No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    This is why I stopped paying attention to them and other ptb, because they never make any sense. Just give me my shows and shut up, that's all I need from them.
    Well, some PTB are good and actually listen to the fans. Marvel Studios, I'm saluting you.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    MG has a brain?

MG has a personality?
    *snorts*

Although, to be fair, I can't think of a single TV show where that part actually happens.
    Very true. They'd probably have gotten hit with a stronger content rating if they had.

Loved that line!
    I know, right? He even sounds bored when he says it, like I'm so done with fighting the Wraith, let's get this over with and go home so I can finish my coffee break, blahblahblah. Too funny!

Now I'm picturing it too. *giggles*
    And hoping the vase breaks for good measure.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Well, some PTB are good and actually listen to the fans. Marvel Studios, I'm saluting you.
      Well, I'm not a Marvel fan, so I wouldn't know about that.

Comment

clickable thumbnail
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          And why is it that the boring ones got all the attention?
          That’s a very good question!

Brilliant posts! I think the fact that all these great characters with such amazing development potential coming about by "accident" is ultimately the real legacy, and the real disappointment, of SGA. All these years later, and it's still a source of tremendous frustration for me to watch and know that it could have been so much better.

But then, that's what we have SGA Rising for.
          And I am really grateful for that!!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          On another subject, I just finished Exogenesis and liked it very much. Lots of action with perfect characterizations. No overt ship of any kind, but if you squint you can find just about any ship you can imagine. And
          Spoiler:
          there is a Sparky scene near the end that perfectly fit their relationship on the show.
          Why, oh why, didn't these women get picked to write the S6 tie-in books?
          I guess I will have to get that one as well.

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
          I thought it was brilliant that John Sheppard was a military flyboy but had an intelligence to rival the "smart guys". He was obviously smart with numbers but it was also the way he saw things and argued and came up with plans that were "out of the box" so to speak.It really set him apart from SG-1's military lead, Jack. But as time went on they just dumbed him down, culminating in that "wonderful" moment in season 5 when Rodney and Daniel laugh about how he could have been MENSA. That just really annoyed me.
          John and Jack are totally different. I can’t understand why certain people are able to compare them, I think they are opposites.

And I really hate that part in season 5 when Rodney and Daniel laugh of John and the fact John could have been MENSA.

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
          The Elizabeth was lost in season 4. And instead of being upset about losing his boss and his friend, he was [/I]excited[/I] about getting her job! That was just plain wrong.
          I agree. In some occasions, Rodney did feel guilty. I specially remember the end of This Mortal Coil, but in others he also showed that he didn’t care.

In general there is this notion from mainly SG1 fans of SG1 as the superior show. Which is to be expected, with it being their favorite. Personally I don't agree, at all. And when people try to use the ten years it lasted as proof of its superiority, I check out.
          SGA was and will always be my favourite!!!

TPTB clearly always showed which one was their favourite. Maybe they shouldn’t have created Atlantis then.

I can’t say I am a fan of SG1. I liked it but I don’t consider myself a fan of the show. SGA is definitely my favourite and both shows can’t be compared in my opinion. I am definitely a huge fan, of the first 3 seasons of SGA!!!!

1) That candlelight dinner scene with John and Teyla, while exciting the Sheyla shippers, must have confused the hell out of everyone else.
          It sure looked pretty weird and confusing at the time. And the conversation itself was pretty weird too. And how come John didn’t remember saving her, if he actually did it. And why did Ford showed up out of the blue?

1a) John's blood loss fueled hallucination features Teyla wearing Pebbles Flintstone hair? At least Michael hallucinates her looking attractive and grown up.

2)I hated, hated, hated that they used a Simpsons joke for John. That's Jack's thing. This is ATLANTIS, not SG-1.
          That’s exactly what I think!!! We never heard John talking about the Simpsons, never! On the other hand, we all know Jack is a huge fan of the Simpsons. It was really stupid!!! I still wonder, why did they end SG1, if they loved it so much!!!! You are absolutely right!! This is Atlantis not SG-1, they shouldn’t be compared!!!
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Hiya Pearl. How's it going?
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I could swear I heard somewhere that Michael had Clone!Carson give him the ATA gene.
              I don't remember hearing that but then again, Ford never got the gene on screen but could fly a jumper in Siege Part 3. I guess anything is possible with enough hand waving or a big enough plot hole.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I took a nap. Feel SO much better now. What a long, long day.

Farscape PTB actually encouraged their actors to discuss their characters with them. I don't know which is more common place in the entertainment field (I suspect it's Stargate's "we rule the world so you shut up"). Sad to say.

Very true. They'd probably have gotten hit with a stronger content rating if they had.
                Even birth shows like those on TLC or Discovery Health don't show or even discuss that part. I bet there have been plenty of birthing moms out there who hadn't done any research who were shocked as hell with that. "What do you mean I'm not done? This is the part where the happy music plays and we fade out!"

