No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Sparkies! How is everyone doing today?

I just got myself a brand new phone and boy am I happy with it
    wait... that 's off-topic...
    euhm... I can now watch Sparkyvids and read John/Liz fanfic on it and that makes me uberhappy
    There... on topic *grinz proudly*

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post

euhm... I can now watch Sparkyvids and read John/Liz fanfic on it and that makes me uberhappy
      Gah I want a super gadget like that - I'd love to take my favorite sparky stuff with me everywhere I go. Must work on that.

Anyway... more sparky stuff I just mentioned? I'm not a Gaga fan, unless it's crack related.... or this:

Spoiler:
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post

Hee! I've downloaded the iBooks app to my iPod touch and am working on converting some Sparky fic so I can read it on the train down to Comic-Con.

Speaking of which, I had a thought: Since e-readers are becoming more and more popular with many people, I was wondering if we should offer our Atlantis Rising fics for download in e-reader formats? Obviously, that's something to look at more when it comes time to start posting the fics online, but I think that might broaden our accessibility.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Gah I want a super gadget like that - I'd love to take my favorite sparky stuff with me everywhere I go. Must work on that.

Anyway... more sparky stuff I just mentioned? I'm not a Gaga fan, unless it's crack related.... or this:

Rar, I love it when Lizzie gets snarly and tough. John loves it too... just look at the way he's always trying to keep himself from grinning! John, you are soooo obvious!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Rar, I love it when Lizzie gets snarly and tough. John loves it too... just look at the way he's always trying to keep himself from grinning! John, you are soooo obvious!
            Hehe, isn't he? Guys usually are, and I think she reads him well, but I think the opposite is also true. Through three seasons they really got to know each other well, which, again, works for this ship. They come across as mature and very real.

Anyway, to answer your question about e - readers - while I don't own one (and they're still not so popular over here), I'm aware many many people own them - which makes your idea a great idea, actually Making our stories accessible will prove we're serious about this Sparky project

Now I have a question. I'm trying to write a fic where John got pissed at Elizabeth. I think we've seen all versions of he didn't respect her order/he did something stupid and she got pissed at him, but I'd like to do it other way around, however coming up with a scenario where she makes him angry isn't easy (aren't we making her a little too perfect?)

Anyway guys - what do you think - what could Elizabeth do, to make John angry?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Gee I thought we were doing a good job of working Sparky into our discussion. Sorry if we offended the lurkers. They were welcome to tell us how wrong we were but I guess they save that to harass people in other places. Now maybe they will leave us alone to talk about Sparky.

And will this new attention to being on topic also apply to other threads? Sorry for the sarcasm. I know you are just doing your job but we are tired of the whiners who hate us.
              I really don't know what that was about, but does that mean i should be reporting all the Kanaan and Kanaan/Teyla bashing i find myself seeing all over the place since i do like that ship and have always said so?
              Anyway hows the virtual series coming along? When do you guys think the first ep will come out?
              sigpic

Comment

I know, replying to my own post, I just wanted to make sure this was seen...

It seemed to me that Atlantis had set up some sort of Alpha Site-esque field camp on New Athos after the Athosians disappeared (didn't we see that in This Mortal Coil? I'll have to check...). Probably to keep an eye on the place and have someone there in case the Athosians came back on their own. It was probably still okay for the Athosians to move back there once Keller de-hybrided them after The Seed. So yeah, I'm guessing that's where the Athosians are now, and where we'll have them during Atlantis Rising.
                Okay, I checked, and no, the planet where Atlantis had that little field camp where the Clone!Team met with Team Shep in This Mortal Coil was NOT New Athos. Hmm, I could swear that in some episode in Season 4, I had heard about a team being stationed there after the Athosians disappeared, though. Maybe it was an investigation team looking for clues to what happened to the Athosians? CSI: Pegasus.

Comment

I know, replying to my own post, I just wanted to make sure this was seen...

Okay, I checked, and no, the planet where Atlantis had that little field camp where the Clone!Team met with Team Shep in This Mortal Coil was NOT New Athos. Hmm, I could swear that in some episode in Season 4, I had heard about a team being stationed there after the Athosians disappeared, though. Maybe it was an investigation team looking for clues to what happened to the Athosians? CSI: Pegasus.
                  It can never be simple, can it? So, will we put Athosians to a completely new planet, or ...?

