Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I'd like to see John go all "Highlander" on Oberoth. Off with his head!
    Or what's even better. Elizabeth is the Queen of Hearts.....You know she can just order his head off for trying to split her and John up....
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      *sings* there can be only one! Oh damn you, now you've given me an idea. John as Highlander? And Elizabeth as his eternal love, you know, the woman who's meant for him and he falls in love with her, every time she's born and alive, her every reincarnation?
      OMFG! Do it! Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!!!!! (bonus points, of course, for getting John into a kilt, the cheeky boy)

I am such an enabler, and proud of it.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

ZOMG, I just found a bunch of yummy new Elizabeth and Sparky icons, animated gifs and a couple of wallpapers. They're all so cute! Now I have to decide which ones I want to upload on my LJ!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Now I can have epic Sparky GIFs to decorate my tumblr
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

I'll have you know, you've now got me having "Highlander" flashbacks. Don't lose your head!

LOL, don't even misplace it! Heads are quite necessary.
            Really... darn it! Cause I could do without my head sometimes.

*sings* there can be only one! Oh damn you, now you've given me an idea. John as Highlander? And Elizabeth as his eternal love, you know, the woman who's meant for him and he falls in love with her, every time she's born and alive, her every reincarnation?
            Havocthecat wrote a Highlander story once, though it's Kate/John. Set after Doppelganger, I think, where Kate's an immortal and John's going to be one. I'm not entirely in the know about that show but I know an immortal is killed through decapitation and there's something called a Quickening. Anyway, such a story exists though it's not Sparky.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*cracks up* Really? Wow, that is a crazy coincidence! I just snagged that pic because it's a great pic of a Red Velvet Cake. Which is, of course, the official cake of Sparky.
              What are the carry-on rules this week? If I get to go to LA, I suppose I must bring some cake!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              Spoiler:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]29071[/ATTACH]

Hmmmm. Personal space much? Or more correctly, not much?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29069[/ATTACH]
              Hickory dickory dock
              I really need some co....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29067[/ATTACH]

co.....lonel Sheppard! I was just thinking about you
              she was thinking about his cognac collection, get your mind out of the gutter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29068[/ATTACH]
              That...is the best thing....I have seen all week! Too dang funny!

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              SGA Meme - Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships

Spoiler:
              HAPPY SUNDAY SPARKIES! Hope you enjoy the picspam......

Spoiler:

And more yummy eye candy! There are some fantastic Shep expressions in those pics, love 'em!

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
              A gift for everyone....I have to say I am the most proud of this one!
              Spoiler:

Very pretty, though I can't make out all the wording...

ZOMG, I just found a bunch of They're all so cute! Now I have to decide which ones I want to upload on my LJ!
              Too much...eye...candy...sugar shock imminent....

And...if that's not enough of the long pauses......the icing on my red velvet cake is twofold:
              1) Stargate Ren!!!!! (I am beginning to forget how to use contractions the more I read- and forgetting what decade I'm in the more I catch up on posts and read Stargate Ren!) and
              2) May I present for your gracious consideration- Netflix! A few people have mentioned not having all the epps on DVD- I am lucky enough to have them- but now I can be lazy enough to stream live whenever, where ever and I never have to figure out which Farscape box I inadvertently placed the SGA disc in.

So this is my plan: run to get red velvet cake, stream SGA on my external monitor and read Stargate Ren on the laptop monitor (pausing to observe all of the best sparky moments). Holy cow batman! Slumber party?

*someone mention a 12 step program?*
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

SGA Meme - Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause

Hmmmm....that would have to be a LOT of the infirmary scenes in "Duet". Hewlett portraying Rodney who was being "possessed" by Cadman were hilarious. Sorry I can't narrow it down to one specific scene, I just remember laughing a lot during that episode.
                sigpic
                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  What are the carry-on rules this week? If I get to go to LA, I suppose I must bring some cake!
                  Mmmm... caaaaake.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  Too much...eye...candy...sugar shock imminent....

