Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RachNZ View Post
    I'm going to apologise for my previous post re Teyla, I've obviously jumped the gun on what I was reading. Thanks for everybody setting me straight - I didn't mean to offend anyone.
    No worries and welcome to the thread. This is a rather active thread with LOTS of pages, conversations happen quickly here and it can sometimes be hard to keep up with all the posts. I've participated here for quite a while and I, too, can say that the Sparky regulars on this thread really do like Teyla quite a lot.

I'm glad you've found for yourself how Sparky can resonate with people and I wish you much enjoyment as you go back and re-watch SGA with your Sparky glasses on. Have fun and I look forward to seeing you around the thread!
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

how about which season was it was Elizabeth just started calling Sheppard routinely by "John"?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        how about which season was it was Elizabeth just started calling Sheppard routinely by "John"?
        That happened the first time in the pilot and after that she did it in their one on one situations. Calling each other by their titles in front of their subordinates is just common practice in all areas of the military and in business. When I was teaching we never used first names in front of students or parents. To my way of thinking, it just showed how close they were that they used first names in private. And boy, did John have a way of making her name sound intimate. Plus, don't forget the 'Lizabeth' or even 'Lizbeth' he used a few times.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          That happened the first time in the pilot and after that she did it in their one on one situations. Calling each other by their titles in front of their subordinates is just common practice in all areas of the military and in business. When I was teaching we never used first names in front of students or parents. To my way of thinking, it just showed how close they were that they used first names in private. And boy, did John have a way of making her name sound intimate. Plus, don't forget the 'Lizabeth' or even 'Lizbeth' he used a few times.
          thanks. it's been a while since i watched an atlantis episode. i'm debating pre ordering the blu ray complete series. has anyone else ordered it yet?

Comment

First off, welcome RachNZ! You're the third Sparky friendly person I "know" from NZ now. You're obviously a very smart country.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Okay, I have no idea where this came from, but I sat down and wrote a ficlet for 'nuna. Hope this helps, sweetie! (((Anuna)))
            Spoiler:
            John looked around, noticing the absence of one particular member. He nodded at Teyla, who made her way over to him, holding a bottle of Athosian wine.

"Is everything all right?"

"Um, I'm gonna go for a little walk, that's all. Just make sure McKay doesn't do anything stupid, all right?"

Teyla glanced quickly at the bottle she was holding, then desperately laughed. "Then what shall I do with this?"

John pressed his lips together. "I'll take that off your hands for you," he offered with a sly smile.

She handed it over to him, along with two hand made cups.

When John quirked an eyebrow, she explained, "She's at the shore line."

John opened his mouth to retort, but clamped it shut, only replying with a nod of thanks and understanding as he left the group.

-=-=-=-=-

Elizabeth sat on a large rock, letting her bare feet hang over as she allowed the cooling waves to rush over her feet again and again. The sand on this beach was very fine, but it made for an excellent do-it-yourself pedicure.

She heard the sound of heavy footsteps behind her.

She smiled, shielding her eyes as she looked at the sun hovering mid way in the sky. "I was wondering how long it would take for you to get away."

"Yeah, well, Rodney pretty much sealed the deal."

She laughed, then turned around and smiled at her companion. "And I see you made out with some of the goods."

"Teyla asked me to take it before McKay found it," he shrugged, offering her a cup and pulling the handmade stopper out of the bottle.

If Elizabeth remembered right, this particular wine tasted like red wine with a hint of raspberry -- its tartness at first made you not want anymore, but by the time you swallowed it, you got used to it, and wondered why you disliked it in the first place.

It reminded her of a certain major she knew.

John poured more in her glass, less in his, and he replaced the stopped firmly. Holding his cup, he looked at her. "So. What should we toast? No attacks, no coups, no sieges, so ..."

She looked around at all the nature around her, something she knew existed from Atlantis but couldn't see everyday. As her panoramic view ended with her looking at John, she couldn't help but smile. "To two friends who need to catch up."

John smiled with her. "Cheers."

As they both emptied their cups and felt a slight warmness in their stomachs, Elizabeth suggested a walk. "Just in case someone comes looking for you. You probably wouldn't want to be found sitting barefoot on a rock, pouring out your tale of how you cheated on your 5th grade math test just to impress your teacher."

John smirked as he stood, extending a hand to Elizabeth. "It was 6th grade, English, and she was hot," he corrected sarcastically, pulling her up.

She met his eyes for a brief glance; she saw the teasing, jovial nature of his last statement, but she could sense that the extra emphasis he placed on his last word wasn't merely directed at his 6th grade English teacher.

They averted their eyes, then began walking. John still had his boots on and was gently crunching against the sand. Elizabeth had managed to leave her boots in the Puddle Jumper and slipped into a pair of sandals, rolling up her black pants as they sat on the rock.

"So. How are you, Doctor Weir?" John asked, glancing over at her.

"I'm fine, Major Sheppard. How are you?"

He blew out a breath. "I'm good." He chuckled as they walked. "Well, I guess we've caught up. Bye."

She gently touched his arm. "Very funny." After a split second, she inserted her arm through the loop in his, coming to rest in the crook.

John glanced down at their entwined arms. "My lady?"

Elizabeth laughed.

They walked a few more steps in silence until John whispered something, just beyond her hearing range.

"What was that?" she asked, looking up at him.

He shrugged. "Just talking to myself."

"Anything you'd care to share with the rest of the class?"

He stopped walking, turning to face her. As her arm was about to fall, he reached out and held her hand. "There's something I do wanna talk to you about. I'm just ... mulling it over as I go, so no judgment until the end."

"All right."

