No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! I'm back. How about some good ol fashioned John & Elizabeth Sparky fun.....

Prompties:
    Dining Out
    A Night At the Movies
    Yard Sale
    You Want Me to What?
    Daydream

A pretty (or two):

A challenge:

What quote do you think best represents John or Elizabeth (or both) and why?
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Quick question: is ugahill on LJ a member on the forums???

Or, *gulp*, someone on this thread and I blissfully, ignorantly haven't known???
      I'm pretty sure that's Eri13.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

Prompties:
        Dining Out
        A Night At the Movies
        Yard Sale
        You Want Me to What?
        Daydream

A pretty (or two):

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n.../before351.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...goodbye286.jpg

A challenge:

What quote do you think best represents John or Elizabeth (or both) and why?
        Ooh. I have a few ideas floating around for a Sparky drabble based on those. Might have something in the morning. Or afternoon, depending on my schedule for tomorrow.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I'm pretty sure that's Eri13.
        Aah. That would make sense.

A'right, I'm off to sleep. Night, everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

Prompties:
          Dining Out
          A Night At the Movies
          Yard Sale
          You Want Me to What?
          Daydream
          I'll take one. I'm reminding everyone that I'm not a writer, but this idea has been in my head so I had to get it out. This takes place after 38 Minutes.

Spoiler:
          You Want Me To What?

In her 4 weeks in the Pegasus galaxy, Elizabeth Weir thought she'd lost the ability to be surprised anymore. After all, what could shock you after discovering life sucking aliens?

Her second in command stood in front of her desk and asked his question again. "I want you to cut my hair. C'mon doc, I need someone I trust to do it."

"I thought Sergeant Collins was giving all the men their haircuts?" Elizabeth replied.

John made a sour face then rubbed the back of his neck.

A huge smirk came on Elizabeth's face as she said "You're afraid he's going to cut off all your hair! Do you think you're Samson and you'll lose all your power if it's gone?"

Narrowing his eyes, he replied "Very funny, doc. I'll have you know that women love my hair. They think it's sexy."

"That's what they say to your face."

John held a hand over his heart in mock hurt. "You wound me!" Then he turned the full puppy face on. "Please, Dr. Weir."

She was quickly discovering that she couldn't turn that face down. "Ok, I will. I'm not sure why you want me to do it, though."

"Great! It'll be fun. And then we can work on your hair."

Annoyed, Elizabeth responded "Are you saying there's something wrong with my hair?"

John shuffled his feet, and looking down he shyly said "I just thought it looked really nice all curly that day that Jinto went missing. I was just thinking it would be nice to see your hair like that more often."

For the second time that day, Elizabeth felt surprised and if she was honest with herself, a bit flattered. Maybe it was time to stop straigtening her curls every morning.

"C'mon Samson, let's go."

Comment

Hola, everybody!

I got RL whumped today.
            Spoiler:
            My bratty, thinks-she-can-do-whatever sister took my mom's car to drop off a friend who lives an hour north, then "conveniently" made dinner plans with her boyfriend who's a total jerk and got home 5 hours late. She yelled at my mom and Mom was extremely upset up last night so I stayed up and talked with her.

Then I woke up late this morning and found out we have to move out of our current residence because our landlord broke up with his girlfriend and needs his place back. And we thought we weren't moving again!

Now we're just waiting to see if my sister makes good on her threat to move out and get married before we move in a few months ...

All of this before I had coffee. I am ready to strangle someone.
            *hugs Shipper* Life can be a pain in the you-know-what sometimes. Thank goodness for Sparky!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Hello all! *waves* Well, I got through the whole wisdom teeth thing alright. Still not completely 100% yet, but getting there.
            Yay! So glad to hear it!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            You realize that you are now TPTB also, right? I don't know about you, but my sympathy for them grows daily.

On the schedule, I think what we will do is let the writers use the time they need and we'll publish when everything is ready to their satisfaction. So we'll say Trust will be delayed and then give everybody the heads up when it's close to ready. Maybe when it is in the final editing process. I've given this a lot of thought and have gotten several comments from people who want to know exactly when the next one will be up. They also want more places to comment aside from the discussion thread on GW and the writers' blog on the website. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't go around every day writing essentially the same comments in 4 or 5 different places. It's hard enough now with these 2-3. I like the discussion thread, but if you don't come here, you feel left out. Sorry to those people but we are already spread very thin, especially the writers and getting more websites will just lead to more duplication. Trying to please everybody is always a bad idea. I have more free time than any of you, so I'm happy to deal with the blog and the comments there. And I will call in reinforcements when I don't know the answer.

Maybe, though, we need to talk to our webmaster about a comment section directly with each chapter. I will also be glad to monitor that.

Uh, maybe. Now I have to clean up all the coffee I sprayed on my computer.

Note to ShipperWriter: Yes, I was up at zero dark thirty replying to your email, but I forgot to send sympathy for your situation. Hope everything works out.
            Regarding the fic comments, I really hope Kris can put in a section right there on the website with each story. The logical places for discussion are GW (since we did our plotting and planning here) and the SGARising website. However, we might need to branch out to another site if we get a lot of requests. Maybe we can put one person (along with a backup) in charge of monitoring each site we're on. I don't know, it's a lot to take on along with actually writing the stories.

