Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I've just about conquered checking the forum on the iPad. Once I bookmarked the thread it was much better, but my desktop is still faster. My fingers get in their own way on the iPad. However, I am rocking the eBooks. Currently, I'm reading Pride and Prejudice. I had forgotten how amusing that book is. John is kind of a Mr. Darcy of a sorts and well, there's Elizabeth. I love the way he's so taken with her but just keeps gazing at her and won't admit it. Hello, John Sheppard.
    It's a lot easier to write on the iPad with a stylus, let me tell you! Currently using the Pogo Sketch by Ten One Design. Cute, compact, and does the job well. We'll see how the tip holds up.

OMG, Mr. Darcy. Be still, my heart. Heehee!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello Sparkilicious world!

I'm still here. Not active but I'm here. Real life is very intense for the moment with my new job.
      I hope everybody is fine (not like me. I'm sick grrrr).
      Maybe someone can post a fic for me; please.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post

I'm still here. Not active but I'm here. Real life is very intense for the moment with my new job.
        *pounces on Probie*

I will write you fic too... I think it'll be cracky though...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Your timing is perfect daughter. My comments earlier gave me a huge plot bunny and I wrote this little snippet. Only beta'd by me so forgive me if it's not perfect.

What books do you think they would download if they all had iPads? Just think of the possibilities from the free ones alone. It boggles. A whole series of plot bunnies could come from this. What apps would they have? Screensavers? Photos?

Spoiler:
          John Sheppard was just planning to check out for the day with the gate technician and head to his quarters when a totally unexpected sound coming from Elizabeth Weir's office stopped him in his tracks. Laughter. Not just the usual polite chuckle she sometimes gave in reply to his jokes, but a hearty belly laugh. This needed further investigation.

John raised both eyebrows at the Sergeant, who shrugged in reply.

“Elizabeth?” John paused at the door, reluctant to intrude.

The usually unflappable Dr. Weir set her iPad flat on the desk and looked up, her face wreathed in a huge grin. “Oh, hi John.”

John advanced slowly and tried to see what was on her pad, not able to imagine what could be so fascinating.

“So,” he asked, “somebody's mission report must be more interesting than usual. I hope it's not one of mine.” He winced and twisted his head to peer closer at the small screen.

“Pride and Prejudice, “ she replied, tipping the screen toward him. “I had forgotten what a simply delightful read this book is.”

“Ah,” John said, “I didn't know that particular book was a comedy.”

“Oh, it's not really, but it's just so very amusing how Jane Austen satirized society and relationships.”

John winced a little as if to express total disbelief that a book on those topics could ever interest him.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and started to gather up her things.

“I gather Lorne's team checked out okay,” she said, switching back into leader mode.

“According to Carson,” John replied, “they were all fine. I just came from the infirmary.”

“Well good, I was just waiting to hear before turning in.” Elizabeth picked up her iPad and came around her desk.

“You know,” Elizabeth said, as they nodded to Chuck and walked side by side down the corridor, “there is a character in Pride and Prejudice that sort of reminds me of you.”

“Really, who would that be?”

“Mr. Darcy. Like you, he's a bit aloof and doesn't suffer fools very well. Sometimes he's quite grumpy actually.”

“You think I'm aloof. Wait. And grumpy?” John's eyebrows shot up.

“You've been known to be.” Elizabeth smirked at him. “Mr. Darcy doesn't feel the need to observe all the little rituals of polite society and sometimes doesn't make the very best impression.”

“Sounds like my kinda guy.”

“And there's also a character named Elizabeth.”

“Really? What's she like?”

“Oh, she's very smart and a very good judge of character.”

“Sounds familiar. So I gather she hooks up with this Darcy guy.”

“Nope, she can't stand him.”

“Really?”

“Yep. And at first he can't stand her but after he realizes what a marvelous catch she is and all around terrific person, he changes his mind.”

“Ah, and then they hook up.”

“There's no hooking up, John. This is the 19th Century.”

John looked disappointed. “Sounds boring.”

“Boring it most surely is not.”

“Well, so what does Darcy do? Cry himself to sleep. Oh, I know, he asks her father for her hand in marriage.”

Elizabeth stopped walking and glared at him. “Do I make fun of your reading material?”

