Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    When my sister said we could measure the space where we will have our vegetable patch, I replied we could maybe start removing the grass.
    The sun wasn't really there so it would be doable.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!

The sun came out in force and there was no wind to speak of so we worked our butts off in the warm afternoon sun.

But we did get the work done. May have split a few earth worms ... by accident. More food for the birds.

And then I got my credit card blocked ordering a rental car for our holiday, cause I punched in the wrong pincode.
    I hope you were wearing a hat so you didn't get sunburned. What are you going to plant?

Stupid pincodes!! I hope you were able to get it straightened out quickly.

Comment

I must have been channeling 21 year old me when I booked back to back trips. Universal was tame compared to this weekends girls trip. I just popped over to Nashville, but 7 others drove and flew in from all over (Rhode Island is in the house, JT2- and they brought some of your cold weather). I am wiped out but we’ve had a ridiculous amount of fun.

What veggies are you going to plant, FH? Or did I miss it when I caught up. The sun likes to play tricks on me like that from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I hope you were wearing a hat so you didn't get sunburned.
        Ha... I learned my lesson so yes, my head was covered and I was wearing ample sunscreen which meant I looked like a sand-troll 10 minutes in cause I kept getting sand all over me as I tossed the balls of grass over the fence*.

I also hurt my wrist when one of the balls of grass was too heavy and I nearly tipped over backwards trying to flip it over the fence.

* there's a fence at the back of our yard and behind it is nothing but shrubs so we are allowed to toss certain natural items over the fence to get rid of it, like patches of grass or as the neighbor does, his cut grass from the lawn.

What are you going to plant?
        Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
        What veggies are you going to plant, FH?
        Oh, the usual... salad, carrots, spring onions, radishes (for me), maybe tomatoes.

Stupid pincodes!! I hope you were able to get it straightened out quickly.
        Nope... have to go to a local office and get it unblocked tomorrow.
        Can't get a new pin online. Have to go into a physical office for it.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I must have been channeling 21 year old me when I booked back to back trips. Universal was tame compared to this weekends girls trip. I just popped over to Nashville, but 7 others drove and flew in from all over (Rhode Island is in the house, JT2- and they brought some of your cold weather). I am wiped out but we’ve had a ridiculous amount of fun.
          LOL, at least a good time was had by all! Glad you had fun!

When my sister said we could measure the space where we will have our vegetable patch, I replied we could maybe start removing the grass.
          The sun wasn't really there so it would be doable.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!

The sun came out in force and there was no wind to speak of so we worked our butts off in the warm afternoon sun.

But we did get the work done. May have split a few earth worms ... by accident. More food for the birds.

And then I got my credit card blocked ordering a rental car for our holiday, cause I punched in the wrong pincode.
          Yay, salad garden! And at least you wore your hat this time!

Hmm, don't earth worms grow back sections they lost? Or am I mistaking them for another critter?

Gah, darn credit card numbers!! Hope you can get it fixed quick!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Hmm, don't earth worms grow back sections they lost? Or am I mistaking them for another critter?
            Certain lizards can do that, and axylotls too... earth worms just continue living if you hack them in two... or three or four... Like I didn't say that it happened but I can't say that it didn't happen either.

Comment

Just watched the pairs figure skating free skate of the 2022 World Championships. Spoilering for those of you who haven't seen it.
              Spoiler:
              Knierim and Frazer were awesome, and so far from everyone else. But the big story was Ashley Cain-Gribble's fall. She couldn't get up. It looked like she had a concussion. They showed her face and she definitely had that glazed concussion face. I so hope she's okay.

Oh, and FH, your female skater, Loena Hendrickx,
              Spoiler:
              ...is in second place after the short! Congrats!!

Yes, that was definitely a dad joke right there.

I Also Watched The Figure Skating Too!! *High Fives*

Spoiler:
              Agreed!! That Fall Was VERY Bad- and I Have Not Heard Anything about Her Since That Incident...SO, I Was Watching The Woman's Free Figure Skating and The Japanese Figure Skater Who Won Was Skating to Music and I Was Like.. That 2nd Part of The Music Sounds VERY Familiar. and I Was Like :0 is That From The Divergent Soundtrack??? LOL
              Last edited by america126; 28 March 2022, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Oh man... music videos are so long ago... at least, that's how it feels. Maybe I'm just getting old...

*quietly tiptoes out for they are probably amongst the youngest sparkies in here*

Comment

Oh man... music videos are so long ago... at least, that's how it feels. Maybe I'm just getting old...

*quietly tiptoes out for they are probably amongst the youngest sparkies in here*

Music Videos are Awesome!

LOL. Those Icons are Awesome!!!

Spoiler for The 100

Spoiler:
                  Do Not-- I Repeat.. Do NOT Watch The 100. It Has a Even More Tragic Pairing...The Show Pulls a Game of Thrones Ending Twist in The 7th and Final Season with One of The Main Characters Becoming a Villain and His Love Interest Literally Kills Him. That Was SO Traumatizing.

BUT They End Up Together in The Books by Kass Morgan, Which are Completely Different Then The TV Show, That Came Out Between Seasons of The Show.
                  Last edited by america126; 29 March 2022, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Certain lizards can do that, and axylotls too... earth worms just continue living if you hack them in two... or three or four... Like I didn't say that it happened but I can't say that it didn't happen either.
                    Oh dear...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I’d no idea axylotls existed until Minecraft added them. They are the cutest!

Comment

I’d no idea axylotls existed until Minecraft added them. They are the cutest!
                        They are one my favorite animals in existence.

They are absolutely remarkable animals.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Spring is springing update: The local frog colony has started singing. Very loudly.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Spring is springing update: The local frog colony has started singing. Very loudly.

This Sparky Music Video

Spoiler:

LOL. That is Awesome!
                            Last edited by america126; 15 April 2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Ribbit!!

After my disaster of a day yesterday, today started out better... at least until Finn (one of my cats) sneakily made his way onto my desk and licked my rijststaartje. Luckily I had nearly finished the piece.

AND our flight for our holiday got rescheduled to 6 AM which is not going to happen, or we can leave by ways of the Antwerp airport but we return to Brussels and the aircompany is not willing to compensate our transportation which they should under their contract notices. Anywho, likely we cancel that flight and book with another air company instead. However, it won't be covered by our insurance in case of cancellation because we've passed the 30-day limit.

The thumb that got stuck between the fridgedoor and the oven looks a little swollen and red near the nail. I squished it harder than I thought.

So yeah... my day is off to a good start.
                              If it snows tonight and tomorrow -- that'll make up for it!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ribbit!!

After my disaster of a day yesterday, today started out better... at least until Finn (one of my cats) sneakily made his way onto my desk and licked my rijststaartje. Luckily I had nearly finished the piece.

AND our flight for our holiday got rescheduled to 6 AM which is not going to happen, or we can leave by ways of the Antwerp airport but we return to Brussels and the aircompany is not willing to compensate our transportation which they should under their contract notices. Anywho, likely we cancel that flight and book with another air company instead. However, it won't be covered by our insurance in case of cancellation because we've passed the 30-day limit.

The thumb that got stuck between the fridgedoor and the oven looks a little swollen and red near the nail. I squished it harder than I thought.

So yeah... my day is off to a good start.
                                If it snows tonight and tomorrow -- that'll make up for it!
                                Naughty Finn!

And very very naughty airline! That is so not cool!

*sends healing vibes for the thumb*

Hopefully you get snow! Maybe it'll make your thumb feel better!

Comment

Working...
                                X