Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
    I have pretty much all of the audiobooks (I know, sad, but there was a sale!!). I loved "A Necessary Evil". Torri was great and I particularly loved her impressions of Sheppard and McKay. If you haven't listened to it then do it.
    i have only listen to "Gift of the Gods" via Youtube, and i actually bought series 3 (Parts 1 and 2) and i gotta tell you, some of these would've made excellent stargate episodes.

Comment

I'm seeing if this stuff actually works, so this might be a mangled mess:

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Yikes smalltowngirl! That sounds scary, I hope you weren't permanently injured in all that. *hugs you*

I have to agree with SR, I don't think that scene was particularly shippy either as John would've done the same for anyone else. It's along the same lines as him reporting Teyla's nightmares/lack of sleep to Heightmeyer back in The Gift. It's a team leader expressing concern about the health and safety of one of the people under his command
      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Oh yeah. That was lame, but I didn't see it as shippy at all. He would have done the same with anyone else. There was nothing the least bit shippy between them in S5 since she was living with Kanaan and seemed to be happy with him and their son. Even these writers wouldn't have gone so far as showing John and Teyla cheating mentally.

Thanks for the virtual hug, SK, and the concern. But it sounds a lot worse than it actually was – some stitches in my scalp, and a lot of ibuprofen. And I’m really paranoid in parking lots now.

I agree the scene didn’t look shippy, but I think it was supposed to make romantic hearts flutter across the known world. The funny part is the opening scene on Todd’s ship actually was pretty good. It could’ve been a winner, but again, a missed opportunity. I heard a saying the other day, “never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity.” When applied to the tptw, truer words were never spoken.

I guess the point I was trying to make was, when somebody in the audience just had stitches and is loaded up on (admittedly mild) medicine, and can still tell the scene and the entire episode is lame, then it’s really lame.

Comment

Well, by gar (to quote Yosemite Sam). I got it to work. Sweet!

And one procedural question: Does it break etiquette to post something non-related during the Sunday afternoon rewatch? Just asking because I don’t know. I noticed nobody does.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Ohhh yes. TPTW kept talking the talk, kept telling us over and over again that Sam was going to be so great, that Elizabeth was going to have a really interesting arc, all of it. And what did we get? A whole lot of nothing that fizzled out like a bad batch of Fourth of July fireworks.
        I know!!! I remember at the time when I realised what was happening, that Sam was replacing Elizabeth as leader and being upset about it. Then I heard that she was going to be back as a semi-regular with a fantastic and exciting arc and I thought, Okay, something to really stretch her character would be good because she wasn't doing a lot towards the end of Season 3. And then she'll be back properly.

Stupid, stupid, stupid me! I was so naive at the time, just putting my trust into the runners and writers and having no idea of what was going on behind the scenes back then. If only I had known. Well, I probably would have given up the show during the course of Season 4 then, once I realised that Weir was never coming back (though I didn't when it became clear in Season 5 - but then it was a better season than 4 IMO).

Season 4 has just started on Sky here and I saw a bit of Tabula Rasa. Once again, I found myself imagining parts of the ep with Weir in it and immediately, it was just much better. I met TH a couple of months ago at a con here in England and when she heard about my story she said it would be really cool if we could do a Kickstarter of it and she would come back to play Weir. My mind has wandered to that a few times as well as the plot revelations of the actual movie-that-never-was and I feel so disappointed that we will never see her play Weir again. Obviously, if there were a Kickstarter of a story I have read, I think I would rather seem Primum Movens, parts 1 and 2. That would be awesome! But expensive, I suppose, especially that last set-piece...
        A thread popped up the other day inquiring about, well, kickstarting the Atlantis movie via Kickstarter. It seems to me the only way that would work is with a new script by somebody other than the tptb, mostly because their credibility is damaged.

I was watching part of The Queen the other day and there’s a scene where Ronon threatens Todd – Teyla gets hurt and there’s nowhere you can hide, etc. Ronon delivering the lover's threat, not John. That’s okay; I always thought Ronon-Teyla had potential, way more potential than Sheyla. But. It seemed there was a policy of a little something for everyone, but no real satisfaction for anyone. That’s fine, but overpromise and then don’t deliver, and credibility goes out the window. I think most people who read Mr. Mallozi’s description of the Extinction script probably took it with a whole shakerful of salt.

Mr. Mallozi was careful not to say John and Teyla got together, if I recall correctly. They admitted feelings for each other, he said, or words to that effect. Couple that with Mr. Binder’s assertion that John would find Elizabeth in the sixth season, and I’d be willing to bet Elizabeth’s return would’ve shaken up the Sheyla. That would fit with their “something for everyone” way of writing. (Bang head on desk about now.)

Comment

Helloooo, I'm back. Exhausted, but alive. The wedding was lovely and wonderful and just perfect. The weather cooperated to the extent that it was cool for August and didn't rain. Yay! I'm posting a pic of me and Mr. SR. The others I won't do because they might not appreciate their wedding pics being spread across the interwebz. But just know that the bride was beautiful and wore hot pink shoes. Everybody pretty much cried and we didn't run out of wine.