John thought for a moment. “You teased me about my Sudoku puzzles last week.”

“You were hiding them inside your laptop during a meeting.” Elizabeth started walking again, and John continued beside her.

“But they do get together, right?”

“I'll let you borrow my iPad so you can read it for yourself. You could benefit from a bit of culture.”

John winced again, but nodded in agreement. “We can trade,” he said. “I loaded mine up with the whole Zane Grey collection while we were on Earth. Nothing like a good western.”

“Great...we'll trade.”

They had reached Elizabeth's door without either realizing that in actuality he had just walked her home, and when it hit them both simultaneously, a bit of awkwardness ensued.

“I'll, uh, see you tomorrow,” John stammered a bit and shoved his hands in his pockets.

“See, now even Mr. Darcy would know exactly the right thing to say after walking a lady home,” Elizabeth teased.

“If you think I'm going to bow and air kiss your hand, you're nuts.”

“See what I mean,” she teased as the door swished open. “Grumpy.”

“I am not grumpy.” John replied, but stood grinning at the closed door before heading to the nearest transporter.

“I wonder if Heightmeyer is still up,” he thought. “She seems like the type to have read that stupid book. Maybe she will tell me what happens.”

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hiya, Probie! Good to see you around!

Ugh, being sick is not happy! *sends chicken soup*

SR, that ficlet is so adorkable! Definitely sounds like the start of a hilarious new series! I sure want to see what Kate says when John asks her about P&P, heehee!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Kate's iPad background:

Spoiler:

Me of course.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi all. All this talk of iPads makes me really want one. I was using my android phone in the ER last night (damn kidney stone!) to read the thread. But I would never attempt to post using the phone. That would be way too frustrating.

Oh, and I finally got a twitter account so I could follow SGA Rising, and the actors and stuff. SR - sorry I followed you for a minute there - it did it when I signed up. But I removed it. I'm not stalking you, I promise!

Good morning Sparkies. Let's start the day with some old school Sparky.

This is my double liplick manip.

Spoiler:
                Yum!!

Awww, thanks. That makes me feel much better and I probably won't even need to eat cookies for lunch. Maybe. I love Josh.
                I'm currently in love with his song "Hidden Away". It's a great Sparky song too.
                Spoiler:

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Lookie, we got into the motel early! Let the fumigation begin, Ahahahah!
                I hope it's not going to take too long!

Hi there! Good luck with the job. I hope you feel better soon.

Your timing is perfect daughter. My comments earlier gave me a huge plot bunny and I wrote this little snippet. Only beta'd by me so forgive me if it's not perfect.

What books do you think they would download if they all had iPads? Just think of the possibilities from the free ones alone. It boggles. A whole series of plot bunnies could come from this. What apps would they have? Screensavers? Photos?

Spoiler:
                John Sheppard was just planning to check out for the day with the gate technician and head to his quarters when a totally unexpected sound coming from Elizabeth Weir's office stopped him in his tracks. Laughter. Not just the usual polite chuckle she sometimes gave in reply to his jokes, but a hearty belly laugh. This needed further investigation.

The usually unflappable Dr. Weir set her iPad flat on the desk and looked up, her face wreathed in a huge grin. “Oh, hi John.”

John advanced slowly and tried to see what was on her pad, not able to imagine what could be so fascinating.

“So,” he asked, “somebody's mission report must be more interesting than usual. I hope it's not one of mine.” He winced and twisted his head to peer closer at the small screen.

“Pride and Prejudice, “ she replied, tipping the screen toward him. “I had forgotten what a simply delightful read this book is.”

“Oh, it's not really, but it's just so very amusing how Jane Austen satirized society and relationships.”

John winced a little as if to express total disbelief that a book on those topics could ever interest him.

“I gather Lorne's team checked out okay,” she said, switching back into leader mode.

“According to Carson,” John replied, “they were all fine. I just came from the infirmary.”

“Well good, I was just waiting to hear before turning in.” Elizabeth picked up her iPad and came around her desk.

“You know,” Elizabeth said, as they nodded to Chuck and walked side by side down the corridor, “there is a character in Pride and Prejudice that sort of reminds me of you.”