It's a nice problem to have though. We're being discussed!
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              It's a nice problem to have though. We're being discussed!
              Though it's really frustrating when some of the 'discussions' are no more than petty nitpicking from people who seem to only want to cause trouble.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Quick question: is ugahill on LJ a member on the forums???

Or, *gulp*, someone on this thread and I blissfully, ignorantly haven't known???
                Well, I don't know about the blissful part, but ugahill is me.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I'll take one. I'm reminding everyone that I'm not a writer, but this idea has been in my head so I had to get it out. This takes place after 38 Minutes.

Spoiler:
                  You Want Me To What?

In her 4 weeks in the Pegasus galaxy, Elizabeth Weir thought she'd lost the ability to be surprised anymore. After all, what could shock you after discovering life sucking aliens?

Her second in command stood in front of her desk and asked his question again. "I want you to cut my hair. C'mon doc, I need someone I trust to do it."

"I thought Sergeant Collins was giving all the men their haircuts?" Elizabeth replied.

A huge smirk came on Elizabeth's face as she said "You're afraid he's going to cut off all your hair! Do you think you're Samson and you'll lose all your power if it's gone?"

Narrowing his eyes, he replied "Very funny, doc. I'll have you know that women love my hair. They think it's sexy."

John held a hand over his heart in mock hurt. "You wound me!" Then he turned the full puppy face on. "Please, Dr. Weir."

She was quickly discovering that she couldn't turn that face down. "Ok, I will. I'm not sure why you want me to do it, though."

Annoyed, Elizabeth responded "Are you saying there's something wrong with my hair?"

John shuffled his feet, and looking down he shyly said "I just thought it looked really nice all curly that day that Jinto went missing. I was just thinking it would be nice to see your hair like that more often."

For the second time that day, Elizabeth felt surprised and if she was honest with herself, a bit flattered. Maybe it was time to stop straigtening her curls every morning.

You're a writer! Don't ever let anyone tell you different. That was great.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Though it's really frustrating when some of the 'discussions' are no more than petty nitpicking from people who seem to only want to cause trouble.
                  OMGWTFBBQNITPICKERS!!!!!
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Still sucking the brains out of my computer before I do the reinstall. Utterly tedious.

JT-2, I really needed that cute little story to cheer me up this morning. Thanks!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

(((hugs))) Glad you made it through.

I'm glad you're here. Did you get all the info about our schedule change? I'm going to PM you my email, so I can get you anytime for writer info. I'll try to make the changes on the banners and will ask Kris about the comment section.
                      Thank you. Me too!

Yep, I think I got it.

Hi! I'm glad you're doing ok! Now it's over and you'll never have to do it again.

Lantis Kate is you? Cool!! I have a bunch of your fics bookmarked! You're a great writer!!
                      Exactly.

Yup, that's me. Thank you very much! *blushes*

Thanks for all the hugs! It's true, everything in RL hits you all at once, and it totally throws you off-balance. I'm getting back on my feet. I even got on my laptop for the first time in a week (I've been using my netbook) and I can get all my stories straightened out now, see what I need to work on. Sweet!

(((Erin)))

Hope your dentist was cute and they gave you some good drugs.
                      Thank you. Yep, I'm lovin' me some pain killers about right now.

Spoiler:
                      You Want Me To What?

Awwww!!!! So cute!! ^^

(Why does GW not have a proper aww face smiley!!??)

Yay! So glad to hear it!
                      Thanks!
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

*gaack* Correcting format errors on SGARising. Blind.

Anyway, everyone who hasn't read the comment section on my last Writers' Block entry needs to go and see all our fan support. Some of the questions are quite interesting and surprising.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*huggles GW's ignore-feature to stop stupid people from causing any more blood pressure alarms to go off*

It makes me happy to have this feature - so much bliss from using it.

Anyway...

And FH, I gave you credit for the 2 banners I was told were yours.
                          Considering I was like - "Heh, I made two banners " - and had to check the site to remember the banners in question.... I wasn't really thinking about the credits.

*goes to check the site*

And then I'm putting my gay self down in front of Star Trek Voyager and enjoy some Seven of Nine awesomeness.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You're a writer! Don't ever let anyone tell you different. That was great.
                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            JT-2, I really needed that cute little story to cheer me up this morning. Thanks!
                            Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                            Awwww!!!! So cute!! ^^

(Why does GW not have a proper aww face smiley!!??)
                            Thanks, guys!

Comment

Spoiler:
                              You Want Me To What?

YAY! Great ficlet - loved it - thank you!
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

*hugs Shipper* Life can be a pain in the you-know-what sometimes. Thank goodness for Sparky!
                                Yuh-huh. But it gets better. One day at a time. One Sparky fic at a time.

Speaking of which, JT, I forgot to quote it, but loved your lil fic!!! Great job!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                Well, I don't know about the blissful part, but ugahill is me.
                                Got it! I'd seen the name floating around a few times, so I wanted to check!

One question, then I can write my ficlet for "You Want Me to Do What?": When did Kavanaugh (or Kavanagh, or ) leave Atlantis? Just the season, don't need to be too specific.

One word for this ficlet: strip.

Comment

Working...
                                X