And...if that's not enough of the long pauses......the icing on my red velvet cake is twofold:
                  1) Stargate Ren!!!!! (I am beginning to forget how to use contractions the more I read- and forgetting what decade I'm in the more I catch up on posts and read Stargate Ren!) and
                  2) May I present for your gracious consideration- Netflix! A few people have mentioned not having all the epps on DVD- I am lucky enough to have them- but now I can be lazy enough to stream live whenever, where ever and I never have to figure out which Farscape box I inadvertently placed the SGA disc in.

So this is my plan: run to get red velvet cake, stream SGA on my external monitor and read Stargate Ren on the laptop monitor (pausing to observe all of the best sparky moments). Holy cow batman! Slumber party?

*someone mention a 12 step program?*
                  Slumber party? I am so THERE! And I'll bring some bottles of port. (Yes, that's an obscure Stargate!Ren reference for those that haven't read the series. Hint: it comes up during Season 2.)

Comment

I always thought they should do something with John and a sword or actually a sabre like a Zorro type thing. I can picture him as a Scarlet Pimpernel type character. Joe is so athletic. He could have picked up fencing in a snap. *pictures big puffy sleeves on a white shirt* And I can see John swooping down on a rope, grabbing Elizabeth around the waist and swooping off again. *flaily flail*
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I always thought they should do something with John and a sword or actually a sabre like a Zorro type thing. I can picture him as a Scarlet Pimpernel type character. Joe is so athletic. He could have picked up fencing in a snap. *pictures big puffy sleeves on a white shirt* And I can see John swooping down on a rope, grabbing Elizabeth around the waist and swooping off again. *flaily flail*
                      One word......win.
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

I can totally see John's daddy insisting on fencing lessons when John and David were kids. 'Cause, you know, rich families like the Sheppards do stuff like that. John, of course, secretly LOVED it, but put on the act that it was boring, blahblahblah.

You realize, we're going to have to put this in Atlantis Rising, right?

Comment

*peeks in*

Anybody miss me?

Heh. Too bad. I'm back. For a bit!

... I hate playing catch up!

Did ya see it, did ya, huh?

We seem to be having an FH lovefest lately but ITA on all that. Maybe some of our lurkers will figure it out and join us. As we've said many times before, if you come in here with the right attitude toward Sparky we don't care if you think they are just friends or madly in love. And if, like our friend FH and a couple of others who are not diehard Sparky shippers, you can be positive and respectful and have fun without having to prove to us that another ship is more obvious, then we welcome you with open arms.

After all, you wouldn't go to Chipotle and tell them the tacos are better at Taco Bell. Now, would you?
                          Heresy!!! Geez, I need sleep. At first, I spelled Hershey.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Brilliant work as usual I do think if it had been Torri, then the ep would've been slightly different in how it played, but that's neither here nor there now

They were awesome, weren't they? It took me about two hours just to find that one I still want to find the ones from s1, and the back half of s3, which I missed out on.

Thanks Yep, she winked, right before she steps through the gate. It's so subtle that I didn't notice it. Michelle is an excellent winker - her cheek doesn't move at all.

It took me a while, but now I have the timeframe narrowed down, I think I'll be able to find the rest. Hopefully
                          Must go rewatch that. No matter how much I'll tear up ... *sniffles*

I think they have something here called "hire a wife" so they probably have "hire a hubby". Mr. SR does all the hubby stuff usually fully dressed but I could use a wife for a day or two. LOL

But Probie is coming to visit for my birthday so I'm sure she will be glad to do the laundry, the cleaning and the cooking while she is here. Meanwhile I will be watching an SGA marathon.
                          *note to self -- do not go to Auntie SR's house under the pretense of "Watching an SGA marathon. She will; you won't. *

Random - I was listening to Bruce Springsteen today and this song always makes me think of sparky.

