Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Thought I should let you know in advance (4 days seems like a good few days) that I won't be around from the 9th until the 24th of July. I'll be hiking the Hadrian's Wall trail in the north of England.

So, I won't be available for any beta-work, or questions concerning SG1/SGA, and whatever else I do as a Lemming.

Just so you know...
    well you will be missed. i hope you have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      so since i'm going to be 22 this year (yeah i know i'm a youngster) the youngest i could date somebody would be what? 18?
      The formula doesn't apply to minors. I think the youngest you can date anyone is 18. Unless you want to go to jail.

Thought I should let you know in advance (4 days seems like a good few days) that I won't be around from the 9th until the 24th of July. I'll be hiking the Hadrian's Wall trail in the north of England.

So, I won't be available for any beta-work, or questions concerning SG1/SGA, and whatever else I do as a Lemming.

Just so you know...
      Thanks for the heads up. We'll miss you.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        The formula doesn't apply to minors. I think the youngest you can date anyone is 18. Unless you want to go to jail.
        no thanks. i perfer women my own age anyway.

Comment

The long wait is over friends. Chapter 1 of Trust is now up. Go read. Go on now, shoo.
          sigpic

Comment

OMG OMG OMG I am so behind on my reading. I must fix that ASAP!

Re Mike, oh God, like Infinite Possibilities said, he did look like he got lost on the way into a romantic comedy. Never read a better description of him. Gero (was it Gero who wrote Scumday?) did use him as a device to show us how Elizabeth regards personal relationships VS work thing, but come on. That could have been done in much better way. Mikey - boy was just a plot device, an Italian - looking one (I headdesked when I saw him. No offense to Italians. He reminded me of those typical romantic movie heartthrobs whos ay Ciao, talk in an italian accent and leave the heroine broken hearted because they're just pretty, but not good.). Romantic interest tailored look indeed, besides John always looked better. Even in Conversion when he turned half blue.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Also. I can't believe there's no sparky video to this song:

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

well you will be missed. i hope you have a good time.
                Thank you!

Thanks for the heads up. We'll miss you.
                You're welcome! Peace and quiet for two whole weeks - enjoy it!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Falcon Horus, I hope you have a great trip, it sounds spectacular!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

Re Mike, oh God, like Infinite Possibilities said, he did look like he got lost on the way into a romantic comedy. Never read a better description of him. Gero (was it Gero who wrote Scumday?) did use him as a device to show us how Elizabeth regards personal relationships VS work thing, but come on. That could have been done in much better way. Mikey - boy was just a plot device, an Italian - looking one (I headdesked when I saw him. No offense to Italians. He reminded me of those typical romantic movie heartthrobs whos ay Ciao, talk in an italian accent and leave the heroine broken hearted because they're just pretty, but not good.). Romantic interest tailored look indeed, besides John always looked better. Even in Conversion when he turned half blue.
                  LMAO! That has got to be the best description of Mike Branton I have ever read!

And yes, it was Gero who wrote Scumday. Still hard to believe the brilliant mastermind of The Storm/The Eye had sunk so low. Oh well. *sighs*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Falcon Horus, I hope you have a great trip, it sounds spectacular!
                    I agree that it sounds spectacular but were you to ask my sister what she originally thought of my idea, she'd tell you "three fries short of a happy meal" came to mind.

I'm nervous as to how we'll do but you'll hear all about that once we're back... if we get back and don't get lost somewhere on the trail.

Comment

If John noticed them, I'm sure he didn't think anything of it. She probably had lunch with various people all the time. I wonder, though, why Carson made such a big deal of her date. Did he maybe think for a moment it might be John? He was awfully happy.
                      After all, she'd had lunch with John before (Tao of Rodney) so I doubt he would have thought anything of it. However, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall if Rodney described the scene to John afterwards.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      So happy he could explode I'd like to think he thought it was Sheppard. I guess we'll never know

Just so you know...
                      Have lots of fun and try not to kill anyone.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

That's a great description!

Bug!John WAS hot, though. That man can make any look work. One of the lines I love in that one - when Elizabeth says "It's only protocol" and John responds with "That's your answer for everything." Just the WAY he says it. That line could have been said angry or snarky but he said it with such teasing, that you have to wonder what other things she's used "protocol" as an excuse for.

And yes, it was Gero who wrote Scumday. Still hard to believe the brilliant mastermind of The Storm/The Eye had sunk so low. Oh well. *sighs*
                      *whispers*BW*/whispers* Childhood's End - Sunday - Trio - Brainstorm. Pattern fits. Yes.

The Storm/The Eye - The Shrine. Pattern fits. Yes.
                      Last edited by JT-2; 05 July 2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Have lots of fun and try not to kill anyone.
                        No promises.

Comment

I'm baaaaack!

Move was successful, and Mom and I drank most of the beer. Believe me, we needed it!

Thanks for all the well wishers, hopefully now I can resume RL and finish some fics. I just realized I've been working on "Everybody's Fine" for almost a year now, since I came back to the thread from ... wherever I was.

Internet here is still splotchy, but I have basic cable. Which means I have access to ABC, SyFy, ABCFamily, USA Network, and a few other essentials. Yay me.

Read the new stargate_ren fic, now I need to go find "Trust"!!!

Falcon Horus -- have fun, we will miss you!

