Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Ok, loving him even MORE! That's great that he was able to do that for them. Is that why there seems to be some animosity for JF from JM? I remember JM joking about Remnants being an excuse to beat up Joe, and laughing that nasty laugh of his. I thought that was an odd comment at the time.
    Joe has said he has no idea why JM hates him and that he thinks JM is a "nice guy". *shrugs* There was some talk that some cast members who were never specifically named objected to JM taking behind the scenes pics when they were trying to rest and putting them on his blog. They asked Joe to talk to him about it and then Joe got blamed for the objection. Joe said at a con that he didn't really care and that it was others who didn't like it. For a while there JM had a lot of yummy pics of Joe on his blog like these. As you can see, he doesn't seem particularly upset about having his pic taken or seem very antagonistic toward JM. So nobody can quite figure it out.

Spoiler:

Ah, Golden Girls. Not many shows stand the test of time, but that one does. The Dorothy/Sophia relationship has always been just like me and my mom. I used to say "Shady Pines, Ma!" quite a bit. Now that my mom is in her 80s and has some dementia, it is even more like that relationship. In fact there was one time when we had a conversation almost verbatim out of the show (my mom asking where her teeth were - "they're in your mouth, ma!")

No I've never seen that show. What station is it on?
    Hot in Cleveland is on TVLand. I forget when. Website here. My father in law lived in Cleveland so Mr. SR and I feel at home watching it. And we get all the inside jokes. LOL
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Okay, pop quiz time. I'm trying to remember if Sheppard met Mitchell for the first time in Pegasus Project (aired 7.28.06). I have Intruder (aired 7.22.05) for LJ challenge and I'm just checking the timeline. I've been digging for my SG1 season 10 DVDs to no avail and the transcript was not helpful. I'll find the DVDs eventually *crosses fingers* but if you happen to remember give me a shout- thanks!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

gateraid Oh thank goodness you're okay! I was going off memory (a dangerous thing) that you didn't live in that particular area, but still - it sounds like you had a bit of a close call with it, YIKES! Here's hoping and praying that there's no more geological activity and that things calm down, people get taken care of and recovery begins.

Eri13 YOWSA 90+ pages already - WOWEE! Can't wait to see it - keep up the great work!

I started my ep tag for "Irresistible" this week. Sigh. So far, this is not one that is going to just flow right out of my fingertips into the keyboard. I'm still glad I accepted the challenge, cuz it's certainly proving to be exactly that! Oh well, it's a growth opportunity, right?
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

SMUTTY TUESDAY....the Lady likes that. From what I am reading about Joe's comments about Torri, I think the winner of the ultimate Sparky Shipper award goes to Joe Flanigan. I think nobody wanted Sparky more than him.

Oh god now I have the mental image of Joe sitting at the computer reading Sparky Fics. Maybe writing some (he is a writer right?) that would be halirious if one our favorite fics wad actually written by Joe....*pets his hair* brilliant man that Joe Flanigan.
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            SMUTTY TUESDAY....the Lady likes that. From what I am reading about Joe's comments about Torri, I think the winner of the ultimate Sparky Shipper award goes to Joe Flanigan. I think nobody wanted Sparky more than him.

Oh god now I have the mental image of Joe sitting at the computer reading Sparky Fics. Maybe writing some (he is a writer right?) that would be halirious if one our favorite fics wad actually written by Joe....*pets his hair* brilliant man that Joe Flanigan.
            That would be great. Maybe one of our members is really him. I vote for SK. "She" lives in Cali after all. Maybe she's been faking us out all this time. *snorts*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              That would be great. Maybe one of our members is really him. I vote for SK. "She" lives in Cali after all. Maybe she's been faking us out all this time. *snorts*
              By god we've been fooled! All along SK how do your hair so perfect*snickers*
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Have you seen this vid? JF is asked about shipping. It seems conflicting with most of the other things I've heard he's said about relationships. But...there it is. Or rather...here it is, if you haven't seen it before.

Maybe this is just his opinion after he thinks Elizabeth isn't an onscreen shipping option anymore? That's one way to spin it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  Have you seen this vid? JF is asked about shipping. It seems conflicting with most of the other things I've heard he's said about relationships. But...there it is. Or rather...here it is, if you haven't seen it before.

Maybe this is just his opinion after he thinks Elizabeth isn't an onscreen shipping option anymore? That's one way to spin it.
                  First of all, I have to say it. He is so adorable. And I particularly love it when he talks about his wife. You can just see what a great relationship they have...real and down to earth.

He didn't say anything here that he hasn't always said. He has repeated the argument that you can't consummate a relationship in every interview I've ever read when he was asked about ship. He frequently has used the Moonlighting example and seems to think it would have been a disaster for the show. He doesn't mention any particular pairing but from day one has always leaned toward thinking that they were going to pair John and Teyla. That's right. No need to be coy here or varnish the truth. He never said even once that he was for that idea. He just said he thought that was what they were planning and that they weren't going to be in a hurry to do it.

When the show started and they were hired that is what they were told. And they got very little guidance and according to Rachel, never talked about it. Then Sparky came along and even though it was obviously being teased, it was not planned. This was confirmed many times while the show was on the air by the cast and TPTB. But in S2-3, on several occasions things were said that confirmed it was being teased. Joe even once said he didn't know why John couldn't have both of them. They had to be vague so as not to give away spoilers and wanted to keep all the shipper fans interested. But there was never any serious attempt to pair John and Elizabeth. It was all in the onscreen chemistry between Joe and Torri. Now maybe if she had stayed with the show, TPTB would have changed their minds but JM was pretty adamant when some of us asked him about it.