Which are your favorite sparky songs by your favorite musicians?
                          *watches for tomatoes* As most everyone knows, I really love Taylor Swift's music, and one of the songs from her new album is called "Sparks Fly" ... I've been working on making a vid for it, but it's not quite ready. And then, of course, I already made this one a vid, cause I love the song. It really is Elizabeth's POV when John has to leave Atlantis at any time:

From other artists??? I'd have to go back and check my iPod. I'm currently addicted to the Goo Goo Dolls, and I'm sure I'll find something else soon.

Anyway - slightly OT, but does anyone watch Castle? Have you seen the newest episode, "Knockdown"? here's an interesting paralel between John and Rick ...

Spoiler:
                          http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...-3x06-2403.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...h31m19s216.png

Totally similar looks. Even the emotion of those twos cenes are similar.
                          Ya know, I have a feeling I'm gonna start watching "Castle". If I had cable, that is. Gotta love UST!!!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Ooh my! WANT.TO.GO!

Those were great! Lovely discussion. In my days of just lurking I remember reading her snarky recaps of Lifeline and Before I Sleep. She's such a riot!

Happy birthday, Probie!!

Well, I might. Just kidding!

You'll love it!! It's unbelievably awesome! There was one line in the latest story that had me laughing so hard I was crying.

Here's one... when they get Elizabeth back in your SGARising I imagine she'd be a bit messed up for awhile. So the song "Where Are You Going" by Dave Matthews Band is John's point of view for that time period. Lyrics
                          Spoiler:

Where are you going?
                          With your long face
                          Pulling down
                          Don't hide away
                          Like an ocean
                          That you can't see but you can smell
                          And the sound of the waves crash down

I am no Superman
                          I have no reasons for you
                          I am no hero
                          Oh, that's for sure
                          But I do know one thing
                          Is where you are is where I belong
                          I do know where you go
                          Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
                          Where do you go?

Are you looking for answers
                          To questions under the stars?
                          Well, if along the way
                          You are grown weary
                          You can rest with me until
                          A brighter day and you're okay

I am no Superman
                          I have no answers for you
                          I am no hero
                          Oh, that's for sure
                          But I do know one thing
                          Is where you are is where I belong
                          I do know where you go
                          Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
                          Where do you go?

Where do you go?
                          Where are you going?

Where do you go?

I am no Superman
                          I have no answers for you
                          I am no hero
                          Oh, that's for sure
                          But I do know one thing
                          Is here you are is where I belong
                          I do know where you go
                          Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
                          Where do you go?
                          Tell me, where are you going?
                          Where?
                          Well, let's go
                          Nail on head. I love that song!!!

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                          SGA Meme - Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships

HAPPY SUNDAY SPARKIES! Hope you enjoy the picspam......

*snipped for images*

Gaterid - you naughty boy, oh how I've missed those picture caps.
                          I snurched pretty much all those pics. Thanks, SMB!!!

And yes, gateraid, we dearly missed your pic fics. Welcome back to Sparkyville!!!

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          Tween thing nope its for the epic upper teen generation who likes watching shows like SGA and Doctor Who!

Oh god speaking of Justin Bieber you don't wanna know the strange SGA dream I had containing him in it! Let's just say it's a effed up version of Common Ground in which Kolya used the song "Baby" to suck the life out of Sheppard rather than the wraith, poor Liz actually fainted in the dream.

I do have to save the funny part of it was McKay Screaming YOU IDIOTS STOP SCREAMING! YOU THINK IT'S BAD FOR US IMAGINE HOW HORRIBLE IT IS FOR SHEPPARD!

Yup.....my unconscious is a very strange place.
                          Paging Dr. Heightmeyer!!! LOL

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          Life
                          Spoiler:
                          So I found out that a good friend of mine (who is a girl) is coming home in may on leave and i cant wait to see her. its been three years since i last saw her and i have missed her everyday. its hard to explain but i think im still in love with her. i don't think i ever stopped after we stopped talking back in 2008.
                          Hey, you never know!!! I hope everything works out for you!!! Sometimes, and I know this sounds cliche, but sometimes you never realize what you have until it's gone, and it's even better when you get a second chance!

