Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    People are coming up with some interesting ideas about JoeF's absence from Twitter. I retweeted this one. It was too good.

ROFL and concerned at same time ...
    Yes, this is the longest absence since he started tweeting and concern may be in order. I hope everything is okay but I also hope he hasn't finally gotten fed up with the stupids who keep tweeting him 30 times a day and putting the @joeflanigan in all their tweets which makes them go to his twitter page. Then there were the series of really rude remarks made to him about some of the things he tweeted about his Disney trip. Some people who call themselves fans baffle me. Leave the man alone. If you don't like him, go away. And if you want to ramble on about how hot he is, keep it among yourselves. We already know that he avoids all that stuff like the plague. I hope they haven't spoiled the fun for all of us. Rant over.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    I wrote a chapter of it, which turned out to be mostly exposition. The second chapter has been a complete FAIL so far - it has been deleted numerous times. Once I started to deviate from the dream I had problems. I should've stuck to normal dreams - like the intruder in my house, the car that only drove in reverse, the semi-retired waitress whose boob fell out when she was serving me....

There was a 'peanut butter & chocolate' line? *goes to read transcript*

Edited to add:

SHEPPARD: Well, Doctors Moore and McNab are here to study the ocean on M8R-1229, which happens to be under a thick sheet of ice, so they brought a thousand-foot cable and a pretty powerful winch to lower their instruments.

WEIR: OK.

SHEPPARD (gesturing to a nearby scientist): And Edgar over here is responsible for the magnetic grapple designed to lower the F-302s into our Jumper Bay.

WEIR: And you intend to put the two together.

SHEPPARD: Like chocolate and peanut butter.

Okay, what happened to the 302's? We never saw them, and as we saw in Allies, they can hover and land, so did they just forget that idea?

Yes, I know, THAT was the thing I picked up on *headdesk*
    Now you're a real author. Struggling with your craft.

And leave it to a guy to notice the shiny stuff and overlook the romantic elephant. Do you remember the actual sparks in that scene?
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday!

And GW decided to cooperate and load after all!

There was a 'peanut butter & chocolate' line? *goes to read transcript*

Edited to add:

SHEPPARD: Well, Doctors Moore and McNab are here to study the ocean on M8R-1229, which happens to be under a thick sheet of ice, so they brought a thousand-foot cable and a pretty powerful winch to lower their instruments.

WEIR: OK.

SHEPPARD (gesturing to a nearby scientist): And Edgar over here is responsible for the magnetic grapple designed to lower the F-302s into our Jumper Bay.

WEIR: And you intend to put the two together.

SHEPPARD: Like chocolate and peanut butter.

Okay, what happened to the 302's? We never saw them, and as we saw in Allies, they can hover and land, so did they just forget that idea?

Yes, I know, THAT was the thing I picked up on *headdesk*
      *snorts*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Yes, this is the longest absence since he started tweeting and concern may be in order. I hope everything is okay but I also hope he hasn't finally gotten fed up with the stupids who keep tweeting him 30 times a day and putting the @joeflanigan in all their tweets which makes them go to his twitter page. Then there were the series of really rude remarks made to him about some of the things he tweeted about his Disney trip. Some people who call themselves fans baffle me. Leave the man alone. If you don't like him, go away. And if you want to ramble on about how hot he is, keep it among yourselves. We already know that he avoids all that stuff like the plague. I hope they haven't spoiled the fun for all of us. Rant over.
      But a good rant it is. I wish more people would think about what they say before they say it.

And leave it to a guy to notice the shiny stuff and overlook the romantic elephant. Do you remember the actual sparks in that scene?
      Heehee!

Though, to be honest, I've wondered about the 302's myself, from time to time.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

One only has to look within the GW fandom to see that there are people who will not leave himm alone, or are wholly inappropriate. I'd never heard the story until you relayed it recently, but I'm referring to the "is the power back on in your house" convention scare.

*snort* The craft has a hole in the hull, and is taking on water

Not just the real sparks, but the strong contender for most inappropriate time to flirt award. And the way Weir positively beamed at Sheppard

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday!

And GW decided to cooperate and load after all!

*snorts*

But a good rant it is. I wish more people would think about what they say before they say it.

Heehee!

Though, to be honest, I've wondered about the 302's myself, from time to time.
        I guess the 302's were just an add to explain the rope *shrugs* I've always found them a bit odd on Atlantis anyway, they're more of an SG-1 thing. Perhaps if they could go through the gate they'd be more useful.
        sigpic

Comment

There's always a few that have to ruin it, BUT it was his choice to be on Twitter so he could have guessed it wouldn't be without a few bumps in the road. *shrug*
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            There's always a few that have to ruin it, BUT it was his choice to be on Twitter so he could have guessed it wouldn't be without a few bumps in the road. *shrug*
            I think Joe still remains a little naive. He's awfully trusting of fans from what I've heard from convention goers and sometimes overshares personal info. I think that he sincerely wanted to be in touch with the fans and let us know where he was and what projects he was involved in. I don't think he anticipated the ignorance that permeates fandom. He will either develop a thick skin or he will stop tweeting but I will still blame the idiots who disrespect him. This is a hot button issue for me right up there with RPS.

