Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hamburgers! And I just had a sammich...
    Must be just one of those crazy random coincidences. That restaurant is in my hometown.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Random - I was listening to Bruce Springsteen today and this song always makes me think of sparky.

Which are your favorite sparky songs by your favorite musicians?
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Must be just one of those crazy random coincidences. That restaurant is in my hometown.
        *cracks up* Really? Wow, that is a crazy coincidence! I just snagged that pic because it's a great pic of a Red Velvet Cake. Which is, of course, the official cake of Sparky.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Re Franibeth - whoever said that Michele Morgan played her as if she knew Elizabeth loves John is totally right. Real Eluiazbeth or not, Franibeth still has a lot of Elizabeth's memories, feelings, personality - I don't remember reading a fic from Franibeth's eyes, where she's Elizabeth but at the same time a separate person as well, and we can get insight into Elizabeth's thoughts and feelings through here yes.
        Hmm, there's an interesting thought for a fic...

And right now I'd love to re read SK's Big bang story. it's one of my favorite epic stories EVER.
        Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking of it today!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Anyway - slightly OT, but does anyone watch Castle? Have you seen the newest episode, "Knockdown"? here's an interesting paralel between John and Rick ...

Spoiler:

Totally similar looks. Even the emotion of those twos cenes are similar.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Random - I was listening to Bruce Springsteen today and this song always makes me think of sparky.

I have a whole playlist but I will put the top three in my book. (I will post more later).

Existentialism on Prom Night -Straylight Run
            Well I wrote this song in a song fic and I listen to it, and all I see is Sparky Fluff

Grenade- Bruno Mars
            This song is their theme song in my Crossover becuse Elizabeth breaks John's heart in his darkest hour, in a romantic sense this song will not relate to them. But there are parts in the song that relate to John's willingness to do anything for her.

How is Soon is Now- The Smiths
            Another beautiful song. I think this song is in John's POV post "Lifeline" possibly or during the whole series starting from the end of season 1, focuses the most on his love he has Elizabeth. However as it was discussed many times, John fears commitment most likely stemming from his childhood prevented him from ever trying to persue her and he regrets it.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Agreed! Sometimes, I think it seems we don't acknowledge FH's contribution to the thread enough, but her presence is one of the touchstones that makes this thread the haven it is. Falcon, and other fans like her, are why we want to make Atlantis Rising a series that all fans can enjoy.
              In response to all this Lemming-love that is going on here... Seriously, did Kate put you up to this? ... Anyway... as I was saying, in response I can vouch to any and all that wish to hear it, that Atlantis Rising will totally rock your socks... or other clothing parts if you don't wear socks.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              We seem to be having an FH lovefest lately but ITA on all that. Maybe some of our lurkers will figure it out and join us. As we've said many times before, if you come in here with the right attitude toward Sparky we don't care if you think they are just friends or madly in love. And if, like our friend FH and a couple of others who are not diehard Sparky shippers, you can be positive and respectful and have fun without having to prove to us that another ship is more obvious, then we welcome you with open arms.
              The Lemming feels loved today...

But I'd like to point out to everyone, lurkers included, I ain't all that special... just a little fluffy creature that fits in the palm of your hand, owned by a lovely lady residing in the city of Atlantis (you all know her as Kate H., the psychologist).

Just so you know...

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              Happy Birthday <- that was meant to be someone salivating for cake
              LOL!!

*glomps Probie* Happy Birthday!
              Happy Birthday (only a day late) to Probie!! And congrats on the 4000th post!!

Heehee, yes! gateraid is right; Michelle Morgan is a great, subtle winker. No one can ever convince me that she wasn't totally playing FRANibeth as though Weir had indeed loved John.
              I really, really (honestly) love Sparky 2.0. Michelle was spot on with her performance, and how as Fran she acted around the other characters. I really liked Fran as Fran and as Franibeth.

Have a Sparky 2.0 picture:

Spoiler:

Come on out say hello, everyone! We have cookies!
              Cookies are real - I can vouch for that.

My husband is insisting that I take the whole day "off". Okay, how does a housewife take a day off? There's always something to do.
              Sit in the couch and do nothing?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OMG! Torri Higginson is going to be at the Creation convention in Los Angeles this November! Now all they have to do is book Joe! *faints in bliss*
                Ooh my! WANT.TO.GO!

Eri13 did these for (I believe) all the s1-3 eps, and selected eps after that
                Those were great! Lovely discussion. In my days of just lurking I remember reading her snarky recaps of Lifeline and Before I Sleep. She's such a riot!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Spent my afternoon watching some Sparky with mom and dad (old good souvenir lol) because like my mom said "It's your birthday and it's our gift to you". I don't know how to take this.lol
                Happy birthday, Probie!!

