Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    You realize that you are now TPTB also, right? I don't know about you, but my sympathy for them grows daily.

On the schedule, I think what we will do is let the writers use the time they need and we'll publish when everything is ready to their satisfaction. So we'll say Trust will be delayed and then give everybody the heads up when it's close to ready. Maybe when it is in the final editing process. I've given this a lot of thought and have gotten several comments from people who want to know exactly when the next one will be up. They also want more places to comment aside from the discussion thread on GW and the writers' blog on the website. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't go around every day writing essentially the same comments in 4 or 5 different places. It's hard enough now with these 2-3. I like the discussion thread, but if you don't come here, you feel left out. Sorry to those people but we are already spread very thin, especially the writers and getting more websites will just lead to more duplication. Trying to please everybody is always a bad idea. I have more free time than any of you, so I'm happy to deal with the blog and the comments there. And I will call in reinforcements when I don't know the answer.

Maybe, though, we need to talk to our webmaster about a comment section directly with each chapter. I will also be glad to monitor that.

Uh, maybe. Now I have to clean up all the coffee I sprayed on my computer.

Note to ShipperWriter: Yes, I was up at zero dark thirty replying to your email, but I forgot to send sympathy for your situation. Hope everything works out.
    Well as far as this writer goes, I bow to your PTB skills. And I will say sincerely thank you for the discussions on the deadlines. I know that we want to please our readers, but knowing that I have a little more time to work makes me feel a great deal better--I just feel like I can deliver a better story all around and that I'll have time to go back over and gloss and polish everything. That makes me feel like I can deliver the best I can do.

That doesn't mean I'm going to slack, though. My intention is to have all creative development done by the weekend.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Well as far as this writer goes, I bow to your PTB skills. And I will say sincerely thank you for the discussions on the deadlines. I know that we want to please our readers, but knowing that I have a little more time to work makes me feel a great deal better--I just feel like I can deliver a better story all around and that I'll have time to go back over and gloss and polish everything. That makes me feel like I can deliver the best I can do.

That doesn't mean I'm going to slack, though. My intention is to have all creative development done by the weekend.
      *salutes* Like I said, let me know on Sunday where things stand and I will do the post of "nevermind" on the blog. Also think about us adding a comment section. I don't even know if that's possible, but we can talk to Kris.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*salutes* Like I said, let me know on Sunday where things stand and I will do the post of "nevermind" on the blog. Also think about us adding a comment section. I don't even know if that's possible, but we can talk to Kris.
        Yes, that's definitely a Kris call--I know we could do it with the PHP design we did on my old fansite, but I'm not sure if she can build comments per story in now.

I'll keep you posted--since you're next in line as a writer, you'll probably be getting those first 2 or 3 chapters for beta anyway. And I can do the blog post of nevermind, if you want--I haven't written in a while and as a sortofsorry I can give a tease for Trust.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Yes, that's definitely a Kris call--I know we could do it with the PHP design we did on my old fansite, but I'm not sure if she can build comments per story in now.

I'll keep you posted--since you're next in line as a writer, you'll probably be getting those first 2 or 3 chapters for beta anyway. And I can do the blog post of nevermind, if you want--I haven't written in a while and as a sortofsorry I can give a tease for Trust.
          Works for me.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Okay, I'm posting a fic rec quest:

Sparky
            Comedy
            Junk food

Any recs??? I desperately need a pick-me-up right now. Moose Tracks just isn't doing the trick at the moment ...
            Sorry RL whumped you! Sucks that you have to move.

Sparky junk food - Of Rolling Pins and Chocolate by lantis_kate

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            But I haven't finished my fisherman's basket yet

If we leave right now, I'll do enough eating for the both of us

Uhhhh.......Rodney, Carson, thanks for the meal, but John and I have to go know

* If I have to explain that to anyone, you'll be disappointed

* I msy have gone too far with that one
            Dude! I love your brain!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

*hugs ShipperWriter* I'm sorry to hear about all that. Family can be tough sometimes, and unexpected moves just suck. *more hugs*

Sorry about that. Which one is it?
              Hmm, I think it's the one at the top of Erin's group, using the cursive writing in yellow? SW, is that the one you mean?

Anyway, onto the SGA Rising discussion: Yes, we are getting spread a bit thin. I agree that if we could find a way to add a comments section to the end of each episode, that might be a better solution. That way, it's right there and readers don't have to go around to other sites/forums just to post comments. I guess we'll have to see if it's possible, and go from there.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You realize that you are now TPTB also, right? I don't know about you, but my sympathy for them grows daily.
                Full circle, huh? Somewhere out there, Mallozi is laughing. However, I am still laughing at him, so I don't care

On the schedule, I think what we will do is let the writers use the time they need and we'll publish when everything is ready to their satisfaction. So we'll say Trust will be delayed and then give everybody the heads up when it's close to ready. Maybe when it is in the final editing process. I've given this a lot of thought and have gotten several comments from people who want to know exactly when the next one will be up. They also want more places to comment aside from the discussion thread on GW and the writers' blog on the website. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't go around every day writing essentially the same comments in 4 or 5 different places. It's hard enough now with these 2-3. I like the discussion thread, but if you don't come here, you feel left out. Sorry to those people but we are already spread very thin, especially the writers and getting more websites will just lead to more duplication. Trying to please everybody is always a bad idea. I have more free time than any of you, so I'm happy to deal with the blog and the comments there. And I will call in reinforcements when I don't know the answer.

Maybe, though, we need to talk to our webmaster about a comment section directly with each chapter. I will also be glad to monitor that.
                I wouldn't get too worried about it. You can always handwave it by saying RTP I & II were meant more as a tease, to let people decide if it was the type of thing they'd go for.

