Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Probie - don't you reside in the vicinity of Paris or am I mistaken? Cause Jewel said she was going to be in Paris this week.
    No. I'm in the east. Near Lyon.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Eeep, hope you were able to get any cars filled up before the gas stations ran dry.
    There are no problems with gas stations. I put petrol in 5 mins. Some people (french people) are so stupid. They think we are in war.lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Mmm yeah, that's not quite near Paris.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by probie View Post
        there are no problems with gas stations. I put petrol in 5 mins. Some people (french people) are so stupid. They think we are in war.lol
        LOL! Ah, the insanity of civil disturbances.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Mmm yeah, that's not quite near Paris.
          No lol

LOL! Ah, the insanity of civil disturbances.
          It's not like it's our first strike. We're used to it. We created 'strikes'.lol
          sigpic

Comment

A slightly OT announcement: NASA has just set the official launch date for space shuttle Discovery for next Monday, November 1, at 4:40pm Eastern Time. Anybody interested in having a little live viewing party here on the thread like we have with previous launches?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heh!
              Spoiler:
              C'mon, John, take off the rank and take it outside! Heheheh... What can I say, I just wanna see John defend Lizzeh's honor.

Will this do?

Negotiation 101 with Dr. Elizabeth Weir, PhD, by Cora Clavia.
              Summary: Elizabeth had long ago noticed the inversely proportional relationship between the amount of work she got done and the amount of free time John Sheppard had.

Happy Sparky reading!
              Oh, that was just what I needed after a very long day at work! Thanks for the rec, SK!!!

A slightly OT announcement: NASA has just set the official launch date for space shuttle Discovery for next Monday, November 1, at 4:40pm Eastern Time. Anybody interested in having a little live viewing party here on the thread like we have with previous launches?
              I would love to, but I'm usually working on Mondays at that time. Darnit. Guess I'll hafta go stand outside and see it ... I'm near Tampa but sometimes you can't see across the state that great, especially if it's slightly overcast.

Anyhow, I went and bought Taylor Swift's new CD at Target today because they have a special edition ... ... yeah, yeah, whatever. There is a perfectly awesome nail on head Sparky song on there called "Superman" (it sounds like she's watching SGA as she wrote this) ... making a vid in my free time!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                Oh, that was just what I needed after a very long day at work! Thanks for the rec, SK!!!
                You're welcome!

I would love to, but I'm usually working on Mondays at that time. Darnit. Guess I'll hafta go stand outside and see it ... I'm near Tampa but sometimes you can't see across the state that great, especially if it's slightly overcast.
                Bummer!

Anyhow, I went and bought Taylor Swift's new CD at Target today because they have a special edition ... ... yeah, yeah, whatever. There is a perfectly awesome nail on head Sparky song on there called "Superman" (it sounds like she's watching SGA as she wrote this) ... making a vid in my free time!
                Ooooh, sounds exciting... I'll be looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  Okay, as promised--one of the opening scenes of Return to Pegasus, Part I. I haven't worked out where credits go, yet--this is all pretty rough. But a taste of SS6.

Spoiler:

He couldn’t see much difference in the stars.

He should probably have been more sentimental about it. Or maybe just wiser, considering he was supposed to be someone who could navigate by them. But truthfully they were just stars and in the non-functional, non-sentimental sense they crowded the sky here as much as they had on any other planet he’d visited.

The door to the balcony slid open and John glanced behind him, turning casually back to the vista as Rodney McKay moved onto the balcony. “There you are.”

John shrugged by way of a response as the scientist joined him by the railing. “They back in session?”

“Not yet. Not that it matters to you, with all the attention you’re paying in there. I thought you’d have bolted in a Jumper for sure after that last meeting.”

“Well, if it weren’t for the fact that opening the Jumper Bay doors would be considered a violation of the Antarctic Treaty—and that I’d probably freak out half of Tierra del Fuego—I might. Certainly beats the bureaucratic whining and manipulating going on in there.”

“Hmm.” Rodney stuck his hands in his pockets, taking a glance across the horizon. “Jeez, how can you stand this? It’s freezing!”

“Really? I hadn’t noticed.”

Rodney frowned at his nonchalance, but said nothing. Spreading out before them was the landmass of Antarctica, looking as cold and desolate as he remembered it from five years before. To the left, the lights of McMurdo formed a small halo on its island, acknowledging life in human form but doing nothing for the view.

“I guess it could be worse,” the scientist said with a sigh. When John looked at him sideways, he shrugged. “I mean, it beats, you know, being attacked by the Wraith or lost and drifting with minimal power, right?”

John didn’t respond, just straightened. “Sure.”

“Yeah.” Rodney leaned forward as John moved to leave, clasping his hands on the railing and staring back out across the sea. John had almost reached the door when McKay spoke again, his voice barely audible above the slapping of the waves on the piers below. “Elizabeth would have hated this.”

John stopped, staring at the back of his head sharply, but Rodney didn’t turn. It wasn’t like McKay to reminiscence about any of their lost comrades, especially someone he’d considered close enough to be family. His gaze drifted back across the cold, choppy water, now being graced by an oil-streaked and graying science freighter.

Stranded just a few hundred miles from where the Expedition had started, their future lying in the hands of a bunch of bureaucrats whose greatest assets were their ability to gab, and the City being completely wasted as a waypoint for SG teams and down on their luck Milky Way refugees?

Rodney was right. Elizabeth would have hated this.