After all, you wouldn't go to Chipotle and tell them the tacos are better at Taco Bell. Now, would you?
                Well, I might. Just kidding!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Oh dear...good thing I didn't start last night. Just started reading them this morning....I may never be productive again *vanishes into the depths of Stargate Ren*
                You'll love it!! It's unbelievably awesome! There was one line in the latest story that had me laughing so hard I was crying.

Here's one... when they get Elizabeth back in your SGARising I imagine she'd be a bit messed up for awhile. So the song "Where Are You Going" by Dave Matthews Band is John's point of view for that time period. Lyrics
                Spoiler:

Where are you going?
                With your long face
                Pulling down
                Don't hide away
                Like an ocean
                That you can't see but you can smell
                And the sound of the waves crash down

I am no Superman
                I have no reasons for you
                I am no hero
                Oh, that's for sure
                But I do know one thing
                Is where you are is where I belong
                I do know where you go
                Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
                Where do you go?

Are you looking for answers
                To questions under the stars?
                Well, if along the way
                You are grown weary
                You can rest with me until
                A brighter day and you're okay

I am no Superman
                I have no answers for you
                I am no hero
                Oh, that's for sure
                But I do know one thing
                I do know where you go
                Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
                Where do you go?

Where do you go?
                Where are you going?

Where do you go?

I am no Superman
                I am no hero
                Oh, that's for sure
                But I do know one thing
                Is here you are is where I belong
                I do know where you go
                Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
                Where do you go?
                Tell me, where are you going?
                Where?
                Well, let's go

Comment

Re Franibeth - whoever said that Michele Morgan played her as if she knew Elizabeth loves John is totally right. Real Eluiazbeth or not, Franibeth still has a lot of Elizabeth's memories, feelings, personality - I don't remember reading a fic from Franibeth's eyes, where she's Elizabeth but at the same time a separate person as well, and we can get insight into Elizabeth's thoughts and feelings through here yes.

And right now I'd love to re read SK's Big bang story. it's one of my favorite epic stories EVER.
                  I would love to read a fic like that. Hinthint. And I thought she played it that way too. The absolute disbelief in her eyes when she thought for a split second that Teyla was implying that John was Torren's father said volumes. She knew a lot had changed since she left but not that much. LOL And the last look she gave him just said it all.

There are literally dozens of them. Almost anything by Emmylou Harris as you know. Like this one: Goodbye You know I have to go for the angst.

Anyway - slightly OT, but does anyone watch Castle? Have you seen the newest episode, "Knockdown"? here's an interesting paralel between John and Rick ...

Spoiler:
                  http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...-3x06-2403.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...h31m19s216.png

Totally similar looks. Even the emotion of those twos cenes are similar.
                  I was thinking about that through that whole bandaging the hand scene. He was looking at her exactly like John did in TRW. Lots of parallels there. Chemistry that can't be denied, angst and UST to die for.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    In response to all this Lemming-love that is going on here... Seriously, did Kate put you up to this? ... Anyway... as I was saying, in response I can vouch to any and all that wish to hear it, that Atlantis Rising will totally rock your socks... or other clothing parts if you don't wear socks.

But I'd like to point out to everyone, lurkers included, I ain't all that special... just a little fluffy creature that fits in the palm of your hand, owned by a lovely lady residing in the city of Atlantis (you all know her as Kate H., the psychologist).

Just so you know...
                    But... but... We love you, Falcon! Why wouldn't we want to toast your awesomeness?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Ooh my! WANT.TO.GO!
                    *flails* It'd be great to have you here!

Those were great! Lovely discussion. In my days of just lurking I remember reading her snarky recaps of Lifeline and Before I Sleep. She's such a riot!
                    Heh, I'm feeling inspired to go back through the thread and save all those recaps.

You'll love it!! It's unbelievably awesome! There was one line in the latest story that had me laughing so hard I was crying.
                    Seconding that! Stargate!Ren is one of the funniest, most passionate, thrilling and richly detailed AUs I have ever seen. And it belongs to Sparkies. Gotta love it.

Here's one... when they get Elizabeth back in your SGARising I imagine she'd be a bit messed up for awhile. So the song "Where Are You Going" by Dave Matthews Band is John's point of view for that time period. Lyrics
                    Spoiler:

Where are you going?
                    With your long face
                    Pulling down
                    Don't hide away
                    Like an ocean
                    That you can't see but you can smell
                    And the sound of the waves crash down

I am no Superman
                    I have no reasons for you
                    I am no hero
                    Oh, that's for sure
                    But I do know one thing
                    I do know where you go
                    Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
                    Where do you go?