"I know that since we've gotten here, we've butted heads a few times. And I gotta say, arguing with you is ... fun. Enjoyable. Which might be part of the reason I do it so often."

She chuckled faintly.

"But, no matter what happens, whatever we face, if Earth ever finds us," he said seriously, reaching for her other hand, "I will always be loyal to you. You're the head of this Expedition, you're the one who gave me a second chance. I waited a long time for someone to believe in me again, and you did, for better or for worse." He bit his lip at the phrasing but continued. "I will do my best not to question your decisions."

"John, I want you to question it. We run Atlantis together! I need you. I need your input. Without you, people would think I'm a dictator."

He made his puppy face. "So I should stop telling people you're a dictator?"

She shook her head with a smile, wriggling one of her hands out of his to hold it. They stood, each holding the other's hand, making vows of loyalty.

For a flash, she saw what their present stance could look like to someone else, but she didn't care.

John, however, did. He gently pulled their hands apart, then looked steadily in her green eyes. "I will swear this. I will support you. I may not agree, and if I don't, you'll hear about it before you make a decision. But I will stand up with you. Always."

"Always?"

John shrugged. "Well, until Rodney accidentally blows us up or something."

She laughed, then gently touched his cheek. "Thank you, John. I appreciate that."

As they started walking again, John quickly asked, "So should I get on bended knee?"

Elizabeth gaped at him.

He tilted his head, hazel eyes twinkling micheviously. "So you can dub me a knight?"
            Like gateraid, I also had to LOL at "So I should stop telling people you're a dictator?" That was totally awesome!!

Get on over to the Writers' Block at SGARising and check out Eri's new entry. There's a nice little snippet from Trust that will tell you just where we're going next with Teyla.
            Ooooh, that's really interesting stuff! Go Teyla! Go Todd! Go SGA Rising staff!!

I don't know about everybody else, but I'm bored and went looking for fics. I found this great post CG one that will make you go '"awwwww". Enjoy.
            Totally awwwwwwww! Bil writes GREAT stories!

I love it when he shortens her name! Rodney does it too, but I think it's just because he talks so fast. (I'm not picking on him. I love Rodney! Not as much as TPTW or fandom does, but still.)

ps. It's hot and I hate summer.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

New stargate_ren fic is up!

Thanks to mathgirl for the head's up.
              And ZOMG, it's good!

RAWR. Did he ever.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              thanks. it's been a while since i watched an atlantis episode. i'm debating pre ordering the blu ray complete series. has anyone else ordered it yet?
              I have. I swore that I'd never buy Seasons 4 and 5 except as part of a complete series set, and I refused to buy the complete series on DVD because I already had Seasons 1-3 on DVD, and double dipping without a good incentive is just stupid. The upgrade to full HD picture quality on the Blu-ray is a win in my book.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Slow day around here, but I was busy editing. I'll end my day with an old fave.

sigpic

Comment

^^Great Pic to end the day...I'm working with Special needs kids. Rewarding experience but tiring.
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Gee, where is everyone today? Final prep for plunging into Fourth of July weekend?
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Gee, where is everyone today? Final prep for plunging into Fourth of July weekend?
                      Something like that. But mostly odds and ends of RL. Going to a late lunch with Mr. SR.
                      sigpic

Comment

Work - and cursing my aunt's cat for biting me yesterday. The mongrel drew blood and it hurts. But I took my revenge by sticking him with a needle (which he didn't take kindly too either) - he's a diabetic.

Other than that... not much going on... I don't even feel the Stargate flow either... That's not good.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

have. I swore that I'd never buy Seasons 4 and 5 except as part of a complete series set, and I refused to buy the complete series on DVD because I already had Seasons 1-3 on DVD, and double dipping without a good incentive is just stupid. The upgrade to full HD picture quality on the Blu-ray is a win in my book.
                          Just don't watch the bit about Carter coming to Atlantis. My blood pressure rises just thinking about it.

Slow day around here, but I was busy editing. I'll end my day with an old fave.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tor6007563.jpg
                          Nice! Don't they look like they're going to kiss?

I've been lurking in the John whump thread and reading stories like that. I really like the hurt/comfort aspect of them (although it'd be nice to see more Elizabeth hurt and John comforting than the other way around). I think the lack of comfort is what bothered me about Remnants. John goes through all that and no one ever comforts him (not that he'd tell any of them about it). That's why he needs Elizabeth back!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Work - and cursing my aunt's cat for biting me yesterday. The mongrel drew blood and it hurts. But I took my revenge by sticking him with a needle (which he didn't take kindly too either) - he's a diabetic.

Other than that... not much going on... I don't even feel the Stargate flow either... That's not good.
                          Ouch!! Poor lemming!

Comment

Finishing packing. We get the moving truck tomorrow morning, and should be totally moved by tomorrow night.

And in order to tempt our friends to come help us, I have a 12 pack of Corona and limes ready to go.

Well, now it's 10.

And watching an episode of "Castle" on YouTube while I take a "break".

Comment

Finishing packing. We get the moving truck tomorrow morning, and should be totally moved by tomorrow night.

And in order to tempt our friends to come help us, I have a 12 pack of Corona and limes ready to go.

Well, now it's 10.

And watching an episode of "Castle" on YouTube while I take a "break".
                              Um, do you really want people to be drinking as they move your breakable stuff?

Castle is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Ouch!! Poor lemming!
                                Saturday's gonna be a rematch - hopefully by that time I'll be able to use my thumb again cause at the moment it's slightly swollen at the base where I have two teethmarks from the bottom teeth (and two on the other side of it from the upper teeth - a perfect bite).

And to cure the Stargate flow - I'm doing some free writing... it involves a lemming and a psychologist.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X