and get it, and I expect it to work awesomely!!!

Comment

Oh no no no no no, save the plot bunny for later! It's a PC (with Windows Vista already installed *shudders*). I had a friend who works with computers look over the models they had and she said this one is the best for the price I'm able to pay. She also said that Vista would work fine as long as I'm not trying to do anything really demanding.
                                Oh dear God. Vista. Your friend is right. Don't try anything fancy. Or install a lot of extras. It doesn't like a lot of things for no apparent reason. My husband has it on his PC which he has to use in case he gets a call from work at home. The insane amount of security he has installed on there makes Vista very unhappy. Right now his work connection doesn't work and he can't figure out why. But clever guy that he is, he also installed a work connection on my Mac. Alas it has to be outside the firewall, which means he has to hack into his own system every time he uses it. LOL He put in a nice back door just for that reason. TMI of an OT variety, but I think it's funny.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X