Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    » Holy wow, WTH indeed - where did that come from!? I don't recall seeing that scene ever either. The background kinda looks like its from Progeny when their in RepliLantis in space - but thats a year later, and Carson was not even in that episode. I see an inconsistancy to the other caps - it's widescreen with the black bars. Yet I do not recall it from anywhere.

» Huh? Freaky.
    It's totally sad that I know this but that part was from a small ad right before the episode starts. There's one with John and Elizabeth too.

See this is why my mind goes dfjskdfjskjf when some people say there was no sparky. Well tell that to scifi.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      You are so right.
      Spoiler:
      If it would come to this and John didn't defend her, that would ruin his character. Whether you see them as friends or something more, the last thing he would do is sit on his hands while Elizabeth gets blamed for bad decision making. Especially when he had a hand in a lot of it.
      And frankly, I don't think JoeF would stand for something like that being pulled. He went to bat for getting mention of Sheppard wanting to look for Elizabeth put back into scripts after Lifeline, so I can see him raising a stink if he thinks Shep is being written badly.

The only thing I've wondered is if they could try to limp along with the actors who aren't actually in the guild. It would probably be pretty difficult though.
      It'd be impossible. Unless they do nothing but clip shows for the rest of the season.

So I went looking for a picture for you Reiko and found something else entirely that I'm kind of having a WTH is that moment.

Guys, check out this page and look at the row third from the bottom:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2.../index15.shtml

That's a Carson/Elizabeth scene just before the hug! Why didn't we ever see this?!! Bet they were talking about how glad Elizabeth would be to see her husband military commander.
      Oh, I know what that is! It's one of those promotional bumpers that SciFi was putting in the commercial breaks during S2.
      (ETA: Ah, Ruined_puzzle beat me to it! )

And yeah. So husband.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
        It's totally sad that I know this but that part was from a small ad right before the episode starts. There's one with John and Elizabeth too.

See this is why my mind goes dfjskdfjskjf when some people say there was no sparky. Well tell that to scifi.
        Thanks for clearing this up. Yeah, Skiffy saw the Sparky. Still do.

Now that I've seen those pics though, I smell plot bunny. Can't you totally see Carson going to Elizabeth and telling her everything's okay now and John will be home soon.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        And frankly, I don't think JoeF would stand for something like that being pulled. He went to bat for getting mention of Sheppard wanting to look for Elizabeth put back into scripts after Lifeline, so I can see him raising a stink if he thinks Shep is being written badly.
        I agree with this. That's why I have a little hope for Inquisition. We may see
        Spoiler:
        sad John missing Elizabeth or riled up John defending Elizabeth. With JF there is always hope.

And yeah. So husband.
        Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Ahem. Husband. Only married people act like that.
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

*runs in and hugs everyone in sight* I've finished my last exam! It's over, I'm free!!!! *pushes John and Elizabeth together and runs out to party!*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
          I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
          Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
            *runs in and hugs everyone in sight* I've finished my last exam! It's over, I'm free!!!! *pushes John and Elizabeth together and runs out to party!*
            *sobs* Congratulations... *sobs* no more physics/math advice

Comment

yay! Nogiglingmajor!!! congrats!!

*shows of Torri's new sigs that she made for me* yaayyyy Torri!.. Thanks again hon

Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                yay! Nogiglingmajor!!! congrats!!

*shows of Torri's new sigs that she made for me* yaayyyy Torri!.. Thanks again hon

All of them are beautiful!
                sig made by me

Comment

That is one of my all time fav ad of those two. I love those kinda shots - half spooning.
                  sig made by me

Comment

No sparky my six!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                      No sparky my six!
                      Beautiful sigs. I love the style of these.

New interview with MG on the main page. I left a little comment on the stupid interesting thing he said about the Weir character.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Congtrat.

1# John and Elizabeth make eye contact as they look at each other across the gate-room.
                        2# def. Eye!Sex was the opening scene from Intruder, across the table
                        3# - they stare at each other as John goes through the wormhole (The Rising! - see it was there from the very beginning. Ha!)

4# Inferno, you know scene, the smitten one.