Re the comments, I probably should do more of than *slaps hand* I'm only on now because I woke up in the middle of the night

I fixed that

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Dude! I love your brain!
                Most people go with "you're weird" or similar comments

hug1.jpg

:carter: Woolsey, good to see you. Give me some sugar

hug2.jpg

:woolsey: I don't think that's appropriate. Ah, all right then, who can resist a hug? Hey, by the way, you're fired and I'm replacing you.

hug3.jpg

:carter: Ouch. I guess it's true what they say - **** eventually rises to the top. And I'm taking back that hug, jackass
                Last edited by gateraid; 24 June 2011, 02:39 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Hello all! *waves* Well, I got through the whole wisdom teeth thing alright. Still not completely 100% yet, but getting there.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Hola, everybody!

I got RL whumped today.
                  Spoiler:
                  My bratty, thinks-she-can-do-whatever sister took my mom's car to drop off a friend who lives an hour north, then "conveniently" made dinner plans with her boyfriend who's a total jerk and got home 5 hours late. She yelled at my mom and Mom was extremely upset up last night so I stayed up and talked with her.

Then I woke up late this morning and found out we have to move out of our current residence because our landlord broke up with his girlfriend and needs his place back. And we thought we weren't moving again!

Now we're just waiting to see if my sister makes good on her threat to move out and get married before we move in a few months ...

All of this before I had coffee. I am ready to strangle someone.

So other than that, life is same ol, same ol. Fics are still patiently waiting for some TLC, but right now I'm just in a slump and don't want to do anything.
                  *hugs*

Hee! Lol. That's one of mine. I was actually considering reccing it when I saw the request, but you beat me to it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Hmm, I think it's the one at the top of Erin's group, using the cursive writing in yellow? SW, is that the one you mean?
                  Yep, that one's not mine, and the two below it belong to FH. I'd notice the mix-up before and was going to mention it, but it just slipped my mind. *facepalm*

Anyway, onto the SGA Rising discussion: Yes, we are getting spread a bit thin. I agree that if we could find a way to add a comments section to the end of each episode, that might be a better solution. That way, it's right there and readers don't have to go around to other sites/forums just to post comments. I guess we'll have to see if it's possible, and go from there.
                  I think that would be a nice thing to do.
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                    Hello all! *waves* Well, I got through the whole wisdom teeth thing alright. Still not completely 100% yet, but getting there.

*hugs*

Hee! Lol. That's one of mine. I was actually considering reccing it when I saw the request, but you beat me to it.

Yep, that one's not mine, and the two below it belong to FH. I'd notice the mix-up before and was going to mention it, but it just slipped my mind. *facepalm*

I think that would be a nice thing to do.
                    (((hugs))) Glad you made it through.

I'm glad you're here. Did you get all the info about our schedule change? I'm going to PM you my email, so I can get you anytime for writer info. I'll try to make the changes on the banners and will ask Kris about the comment section.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just a thought - but perhaps Kris (in this case) could sort of add a mini-forum that has like only the episodes and people can comment and discuss to their heart's content. Of course, the downside of that is that we would need some mods to keep an eye on the rules and regulations as they are set and followed (or not followed).... that could add an extra workload. *shrug* ... I don't know, just a thought.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi! I'm glad you're doing ok! Now it's over and you'll never have to do it again.

Lantis Kate is you? Cool!! I have a bunch of your fics bookmarked! You're a great writer!!

Comment

Sorry about that. Which one is it?
                          Hee hee, I'm not even here and you get your answer! Yes, the cast banner from S3 with the yellow squiggly writing is mine, courtesy of PhotoBucket. I don't mind it being up there at all; everything is for the fans, right? But my ego could use a slight inflation! LOL So if there's any uncomplicated way to credit me, that would be super.

*raises eyebrows* I think that post must've been deleted. I didn't see it!!!

Note to ShipperWriter: Yes, I was up at zero dark thirty replying to your email, but I forgot to send sympathy for your situation. Hope everything works out.

*hugs ShipperWriter* I'm sorry to hear about all that. Family can be tough sometimes, and unexpected moves just suck. *more hugs*

*hugs*

Thanks for all the hugs! It's true, everything in RL hits you all at once, and it totally throws you off-balance. I'm getting back on my feet. I even got on my laptop for the first time in a week (I've been using my netbook) and I can get all my stories straightened out now, see what I need to work on. Sweet!

(((Erin)))

Hope your dentist was cute and they gave you some good drugs.

(((SGARising Staff)))

You've all gone above and beyond, and it's truly remarkable! If I could send a drink through the thread, I would!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Just a thought - but perhaps Kris (in this case) could sort of add a mini-forum that has like only the episodes and people can comment and discuss to their heart's content. Of course, the downside of that is that we would need some mods to keep an eye on the rules and regulations as they are set and followed (or not followed).... that could add an extra workload. *shrug* ... I don't know, just a thought.
                            She's on it even as we speak. Hopefully, we can set up a comment section.

ShipperWriter, those changes were made. Check it out on the SGARising site to be sure it's correct. And FH, I gave you credit for the 2 banners I was told were yours. We appreciate everyone keeping on top of stuff like that. It's easy for things to slip through and easy enough to correct. Even I can do that. LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

She's on it even as we speak. Hopefully, we can set up a comment section.

ShipperWriter, those changes were made. Check it out on the SGARising site to be sure it's correct. And FH, I gave you credit for the 2 banners I was told were yours. We appreciate everyone keeping on top of stuff like that. It's easy for things to slip through and easy enough to correct. Even I can do that. LOL
                              Awesome! (((SR)))

Gosh. I'm in a huggy mood tonight, aren't I???

Comment

Quick question: is ugahill on LJ a member on the forums???

Or, *gulp*, someone on this thread and I blissfully, ignorantly haven't known???

Comment

Working...
                                X