Then again, if Elizabeth had been here, he was pretty damn sure they’d be back in Pegasus by now.

“I’ll be in the conference room,” he said.
                  I am really liking the start of your story and I'm really interested to find out what John does when he reaches the conference room.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    This is OT but isn't there a good soccer team in Lyon?
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      This is OT but isn't there a good soccer team in Lyon?
                      Yes my friend but not this year. This year is awful but it's not the end.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am really liking the start of your story and I'm really interested to find out what John does when he reaches the conference room.
                        Oh, John does what John always does--listens and chimes in when he gets his arm twisted. Woolsey's the one who rocks the conference, though their is a key John moment that's pretty good if I say so myself. <-------*iz humble*
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Oh, John does what John always does--listens and chimes in when he gets his arm twisted. Woolsey's the one who rocks the conference, though their is a key John moment that's pretty good if I say so myself. <-------*iz humble*
                          Using those mad negotiating skillz he learned from Elizabeth, eh? Heheheh...

Comment

Oh yay, the forum's back up! Now let's hope it stays that way. *knocks on wood*

I get annoyed when I can't chat with my Sparky friends.

Comment

Okay, as promised--one of the opening scenes of Return to Pegasus, Part I. I haven't worked out where credits go, yet--this is all pretty rough. But a taste of SS6.

Spoiler:

He couldn’t see much difference in the stars.

He should probably have been more sentimental about it. Or maybe just wiser, considering he was supposed to be someone who could navigate by them. But truthfully they were just stars and in the non-functional, non-sentimental sense they crowded the sky here as much as they had on any other planet he’d visited.

The door to the balcony slid open and John glanced behind him, turning casually back to the vista as Rodney McKay moved onto the balcony. “There you are.”

John shrugged by way of a response as the scientist joined him by the railing. “They back in session?”

“Not yet. Not that it matters to you, with all the attention you’re paying in there. I thought you’d have bolted in a Jumper for sure after that last meeting.”

“Well, if it weren’t for the fact that opening the Jumper Bay doors would be considered a violation of the Antarctic Treaty—and that I’d probably freak out half of Tierra del Fuego—I might. Certainly beats the bureaucratic whining and manipulating going on in there.”

“Hmm.” Rodney stuck his hands in his pockets, taking a glance across the horizon. “Jeez, how can you stand this? It’s freezing!”

“Really? I hadn’t noticed.”

Rodney frowned at his nonchalance, but said nothing. Spreading out before them was the landmass of Antarctica, looking as cold and desolate as he remembered it from five years before. To the left, the lights of McMurdo formed a small halo on its island, acknowledging life in human form but doing nothing for the view.

“I guess it could be worse,” the scientist said with a sigh. When John looked at him sideways, he shrugged. “I mean, it beats, you know, being attacked by the Wraith or lost and drifting with minimal power, right?”

John didn’t respond, just straightened. “Sure.”

“Yeah.” Rodney leaned forward as John moved to leave, clasping his hands on the railing and staring back out across the sea. John had almost reached the door when McKay spoke again, his voice barely audible above the slapping of the waves on the piers below. “Elizabeth would have hated this.”

John stopped, staring at the back of his head sharply, but Rodney didn’t turn. It wasn’t like McKay to reminiscence about any of their lost comrades, especially someone he’d considered close enough to be family. His gaze drifted back across the cold, choppy water, now being graced by an oil-streaked and graying science freighter.

Stranded just a few hundred miles from where the Expedition had started, their future lying in the hands of a bunch of bureaucrats whose greatest assets were their ability to gab, and the City being completely wasted as a waypoint for SG teams and down on their luck Milky Way refugees?

Rodney was right. Elizabeth would have hated this.

Then again, if Elizabeth had been here, he was pretty damn sure they’d be back in Pegasus by now.

“I’ll be in the conference room,” he said.
                              AWESOME!!! Definitely looking forward to the rest! Now I understand all the tongue-stuck-to-metal jokes ... LOL

You're welcome!

Bummer!

Ooooh, sounds exciting... I'll be looking forward to it!
                              It's about half way done. I feel bad using clips that I've used in other videos over and over and over again, but I can't afford to buy the DVDs and only recorded a handful of eppys. Thank God I got some good ones!!!

Ditto!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Using those mad negotiating skillz he learned from Elizabeth, eh? Heheheh...
                              *narrator's voice* And to our right, we have the gutter. Many of the tenants of this thread commonly wade here. And to the left -- whoa, supply closet door that didn't get locked.

Oh yay, the forum's back up! Now let's hope it stays that way. *knocks on wood*

I get annoyed when I can't chat with my Sparky friends.
                              Me too, but it's more often due to lack of internet than anything ...

Nice to be back!

Comment

AWESOME!!! Definitely looking forward to the rest! Now I understand all the tongue-stuck-to-metal jokes ... LOL
                                Hahahahah!

It's about half way done. I feel bad using clips that I've used in other videos over and over and over again, but I can't afford to buy the DVDs and only recorded a handful of eppys. Thank God I got some good ones!!!
                                Ah, the classics never get old.

*narrator's voice* And to our right, we have the gutter. Many of the tenants of this thread commonly wade here. And to the left -- whoa, supply closet door that didn't get locked.
                                And never fear, the water in that gutter is quite clean... all the better for John and Elizabeth to, ahem, play in.

Me too, but it's more often due to lack of internet than anything ...

Nice to be back!
                                *sporks the internetz*

Comment

Working...
                                X