Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    *takes on Eri's fic challenge*

Okay, I'm totally not buying that we're just working together from him. or her. I mean look at this? My hands are full of damn wires, and I could really use another pair of hands, but what does he do? Goes to make googly eyes at his pretty boss.

Seriously? That guy is so head over heels in love with her. Being a woman makes those things easy to notice, but I would bet that even marines see it by now!

Oh dear sweet Jesus! Did I heard that right? Chocolate and peanut butter? I must bite my tongue not to laugh, because she might be a girl, but she's completely clueless - if he told that to any of those new botanists, they'd have him in bed in next three seconds.

Ouch! I really hate this console. Dear boss, I hope you'll survive this, because no matter how obnoxious you might get, at least you're totally women - blind. At least when you're near your doohickeys. Colonel Sheppard needs a kick in the butt.

OT -Croatia's soccer team is currently leading against German team 2 : 0 at european championship!!!
    *claps* Anuna, that's brilliant, thanks for playing! As a parting gift we give you a very special Croatian flag wave *waves Croatian Flag*

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Congrats on the win, Anuna. German guy will be very sad tomorrow
    Yesh, sad. But go Croatia!
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

GREAT fic Anuna! Loved it muchly! *note to self: finish sparky fic* I did actually plan to today, but then got caught up in making a Ship Day sig that took me 3 hours. Then I took another 3 hours watching LotR. But my exams are nearly over now, so lots of fic time on my hands!

Loving the fluff everyone!
      ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

OT I know but I have to: my team won!!!! Wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

OT I know but I have to: my team won!!!! Wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
          oooh, thats why lots of ppl here in austria ran around with lots of *hrvatska* shirts

does anyone know if we're winning? (austria/poland should be on now)

*not really a footballfan here*

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
            From what I read on my LJ earlier, Austria is loosing...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              Angst drama day WAS hard, I have to admit. I haven't even contemplated rewatching Lifeline in quite a while, and seeing those pictures made me sad--especially thinking back to when some of us had this hope that something good would come of S5. *sniffle*
              And instead, all we got for our vain hopes was further confirmation that TPTB don't know what the hell they're doing and are just running the show into the ground. *shakes head*

Another interesting comparison is what happens when John and Elizabeth reunite in Epiphany. You mention there isn't much humor; comparatively no, there isn't nearly as much humor at all. Yet, when John and Elizabeth are together, we get the humor. Only the character of Elizabeth can poke at him about growing a beard--and mind you, this is taking into consideration he thinks he's been abandoned for six months--and he lets her get away with it. Six months of anguish for poor John; one minute of Elizabeth and BAM! back to status quo.
              Exactly! It's like the moment we get them together again, we see very dramatically how much her presence has become a catalyst for his good humor. Her effect on him is profound indeed.

With the Rodney scenario, we have Elizabeth and John absolutely devoted to finding Rodney--together. I guess they bring each other a great deal of comfort, because John's most anguished when Elizabeth's not around (and vice-versa, though she tends to demonstrate worry for others a lot more effectively than he does.) John does risk his life for his friends--he did so with Rodney in GUP--but he seems to spazz a little more when it's Elizabeth.

Too bad we didn't get many "Elizabeth in peril" episodes, they would have been so much fun for John's characterization.
              No kidding! But the ones we did get... ah, I can feast on those scenes forever!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                From what I read on my LJ earlier, Austria is loosing...
                HAHAHAHAHAHA! *cracks up*
                what a surprise - didnt expect anything else

Comment

Eri's GUP Discussion questions

Serious:

1) How did this episode work for you as a Rodney-focused story?

I liked it. It takes him away from the rest of the team and forces him to depend on himself rather than wait for help to arrive.

2) Did you like how Zelenka was portrayed in it? Elizabeth and John? Sam?

I liked everybody in this one. Like "Epiphany" and "Critical Mass," GUP gives everyone a chance to really strut their stuff.

3) What do you think is Rodney's biggest character flaw?

His overconfidence and pride.

4) Do you feel Grace Under Pressure changed Rodney's character?

No. Just like in other "watch Rodney blow it" episodes, like "Trinity," he goes right back to the status quo once the danger has passed, still thinking he's got all the answers and that any idea he comes up with is the best. (Sounds rather like TPTB... )

5) Martin Gero is one of 'those' writer-producers who seems to include Sparky but then backs away when directly asked about it. Do you think his inclusion of these uber-comfortable, slightly humorous John and Elizabeth moments were intentional or accidental?

Given how much he waffles on the issue, I really don't know what to think about it. But I wish he had taken a clear stand; we might still have Elizabeth on the show now if he had.

