Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the weekend! Whoo HOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Sparky funny to report. On my way to the grocery store, I got behind a red truck with the logo for MISTER SPARKY on the back. It's a company that does electric repairs. They even have a phone number that's xxx-xx-SPARKY. LOL
    That's awesome!!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    I heard a horror wisdom teeth story the other day. Click if you dare

Spoiler:
    A nurse at a hospital got one of the house surgeons to take them out on the down low, which meant they couldn't use any decent drugs. Her teeth were impacted. The drill even broke. Bits of teeth and blood were flying across the room. They ended up by covering her head to toe in plastic due to all the blood. And because she couldn't tell the ones at hospital what had happened, she had to rock on up to work the next day with her face all swollen and make up some excuse about emergency dental surgery and carry on.

Second that, JT

I did, but one thing I wondered about is the LJ forum. Maybe that should be deleted/restricted? I was on there earlier in the week, and it contains a lot of spoilerific info. I had to search a bit to find it, so it mightn't be a big deal.

Re Voyager, I recently discovered SF Debris and his reviews. He does some all Trek, with some interesting reviews at times. Not everyone's cup of tea though. http://www.youtube.com/sfdebris is his original site, although following some trouble he does the reviews on blip and posts a teaser on youtube with a link there, if you're interested. One Small Step was earlier in the week - Chakotay came dangerously close to having his own episode *snort*
    Thanks!

You let someone PRACTICE on your wisdom teeth? You are a brave man. And that story is disgusting. I didn't do well with the anesthesia. It didn't knock me out, just made me unable to control myself so I sobbed through the whole thing. Rather humiliating. And the drugs afterwards didn't make me happy either, dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I didn't do well with the anesthesia. It didn't knock me out, just made me unable to control myself so I sobbed through the whole thing. Rather humiliating. And the drugs afterwards didn't make me happy either, dammit.
      *giggles* ... Sorry, can't help it. ... Huggles for good measure.

I have been spared of wisdom teeth issues... so far anyway... but I do know a thing or two about anesthesia (I never got passed number 4 of a 1 to 10 count) and as far as happy drugs go to keep one floating about in total bliss -> morphine, bloody lovely!
      Because the pump to regulate my pain medication wasn't attached properly so instead they had to inject it every few hours or so, until they realized the damn thing wasn't working properly...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I have been spared of wisdom teeth issues... so far anyway... but I do know a thing or two about anesthesia (I never got passed number 4 of a 1 to 10 count) and as far as happy drugs go to keep one floating about in total bliss -> morphine, bloody lovely!
        Because the pump to regulate my pain medication wasn't attached properly so instead they had to inject it every few hours or so, until they realized the damn thing wasn't working properly...
        No sugar for you!!

I have no problems with normal anesthesia (thank goodness) but the conscious sedation stuff they gave me for my wisdom teeth just sucked. My nephew had the same reaction.

Comment

It's the weekend! Whoo HOOOOOOOOOOO!!

That's awesome!!

Thanks!

You let someone PRACTICE on your wisdom teeth? You are a brave man. And that story is disgusting. I didn't do well with the anesthesia. It didn't knock me out, just made me unable to control myself so I sobbed through the whole thing. Rather humiliating. And the drugs afterwards didn't make me happy either, dammit.
          But he was really good! I'm unsure what the normal practice is though - everyone else I know who has had them out has had a general, but I got some pills, then local. It didn't hurt (aside from the injection but that's okay), and I was fine afterwards aside from some temporary numbness (a lot of the icecream I had later ended up down my shirt)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

The not-working-properly pump doesn't sound too good I've only had morphine the one time, but I never got the same experience that other people did from it. I got up to go to the toilet and didn't feel woozy or anything

No sugar for you!!

I have no problems with normal anesthesia (thank goodness) but the conscious sedation stuff they gave me for my wisdom teeth just sucked. My nephew had the same reaction.
          Presumably it's not the same stuff as the stuff they use in hospitals where the person is conscious but extremely groggy, and will respond to orders (for movement), but won't remember the experience?
          sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if I've posted this here before, but back in the old days, there was a 10 Ways To Kill Carter On Atlantis challenge going around (hey, I like Carter, don't judge me ) and I rediscovered it whilst looking for another one. Spoilers because OT. Also, it's crack-ish (hopefully)

Spoiler:

As the Deadalus lay motionless in space, Colonel Carter lowered herself into the pilot’s seat of the prototype 302. At the same time, behind her Walter Harriman was revelling in the close up view of her rear. For as long as they had been working together, the Colonel had been completely oblivious of Walter’s secret feelings for her. And now his dreams had come true – not only were they to be sealed in together for an extended period of time, they would both be remembered as the first two people to successfully pilot a 302 through hyperspace.