Here's hoping he returns soon and is back to his sarcastic joking self.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

This is a hot button issue for me right up there with RPS.
              I can imagine.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not just the real sparks, but the strong contender for most inappropriate time to flirt award. And the way Weir positively beamed at Sheppard
                What do you mean, 'most inappropriate time to flirt?' There's no such thing when it comes to John and Elizabeth! They always flirt when death is on the line! LOL!

I guess the 302's were just an add to explain the rope *shrugs* I've always found them a bit odd on Atlantis anyway, they're more of an SG-1 thing. Perhaps if they could go through the gate they'd be more useful.
                Yeah, the 302's really aren't all that useful in Atlantis except for space battles. Maybe if they had retractable wings and some sort of launch sled like the Vipers to shoot 'em through the gate, then extend the wings, I could see it. But that'd be too BSG.

I think Joe still remains a little naive. He's awfully trusting of fans from what I've heard from convention goers and sometimes overshares personal info. I think that he sincerely wanted to be in touch with the fans and let us know where he was and what projects he was involved in. I don't think he anticipated the ignorance that permeates fandom. He will either develop a thick skin or he will stop tweeting but I will still blame the idiots who disrespect him. This is a hot button issue for me right up there with RPS.

Word to all of that, but especially the bolded part. Or, to quote from A Midsummer Night's Dream: "Lord, what fools these mortals be!"
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Word to all of that, but especially the bolded part. Or, to quote from A Midsummer Night's Dream: "Lord, what fools these mortals be!"
                  Oh ! A midsummer nihgt's dream ! I just finished it last week lulla lulla lullaby ^^
                  Elizabeth and John are very sweet together ^^ Especially when John is taking care of her ... *sight*

Comment

Perhaps he needs to have a seperate 'friends only' account? As in, people he knows personally? And have one for public/fan consumption, which he only checks periodically, and uses to tweet about work etc.

I think this is a problem that wouldn't be specific to Joe. Anyone who is in the public eye would have the same issue. It's unfortunate, but that's just the way it is. Look at Torri - she had a secret MySpace page which was 'discovered' by fans

What do you mean, 'most inappropriate time to flirt?' There's no such thing when it comes to John and Elizabeth! They always flirt when death is on the line! LOL!
                    So is that a yes?
                    You didn't say anything
                    I know, I was just soaking in the atmosphere. Erm, yeah, I guess you'd better get Rodney before the jumper implodes
                    Watches Sheppard turn and run away, wonders what she was actually meant to be doing

Yeah, the 302's really aren't all that useful in Atlantis except for space battles. Maybe if they had retractable wings and some sort of launch sled like the Vipers to shoot 'em through the gate, then extend the wings, I could see it. But that'd be too BSG.
                    Back in the ANTI days, I actually wrote a fic in which they'd been fitted with hyperdrive generators (like they tried to in s6 of SG-1). If I recall, I mentioned something about fitting them through the gate, but I hadn't considered the launch sled. It was for part of the Ways Carter Dies in Atlantis series. Hint: it was Walter.

Speaking of fics, I wrote a little more of the dream fic, which is going under the working title Atlantis: The Dallas Chronicles, in reference to the Dallas dream episode. It's not ready to be posted yet. Probie, there's actually some French in it (I just used the google translator, so I'm not sure it's an accurate representation), which pays off later on with a surprising personal revelation (as of this moment unwritten) from Lorne to Ronon.
                    Spoiler:
                    I may not put it in, but there's a scene where it turns out his name isn't actually Evan
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irish-coffee View Post
                      Oh ! A midsummer nihgt's dream ! I just finished it last week lulla lulla lullaby ^^
                      Elizabeth and John are very sweet together ^^ Especially when John is taking care of her ... *sight*
                      Ooooh! Hello, there! Welcome to the Sparky thread!

Perhaps he needs to have a seperate 'friends only' account? As in, people he knows personally? And have one for public/fan consumption, which he only checks periodically, and uses to tweet about work etc.

I think this is a problem that wouldn't be specific to Joe. Anyone who is in the public eye would have the same issue. It's unfortunate, but that's just the way it is. Look at Torri - she had a secret MySpace page which was 'discovered' by fans
                      True, dat. At least he could lock that 'friends only' account, too.

So is that a yes?
                      You didn't say anything
                      I know, I was just soaking in the atmosphere. Erm, yeah, I guess you'd better get Rodney before the jumper implodes
                      Watches Sheppard turn and run away, wonders what she was actually meant to be doing
                      *snickers* Yeah, something like that.

Back in the ANTI days, I actually wrote a fic in which they'd been fitted with hyperdrive generators (like they tried to in s6 of SG-1). If I recall, I mentioned something about fitting them through the gate, but I hadn't considered the launch sled. It was for part of the Ways Carter Dies in Atlantis series. Hint: it was Walter.
                      LMAO!