“Mr. Darcy. Like you, he's a bit aloof and doesn't suffer fools very well. Sometimes he's quite grumpy actually.”

“You've been known to be.” Elizabeth smirked at him. “Mr. Darcy doesn't feel the need to observe all the little rituals of polite society and sometimes doesn't make the very best impression.”

“Really?”

“Yep. And at first he can't stand her but after he realizes what a marvelous catch she is and all around terrific person, he changes his mind.”

“Well, so what does Darcy do? Cry himself to sleep. Oh, I know, he asks her father for her hand in marriage.”

Elizabeth stopped walking and glared at him. “Do I make fun of your reading material?”

“You were hiding them inside your laptop during a meeting.” Elizabeth started walking again, and John continued beside her.

“I'll let you borrow my iPad so you can read it for yourself. You could benefit from a bit of culture.”

John winced again, but nodded in agreement. “We can trade,” he said. “I loaded mine up with the whole Zane Grey collection while we were on Earth. Nothing like a good western.”

“Great...we'll trade.”

They had reached Elizabeth's door without either realizing that in actuality he had just walked her home, and when it hit them both simultaneously, a bit of awkwardness ensued.

“I'll, uh, see you tomorrow,” John stammered a bit and shoved his hands in his pockets.

“See, now even Mr. Darcy would know exactly the right thing to say after walking a lady home,” Elizabeth teased.

“I am not grumpy.” John replied, but stood grinning at the closed door before heading to the nearest transporter.

“I wonder if Heightmeyer is still up,” he thought. “She seems like the type to have read that stupid book. Maybe she will tell me what happens.”

Squeeeeeeeeee!! That was so great. I could totally imagine that happening.

My favorite Austen book is Persuasion. Gotta reread that one soon.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Kate's iPad background:

Spoiler:

Me of course.

Comment

Hey Sparkies whats new in the Sparky world?
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

Who wants to earn themselves a Sparky drabble and vote Kate/Teyla to third place here?

I've heard bribing helps sometimes.
                    I was a little late and put them in fourth. Does that still count?
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Hi all. All this talk of iPads makes me really want one. I was using my android phone in the ER last night (damn kidney stone!) to read the thread. But I would never attempt to post using the phone. That would be way too frustrating.
                      Kidney stone! Since it sounds like you are home now I hope you had an easy time passing it. I remember when my dad had one. The seem really painful.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        I was a little late and put them in fourth. Does that still count?
                        I think she wanted them in third...

Oh I am writing a oneshot where Elizabeth kinda saves John for a whump challenge.....and you'll never guess who she is saving him from....
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          I think she wanted them in third...

Oh I am writing a oneshot where Elizabeth kinda saves John for a whump challenge.....and you'll never guess who she is saving him from....
                          Do I get a hint?

Comment

Was it just me or did anyone else who saw Ferocious Planet scream "storage closet" during that first scene? Just sayin'. And it looked like he lived in there....or something. I mean he did have to button his shirt. Almost like he had not been completely dressed a while ago...just babbling. Nothing to see here. If you haven't seen it.

Spoiler:
                            GAH! Well, I was watching an episode of "Chuck" and two of the main characters, when they first met in med school, are making the most of a storage closet. I almosted started ROFLing!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            I was roped into watching Tangled by my seven-year-old nephew. I admit to looking at him a little weird when he mentioned it because it seemed like such a 'girly' movie and he's not a fan of stuff like Beauty and the Beast, etc. But he loved Flynn and the horse and after watching it, I found it wasn't really girly at all, though it had some great romantic moments. I totally loved it and am going to buy it this weekend.

Of course, I loved Flynn best too, but for completely different reasons.
                            Oh really? What reasons? Do tell.