I know, right? He even sounds bored when he says it, like I'm so done with fighting the Wraith, let's get this over with and go home so I can finish my coffee break, blahblahblah. Too funny!
                And get back into his courting sweater.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post

clickable thumbnail
                That's really awesome! I can't green you so here's some ALTERNATIVE GREEN.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                I agree. In some occasions, Rodney did feel guilty. I specially remember the end of This Mortal Coil, but in others he also showed that he didn’t care.
                Yeah, that's the writers not being smart and just using whatever whim they are feeling at the time. They were thinking more like themselves ... "we're happy Torri is gone and Amanda is here (it's like we didn't have to give up our favorite SG-1)" instead of thinking how the characters would. But then when they feel it can get some good mileage, they make him more like Rodney would really be, IMHO, and that's upset at losing one of his friends and one of the few people he always respected. Of course, this is a place where actor feedback would have helped out. The only reason I think John was more consistently sad was because of Joe's stubbornness (we <3 you, Joe).

It sure looked pretty weird and confusing at the time. And the conversation itself was pretty weird too. And how come John didn’t remember saving her, if he actually did it. And why did Ford showed up out of the blue?
                I will always wonder if Torri had agreed to do GitM, would they have used her for this cameo. But I suppose that's giving them too much credit.

That’s exactly what I think!!! We never heard John talking about the Simpsons, never! On the other hand, we all know Jack is a huge fan of the Simpsons. It was really stupid!!! I still wonder, why did they end SG1, if they loved it so much!!!! You are absolutely right!! This is Atlantis not SG-1, they shouldn’t be compared!!!
                They ended SG-1 because they had to, not because they wanted to. If they could have kept RDA working for them forever, I think they would have kept it going as long as they could. SG-1 was clearly their love.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                I don't remember hearing that but then again, Ford never got the gene on screen but could fly a jumper in Siege Part 3. I guess anything is possible with enough hand waving or a big enough plot hole.
                Well said.

Comment

The explanation TPTW gave later was that Ford dialed the jumper's DHD and the jumper basically flew itself on autopilot. If you remember from Rising, Ford dialed the jumper's DHD to open the space gate back to Atlantis when they were trying to escape the Wraith, so TPTW's explanation for Ford being able to "fly" the jumper in The Siege seems plausible. Sort of.

*hugs you*

Farscape PTB actually encouraged their actors to discuss their characters with them. I don't know which is more common place in the entertainment field (I suspect it's Stargate's "we rule the world so you shut up"). Sad to say.
                  I think you're right about which methodology is the prevalent one. Babylon 5 is another good one where the creator listened to the actors/fans and had a great open door policy. To this day, J. Michael Straczynski is still a big fan favorite.

Even birth shows like those on TLC or Discovery Health don't show or even discuss that part. I bet there have been plenty of birthing moms out there who hadn't done any research who were shocked as hell with that. "What do you mean I'm not done? This is the part where the happy music plays and we fade out!"
                  I don't know whether to laugh or cringe at that.

And get back into his courting sweater.
                  OMG! How could I forget the courting sweater! Hmm, come to think of it, I don't recall him ever wearing it after Season 3. Do you suppose he put it away in mourning for Lizzeh?

Yeah, that's the writers not being smart and just using whatever whim they are feeling at the time. They were thinking more like themselves ... "we're happy Torri is gone and Amanda is here (it's like we didn't have to give up our favorite SG-1)" instead of thinking how the characters would. But then when they feel it can get some good mileage, they make him more like Rodney would really be, IMHO, and that's upset at losing one of his friends and one of the few people he always respected. Of course, this is a place where actor feedback would have helped out. The only reason I think John was more consistently sad was because of Joe's stubbornness (we <3 you, Joe).
                  In Joe We Trust.

I will always wonder if Torri had agreed to do GitM, would they have used her for this cameo. But I suppose that's giving them too much credit.
                  Way too much credit.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/th_JohnElizabethSketch.jpg

clickable thumbnail
                  That's fantastic!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/th_JohnElizabethSketch.jpg
                    clickable thumbnail
                    Awesome picture, I love it
                    I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

thanks folks
                      sigpic

Comment

And yes, I am back! ^^ Glad to see you all again.
                        How're you?
                        My tour was amazing, we visited so many places and met a lot of wonderful people. Though it was quite exhausting also, now my friend and me literally dream about one more holiday, this time lazy and somewhere by the warm sea. Ah, dreams

mandogater, here are photos for you! Later will be more, much more (maybe I upload them on Tumblr, not sure about this so far), and that's just sth to begin with
                        A little warning: photos are quite big, so I just share their links. Enjoy!
                        Xi'an:
                        http://i.imgur.com/vK7jJ1n.jpg
                        Shanghai:
                        http://i.imgur.com/WGQleJz.jpg
                        Hong Kong:
                        http://i.imgur.com/bjUPdFY.jpg
                        I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

I remember Robert Picardo saying that on Star Trek every time they wanted to change the dialogue even a little bit, they had to call for a PTB to approve it. He seemed to think Stargate was more accommodating. And I think RDA got to do just about anything he wanted to. So, it must have had to do with the individual actor and how much they liked him/her. Joe is the prime example of what happens when you stand up to them.