LtColSheppard -- I've probably said this before, but you're younger than me?!?! Actually, I think you and LadyMore are both younger than me. I'm not the thread baby. *pouts*

Oh well. Back to unpacking. And adding snippets to fic.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            LtColSheppard -- I've probably said this before, but you're younger than me?!?! Actually, I think you and LadyMore are both younger than me. I'm not the thread baby. *pouts*

LOL well you always be the baby ShipperWriter even if me and LadyMore are younger than you. and Welcome back

Comment

In this mother's opinion, Jinto is more in need of a timeout.

*grabby hands* I'm trying to be patient.
                              Based on how long it took me to write the review, you'd need to be extremely patient if I were writing the episode. Like, through until next year

I grew up on a farm, so I get you. Farming can be messy. Some day I'll tell you about hog killing time. *shudders*
                              And I will tell you about my sister's horse

See, that's the whole thing. Anything you write that's different from what was actually written would technically violate canon, but at some point you have to come up with something new. And if someone wants to write a Wraith-centered fic, that's fine. Just don't tell me I shouldn't make them the bad guys or the 'Lanteans the good guys. WTF? How does that not make sense?

Plus, some of the recent criticism can be settled with a more careful reading of the fics.

I think we have to just reply politely when we feel it's necessary and move on. We can't let a bit of criticism change how we write.
                              But the Wraith are the good guys, nay, heroes, for reducing the numbers of those pesky humans I think what I said earlier about canon evolving is relevant here. You have to start with canon, and stay true to it in terms of characters and technology, but as more is written, the canon will evolve. That's what happened on the show proper, and that's what'll happen here.

All the Americans here thank you. *goes back to reading "Trust"*

Spoiler:
                              That Mayel is just full of surprises.
                              Spoiler:
                              I said earlier she may have been Liz lite. I take it back. She's more like a Shep/Weir hybrid, or a Teyla/Weir hybrid. Or maybe neither of those.

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and to my fellow Americans, Happy Independence Day!

And how am I celebrating? I'm watching the Firefly marathon on the Science Channel.

I wish others would remember that when they claim that Elizabeth is too old for John. *eye twitch*
                              The irony is that a good number of those fans will be older than Elizabeth themselves, no doubt.

I'd say he needs to be grounded, but maybe that's just me.
                              Or a good clip around the ears

so since i'm going to be 22 this year (yeah i know i'm a youngster) the youngest i could date somebody would be what? 18?
                              If you're following that rule exactly, then yes, but I think it really only applies when both people are over 30. The difference between, say, a 16yr old and a 21 yr old could be measured in dog years. And prison time, depending upon how serious the relationship was

Just so you know...
                              Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Seriously, have a good time. Eat, drink, be merry

Edit: I just discovered that a video of me on holiday is still on youtube, after nearly five years. I should amend my previous statement to 'Eat, drink, be merry, but do it responsibly'. Still, I was actually doing pretty well, considering I'd drunk almost an entire bottle of whiskey beforehand

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

*whispers*BW*/whispers* Childhood's End - Sunday - Trio - Brainstorm. Pattern fits. Yes.

The Storm/The Eye - The Shrine. Pattern fits. Yes.
                              *nods* It does indeed. Even the nanovirus one got a going over from Brad. I actually like both of their writing styles (BW especially), but I don't agree with MG's decisions sometimes.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              I'm baaaaack!

Move was successful, and Mom and I drank most of the beer. Believe me, we needed it!

Thanks for all the well wishers, hopefully now I can resume RL and finish some fics. I just realized I've been working on "Everybody's Fine" for almost a year now, since I came back to the thread from ... wherever I was.

Internet here is still splotchy, but I have basic cable. Which means I have access to ABC, SyFy, ABCFamily, USA Network, and a few other essentials. Yay me.

Read the new stargate_ren fic, now I need to go find "Trust"!!!

Falcon Horus -- have fun, we will miss you!

I hope you drank the beer after the move
                              Last edited by gateraid; 06 July 2011, 02:10 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                Based on how long it took me to write the review, you'd need to be extremely patient if I were writing the episode. Like, through until next year

And I will tell you about my sister's horse
                                If it's anything like the time my uncle's mule ate green apples, I don't want to know.

But the Wraith are the good guys, nay, heroes, for reducing the numbers of those pesky humans I think what I said earlier about canon evolving is relevant here. You have to start with canon, and stay true to it in terms of characters and technology, but as more is written, the canon will evolve. That's what happened on the show proper, and that's what'll happen here.
                                And having the Wraith become more like humans and giving them a sympathetic story is canon? You're right, we can't possibly move the story forward unless we add to canon. I think that's something, unless you've actually tried to write a story, some people will never understand. Yes, new things happen. But no, the characters will react in the same ways, have the same personality and morals, and be the same people they always were. Yes, they might, unlike in the show, grow from an experience, but they will never be unrecognizable. For example, John will not suddenly start babbling about his feelings and telling stories about his mother.

Spoiler:
                                I said earlier she may have been Liz lite. I take it back. She's more like a Shep/Weir hybrid, or a Teyla/Weir hybrid. Or maybe neither of those.
                                I'm not sure yet if
                                Spoiler:
                                Mayel is more like either of them or if she's just totally different. She has elements of both Liz and Teyla, but being Genii, she is also unique.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X