I'm seeing a lot of people mention sexual tension, and this makes me curious--what scenes are you specifically thinking of? Because other than Hot Zone and these pretty moments from First Strike:

Spoiler:

I don't really see it in the traditional sense of the Moonlighting litmus test. For me, they synced so well that they just fit and their banter definitely displayed an unmatched chemistry. But unlike, say, Castle, where the duo are friends and yet the tension appears in those moments when one or the other is romantically involved with someone else or they talk about what they mean to each other, I never really saw that with Sparky. Even something like this scene, which came close, wasn't necessarily tense to me, just playful and full of sparks:

So--I'm totally curious. Since I don't see it, what do you see? I'd love to know what people consider sexually tense moments. And how do you define sexual tension?
                            In the true sense of the definition of sexual tension, there is none. Not even Hot Zone. If you count that, you have to count the arguments in Rising. But if you expand it to include any flirting, then the desk sitting and the coffee scene in The Intruder certainly fit. I think in my case, it's an overall feel to their relationship, the way he sometimes used a different tone of voice with her, his seeming need for her approval and the way they seemed to be drawn to each other. I would give it more of a romantic vibe than sexual, and to me that's even better. Because if they had thrown overtly sexual moments at us that made it look like we had to ship them, it would have turned me off.

I hope this makes sense.

One last thought. There was something that made my friend S definitively state that they were in love after only seeing S1. I doubt she could even put her finger on what that was.
                            I guess I think of sexual tension as more of a 'romantic potential,' for lack of a better phrase. It's the easy and familiar way they act around each other, and the physical and emotional comfort level they have around each other. John can sit on Elizabeth's desk, or lean over her shoulder when she's working on something, totally getting into her personal space, and she doesn't mind at all. They can argue about issues they disagree on, but it doesn't get in the way of standing together and having each other's back when someone else tries to shove their way in. They've fit themselves together so well as friends and coworkers that it just seems a logical conclusion that they could and should be more than that. At least, that's how I'd explain it.
                            Uh, yeah. What they said.

Would the Gateroom set fit in a Quonset hut?
                            Oh. We'll make it happen. Details, details. Hmm.

Yeah, I totally got the 'living out of a storage closet' vibe. Once he mentioned his boat and the coming end of his service, I got the feeling that he was just living out of a suitcase and counting down the days until he could get outta there. Heehee!
                            Yeah, I just watched the snippet that SR posted teh link to, and I got the same feeling. Especially when he pulled the razor and the bottle out of the "For Emergency Only" box. I mean, c'mon! Couldn't be more obvious.

However, it does make me wonder: what kind of living quarters did John have when he was assigned to McMurdo???

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Thanks for the answers--I love the insight.

Y'all, I'm having such fun writing Trust! It's definitely much easier to do something that is more character specific. And getting into stuff that's relevant both from the past and for the future--it's fun. I can't wait to get to the action--I'm hoping that'll be easier than RTP, I. I have a feeling it will be.

Anyways, here's a scene with Teyla and Mayel, including little ship teaser for a certain ship we plan to blow up, but can have fun with beforehand.

Spoiler:

A third scan of the mess brought sight of a Pegasus native, but not the one she wished to see. Mayel Serrana stood at the doorway, searching the tables until she found Teyla seated alone and proceeded to make her way across the room.

Considering what Mayel had said during the conference, Teyla did not feel at the moment disposed to speak with her, but she could not very well ignore her. The Genii reached her, gesturing with a hand at the empty chair across from her. “May I sit down?”

“Please,” Teyla replied, though she could not restrain the unwelcoming tone which entered her voice.

Mayel did not overlook this either. She clasped hand hands upon the table. “You are angry with me—I’m sorry if I offended you earlier.”

Teyla had not been expecting a remark of this nature. “I…”

“Please understand. I speak on behalf of my people, but also for those who are in the Pegasus Coalition. As a representative of them, I cannot overlook the fact that one race of people—even those threatened with extinction—can hold more importance over another if the one resource we all need, Atlantis, will be threatened.”

Teyla shifted. “I do not wish to threaten Atlantis, even to save my people. I would not ask that of them.”

“No, but they will do so anyway because they are loyal to you, Teyla, and will help the Athosians in any way possible. My role, then, is to make sure they at least understand the risks that they may be taking if they go to such great lengths, as they have done before.

“If I could save my people with their aid, I would do so—don’t think I don’t understand your need. But know that, though I respect you, I cannot support everything you propose, especially if it is of a great risk and may threaten the future of all of us. You may not like me for it or you may resent me for it, and this I accept. But please, understand why I must speak out. I do not wish my actions to interfere with the role you or the Athosians will play in the future of the Coalition.”