Having gone through it thinking I was fully prepared after reading the books, watching the videos and going through childbirth classes, there was still stuff that surprised me. Why didn't my mom tell me about the part after they take away that cute little bundle? That's when you need the drugs. Anyway, we've scared off the guys, so moving on.

That is an excellent question. If they did, the scene would have become instantly shippier, so I'm thinking no. But if, as MG claimed indirectly, the scene wasn't meant to be foreshadowing of Sheyla, maybe they wouldn't have thought about it, which would have made them even more clueless than I previously thought.

Wow, what a sentence. Don't judge me on that, it's early and I haven't had enough coffee.

Originally posted by Varda View Post
                          How're you?
                          My tour was amazing, we visited so many places and met a lot of wonderful people. Though it was quite exhausting also, now my friend and me literally dream about one more holiday, this time lazy and somewhere by the warm sea. Ah, dreams

mandogater, here are photos for you! Later will be more, much more (maybe I upload them on Tumblr, not sure about this so far), and that's just sth to begin with
                          Xi'an:
                          Shanghai:
                          Hong Kong:
                          Welcome back and gorgeous shots. The last one in particular looks like a postcard.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Varda View Post
                            How're you?

Xi'an:
                            Shanghai:
                            Hong Kong:
                            Glad you had fun on your trip! Those are some great pictures.

I remember Robert Picardo saying that on Star Trek every time they wanted to change the dialogue even a little bit, they had to call for a PTB to approve it. He seemed to think Stargate was more accommodating. And I think RDA got to do just about anything he wanted to. So, it must have had to do with the individual actor and how much they liked him/her. Joe is the prime example of what happens when you stand up to them.
                            Indeed.

That is an excellent question. If they did, the scene would have become instantly shippier, so I'm thinking no. But if, as MG claimed indirectly, the scene wasn't meant to be foreshadowing of Sheyla, maybe they wouldn't have thought about it, which would have made them even more clueless than I previously thought.

Wow, what a sentence. Don't judge me on that, it's early and I haven't had enough coffee.

Comment

And "Casualties of War" and "Rising" are own their way!!!!

4)I'm pretty sure AT was treated an a Special Guest Star, just like Paul McGillion was, just like everyone ever important not in the credits was... except Torri.
                              Da*m TPTB!!!!

5)That "Let me play with your insides" line was so, so awful. Clearly they were trying to invoke some Kaylee there. The problem being that Kaylee FIT on Firefly but not as Chief Medical Officer Keller on Stargate Atlantis.
                              Why in the world, would the head of the medical department, joke with such a thing, is she a kid or what!? That was just stupid!!! How professional was that?!!

I loved the episode, I thought it episode was a nice friendship piece. As I said before, John being heroic makes me feel all warm inside. And John whump, god, I need some air.
                              I have to admit that I also like the scenes where John is trapped under the debris with Ronon.

Good one! Quality snark there, Pearl.
                              Thank you, JT. I guess I can have my moments, hehe!

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/Nolamom/media/Shippiness/JohnElizabethSketch.jpg.html

clickable thumbnail
                              This is excellent, you are so talented!

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                              Hiya Pearl. How's it going?
                              Oops, sorry Sparky, it seems I missed you, last time.

I could swear I heard somewhere that Michael had Clone!Carson give him the ATA gene.
                              I guess when we will watch “The Prodigal” this might be answered.

Yeah, that's the writers not being smart and just using whatever whim they are feeling at the time. They were thinking more like themselves ... "we're happy Torri is gone and Amanda is here (it's like we didn't have to give up our favorite SG-1)" instead of thinking how the characters would.
                              Da*m TPTB!!!!
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Hey guys,

Been off working hard for the last few days. It's been busy at work and I haven't had a chance when I get home to look in.

I loved the snarkfest that was the Search and Rescue postathon. I may be controversial here but I quite like this episode. The dream at the beginning did and still does baffle me, mind you, though it was nice to see Ford again. I loved the talk between John and Ronon whilst they're trapped and John's resignation to his fate. I also love Rodney helping Teyla to give birth (and yes, as a woman who has been there, it was not that easy, not by a long shot!) but Rodney's face and fear over it is just fantastic. I also think it is easily AT's best ep as Carter in Atlantis (though not difficult) but she seemed more like Sam. Her face when Woolsey tells her she's not going back is pretty priceless. As for Teyla giving her son the middle name of John I always thought it was because he was a good friend, had saved her and her child and was also the reason for the fight against the Wraith, etc.

Anyway, that's all. Hope everyone is well. I am going to type up chater 13 but will prbably look in over the course of the evening.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X