“Are you sure you want to do this” asked Rodney from the bridge. “You know you’re not actually a test pilot”.

“Well, I’m the most experienced 302-pilot in this galaxy, I had a hand in designing it in the first place as well as the recent upgrades “ Colonel Carter responded as she started her pre-flight checks. “With all the trouble we had with the hyperdrive generators initially, I’d like to be able to see it through”

“Okay. You’re the boss. But are you sure about your choice of co-pilot?”

“Rodney, this is not a closed line”

“Oh. Aaaahhhh, um, sorry Sergeant. I just meant that normally on test flights there are normally two fully qualified pilots, not one” Rodney tried to back-pedal. Fortunately he had the good sense to only use his headset to do so, as one of the comm screens would have revealed to poor Walter that nearly the entire bridge crew, including Colonel Caldwell, were having a chuckle at Rodney’s gaffe.

“It’s okay Doctor. Colonel Carter warned me about you” Walter replied. He could afford to take a little flak. After all, it was leading to some serious alone time with his girl (or at least it was in his fantasy world). They proceeded with the checks, but every time he looked at the back of her head, his mind started to wander, wishing that he could do the same in another scenario. He had to fight that mental image as he really did need to concentrate on his work. All he had left to do was plot the course, and then his plan would be complete.

Once the pre-flight checks were complete, and Caldwell gave the go-ahead, Carter piloted the 302 out of the bay and into the vast openness of space.

“Deadalus, this is flight. We are awaiting your orders.”

“Flight, this is Caldwell. Proceed as planned – a two minute hyperspace jump, then stop for systems check. Good luck Colonel, and god speed.”

“Copy that. Opening hyperspace window now. See you in two minutes” replied Carter, as the 302 disappeared into the window. Shortly afterwards, the Deadalus followed suit.

At the rendezvous coordinates, everything had gone off without a hitch. The 302 had traversed through hyperspace with none of the problems associated with the attempts years earlier.

“I think we might have actually done it” Rodney was ecstatic. He and Sam had been working hard to perfect the system. Eventually, they planned to modify the fighters to fit through the gate, giving them a massive advantage in comparison to the Wraith darts. In fact, the time that they had spent together had reminded him of when they first met (ironically, it was when the problems with the 302’s hyperdrives were discovered), although they had developed a greater respect for each other now. Even though he still missed Elizabeth dearly, this time together had made him accept the IOA’s choice for her replacement. He wondered to himself whether John would eventually move on in the same fashion. The loss of Elizabeth had affected everyone, but it was the catalyst in a series of events that had begun to change John. Many were not related to her, but with her there, John seemed much more at ease in most situations. Now he just seemed burdened. Rodney started to remember all the people they had lost on this expedition, some of whom he even considered friends.

Meanwhile, on the 302, Walter was also ecstatic. Now he could implement his plan. The first day of their new life together was just moments away. He quietly brought up the navigation controls, and plotted a new course, while trying to avoid tipping Carter off in any way.

For the second time, Caldwell gave the go-ahead and the 302 jumped into hyperspace, this time for a 40 minute burst. Again, the Deadalus pursued at a distance. At least, they thought they were.

Forty minutes later, the Deadalus exited hyperspace at the new rendezvous coordinates. This time, there was no 302.

“Where are they?” asked a bemused Caldwell. “They should have beaten us here”

“I don’t know. We should be right on top of them” replied McKay as he quickly moved to the sensor controls.

“Do you mean we just……..?”

“No no no, we didn’t exit hyperspace and obliterate them. There would have been debris. It’s more likely they came out of hyperspace too early. All we have to do is modify the sensors, and search for them in much the same way as the Apollo searched for Atlantis”

At the same time as this was going on, the 302 was about to exit hyperspace. Walter finally plucked up the courage to tell Carter what was going on.

“So you’re telling me that you altered our flight path to make us end up stranded on some backwater planet, leaving us to live out the rest of our lives together?” Carter was incredulous. “Why wouldn’t we just fly back?”

“I thought of that. I programmed a virus to delete all the hyperdrive subroutines from the computer ten seconds after we leave hyperspace. The planet doesn’t have a gate. We’ll have no choice but to land there as there won’t be enough fuel or time to travel to a planet that does before we expend all our oxygen. There is no escape. We will be together forever.”

A horrified Carter braced herself as the 302 began to exit hyperspace. Surely she could think of some way out of this. After all, this guy’s main job was opening the iris, and then closing it. He was like a glorified bellhop. She was one of Earth’s smartest.