However, in S4 they changed their minds about John and Teyla and it ended like it ended. I've been around here a long time and in the old days we used to get pretty frustrated by Sparky denial. I don't see any reason to pretend the truth was not the truth. We just know what we saw on screen and Sparky would have worked so well.
                  sigpic

Comment

First of all, I have to say it. He is so adorable. And I particularly love it when he talks about his wife. You can just see what a great relationship they have...real and down to earth.

He didn't say anything here that he hasn't always said. He has repeated the argument that you can't consummate a relationship in every interview I've ever read when he was asked about ship. He frequently has used the Moonlighting example and seems to think it would have been a disaster for the show. He doesn't mention any particular pairing but from day one has always leaned toward thinking that they were going to pair John and Teyla. That's right. No need to be coy here or varnish the truth. He never said even once that he was for that idea. He just said he thought that was what they were planning and that they weren't going to be in a hurry to do it.

When the show started and they were hired that is what they were told. And they got very little guidance and according to Rachel, never talked about it. Then Sparky came along and even though it was obviously being teased, it was not planned. This was confirmed many times while the show was on the air by the cast and TPTB. But in S2-3, on several occasions things were said that confirmed it was being teased. Joe even once said he didn't know why John couldn't have both of them. They had to be vague so as not to give away spoilers and wanted to keep all the shipper fans interested. But there was never any serious attempt to pair John and Elizabeth. It was all in the onscreen chemistry between Joe and Torri. Now maybe if she had stayed with the show, TPTB would have changed their minds but JM was pretty adamant when some of us asked him about it.

However, in S4 they changed their minds about John and Teyla and it ended like it ended. I've been around here a long time and in the old days we used to get pretty frustrated by Sparky denial. I don't see any reason to pretend the truth was not the truth. We just know what we saw on screen and Sparky would have worked so well.
                    Thank you. I've been kicking myself for even posting it, but I had a feeling someone here would help me wrap my mind around it. I'll try not to be such a Debbie Downer in the future.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I've been kicking myself for even posting it, but I had a feeling someone here would help me wrap my mind around it. I'll try not to be such a Debbie Downer in the future.
                      Oh no, I don't think you were a downer. Besides, this far after the fact it doesn't matter what Joe or anybody thinks. There will be no more canon so the relationships stand as they were. We got more than we ever hoped for and I'm okay with how he showed John's feelings for Elizabeth.
                      sigpic

Comment

Attention all SGARising writers and fans. I just posted a very important article on the LJ comm. It is imperative if you are a writer that you read and bookmark this article.

If you want to become a member of the comm, anyone is welcome. The article is about how to make your fanfic writing better. So anyone who writes would benefit from it. And you can read how all the plans came together for S6 also.

Article is here. This comm is separate from our SGARising website and membership has to be approved to keep out the undesirable element. All of you here are very desirable.
                        sigpic

Comment

SGARising staff: Go read SR's article at the comm! It's very informative and will be very useful to all fic writers!

Okay, pop quiz time. I'm trying to remember if Sheppard met Mitchell for the first time in Pegasus Project (aired 7.28.06). I have Intruder (aired 7.22.05) for LJ challenge and I'm just checking the timeline. I've been digging for my SG1 season 10 DVDs to no avail and the transcript was not helpful. I'll find the DVDs eventually *crosses fingers* but if you happen to remember give me a shout- thanks!
                          Not sure. Mitchell arrives at Stargate Command in SG-1's "Avalon, Part 1" (Season 9, Episode 1), and it is later in this same episode that we hear about the Daedalus departing Earth for that return trip to Atlantis that we see the tail end of in "The Intruder." So it's technically possible that Mitchell and Sheppard might have run into each other at SGC before the Daedalus leaves, but personally, I'm thinking that Sheppard was probably too busy getting ready for the trip back, and Mitchell too busy trying to reform SG-1, for them to really meet.

Wouldn't that be something?

HAHAHAHAHAH! Oh, very funny. You saw my photo op with Joe!

Of course, let's not forget that famous interview Joe did with Stargate Magazine where he said that he wished Sheppard had gotten a chance to date someone "who was like, my boss."

Epic.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Of course, let's not forget that famous interview Joe did with Stargate Magazine where he said that he wished Sheppard had gotten a chance to date someone "who was like, my boss."

Epic.
                            OMG ... I did not know that
                            To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Wouldn't that be something?

: *writing* John litterally felt his stomach do strange flips when Elizabeth kissed him. Though they kissed many times before every kiss felt they kissed for the first time. But maybe that was what love truly was in the first place, it would always be exciting never boring......
                              Flanigan Kid: Daddy what are you doing?
                              : *face turns red as he x's out of the word document* Umm err umm...TAXES!
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soulster View Post
                                OMG ... I did not know that
                                Stargate Magazine, Issue #26 (Jan/Feb 2009), page 62, from the interview "Captain Fantastic":

Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?

I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.
                                So let's look at this logically. There were only four characters who qualify as "leading females" on SGA: Weir, Teyla, Keller and Carter. Of them, Teyla and Keller were never Sheppard's "boss," so that takes both of them out of the running. And it couldn't be Carter, because, well, you don't want to piss off the O'Neill/Carter shippers. Which leaves us with Weir. He's a clever one, our Joe.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh1eb0ZiUZ1qa93xfo1_500.jpg

: *writing* John litterally felt his stomach do strange flips when Elizabeth kissed him. Though they kissed many times before every kiss felt they kissed for the first time. But maybe that was what love truly was in the first place, it would always be exciting never boring......
                                Flanigan Kid: Daddy what are you doing?
                                : *face turns red as he x's out of the word document* Umm err umm...TAXES!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X