Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    I don't think the jumpers themselves have cameras (I could be wrong). As long as they walked in fully clothed, and walked out the same way, there'd be no problem. Call it a maintenance test?
    That'd be one helluva test, LOL!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sorry, I should preview before I post

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Gee, poor Greg Grant. Left behind in Phoenix.
      I think we were supposed to forget he existed. I would've if you hadn't mentioned him *shrugs*

Who knows, maybe it's 'was' at this point. It could be something like we've planned for Atlantis Rising, how the remaining Athosians aren't happy with how Teyla's always been away from them. *shrugs* Personally, I agree with you that she would want to go back... perhaps she didn't at first because she and the others didn't realize that they'd be on Earth for so long.
      I was always a little fuzzy about the Athosian leadership. She mentions being their leader, but also how she had to 'leave' them. Once the Ancients came back and they left Lantea, it seemed quite unclear to me
      sigpic

Comment

Gee, poor Greg Grant. Left behind in Phoenix.

Who knows, maybe it's 'was' at this point. It could be something like we've planned for Atlantis Rising, how the remaining Athosians aren't happy with how Teyla's always been away from them. *shrugs* Personally, I agree with you that she would want to go back... perhaps she didn't at first because she and the others didn't realize that they'd be on Earth for so long.
        Maybe the rest of the Athosians are on Atlantis too, not like there are many left anyway. But yeah, I can't really picture her wanting to stay. shed definately feel she had a responsibility to the PG people to help them fight the wraith.
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I should preview before I post

I think we were supposed to forget he existed. I would've if you hadn't mentioned him *shrugs*
          Forget Nancy's new beau! Never!

I was always a little fuzzy about the Athosian leadership. She mentions being their leader, but also how she had to 'leave' them. Once the Ancients came back and they left Lantea, it seemed quite unclear to me
          *snorts* More like they left her to go to the mainland to get away from the paranoid Earthers. It seemed like she was back in full leader mode when we saw her and Ronon on New Athos in The Return Part 1, though.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
            Maybe the rest of the Athosians are on Atlantis too, not like there are many left anyway. But yeah, I can't really picture her wanting to stay. shed definately feel she had a responsibility to the PG people to help them fight the wraith.
            Hmm, last we heard of the other Athosians was that they were being kept in a refugee camp on the mainland of M35-117 (aka New Lantea, the planet Atlantis was on in Seasons 4 & 5, etc.) while they were being treated by Keller to reverse the genetic alterations that Michael did to turn them into his hybrids. Kanaan was fully cured, and as I recall, both he and Teyla have gone to visit the others, but I don't know if they're still on M35-117 or if they moved back to New Athos. Based on Mallozzi's comments, though, it sounds like the rest are definitely still in Pegasus.

Comment

*snorts* More like they left her to go to the mainland to get away from the paranoid Earthers. It seemed like she was back in full leader mode when we saw her and Ronon on New Athos in The Return Part 1, though.
              Where exactly did the athosians go after Micheal, was it ever mentioned on the show? I know it was mentioned that at least Kanaan and the others experimented on were on the mainland for treatment, and it wasn't until Broken Ties that we were told that Kanaan was allowed into the city, but where did the others go. Back to New Athos, the place they were kidnapped from?
              sigpic

Comment

I think that's a factor of how many extras they could afford though. If you look at Rising, there are 50? that come through the gate. But when you look at later eps when Teyla visits them on the mainland, there are a lot of tents. I assume that they intended there to be hundreds of Athosians, possibly as many as a thousand, but couldn't afford it. But that's only a guess.

Also, one could argue that they rescued more Athosians than what was shown from Michael. Plus, they may have converted some of the hybrids back (they did it with Kanaan). That's drawing a long bow though.

It is a bit unclear where the rest of the Athosians are though. I assume back on New Athos. Teyla mentioned something to Franibeth about Kanaans whereabouts, but it seemed like she was fudging the truth because she didn't trust Franibeth

It's been a while since I saw any s4 eps

But then after that, they just forgot to mention them. That's why people in fandom, myself included, just have to guess
                sigpic

Comment

Frak! Why is my preview not working? Already answered *headdesk*
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmm, last we heard of the other Athosians was that they were being kept in a refugee camp on the mainland of M35-117 (aka New Lantea, the planet Atlantis was on in Seasons 4 & 5, etc.) while they were being treated by Keller to reverse the genetic alterations that Michael did to turn them into his hybrids. Kanaan was fully cured, and as I recall, both he and Teyla have gone to visit the others, but I don't know if they're still on M35-117 or if they moved back to New Athos. Based on Mallozzi's comments, though, it sounds like the rest are definitely still in Pegasus.

I hope they wouldnt abandon people on a planet without a gate lol. Maybe if there werent enough of them the went to go live with friends?
                    sigpic

Comment

You guys mean when they were rescued from Michael during The Kindred, Part 2, right?

Where exactly did the athosians go after Micheal, was it ever mentioned on the show? I know it was mentioned that at least Kanaan and the others experimented on were on the mainland for treatment, and it wasn't until Broken Ties that we were told that Kanaan was allowed into the city, but where did the others go. Back to New Athos, the place they were kidnapped from?
                      Hah! We posted at the same time!

Also, one could argue that they rescued more Athosians than what was shown from Michael. Plus, they may have converted some of the hybrids back (they did it with Kanaan). That's drawing a long bow though.

It is a bit unclear where the rest of the Athosians are though. I assume back on New Athos. Teyla mentioned something to Franibeth about Kanaans whereabouts, but it seemed like she was fudging the truth because she didn't trust Franibeth
                      That's how I always interpreted that scene.

But then after that, they just forgot to mention them. That's why people in fandom, myself included, just have to guess
                      At least, until Michael kidnapped them in Season 4.

I think that's a factor of how many extras they could afford though. If you look at Rising, there are 50? that come through the gate. But when you look at later eps when Teyla visits them on the mainland, there are a lot of tents. I assume that they intended there to be hundreds of Athosians, possibly as many as a thousand, but couldn't afford it. But that's only a guess.
                      I always figured that the group we saw come through the gate in Rising was just one camp, the closest one to the gate, and that there were other camps further out that they had to come back for to get them evacuated before the Wraith came back.

Comment

Although John/Nancy would be better and way more logical than some other couples, I am for our Season 6 and a nice, heartfelt John/Elizabeth reuinion, then decent buildup that leads what should have been long ago on screen.

*raises hand and dances*

OMG the earthquake pics!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I hope they wouldnt abandon people on a planet without a gate lol. Maybe if there werent enough of them the went to go live with friends?
                          That's kind of why I figure that the rest of the survivors of Michael's experiments did eventually leave the mainland on New Lantea and went back to New Athos.

Comment

It's been a while since I saw any s4 eps

Didnt some or a lot of the people Micheal converted get killed in the Kindred pt 2. There were only a handful of Athosians with Halling, and i get it about the extras, but werent there a lot of people in the stasis chambers that were killed? As for Teyla as leader. I always saw Halling as their leader after they left Atlantis. I saw Teyla more of an ambassador for the Athosians than a leader. She wouldve beenn respected in the Return but I never saw her as going back to be their leader.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Although John/Nancy would be better and way more logical than some other couples, I am for our Season 6 and a nice, heartfelt John/Elizabeth reuinion, then decent buildup that leads what should have been long ago on screen.

*raises hand and dances*

OMG the earthquake pics!
                              You and me both. Viva Atlantis Rising!

ZOMG, the earthquake is so funny!

Comment

*yawns* And now, this little kitty is very tired after a long day, and it's time to go to sleep. So I will bid you all good night, and pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

Working...
                                X