Teyla studied her. She was well trained as a Genii; if there was any misdirection or deception in her statements, it was not perceptible on the surface. “Thank you for your candor. I do understand, though I do not fully agree. But it will not affect how either Kanaan or I regard the Coalition.”

A soft smile flitted across Mayel’s face, and she rose. “I am glad. I respect you, Teyla, and I wish you to be a part of this.”

As she turned to leave, Teyla tilted her head. “Colonel Sheppard understands your position as well, better than I. He may agree with it, actually.”

Mayel turned back, her face empty of emotion. “Why should what John Sheppard believes matter? He does not represent Atlantis in the Coalition.”

“What Colonel Sheppard believes matters very much, as his voice is one of great importance in this city.” Teyla said. “Having his support and understanding makes a great many things much…easier.”

The Genii blinked at her. “I…thank you. For your insight. Goodbye, Teyla.”

“Goodbye. Mayel.” The girl strode back through the mess, her hair bouncing upon her shoulders. Despite her feelings at the moment—and the failure of Ronon to yet appear—Teyla found herself smiling.
                            SQUEE!!! SGARising FTW!!! Nice little treat, thanks, Eri!!!

Definitely not a "girly" movie - I even invented a new tag-line for it...

The things you can do with a frying pan... baking is optional.
                            Hey, when you gotta defend yourself ... hahaha ...

Zipping through Atlantis, jamming transporter traffic.
                            Um-hmm. Remember in NCIS how Gibbs and Co. are always smacking teh emergency stop button to have some meaningful or private discussion in the elevator? Well, I'm pretty sure the Ancients installed that nifty little feature in their lifts, too!

Good morning Sparkies. Let's start the day with some old school Sparky.

This is my double liplick manip.

Spoiler:
                            Gotta love old school.

*continues in next post*

Comment

*too many characters in last post, so making it two. And upping my lousy post count. *

Good morning, Sparkies! Lookie, we got into the motel early! Let the fumigation begin, Ahahahah!
                              Oh, geez, that doesn't sound like fun! Ergo, the evil laugh. LOL

And can I just say that I LOVE MY IPAD! So much easier to read and reply on the forum on the go with this thing!
                              I've just about conquered checking the forum on the iPad. Once I bookmarked the thread it was much better, but my desktop is still faster. My fingers get in their own way on the iPad. However, I am rocking the eBooks. Currently, I'm reading Pride and Prejudice. I had forgotten how amusing that book is. John is kind of a Mr. Darcy of a sorts and well, there's Elizabeth. I love the way he's so taken with her but just keeps gazing at her and won't admit it. Hello, John Sheppard.
                              It's a lot easier to write on the iPad with a stylus, let me tell you! Currently using the Pogo Sketch by Ten One Design. Cute, compact, and does the job well. We'll see how the tip holds up.

OMG, Mr. Darcy. Be still, my heart. Heehee!
                              Sounds like y'all are havin fun with your iPads!!! And yeah, I can see a Sparky/P&P connection ... Of course, every time I watch a Jane Austen adaptation, I spend part of the ime trying to figure out how I can turn it into a Sparky story. Then the fic bunnies finish drinking their carrot liquer and start beating me with shot glasses, telling me to concentrate on my other WIPs. Maybe try to actually finish one of them!!!

Then I wake up, wondering why I am dreaming about drunk bunnies.

*glomps Probie*

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but good to see you nonetheless!!!

Spoiler:

“Really?”

“Great...we'll trade.”

Ya know, I was thinkin:
                              Spoiler:
                              The iPad wasn't released until April 2010, so they wouldn't have had iPads on Atlantis (darn it!), but you could totally put this little scene into an eppy after Elizabeth comes back. I think it would be awesome. If it's in line with canon, and in character, and other things you've already thought of. Hee.

Hiya, Probie! Good to see you around!

Ugh, being sick is not happy! *sends chicken soup*

SR, that ficlet is so adorkable! Definitely sounds like the start of a hilarious new series! I sure want to see what Kate says when John asks her about P&P, heehee!
                              Kate's iPad background:

Spoiler:

Me of course.
                              Of course.

And BTW, FH, I LOVE your avatar! Minions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Do I get a hint?
                                Maybe.....
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X