As they began to exit hyperspace, it quickly became apparent that Walter’s previous words were chillingly true (there is no escape). They had exited directly in front of the sun. It seemed that Walter’s daydreams had distracted him at a crucial point, causing him to enter the course incorrectly. Carter tried to manoeuvre away from it, but it was too late. There was no escape.

“I love you” yelled Walter at the top of his lungs as the 302 burned up in the sun’s corona.
            sigpic

Comment

gateraid, you are one sick little puppy.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Here's another one. This takes place whilst Shep & Weir are investigating something.

Spoiler:

Outside the cave, Zelenka is looking at a life-signs detector.

Zelenka:

It registered something for a second, and then it disappeared. The radiation must be affecting it as well.

Ronon:

Is there something there or not?

Zelenka:

Yes. It’s back. Over there. It’s coming towards us. Fast.

Ronon:

Wraith?

Zelenka:

I can’t tell.

Shot of the rubble and vegetation. There appears to be nothing. Then all of a sudden, a giant bird (condor sized) flies into view.

Zelenka (still looking at the scanner):

Now!

Ronon instinctively shoots it. Both look on, horrified, as the bird falls to the ground.

Ronon:

I thought that thing could tell the difference between an eight-foot wraith and a bird.

Shepherd (on radio):

I heard a weapon. Is everything all right out there?

Ronon:

Everything’s fine. I was just letting Zelenka have a look at my gun, and he accidentally discharged it. (Zelenka looks surprised.)

Sheppard:

Huh. Okay then. You might want to be more careful in the future, Radek. Sheppard out.

Ronon (to Zelenka):

What? Do you wanna tell him we couldn't tell the difference between a bird and a wraith?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  gateraid, you are one sick little puppy.
                  Fortunately my illness is not contagious Did you see my shoes comment over the wayside? I fear the illness is spreading
                  sigpic

Comment

Fortunately my illness is not contagious Did you see my shoes comment over the wayside? I fear the illness is spreading
                    I did indeed see that shoe comment. No doubt this will start all sorts of rumors that we have a foot fetish.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      I did indeed see that shoe comment. No doubt this will start all sorts of rumors that we have a foot fetish.
                      Nah, they'll see who it was and just think I stepped over the cuckoo's nest After all, the best rumours have an element of truth to them
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if I've posted this here before, but back in the old days, there was a 10 Ways To Kill Carter On Atlantis challenge going around (hey, I like Carter, don't judge me ) and I rediscovered it whilst looking for another one. Spoilers because OT. Also, it's crack-ish (hopefully)

Spoiler:

As the Deadalus lay motionless in space, Colonel Carter lowered herself into the pilot’s seat of the prototype 302. At the same time, behind her Walter Harriman was revelling in the close up view of her rear. For as long as they had been working together, the Colonel had been completely oblivious of Walter’s secret feelings for her. And now his dreams had come true – not only were they to be sealed in together for an extended period of time, they would both be remembered as the first two people to successfully pilot a 302 through hyperspace.

“Are you sure you want to do this” asked Rodney from the bridge. “You know you’re not actually a test pilot”.

“Well, I’m the most experienced 302-pilot in this galaxy, I had a hand in designing it in the first place as well as the recent upgrades “ Colonel Carter responded as she started her pre-flight checks. “With all the trouble we had with the hyperdrive generators initially, I’d like to be able to see it through”

“Okay. You’re the boss. But are you sure about your choice of co-pilot?”

“Rodney, this is not a closed line”

“Oh. Aaaahhhh, um, sorry Sergeant. I just meant that normally on test flights there are normally two fully qualified pilots, not one” Rodney tried to back-pedal. Fortunately he had the good sense to only use his headset to do so, as one of the comm screens would have revealed to poor Walter that nearly the entire bridge crew, including Colonel Caldwell, were having a chuckle at Rodney’s gaffe.

“It’s okay Doctor. Colonel Carter warned me about you” Walter replied. He could afford to take a little flak. After all, it was leading to some serious alone time with his girl (or at least it was in his fantasy world). They proceeded with the checks, but every time he looked at the back of her head, his mind started to wander, wishing that he could do the same in another scenario. He had to fight that mental image as he really did need to concentrate on his work. All he had left to do was plot the course, and then his plan would be complete.

Once the pre-flight checks were complete, and Caldwell gave the go-ahead, Carter piloted the 302 out of the bay and into the vast openness of space.

“Deadalus, this is flight. We are awaiting your orders.”

“Flight, this is Caldwell. Proceed as planned – a two minute hyperspace jump, then stop for systems check. Good luck Colonel, and god speed.”