Speaking of fics, I wrote a little more of the dream fic, which is going under the working title Atlantis: The Dallas Chronicles, in reference to the Dallas dream episode. It's not ready to be posted yet. Probie, there's actually some French in it (I just used the google translator, so I'm not sure it's an accurate representation), which pays off later on with a surprising personal revelation (as of this moment unwritten) from Lorne to Ronon.
                      Spoiler:
                      I may not put it in, but there's a scene where it turns out his name isn't actually Evan
                      'The Dallas Chronicles?' Hahahaha! I LOVE that! Snarky titles are always good!

And Lorne's name not actually Evan? Oh, bring it on!

Comment

*drops in*

Family dinners really stink sometimes.

And back on topic:

So whatcha thinkin, Elizabeth?
                        Well, all the senior staff is currently under quarantine ...
                        Yeah, sorry about bringing back a contagious virus that only we're immune to ...
                        I still wonder what Carson's report will look like.
                        Well, in the meantime, they're all sleeping it off. What do you say we go have movie night by ourselves?
                        All right. Just let me grab the jar from my office.
                        *frowns* Why?
                        You grab beer. I grab Reeses.
                        *face lights up in realization* OH! Got it. Meet ya there!

Sorry, brainfart half way through. But that's what happens when your sister's BF and his fam come over for dinner and you wanna be at the nearest cafe on GW instead of going through all your family problems. Yikes.

Anyhow, next chapter almost done. Will try to fix vid tmrw if possible. Long busy day. Hafta work and put up with all the drunken people. Yay.

BTW, out of curiousity, anybody dressing up as Sparky?!

Comment

Well, the Reese's ties into that flirty 'peanut butter and chocolate' line that John said to Elizabeth in Grace Under Pressure, and, well...

But if we must go into the gutter, I suppose John and Elizabeth could be eating them in bed...
                          How in the name of all that is Sparky could I forget about that line? Makes note to bring DVDs back from parents house ASAP.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*drops in*

And back on topic:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...308_1163-1.jpg

Yeah, sorry about bringing back a contagious virus that only we're immune to ...
                            Well, in the meantime, they're all sleeping it off. What do you say we go have movie night by ourselves?
                            All right. Just let me grab the jar from my office.
                            *frowns* Why?
                            You grab beer. I grab Reeses.

Sorry, brainfart half way through. But that's what happens when your sister's BF and his fam come over for dinner and you wanna be at the nearest cafe on GW instead of going through all your family problems. Yikes.

Anyhow, next chapter almost done. Will try to fix vid tmrw if possible. Long busy day. Hafta work and put up with all the drunken people. Yay.

Beer and Reese's? Hmm, I dunno how good that's going to taste... John better bring along a glass of milk for Lizzeh and a bowl of popcorn for himself...

Dressing up as Sparky? Not me, I'm afraid.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            How in the name of all that is Sparky could I forget about that line? Makes note to bring DVDs back from parents house ASAP.
                            Don't feel bad, I actually forgot about that myself when I was asking about their favorite Halloween candy.

Comment

Ooooh! Hello, there! Welcome to the Sparky thread!
                              Yes, hello/welcome too I must've been particularly unobservant to miss that

True, dat. At least he could lock that 'friends only' account, too.
                              He'd have to use an alias for one of them, I imagine. But that's no different to what people here do on LJ/FBK. I have a LJ account under gateraid, but my facebook (which I seldom use) is under my real name, not!gateraid.

LMAO!
                              If i ever get around to putting my deleted files onto this hard drive, I'll post it on LJ. It's a pretty silly read. Nothing to get excited about

'The Dallas Chronicles?' Hahahaha! I LOVE that! Snarky titles are always good!
                              To be fair, it's also saved on my computer as 'poopity poop poop'. The next few chapters are living up to that description. I wonder if it is too early to put in an exploding lab. Or a sex scene

And Lorne's name not actually Evan? Oh, bring it on!
                              It is and it isn't. But I should stop there.

*drops in*

And back on topic:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...308_1163-1.jpg

<snip for smiley count>

Sorry about the dinner.

If you didn't like your ending, there's always this option:

Who cares? We can finally do that thing we've been talking about for ages!!
                              How many times do I have to say it? You do it for me, and maybe I'll do that for you
                              *frowns* No, not that. Well, that too. I was meaning that other thing.
                              Ohhhh, riiiight.
                              (together): Sex on Rodney's desk

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              I forgot it too. I am a bad sparky

Don't feel bad, I actually forgot about that myself when I was asking about their favorite Halloween candy.
                              In an homage to Grace Under Pressure, I made a fish pie tonight (hey, Sam is a fish. A fish who looks like a whale, but apparently a giant fish. Hey, didn't they call them whales in Echoes?? Hmmmm, continuity error). It's a tenuous link, but a tasty one
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi everybody! Has anybody seen Probie since Friday? We meant to watch BSG together Friday night and she didn't turn up. It's usually me who forgets, not her. I haven't seen her online since, so I'm starting to worry...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Working...
                                X