Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    If worse comes to worse watch Castle. The banter between Castle and Beckett is nearly as good if not better than Sheppard and Weir. *Dodges rotten tomatoes from fellow Sparkies for comment.*
    Yay on the Castle suggestion. They're not better in the chemistry area but you can relax and watch it even when they are paired with other people because you know in the end they will end up together because there is no other cast member to ship with either of them and start a fake ship war that will rage on for years and upset everybody alienating 90% of the fan base and end up getting the show canceled because so many viewers get fed up and stop watching. Yeah. That.

We had way more trick or treaters this year than normally and ended up with 3 pieces of candy left. Whew! But I didn't see one single kid I knew or even one parent I recognized. Odd because we live on a small dead end street.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy belated Halloween! Hope everyone had a good one. We went trick-or-treating with my nephew and niece and they had a blast, but my sister's neighborhood is not Halloween friendly. It's dark and rural and all the houses are on over an acre a piece, so the driveways were SO LONG.

My nephew is a bit of a wuss, too. He petered out after about 10 houses and was content with his candy stash. I asked my sister how she could have produced such an offspring, when she and I, at his age, started before sunset and stayed out til eleven and filled up whole pillowcases. =\

gater, I'll be waiting eagerly for that fic.

Point of business--How are the SS6 fics coming? I'm still plugging away at RTP, I--but I'd like to do a status check. If you haven't started at least outlining and you've got one of the first 8, you need to do so...
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Trick or treat turnout was down from last year... we had a whole bag of Reese's peanut butter cups (the big ones) left. Yum.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        The Dallas one is a long, long way from being ready for that. It's 2400 words and they haven't even activated the recall device yet. And I don't know what the big bad is yet. I have one idea - it is pretty stupid though. Actually, I just had another one as I wrote that last sentence, perhaps a little difficult to accomplish. I still have plenty of time for a eureka moment.
        Those ideas pop up at the most interesting times, don't they?

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        I'd be more concerned about disinfecting that jet from Brain Storm
        *snorts*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Yay on the Castle suggestion. They're not better in the chemistry area but you can relax and watch it even when they are paired with other people because you know in the end they will end up together because there is no other cast member to ship with either of them and start a fake ship war that will rage on for years and upset everybody alienating 90% of the fan base and end up getting the show canceled because so many viewers get fed up and stop watching. Yeah. That.
        LOL!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Point of business--How are the SS6 fics coming? I'm still plugging away at RTP, I--but I'd like to do a status check. If you haven't started at least outlining and you've got one of the first 8, you need to do so...
        I'm not as far on RtP2 as I'd like; outline is done, but I still only have about 4 pages' worth of dialogue fragments from various parts of the episode. Argh. Time to hunker down and get to it.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I have 5 pages done on To Build A Fire and a rough one page summation of the next scene. This week is crazy but I hope to work on it next week. I think I'm going to need help with ideas to fill it out.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I have 5 pages done on To Build A Fire and a rough one page summation of the next scene. This week is crazy but I hope to work on it next week. I think I'm going to need help with ideas to fill it out.
            You know we'll glad to help out!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I admire you, guys. I don't know where you find the time and the imagination to do this. Can't wait to read it and can't wait to do my 'propaganda' for you at the end of this month.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Just thought I'd say this, but if anyone needs a soundboard or anything... Lemming's at your service.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Back and still alive, although I have a serious wisdom tooth problem, and about to be a good little poster again. What did I miss, guys?
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Happy belated Halloween! Hope everyone had a good one. We went trick-or-treating with my nephew and niece and they had a blast, but my sister's neighborhood is not Halloween friendly. It's dark and rural and all the houses are on over an acre a piece, so the driveways were SO LONG.

My nephew is a bit of a wuss, too. He petered out after about 10 houses and was content with his candy stash. I asked my sister how she could have produced such an offspring, when she and I, at his age, started before sunset and stayed out til eleven and filled up whole pillowcases. =\

gater, I'll be waiting eagerly for that fic.

I have three pages of "Box of dreams" and most of the fic outlined. I think a talk with Erin will become necessary rather soon, because of the fic she's writing, that's dealing with Teyla, for the character - continuity sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      I have three pages of "Box of dreams" and most of the fic outlined. I think a talk with Erin will become necessary rather soon, because of the fic she's writing, that's dealing with Teyla, for the character - continuity sake.
                      We should probably all 3 of us chat (and SK too), since I'm writing the 3rd episode, which is Teyla centric, and Erin will have to take some of her cues from me. I, in turn, will have to take my cues in part from SK, because she'll be setting up the very first moments of Teyla's return to Pegasus.

Teyla's going to have a nice strong arc with some depth and development, so it would be good for all of us to hammer out the details early, you're right.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

We should probably all 3 of us chat (and SK too), since I'm writing the 3rd episode, which is Teyla centric, and Erin will have to take some of her cues from me. I, in turn, will have to take my cues in part from SK, because she'll be setting up the very first moments of Teyla's return to Pegasus.

Teyla's going to have a nice strong arc with some depth and development, so it would be good for all of us to hammer out the details early, you're right.
                        I absolutely agree, we definitely have to talk about our stories and how Teyla's arc develops. I definitely need to know what kind of mindset she is in, at the beginning of BoD. Tell you what - I'll write up what I have planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Back and still alive, although I have a serious wisdom tooth problem, and about to be a good little poster again. What did I miss, guys?
                          Gah! *huggles Anuna* Wisdom teeth suck. Who needs them? They obviously didn't do TPTW any good ...

Anyhow, getting on Vimeo to post my video. *crosses fingers*

Comment

Okay, here's the link. If this doesn't work, I'm gonna scream. Lucky for you, y'all can't hear it!

... sooooo???

Okay. I'm uploading it to PB. Plan C.

Comment

Okay. I'm getting pissed off. And it's not your fault, I've just a bad day, still have more work to do, and ... argh!

If I attach a video and spoiler it, will it still take forever to load? Should I not do that?

Comment

I absolutely concur with this. We need an email exchange between the four of us on Teyla's arc; or maybe we could use the chatroom on the SGA Rising site?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Okay. I'm getting pissed off. And it's not your fault, I've just a bad day, still have more work to do, and ... argh!

If I attach a video and spoiler it, will it still take forever to load? Should I not do that?
                                Hmm, I think the countdown thing is Vimeo's doing, so I'm not sure that putting it under spoiler tags on GW would solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X