Spoiler:

Oh, and I forgot, the minister was a hoot. At the part where he warned everyone to turn off their cell phones, he added "and set your phasers to stun." Big laugh, especially from the groom's friends.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Helloooo, I'm back. Exhausted, but alive. The wedding was lovely and wonderful and just perfect. The weather cooperated to the extent that it was cool for August and didn't rain. Yay! I'm posting a pic of me and Mr. SR. The others I won't do because they might not appreciate their wedding pics being spread across the interwebz. But just know that the bride was beautiful and wore hot pink shoes. Everybody pretty much cried and we didn't run out of wine.

Oh, and I forgot, the minister was a hoot. At the part where he warned everyone to turn off their cell phones, he added "and set your phasers to stun." Big laugh, especially from the groom's friends.
            Hey you!! I'm so glad everything went so well. What a nice looking couple.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
              And one procedural question: Does it break etiquette to post something non-related during the Sunday afternoon rewatch? Just asking because I don’t know. I noticed nobody does.
              There's no etiquette to be broken, but if you try to post something non-related during the post-a-thon, your post will likely be swallowed up in the chaos and never seen; that's the real reason you never see any non-thon posts during that time. If you can wait until after the thon over to make your post, you're more likely to get some responses.

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
              I think most people who read Mr. Mallozi’s description of the Extinction script probably took it with a whole shakerful of salt.
              Considering he posted it right before April Fools' Day, I think a lot of people still think it was an AFD joke despite claims to the contrary.

Hooray! Glad to know everything went well and a great time was had by all. You and Mr. SR look fabulous!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Back in school today.
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Spoiler:

Hi SR - sounds like you had a great time. your pic of yourself and Mr SR is lovely too. I'm glad it all went well. These things can be pretty nerve wracking. Loving the minister BTW!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    i have only listen to "Gift of the Gods" via Youtube, and i actually bought series 3 (Parts 1 and 2) and i gotta tell you, some of these would've made excellent stargate episodes.
                    I haven't listened to them all yet. Half-way through David Nykl's story (the first one). I have listened to Gift of the gods too. Shell Game which is Claudia Black with a bit of Shanks is a great one too. Paul McGillion doing Perchance to Dream was the first one I got - the husband got it for me for my birthday a couple of years ago. They are pretty good I have to say and it does sort of make you hanker for the good old days, you know.

My big regret (and maybe one day it could be rectified) is that Joe Flanigan has never done one. His voice on my I-Pod - yes please *drools a little*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowngirl

A thread popped up the other day inquiring about, well, kickstarting the Atlantis movie via Kickstarter. It seems to me the only way that would work is with a new script by somebody other than the tptb, mostly because their credibility is damaged.

I was watching part of The Queen the other day and there’s a scene where Ronon threatens Todd – Teyla gets hurt and there’s nowhere you can hide, etc. Ronon delivering the lover's threat, not John. That’s okay; I always thought Ronon-Teyla had potential, way more potential than Sheyla. But. It seemed there was a policy of a little something for everyone, but no real satisfaction for anyone. That’s fine, but overpromise and then don’t deliver, and credibility goes out the window. I think most people who read Mr. Mallozi’s description of the Extinction script probably took it with a whole shakerful of salt.

Mr. Mallozi was careful not to say John and Teyla got together, if I recall correctly. They admitted feelings for each other, he said, or words to that effect. Couple that with Mr. Binder’s assertion that John would find Elizabeth in the sixth season, and I’d be willing to bet Elizabeth’s return would’ve shaken up the Sheyla. That would fit with their “something for everyone” way of writing. (Bang head on desk about now.)
                      Unfortunately, I don't think a Kickstarter would work for a couple of reasons:

1. There is no way crowd funding could get the kind of money together that could make a sci-fi movie like SGA. I am a big Veronica Mars fan and have been keeping track of that and the money required was a relatively small amount compared to that which would be needed for this kind of project

2. I'm not sure there would be enough support for it in the end, certainly not enough to get that kind of money together. Also, us Stargate fans are pretty discerning. If you found out it was M and M making it, would you contribute? I wouldn't.

3. There are so many fans of SGA who seem to want different things, how could a movie be made that would please everyone? If they made the one of Extinction with that possible hoax script that Mallozzi talked about then none of us would have been happy but the Sheylas and Todd/John fans (don't know if they've got a name) would have loved it. Alternatively, if it was a story in which Elizabeth was brought back then the Sparkies and Torri fans would have been happy but some of the others And since it would be crowdfunded you kinda have to make a movie that will please the people who helped make it possible, i.e. the fans. Again with V. Mars, Rob Thomas is the creator/writer/director and we all trust him to make the kind of movie we want.

*Sigh* Unfortunately, at this moment in time it is just a dream. I shall keep writing my story and picturing it in my head as if it were happening on screen and do the same when the next episode of Atlantis:Rising hits the net. *Bites nails in anticipation*
                      Last edited by Annelantis; 19 August 2013, 03:13 PM. Reason: Missed name of origin of quote
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Glad to here everything went well, SR.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

SR - you both looked wonderful! I'm glad it went off the way it should *and* that you had enough wine!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            Back in school today.
                            Yeah, I'm too old to being saying stuff like that *bones creak*
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm too old to being saying stuff like that *bones creak*
                              I don't think that your bones are creaky.
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

There was a great episode tag story on LJ. It's located here. It's a follow up to The Real World. I highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X