Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *salutes* Don't worry, we've got your back. Besides, you're the showrunner. You're supposed to make the tough decisions.
    *goes to take more BP meds*
    Spoiler:

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Thanks for putting the chapter up! I've been looking forward to it all day. I think you made the right decision. It was easy enough to scroll down, after all.

And poor Teyla! She's getting some emotional whumping! You can just imagine her thinking "oh come on, people!"

I watched Aurora this afternoon. Elizabeth was so cute in her scene with Ronon, all flustered.
    I can just see Rachel saying she can't wait to sink her teeth into Teyla's role in this. LOL I love what they've done with her character.

The site should be working well now, BTW.

And yet she still hasn't called us rodents or robots or ANYTHING!

I'm disappointed.
    Oh, you don't know what I've said behind the scenes. I really do need to start a blog.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    i'm only enjoying it cause you guys make it so enjoyable.
    Aw, shucks. Our adoring fans inspire us. *takes a modest bow*
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I can just see Rachel saying she can't wait to sink her teeth into Teyla's role in this. LOL I love what they've done with her character.

The site should be working well now, BTW.

Oh, you don't know what I've said behind the scenes. I really do need to start a blog.

Aw, shucks. Our adoring fans inspire us. *takes a modest bow*
      *LOLOLOLOL* at that gif!!! But that you for managing--it's so much more appreciated than I can say.

Teyla's getting some really good stuff--and it's fun! I also think we're giving Ronon some good stuff, too. By the time we get to BOD we're going to have so much good Pegasus Galaxy native material--awesome you guys!

And personally I can't wait to read about Ronon's emotions story in the second half. That and the McKay 'groundhog day' storyline are two I'm eagerly anticipating.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        *LOLOLOLOL* at that gif!!! But that you for managing--it's so much more appreciated than I can say.

Teyla's getting some really good stuff--and it's fun! I also think we're giving Ronon some good stuff, too. By the time we get to BOD we're going to have so much good Pegasus Galaxy native material--awesome you guys!

And personally I can't wait to read about Ronon's emotions story in the second half. That and the McKay 'groundhog day' storyline are two I'm eagerly anticipating.
        I love that gif too. How perfect.

Funny story about the Ronon emotions episode. For some reason I had it in my head that it was going to be episode 8. Needless to say, I went into a panic wondering how I was going to get it written. Then I checked and it's actually #18. Big whew! But I'm going to need lots and lots of input on the details. And the fact that JF said he was looking forward to that one specifically has me scared spitless.

Now I have to go vacuum up all the red hair I pulled out last night. Maybe I should save it and make a little hair piece.
        sigpic

Comment

I love that gif too. How perfect.

Funny story about the Ronon emotions episode. For some reason I had it in my head that it was going to be episode 8. Needless to say, I went into a panic wondering how I was going to get it written. Then I checked and it's actually #18. Big whew! But I'm going to need lots and lots of input on the details. And the fact that JF said he was looking forward to that one specifically has me scared spitless.

Now I have to go vacuum up all the red hair I pulled out last night. Maybe I should save it and make a little hair piece.
          Whoa! 166 people on sgarising.com

Re the emotions ep, that was the one I was dreading the most until I thought about it some more. For some reason, I was thinking he would 'emote' like Counsellor Troi (pain, paaaaiiiiin or something like that) which was a serious turnoff. But when I realised what it would entail, and what an insight he'd be able to get into other people's psyche, it's actually a good premise and I'm looking forward to it. I have a hunch about what the 'other' plot might be
          Last edited by gateraid; 17 June 2011, 05:38 AM. Reason: 116 is not the same as 166. Gater is overdue for sleep *zzzzzzzzzzzzz*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Whoa! 166 people on sgarising.com

Re the emotions ep, that was the one I was dreading the most until I thought about it some more. For some reason, I was thinking he would 'emote' like Counsellor Troi (pain, paaaaiiiiin or something like that) which was a serious turnoff. But when I realised what it would entail, and what an insight he'd be able to get into other people's psyche, it's actually a good premise and I'm looking forward to it. I have a hunch about what the 'other' plot might be
            Hey buddy, clean out your PM box so I can answer your message. Thanks.

The male perspective on this is crucial because I'm thinking a combination of a severe case of PMS coupled with an overload of testosterone = Trouble. I'm thinking he will
            Spoiler:
            have emotion overload at first and then will start trying to use his gift to help people. But remember, this is designed to be a humorous one, just not cracky. I may need help restraining me with that. LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Eeek! Maybe we should call this Freaky Friday instead.

Seriously though, you've been utterly awesome riding herd on everything. *BIG HUGS*

Muahahaha...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

You and me both! Good clean team fun, at its finest.

The male perspective on this is crucial because I'm thinking a combination of a severe case of PMS coupled with an overload of testosterone = Trouble. I'm thinking he will
              Spoiler:
              have emotion overload at first and then will start trying to use his gift to help people. But remember, this is designed to be a humorous one, just not cracky. I may need help restraining me with that. LOL
              PMS + testosterone = trouble? ZOMG! This is gonna be insane! In a good way, of course.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey, good afternoon! Nice to finally see you all again!

For those that were on Twitter yesterday, I am feeling much better, thank you! It just took a nap to set me to right!

Went and read Chapter 2. SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!! It was great!
                Spoiler:
                I like the line you put in there, where Mayel reminds Teyla of Elizabeth. Hmm, I wonder who else she will remind ...

And I can totally see Teyla and Ronan and Kanaan setting off on their journey. For some reason, that mental image steered me to "The Goonies". Wow, do I have issues. LOL

And yeah, weird messaging boxes. Good thing I know the [codes] so I don't have to go advanced and change everything. Zoikes!
                Last edited by ShipperWriter; 17 June 2011, 08:18 AM. Reason: And I STILL had to go edit it. Wrong smilie.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  But crack is fun!!!

