Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
    No right to defend my favourite characters, I understand.
    Next time someone will write that Elizabeth was sexually harassing a younger Sheppard and I will have to smile and be merry.
    JG is writing about a poly-amorous psyco-Sheppard and I have to sing lullabies in her honour.
    McKay is considered a pervy and I have to dance in happiness.

Guess I'm not the right person to be around GW anymore ... I apologize to you and any other Sparky who think I acted improperly.
    The problem with debating on a forum is that responses can be interpreted a number of ways. Just because someone uses terms you find 'strong' or 'offensive' doesn't mean they're being disrespectful to you. I happen to really like McKeller, and at the same time I didn't find the response about McKay being 'pervy' offensive. That was one viewer's opinion; it's one person's way of seeing that ship. It wasn't intended to point out that your love, or my love, of that ship is wrong, just that to them personally it doesn't make sense. It's why there are people out there who ship Sheyla and people who ship Sparky--we see two different things.

You were watching the same show, you just had two different interpretations of it. Nothing wrong with either. But there is a fine line between showing your support for McKeller and criticizing someone else for not seeing it the way you do. Everyone's interpretation of love can be different, we don't all have to see it the same.

Lythisrose, As to the McKeller question, as we write this we are going with how canon plays out--and more importantly, we're doing it in a sensible manner. Through Enemy at the Gate, there was nothing to indicate they were in trouble, no show runners said they'd have a problem in the future, and we certainly don't want to go the route of weak writing and contrive something silly. But as Southern Red pointed out, we're trying to balance out all characters and make them act in believable ways, so all ships will only be entertained as they work within the context of our stories--meaning we'll not be giving anybody 'token' moments just to put them in, but we also won't be avoiding them if there is a point where putting them in makes sense. I'm sure there will be parts of our season that various groups dislike, because we can't write to please everybody, but I hope everyone will give it a chance to entertain them.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I have no problems. Weird.
      must be my browser, hmmmm
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        ....meaning we'll not be giving anybody 'token' moments just to put them in...
        You don't need to write them to see them... ...Wait, that's not right. It's "not because it's not written, it's not there"... *ponders* .... No Kate/Teyla then?

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        must be my browser, hmmmm
        I use Firefox.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You were watching the same show, you just had two different interpretations of it. Nothing wrong with either. But there is a fine line between showing your support for McKeller and criticizing someone else for not seeing it the way you do. Everyone's interpretation of love can be different, we don't all have to see it the same.

Lythisrose, As to the McKeller question, as we write this we are going with how canon plays out--and more importantly, we're doing it in a sensible manner. Through Enemy at the Gate, there was nothing to indicate they were in trouble, no show runners said they'd have a problem in the future, and we certainly don't want to go the route of weak writing and contrive something silly. But as Southern Red pointed out, we're trying to balance out all characters and make them act in believable ways, so all ships will only be entertained as they work within the context of our stories--meaning we'll not be giving anybody 'token' moments just to put them in, but we also won't be avoiding them if there is a point where putting them in makes sense. I'm sure there will be parts of our season that various groups dislike, because we can't write to please everybody, but I hope everyone will give it a chance to entertain them.
          I appreciate discussing this, and as above, sorry I used inflammatory terms to describe my reaction. I have a feeling I am going to love your new season as everything else I have read seems "right" and the fics I've read by the authors on this thread are so well done.
          (this is why I think I mainly stick to posting news items )

@FH ahhh, I'm using IE8....
          sigpic

Comment

I agree with Lythisrose even if I would not use the word "pervy". Why I don't like this relationship:
            - They are too different. I know you will say "the opposite can be together...." but they are too different.
            - They are acting like children. Like it was the first crush.
            - The whole Ronan/Mckay/Keller has a bad influence on the couple.
            - The scene "I love you" from Rodney made me laugh ( I love you since the first time I saw you....oh come on!)
            - The character of Keller was not well written but it's not the only one.

I don't care about the difference of age. Carter/O'Neill....bad example I'm not fan of them.lol But you know what I want to say. But it's already hard for TPTB to write on couple with same ages....
            And I just realized the canon ship has a different age (Carter/O'Neill, Teyla/John, Keller/Mckay)...Ok you know what, I can't stay. Portugal is playing. I will do the rest of my post later.lol
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              You don't need to write them to see them... ...Wait, that's not right. It's "not because it's not written, it's not there"... *ponders* .... No Kate/Teyla then?