OMFG! Do it! Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!!!!! (bonus points, of course, for getting John into a kilt, the cheeky boy)

I am such an enabler, and proud of it.
                          My mental imager just threw that picture in my head. I can't stop laughing.

ZOMG, I just found a bunch of yummy new Elizabeth and Sparky icons, animated gifs and a couple of wallpapers. They're all so cute! Now I have to decide which ones I want to upload on my LJ!
                          YAY!!! More stuff to snurch and proper credit, of course.

Easy. Just swap John for Westley in "The Princess Bride" and you're good to go!

Reminds me. I need to finish that fic. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I can totally see John's daddy insisting on fencing lessons when John and David were kids. 'Cause, you know, rich families like the Sheppards do stuff like that. John, of course, secretly LOVED it, but put on the act that it was boring, blahblahblah.

Totally. Do it. I'll send you each Chipotle gift cards. *cackles*

And now, to finish my meme:

Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                          Asurans. They're too conniving, and give you a worse headache than a hangover. And they took Elizabeth. Nuff said.

Day 30: One thing you would change
                          I think I would have included a scene between John and Elizabeth, sometime in S3, before all heck broke loose, where they don't kiss or anything, but acknowledge that their relationship is very special, and they really do care about each other a lot. Not a "Zatarc" scene, mind you, but just an open, honest, frank admission between two people that bring out the best in each other.

*fic bunnies add to list for missing scenes to write*

And the very last question:
                          Day 31: How it should have ended
                          Everybody's Fine explains it better!

And whew!!! A month later, I am done!

Now I seriously need to get my butt in gear and work on some of these stories!!!

Night, everybody!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            *peeks in*

Anybody miss me?

Heh. Too bad. I'm back. For a bit!

... I hate playing catch up!
                            *glomps* I always miss you!

Heresy!!! Geez, I need sleep. At first, I spelled Hershey.
                            Mmm, chocolate...

*watches for tomatoes* As most everyone knows, I really love Taylor Swift's music, and one of the songs from her new album is called "Sparks Fly" ... I've been working on making a vid for it, but it's not quite ready. And then, of course, I already made this one a vid, cause I love the song. It really is Elizabeth's POV when John has to leave Atlantis at any time:
                            http://vimeo.com/16407849
                            Eeeeee! That's so cute!

My mental imager just threw that picture in my head. I can't stop laughing.
                            Heeheehee!

Easy. Just swap John for Westley in "The Princess Bride" and you're good to go!

Reminds me. I need to finish that fic. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
                            *sends carrots to bunnies*

Totally. Do it. I'll send you each Chipotle gift cards. *cackles*
                            Yay, Chipotle! I can get some more carnitas!

I think I would have included a scene between John and Elizabeth, sometime in S3, before all heck broke loose, where they don't kiss or anything, but acknowledge that their relationship is very special, and they really do care about each other a lot. Not a "Zatarc" scene, mind you, but just an open, honest, frank admission between two people that bring out the best in each other.
                            Fear not. We're working on it. Well, it won't be Season 3, but you already knew that. *whistles innocently*

Now I seriously need to get my butt in gear and work on some of these stories!!!

Night, everybody!!!
                            Nighty-night! Pleasant Sparky dreams!

*yawns* Hmm, it's time for me to go to bed, too. See you all tomorrow, Sparkies!

Comment

Excellent! Really cute! Thanks for the link

SW: Love your vid. Can't wait to see the other one.

Day 29: Least favorite enemy Asurans for the same reason. And because it's from SG1. But I like "Progeny" with them.

TPTB.lol There are many things to change. I have a list.lol
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I can also see John shrugging it off by saying it's a great way to get girls. But, yeah, he secretly loves the challenge.

Day 29: least favorite enemy

I guess that would have to be Lucious because he just fell so far short of their original intent. I hate the Asurans too but on the other hand think they were an effective enemy except for the getting rid of Torri Elizabeth thing.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X