Comment

But crack is fun!!!
                    Crack is good ... with the exception of a few "Irrs" ... ... but it would be hilarious to see Ronan's soft side. If he has one.

ROFLing.

Comment

So, I had this little plot bunny while on the treadmill this morning. A snippet from my Ronon the Empath story, which we are tentatively calling "Feelings". If anyone comes up with a better title, I'm all ears. Anyway, I can see this little scene happening early in the episode.

Spoiler:
                      John scrunched up his face, squared his shoulders and reached out to ring the chime on Ronon's door. He thought he heard a familiar growl, so he opened the door and stepped inside. Ronon, who was standing with his back to the door, took a quick swipe at his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt but didn't turn around.

“How's it going, buddy?” John asked, taking another cautious step forward.

Ronon shrugged.

John looked around at the usual disarray, hoping for inspiration. “Look, ah...Woolsey wanted me to let you know that Rodney and the rest of the geeks are working on your problem, but...uh...so far...”

“Nothing.” Ronon finished for him and took another dab at his face with the tail of his shirt.

John felt encouraged that at least the big man hadn't ordered him to go away, so he came further into the room and circled around to come face to face with his friend.

“Is there, you know, anything I can...”

John was never able to complete his sentence because in a blink he found himself lifted by a handful of his shirtfront and slammed, none too gently, against the wall. Left with his toes dangling, John wasn't sure whether to try gripping the wall behind him or to risk grabbing onto Ronon's heaving shoulders to steady himself.

“You can leave me the hell alone. And don't call Rodney a geek. He thinks you are a real friend of his.” Ronon said and dropped John in a tumbled heap on the floor.

John wasted no time scrambling to his feet and back-peddling toward the door, tripping over his feet in the process.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Crack is good ... with the exception of a few "Irrs" ... ... but it would be hilarious to see Ronan's soft side. If he has one.

ROFLing.
                        I'm glad you're feeling better!

Those weren't crack. I'm not sure what the word for it is (and doubt I could say it on a PG forum).

Oh yeah, I wanted to say that in the latest chapter I liked the brief mention of Amelia. That's not really a ship I care about, either way, but I'm glad it wasn't simply ignored (like some others might do )

Of course Ronon has a soft side! He hugged Rodney in Tao of Rodney, and was all sweet while thanking Elizabeth in Adrift. Just don't ask him to meditate or he might But he was sweet with Teyla when she announced her pregnancy, too. His "don't look at me" still cracks me up.

Comment

So, I had this little plot bunny while on the treadmill this morning. A snippet from my Ronon the Empath story, which we are tentatively calling "Feelings". If anyone comes up with a better title, I'm all ears. Anyway, I can see this little scene happening early in the episode.

Spoiler:
                          John scrunched up his face, squared his shoulders and reached out to ring the chime on Ronon's door. He thought he heard a familiar growl, so he opened the door and stepped inside. Ronon, who was standing with his back to the door, took a quick swipe at his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt but didn't turn around.

Ronon shrugged.

John looked around at the usual disarray, hoping for inspiration. “Look, ah...Woolsey wanted me to let you know that Rodney and the rest of the geeks are working on your problem, but...uh...so far...”

“Nothing.” Ronon finished for him and took another dab at his face with the tail of his shirt.

John felt encouraged that at least the big man hadn't ordered him to go away, so he came further into the room and circled around to come face to face with his friend.

John was never able to complete his sentence because in a blink he found himself lifted by a handful of his shirtfront and slammed, none too gently, against the wall. Left with his toes dangling, John wasn't sure whether to try gripping the wall behind him or to risk grabbing onto Ronon's heaving shoulders to steady himself.

“You can leave me the hell alone. And don't call Rodney a geek. He thinks you are a real friend of his.” Ronon said and dropped John in a tumbled heap on the floor.

John wasted no time scrambling to his feet and back-peddling toward the door, tripping over his feet in the process.
                          That is AWESOME!!!!!!!

That wasn't even an episode I was particularly looking forward to (not sure why) but now I'm super excited about it!

Comment

Spoiler:

Ronon shrugged.

Haha! Makes wanting to read it even better!

Too bad I have to write Evolution and both parts of Primum Movens before I can even think about it.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Those weren't crack. I'm not sure what the word for it is (and doubt I could say it on a PG forum).

Oh yeah, I wanted to say that in the latest chapter I liked the brief mention of Amelia. That's not really a ship I care about, either way, but I'm glad it wasn't simply ignored (like some others might do )

Of course Ronon has a soft side! He hugged Rodney in Tao of Rodney, and was all sweet while thanking Elizabeth in Adrift. Just don't ask him to meditate or he might But he was sweet with Teyla when she announced her pregnancy, too. His "don't look at me" still cracks me up.
                              Thanks. If it's canon, we can't ignore it.

Everyone should also go read the comments I've gotten on the writers' blog. Our fans appreciate us for sticking to canon and keeping the characters true to the show. Someone even thinks we are TPTB in disguise. LOL

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!

That wasn't even an episode I was particularly looking forward to (not sure why) but now I'm super excited about it!
                              Thanks, but it's going to be a long wait. So far that's all I have written. I'm picturing Ronon having emotional moments with everybody of one sort or another. And maybe there might be someone who's afraid to be around him in case he knows what they are feeling. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Just finished Chapter 2 and heres my opinion

Spoiler:
                                I think Mayel is going to be the female version of Kolya, or Ladon is following his masters old tricks. Tsk Tsk Tsk
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X