I use Firefox.
              Firefox ROCKS!

Don't worry little lemming. You can sniff them out to your hearts content, and I will admit to a few token things, as one major plot shimmy we're doing involves a certain red-haired psychologist.

Comment

Firefox ROCKS!
                *nods* Big fan of the Fox!

You can sniff them out to your hearts content, and I will admit to a few token things, as one major plot shimmy we're doing involves a certain red-haired psychologist.
                I'm an expert sniffer. That's what 5 episode do to a person.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I appreciate discussing this, and as above, sorry I used inflammatory terms to describe my reaction. I have a feeling I am going to love your new season as everything else I have read seems "right" and the fics I've read by the authors on this thread are so well done.
                  (this is why I think I mainly stick to posting news items )

@FH ahhh, I'm using IE8....
                  No worries. Everyone's entitled to their opinions and we can't always agree on everything.

I hope you like it! We're doing our best to make it something most people can love.

Which reminds me, I need to go back to my timeline.

Comment

OK, I am truly sorry I offended with the words I used. McKay is one of my favorite characters. I do have a very strong reaction and those are the impressions I had. I am glad that I was able to express my dislike for the pairing here, though, as it was a major area of contention in the fandom and continues to be so for me, at least.
                    I don't want to be the one to create hard feelings on your thread - it is one of the most well-written, thoughtful, entertaining and enlightening threads on this board and I wholeheartedly support Sparky and Season 6! Common ground?
                    (also the comment about replying was in reference to how difficult it is to create a reply when the box won't let you scroll without returning you to the top of your comment -arrggggg)
                    No need to apologize. We disagree among ourselves about a lot of things but somehow keep enjoying Sparky as a team. Come and join us anytime.

Firefox ROCKS!

Don't worry little lemming. You can sniff them out to your hearts content, and I will admit to a few token things, as one major plot shimmy we're doing involves a certain red-haired psychologist.
                    I'm a Safari fan myself. Mr. SR and I have some spirited Safari v. Firefox discussions. LOL I mean, how can you not love Safari's top sites. I'd be lost without it. What?
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Firefox ROCKS!
                      I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

OK, I am truly sorry I offended with the words I used. McKay is one of my favorite characters. I do have a very strong reaction and those are the impressions I had. I am glad that I was able to express my dislike for the pairing here, though, as it was a major area of contention in the fandom and continues to be so for me, at least.
                        I don't want to be the one to create hard feelings on your thread - it is one of the most well-written, thoughtful, entertaining and enlightening threads on this board and I wholeheartedly support Sparky and Season 6! Common ground?
                        (also the comment about replying was in reference to how difficult it is to create a reply when the box won't let you scroll without returning you to the top of your comment -arrggggg)
                        Honestly, I thought that what you said was not offensive or inflammatory in any way. You don't like McKeller, you were simply describing how it looked to you, and you weren't trying to bash anybody. So there's no need to apologize.

And just to add to that... We're not even going to put John and Elizabeth together romantically this season, so that should give a good indication of just how low-key we'll be running.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        I'm a Safari fan myself. Mr. SR and I have some spirited Safari v. Firefox discussions. LOL I mean, how can you not love Safari's top sites. I'd be lost without it. What?
                        *snickers*
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's official: I'm sad and sick.lol
                          It's the end for us. We had a good team but no luck. I hate Spain.lol
                          Now I can be focus on Sparky but no this week because I have to accept that we are loosers.lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            It's official: I'm sad and sick.lol
                            It's the end for us. We had a good team but no luck. I hate Spain.lol
                            Now I can be focus on Sparky but no this week because I have to accept that we are loosers.lol
                            Awww... *hugs Probie*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ditto on Firefox. I love it.

On expressing criticism, I try to go by the rule of expressing my opinion in a kind way. Most of the time, that is, sometimes my temper flares up, I'm not a saint. But my personal ideal is to listen to others opinions and express disagreement in a polite way. So, I think everyone is welcome to express their opinions, while at the same time respecting the opinions of others. It's actually hard to do, I know first hand :/ Sometimes I fail, and when I do, I usually learn why it's important to keep trying. We can't have a constructive conversation that's gonna make something, anything, better if we don't respect each other.
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Awww... *hugs Probie*
                                I also hate the referee even if it's not his fault.lol
                                I'm angry, sick and now sad.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X