• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Okie day. Here's the vid!

Happy Sparky Fluff day!

I daresay this counts a little!

EDIT: And I'll apologize right now. My movie maker is a little screwed up, it tends to include the first image from a clip, even if it's been deleted, that's why Don S. Davis keeps popping up!
    They've blocked the vid. Welcome to my world. I use vimeo when that happens.

And the fic was very sweet. Loved it. Angst done right.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Okie day. Here's the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TdfNR30ucs

Happy Sparky Fluff day!

I daresay this counts a little!

EDIT: And I'll apologize right now. My movie maker is a little screwed up, it tends to include the first image from a clip, even if it's been deleted, that's why Don S. Davis keeps popping up!
      Yeah, I'm not getting the video either. YouTube is getting more and more snarky about that stuff. Grr! SR's suggestion of Vimeo is a good one.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK: Don't laugh. My friend will buy them is December and January. No SGA dvds. I hope you're not shocked.lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          SK: Don't laugh. My friend will buy them is December and January. No SGA dvds. I hope you're not shocked.lol
          I don't know about her but I for one am shocked. Does your real mother approve of this? *slaps your hand*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I don't know about her but I for one am shocked. Does your real mother approve of this? *slaps your hand*
            LOL No my mom is ok with it because (I forgot to say it) I sold them to buy the white dvds box. I found it for a "small" price. I need place on my shelves. I have so much dvds and books.
            sigpic

Comment

LOL No my mom is ok with it because (I forgot to say it) I sold them to buy the white dvds box. I found it for a "small" price. I need place on my shelves. I have so much dvds and books.
              Ah, the complete series set. Well, that makes sense. After all, if your mom can't see Lorne, she's gonna be surly.

Hey, maybe you'll get your friend hooked on Sparky, too!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

LOL. Sneaky but clever. And you'll have lots of new special features to watch too. Yay.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Ah, the complete series set. Well, that makes sense. After all, if your mom can't see Lorne, she's gonna be surly.

Hey, maybe you'll get your friend hooked on Sparky, too!
                  She's already a fan of the show. She will buy the last seasons for her and the first three for her brother

LOL. Sneaky but clever. And you'll have lots of new special features to watch too. Yay.
                  I hope I'll have more features. I don't know if the french box is like the others.
                  sigpic

Comment

She's already a fan of the show. She will buy the last seasons for her and the first three for her brother
                    Okay, so getting her brother hooked... or is he already a fan, too?

I hope I'll have more features. I don't know if the french box is like the others.
                    *crosses fingers*

Comment

You know the idea of writing a good version of something like sparky or a love triangle by accident is really sort of weird to me.

But you know, if they intentionally included all that stuff in there as teasing shippers of both sides, then that kind of means they still wrote it in. Doesn't it?

I know most of us pretty much go with the idea of if something like that is still on screen after the final cut then it's canon regardless of intent.

To me the analogy I'd use is this:

There was a Farscape blooper in late season 1 or early season 2 where Pilot says "[Moya's] offspring will need a name."

Anthony Simcoe then suddenly says in his Dargo voice "I vote for 'Plumpy'. 'Plumpy the Spaceship'." as a joke.

If they'd left that in there and constantly added more jokes about Talyn also being called Plumpy, then Plumpy would have been his name. Or at least his nickname.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        You know the idea of writing a good version of something like sparky or a love triangle by accident is really sort of weird to me.
                        It is, isn't it?

But you know, if they intentionally included all that stuff in there as teasing shippers of both sides, then that kind of means they still wrote it in. Doesn't it?

I know most of us pretty much go with the idea of if something like that is still on screen after the final cut then it's canon regardless of intent.
                        Absolutely. Intended as teasing or not, it's in. So it's totally canon. Whoops, guess they didn't figure on us being so gosh darn clever, did they? Hee!

There was a Farscape blooper in late season 1 or early season 2 where Pilot says "[Moya's] offspring will need a name."

Anthony Simcoe then suddenly says in his Dargo voice "I vote for 'Plumpy'. 'Plumpy the Spaceship'." as a joke.

If they'd left that in there and constantly added more jokes about Talyn also being called Plumpy, then Plumpy would have been his name. Or at least his nickname.
                        LMAO!

Comment

Not written, I don't think but it just came across that way because of the chemistry between Joe and Torri. I'm not sure even they knew what they were doing. And a lot of it had to do with editing also and the swoopy romantic music.

I risk contradicting my above statement but I have to agree here. I think once they got the Sparky shipper feedback and then went back and looked at the dailies or whatever they had to know how it was going to come across. But instead of redoing it, they just said why not let us think what we wanted to and went with it. But I doubt they would ever admit it.

Most definitely. Anything that is on the screen is canon. The trick is in interpretation. For example, I talked to a very nice lady at the Chicago con who was a McShepper. She had never heard the term Sparky and when I explained she understood how some of us might think they had an interest in each other. But she also said she was just baffled that anyone could watch the show and not see McShep as more than friends. LOL I think all us shippers feel the same way about our particular ship.

From some things I have learned over the years I don't honestly think ship was discussed very much at all. Except maybe McKeller.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not written, I don't think but it just came across that way because of the chemistry between Joe and Torri. I'm not sure even they knew what they were doing. And a lot of it had to do with editing also and the swoopy romantic music.
                            *giggles at the 'swoopy romantic music' line*

I risk contradicting my above statement but I have to agree here. I think once they got the Sparky shipper feedback and then went back and looked at the dailies or whatever they had to know how it was going to come across. But instead of redoing it, they just said why not let us think what we wanted to and went with it. But I doubt they would ever admit it.
                            Wild horses couldn't drag it outta them.

Most definitely. Anything that is on the screen is canon. The trick is in interpretation. For example, I talked to a very nice lady at the Chicago con who was a McShepper. She had never heard the term Sparky and when I explained she understood how some of us might think they had an interest in each other. But she also said she was just baffled that anyone could watch the show and not see McShep as more than friends. LOL I think all us shippers feel the same way about our particular ship.
                            Sheppard vs. McKay snarkfest-style bromance, I can see. But Sparky? The ultimate pairing of brains, brawn, snark and prettiness. OTP, baby.

From some things I have learned over the years I don't honestly think ship was discussed very much at all. Except maybe McKeller.
                            Poor Jen. Girl just never got a break.

Comment

They've blocked the vid. Welcome to my world. I use vimeo when that happens.

And the fic was very sweet. Loved it. Angst done right.
                              So sorry!!! I'll take care of it when I get home ...

Comment

*sees Kris is roaming the thread and crosses fingers, hopes she's posting the premiere of Missing Moments!*

Comment

Working...
                                X