And going back a bit about the trial episode, I wouldn't be surprised if they do blame Elizabeth, after all she isn't there to take the blame

*Runs*
                        BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

im not going to even bother reading that interview... the banners are awesome torri's so talented

EDIT: caption for that last pic anoyione i could think of a few but uhh *cough*

Comment

That is, if
                            Spoiler:
                            a strike by SAG doesn't kill the show first. And in my increasingly vicious anti heart, I pray it does.
                            Spoiler:
                            Oooooo...I CANNOT wish for that. I can't wish ill on all the production people who depend on working, even if I don't watch the show, and it's not anyone else's fault we don't like the way the producers went--plus, it also means EVERYTHING else I watch would be gone too! Supernatural wouldn't return! NCIS! And if Torri is being considered for anything she couldn't work either, if the Canadian guild ends up supporting SAG! *shudders*

You are so right.
                            Spoiler:
                            If it would come to this and John didn't defend her, that would ruin his character. Whether you see them as friends or something more, the last thing he would do is sit on his hands while Elizabeth gets blamed for bad decision making. Especially when he had a hand in a lot of it.

Yep - see Scary Kitty's answer.

The only thing I've wondered is if they could try to limp along with the actors who aren't actually in the guild. It would probably be pretty difficult though.

Me too, I've always done that! To the point where sometimes I'm disappointed by what I finally see on screen. lol

So I went looking for a picture for you Reiko and found something else entirely that I'm kind of having a WTH is that moment.

Guys, check out this page and look at the row third from the bottom:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2.../index15.shtml

That's a Carson/Elizabeth scene just before the hug! Why didn't we ever see this?!! Bet they were talking about how glad Elizabeth would be to see her husband military commander.

Thanks for clearing this up. Yeah, Skiffy saw the Sparky. Still do.

Now that I've seen those pics though, I smell plot bunny. Can't you totally see Carson going to Elizabeth and telling her everything's okay now and John will be home soon.

I agree with this. That's why I have a little hope for Inquisition. We may see
                            Spoiler:
                            sad John missing Elizabeth or riled up John defending Elizabeth. With JF there is always hope.

Skiffy loves Elizabeth. They try and incorporate her when they can--I think they liked the face she put on the show. *sigh* Too bad they didn't have more pull with production.

Spoiler:
                            I'm still not watching "Inquisition", but someone will have to fill us in. I agree that if anyone questions Weir in Sheppard's presence, it'll be fodder for Joe to have fun with--he won't let anyone write Sheppard the opposite of what he said in "Misbegotten". But much depends on who the teleplay author is, I think. The fact that Binder is writing "Ghost in the Machine", for example, may mean better things than we're expecting.

Yay! Congrats!

As for the MG interview--what he says about Weir is textbook. TV Guide is having an interview with JM to publish before the Season premiere--I don't think I'm going to have the heart to look at that.

You guys, thanks to y'all and Falcon Horus Round Robin idea, I'm finally writing again! *sighs* I only got two paragraphs out of myself last night, but the wheels are cranking again. Thank heavens!!! Thanks y'all, maybe soon I'll have some good stuff for you to read!
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

» Yup. Carson knows ... knows everything *g* He and Liz are sooo buddies. He knows Sparky

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                              4# Inferno, you know scene, the smitten one.
                              » Hee - "smitten" is such a Lizzie word.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm still not watching "Inquisition", but someone will have to fill us in.
                              » I will be sure to bring the recap/snark cocktail

As for the MG interview--what he says about Weir is textbook. TV Guide is having an interview with JM to publish before the Season premiere--I don't think I'm going to have the heart to look at that.
                              » Is that the one where they asked for questions? Because I thinked they were overwhelmed by such a negative response it was pretty funny

Comment

...it's because when I look at them I see the fleshed out character they are meant to be. They were fleshed out for me by the talented fan fic writers. I know what these characters are capable of and live in hope that I will see it onscreen.
                                That's the thing... completely second that. If it weren't for fanfic I would probably have given up on Atlantis a long time ago. Though there's also a lot of crap out there in the fandom, which can easily rival TPTB.

Yes, I think if I read less fanfiction, I would really not care about this show.
                                You betcha...

...I can't bring myself to quit writing. (because I do it so much better than PTB. Not that I think I'm perfect. )
                                You rock as a writer.

Fanon is now my canon.
                                Second that.

Carson you could find (for the first teyla picture) In the Gift I think, where he's standinf next to her bed. Or wherewer was that where she's sitting on hospital bed and he is standing. Can't wait for that!
                                That would be The Siege I.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                You guys, thanks to y'all and Falcon Horus Round Robin idea, I'm finally writing again! *sighs* I only got two paragraphs out of myself last night, but the wheels are cranking again. Thank heavens!!! Thanks y'all, maybe soon I'll have some good stuff for you to read!
                                YAY me and my wonderful lemming-powers!

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                » Is that the one where they asked for questions? Because I thinked they were overwhelmed by such a negative response it was pretty funny
                                Nope, the one from TV Guide was intended for Mallozzi. Gero's is just a GW-interview.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X