Are you looking for answers
                    To questions under the stars?
                    Well, if along the way
                    You are grown weary
                    You can rest with me until
                    A brighter day and you're okay

I am no Superman
                    I am no hero
                    Oh, that's for sure
                    But I do know one thing
                    I do know where you go
                    Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
                    Where do you go?

Where do you go?
                    Where are you going?

Where do you go?

I am no Superman
                    I am no hero
                    Oh, that's for sure
                    But I do know one thing
                    Is here you are is where I belong
                    I do know where you go
                    Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
                    Where do you go?
                    Tell me, where are you going?
                    Where?
                    Well, let's go
                    That song and those lyrics are wonderful! *wibbles* You're right, Elizabeth will be messed up. Heck, everyone's going to be messed up, trying to wrap their brains around the fact that OMFGWTFBBQ ELIZABETH'S ALIVE! Hope you're ready for the roller coaster.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heres another Song to Add to The Sparky Playlist

Last Night On Earth-Green Day

A cute little romantic song by Green Day that makes me freaking squee like a little girl every time I hear it. This pretains to a fluffy Sparky story. Anyway heres a few lines I think fit perfectly with them:

With every breath that I am worth here on Earth
                      I'm sending all my love to you.
                      So if you dare to second guess you can rest assured
                      That all my love's for you

My beating heart belongs to you
                      I walked for miles 'til I found you
                      I'm here to honor you if I lose everything in the fire
                      I'm sending all my love to you.

Here's what I think it means. Elizabeth could be FRAN, John could be an Iratus bug, Elizabeth could be in the Sahara Dessert, John could be in Antartica they will still love each other. Also it relates to the fact that they would do anything for each other no matter what the cost.
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

Actually, steak and eggs is a pretty well-known choice for breakfast.
                        Not here. Steak is quite expensive here I did have it when I was in Seattle though. Quite cheap in the diner. But the 7am bourbon was definitely a one off

I'm not sure if it was your theory, but I remember reading on this thread a while back (as in months, probably more than a year) that Franibeth was probably a copy of Elizabeth, who believed she was Elizabeth, but wasn't. She had been given her memories, but they had no context. A bit like if you were implanted with my memories - you'd have my knowledge and experience, but still wouldn't be me exactly. If that makes sense.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

You're special to us I'd not realised you'd been here so long until I went back looking for those recaps. I remember you being a calming influence for me back on the anti thread, which I'm grateful for

I really, really (honestly) love Sparky 2.0. Michelle was spot on with her performance, and how as Fran she acted around the other characters. I really liked Fran as Fran and as Franibeth.
                        She was an inspired choice. I really thought she wouldn't be convincing as a Weir clone, but she excelled. It just goes to show, if you give them something to do, good actors can sell it.

I would love to read a fic like that. Hinthint. And I thought she played it that way too. The absolute disbelief in her eyes when she thought for a split second that Teyla was implying that John was Torren's father said volumes. She knew a lot had changed since she left but not that much. LOL And the last look she gave him just said it all.
                        An honest mistake though. Why else would she call him John? Why not Halling? If Torren had been a girl, she could've named her Meredith *snort*

I think it was a fine line for the performance. The backstory (of Teyla's past) was dumped in, so she (Michelle) probably had a free reign for Franibeth's reaction.

Heh, I'm feeling inspired to go back through the thread and save all those recaps.
                        Well, if you do, could you give me a heads up as to where they are please? If only this thread had five hundred pages, not five thousand, it'd be much easier then
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm. Personal space much? Or more correctly, not much?

Hickory dickory dock
                          I really need some co....

co.....lonel Sheppard! I was just thinking about you
                          she was thinking about his cognac collection, get your mind out of the gutter

Love the sig Torri012 but what does the writing say?
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]29071[/ATTACH]

Hmmmm. Personal space much? Or more correctly, not much?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29069[/ATTACH]

Hickory dickory dock
                            I really need some co....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29067[/ATTACH]

co.....lonel Sheppard! I was just thinking about you
                            she was thinking about his cognac collection, get your mind out of the gutter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29068[/ATTACH]

Love the sig Torri012 but what does the writing say?
                            *Falls off the bed laughing hysterically*

I think its time to use the awkward Turtle *snickers* Genius!
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              *Falls off the bed laughing hysterically*

I think its time to use the awkward Turtle *snickers* Genius!
                              There's an awkward turtle? Is that a reference to TR I when Carson talks about his turtles in order to fill in an awkward silence?
                              sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about that through that whole bandaging the hand scene. He was looking at her exactly like John did in TRW. Lots of parallels there. Chemistry that can't be denied, angst and UST to die for.
                                What SR said!! Castle is my substitute for Sparky since the pilot.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X