“Copy that. Opening hyperspace window now. See you in two minutes” replied Carter, as the 302 disappeared into the window. Shortly afterwards, the Deadalus followed suit.

At the rendezvous coordinates, everything had gone off without a hitch. The 302 had traversed through hyperspace with none of the problems associated with the attempts years earlier.

“I think we might have actually done it” Rodney was ecstatic. He and Sam had been working hard to perfect the system. Eventually, they planned to modify the fighters to fit through the gate, giving them a massive advantage in comparison to the Wraith darts. In fact, the time that they had spent together had reminded him of when they first met (ironically, it was when the problems with the 302’s hyperdrives were discovered), although they had developed a greater respect for each other now. Even though he still missed Elizabeth dearly, this time together had made him accept the IOA’s choice for her replacement. He wondered to himself whether John would eventually move on in the same fashion. The loss of Elizabeth had affected everyone, but it was the catalyst in a series of events that had begun to change John. Many were not related to her, but with her there, John seemed much more at ease in most situations. Now he just seemed burdened. Rodney started to remember all the people they had lost on this expedition, some of whom he even considered friends.

Meanwhile, on the 302, Walter was also ecstatic. Now he could implement his plan. The first day of their new life together was just moments away. He quietly brought up the navigation controls, and plotted a new course, while trying to avoid tipping Carter off in any way.

For the second time, Caldwell gave the go-ahead and the 302 jumped into hyperspace, this time for a 40 minute burst. Again, the Deadalus pursued at a distance. At least, they thought they were.

Forty minutes later, the Deadalus exited hyperspace at the new rendezvous coordinates. This time, there was no 302.

“Where are they?” asked a bemused Caldwell. “They should have beaten us here”

“I don’t know. We should be right on top of them” replied McKay as he quickly moved to the sensor controls.

“Do you mean we just……..?”

“No no no, we didn’t exit hyperspace and obliterate them. There would have been debris. It’s more likely they came out of hyperspace too early. All we have to do is modify the sensors, and search for them in much the same way as the Apollo searched for Atlantis”

At the same time as this was going on, the 302 was about to exit hyperspace. Walter finally plucked up the courage to tell Carter what was going on.

“So you’re telling me that you altered our flight path to make us end up stranded on some backwater planet, leaving us to live out the rest of our lives together?” Carter was incredulous. “Why wouldn’t we just fly back?”

“I thought of that. I programmed a virus to delete all the hyperdrive subroutines from the computer ten seconds after we leave hyperspace. The planet doesn’t have a gate. We’ll have no choice but to land there as there won’t be enough fuel or time to travel to a planet that does before we expend all our oxygen. There is no escape. We will be together forever.”

A horrified Carter braced herself as the 302 began to exit hyperspace. Surely she could think of some way out of this. After all, this guy’s main job was opening the iris, and then closing it. He was like a glorified bellhop. She was one of Earth’s smartest.

As they began to exit hyperspace, it quickly became apparent that Walter’s previous words were chillingly true (there is no escape). They had exited directly in front of the sun. It seemed that Walter’s daydreams had distracted him at a crucial point, causing him to enter the course incorrectly. Carter tried to manoeuvre away from it, but it was too late. There was no escape.

“I love you” yelled Walter at the top of his lungs as the 302 burned up in the sun’s corona.
                        I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love your brain.

Comment

Presumably it's not the same stuff as the stuff they use in hospitals where the person is conscious but extremely groggy, and will respond to orders (for movement), but won't remember the experience?
                          Nope. I remembered every stinking minute.

Morphine doesn't give me a buzz either. Dammit.

Comment

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love your brain.

Meh, it's not my best work. That was Atlantis: The Movie, which I wrote in about twenty minutes. My attempt at the sequel was less than stellar. It reminded me a little of TNG's All Good Things vs Generations - written by the same writers, but in different timeframes. All Good Things was fired out in three weeks, whereas they had months to write the movie, which they considered to be worse (they were correct).
                            sigpic

Comment

So I finally got the new updates for my fics transferred from various electronic media, including netbooks and iPods, and found everything I scribbled down during classes, so as soon as I have the time for it, I should have two new chapters up soon!

I realize, of course, this is nothing compared to the phenemonal efforts happening over at SGARising.com (over 14,000 hits!!!), but it's Sparky. It's still important.

Anyhoodle, as it is almost midnight and I've got stuff to do in the mornin, I'm headin to bed. Once I clean all the clothes off of it.

Night!!!

PS -- There will be a sequel to that ficlet I posted yesterday. Mwah ha ha.

Comment

Also, SGARising writers, check your Twitters. I'm going a little cooky about something I saw posted, and I need help. You'll understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X