Comment

Hehe, isn't he? Guys usually are, and I think she reads him well, but I think the opposite is also true. Through three seasons they really got to know each other well, which, again, works for this ship. They come across as mature and very real.
                    *huggles John... but not too much, or Lizzie will get mad*

Anyway, to answer your question about e - readers - while I don't own one (and they're still not so popular over here), I'm aware many many people own them - which makes your idea a great idea, actually Making our stories accessible will prove we're serious about this Sparky project
                    *nods* Especially since more and more app software to read ebooks on cell phones or PDAs without a dedicated ereader (Kindle, Nook, etc.) expands the potential audience pool even further.

Now I have a question. I'm trying to write a fic where John got pissed at Elizabeth. I think we've seen all versions of he didn't respect her order/he did something stupid and she got pissed at him, but I'd like to do it other way around, however coming up with a scenario where she makes him angry isn't easy (aren't we making her a little too perfect?)

Anyway guys - what do you think - what could Elizabeth do, to make John angry?
                    Hmm, what might Elizabeth do that would make John mad? I know it's kind of a cliche, but insisting on going off world without sufficient security (well, sufficient in John's eyes). He's always concerned for her safety, after all. Maybe an argument over military versus civilian issues, like we saw in First Strike...

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    I really don't know what that was about, but does that mean i should be reporting all the Kanaan and Kanaan/Teyla bashing i find myself seeing all over the place since i do like that ship and have always said so?
                    Anyway hows the virtual series coming along? When do you guys think the first ep will come out?
                    Yes, if there are posts out there that are making you uncomfortable, by all means report them! *hugs*

I'm not sure when the first episode of Atlantis Rising is coming out. Eri wanted to do some final discussion regarding the continuity timeline's transition from the TV series to our fic series, but she wanted to finish the timeline first. I think we're going to start writing soon, though.

Comment

It can never be simple, can it? So, will we put Athosians to a completely new planet, or ...?
                      Oh, I think we can just have them return to New Athos. I can still see Atlantis having a presence there; certainly, right after the Athosians disappeared, I'd think Teyla would insist on someone staying there in case the Athosians came back. As time went by, they might have pulled back a little, perhaps only checking the settlement every week or so, but I think Atlantis would've kept an eye on things, so everything would still be there and ready for the Athosians to move back to after they were rescued.

Comment

Oh, I think we can just have them return to New Athos. I can still see Atlantis having a presence there; certainly, right after the Athosians disappeared, I'd think Teyla would insist on someone staying there in case the Athosians came back. As time went by, they might have pulled back a little, perhaps only checking the settlement every week or so, but I think Atlantis would've kept an eye on things, so everything would still be there and ready for the Athosians to move back to after they were rescued.
                        Would the Athosians want to go back there after everything though? Thats what I've always wondered.
                        sigpic

Comment

Would the Athosians want to go back there after everything though? Thats what I've always wondered.
                          Well they do know the place, it's familiar surroundings. I see that as a plus. However, if we're planning a "surprise - monster" in "First Year", I think a new, relatively unfamiliar planet is a better choice.

Comment

That's a good point. They didn't go back to the original Athos because apparently the Wraith had done some sort of 'scorched earth' attack on the planet in retaliation for that Wraith hive getting bombed in Rising.

Hey, that reminds me! Do any of you remember that weird beam of light that the Wraith were using in Letters From Pegasus? That's clearly not the Wraith's usual 'collecting fresh meat' beam, so what the heck is it? Teyla didn't know, and we never saw it again after that. I wonder if we might have an opportunity to see it again and find out what it is in one of the Wraith episodes we've got planned for Atlantis Rising...

Comment

Well they do know the place, it's familiar surroundings. I see that as a plus. However, if we're planning a "surprise - monster" in "First Year", I think a new, relatively unfamiliar planet is a better choice.
                              Quite true. On the other hand, they had only been on New Athos for less than a year at the time Michael took them. It's very possible that they might not have seen everything on New Athos yet. Plenty of opportunity for hidden monsters.

ETA: The Ancients probably did a cursory check of the planet before they settled the Athosians there, but given how many other times the Ancients have been overconfident, one has to wonder just how good that scan might have been.

Comment

That's a good point. They didn't go back to the original Athos because apparently the Wraith had done some sort of 'scorched earth' attack on the planet in retaliation for that Wraith hive getting bombed in Rising.

Hey, that reminds me! Do any of you remember that weird beam of light that the Wraith were using in Letters From Pegasus? That's clearly not the Wraith's usual 'collecting fresh meat' beam, so what the heck is it? Teyla didn't know, and we never saw it again after that. I wonder if we might have an opportunity to see it again and find out what it is in one of the Wraith episodes we've got planned for Atlantis Rising...
                                Yup I remember that. A scanner?

Comment

Working...
                                X