6) Was there enough stress on Atlantis? Or were they too laid back about Rodney's disappearance?

I felt the level of stress was about the same as in "Epiphany."

7) If you were not a fan of SG-1, what were your impressions in meeting Sam Carter for the first time? What kind of a character did you think she was? If you WERE an SG-1 fan, how effectively was Sam used here and did she stay in character?

I am an SG-1 fan (though not as much as I am of SGA); Sam isn't quite her normal ascerbic (in dealing with McKay) self here, but given that she's a hallucination of Rodney's, that's understandable and I had no problem accepting the reason for the differences.

8) Did you like the inclusion of the Flagisallus (aka, the Whale) as a beacon? Did it make sense or was it a waste of CGI-budget money?

I thought it was a creative twist to the story, and I liked how the whales got brought back for "Echoes" the following year. Of course, now that Atlantis has left Lantea, next time there's a big solar flare, Sam and the other whales (not to mention everything else on the planet) are screwed.

10) What part of Rodney did the illusion-Sam represent?

A part of him that isn't so confident in his abilities, that needs to have someone whack him upside the head every so often when he comes up with a plan that totally won't work.

11) Was the kiss necessary? If so, why?

No. It was just another eyerolling "Rodney, you idiot" moment.

FUN

2) Please caption this picture (Smut under tags, please.)

: There's no place like the Atlantis mess hall, there's no place like the Atlantis mess hall...

3) Why do you think the Whale found Rodney's jumper interesting enough to hang around?

Oooooh... shiny.

4) What were Ronon and Teyla up to while everyone else is trying to find Rodney? *eyebrows*

They're on the mainland; Teyla's visiting with the other Athosians, and Ronon is getting tips from Halling on how to set up his own moonshine still back on Atlantis.

5) Zelenka seems very laid back in this episode...imagine he's doing it purposefully. What's his ultimate master plan???

Why, to take over the universe, of course!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*takes on Eri's fic challenge*

Okay, I'm totally not buying that we're just working together from him. or her. I mean look at this? My hands are full of damn wires, and I could really use another pair of hands, but what does he do? Goes to make googly eyes at his pretty boss.

Seriously? That guy is so head over heels in love with her. Being a woman makes those things easy to notice, but I would bet that even marines see it by now!

Oh dear sweet Jesus! Did I heard that right? Chocolate and peanut butter? I must bite my tongue not to laugh, because she might be a girl, but she's completely clueless - if he told that to any of those new botanists, they'd have him in bed in next three seconds.

Ouch! I really hate this console. Dear boss, I hope you'll survive this, because no matter how obnoxious you might get, at least you're totally women - blind. At least when you're near your doohickeys. Colonel Sheppard needs a kick in the butt.

OT -Croatia's soccer team is currently leading against German team 2 : 0 at european championship!!!
                    Bwahahaha! I love the bit about the new botanists jumping him over the chocolate and peanut butter line!

You've been so greened!

Comment

I need two more participants in the fic challenge...come on! Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, just have fun!
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I need two more participants in the fic challenge...come on! Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, just have fun!
                        I'd love to, but the muse is just not cooperating right now. *headdesk*

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                          oooh, thats why lots of ppl here in austria ran around with lots of *hrvatska* shirts

*not really a footballfan here*
                          Ooooooo, "Hrvatska" it is! Good spelling! *hugs*

People I've been so busy yesterday - I apologize! But later today I promise to deliver some discussion and observation of my own. Funny thing is - GUP is one of those episodes I liked but never rewatched - I might just do that - if nothing else to see chocolate and peanut butter all over again!

Comment

And oh, Eri? Do you mind if I do more third person observing Sparky fics? *g*

But people please! Write something! Entertain us! *pouts*

Comment

Oh and I nearly forgot!!! Today is the pretties day! I expect to find tons of pretty pictures when I get back home!

Allow me to start:

E: We're hot!

J: You betcha!

Spoiler:

Comment

Ooooooo, "Hrvatska" it is! Good spelling! *hugs*

People I've been so busy yesterday - I apologize! But later today I promise to deliver some discussion and observation of my own. Funny thing is - GUP is one of those episodes I liked but never rewatched - I might just do that - if nothing else to see chocolate and peanut butter all over again!

over here are so many croatian ppl that you just know some things
                                *hugs back*

and *YAAAAAAY* Austria didnt lose completelly
                                1:1

Edit:
                                *lol* just have been down in our works' stock and nearly all of our croatians are drunk because they celebrated so much *rofl*
                                it was so loud outside yesterday because of the celebrations that i couldnt sleep for ages... hope you're not like that, anuna
                                Last edited by Torri012; 12 June 2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X