Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Geeze, I guess I should be glad I never got further into the Tudors fandom than snerching a few delicious costume pictures, eh?
    Oh god the Anne Boleyn fans are so freaking touchy. They only like Anne because she is popular (though I like her with Sheppard) My birthday is on May 19th the anniversery of Anne's execution (we joke that I am her self loathing recarnation), and they are like how the hell are you happy today I'm like ummm it's my birthday. And they rip poor Jane Seymour to Shreads. Like Seriously Anne wasn't a saint hereslf.

Anyway you don't see me going around when I see someone saying they don't like opinions, whatever happened to freedom of speech?

*is rambling*
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      Or that! Or he was humming to himself:

Love is a burning thing
      and it makes a firery ring
      bound by wild desire
      I fell in to a ring of fire...

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
      I went down,down,down
      and the flames went higher.
      And it burns,burns,burns
      the ring of fire
      the ring of fire.

The taste of love is sweet
      when hearts like our's meet
      I fell for you like a child
      oh, but the fire went wild..

I fell in to a burning ring of fire

Imagine what happened when he went home:

Mrs. Flanigan (Her name is Katherine I believe): HI HONEY HOW WAS YOUR DAY!
      Joe: I was bound and gagged to a chair how'd you think my day was.
      I have a burning desire to listen to some Johnny Cash all of a sudden, LOL.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        I actually wouldn't mind hearing Joe sing it. I've never heard him sing.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          It happens when I hear the Social Distortion Cover and think of John Sheppard.
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

It happens when I hear the Social Distortion Cover and think of John Sheppard.
            The what? Is that a band or something?

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
              The what? Is that a band or something?
              Social Distortion is a band....a really good Band.
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

*snickers* I think Joe was asked at a con a few years ago if he sang, and he said he sang very badly. And then proceeded to sing something (Happy Birthday?) very, very badly. LOL!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Social Distortion is a band....a really good Band.
                  Oh, ok. I'm an old soul when it comes to music. I mostly prefer the crooners.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

*snickers* I think Joe was asked at a con a few years ago if he sang, and he said he sang very badly. And then proceeded to sing something (Happy Birthday?) very, very badly. LOL!
                    Aww, poor Joe. That kinda sucks actually, I really like his voice. His speaking one that is.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

You mean this vid?

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/3900674
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

hey did you guys figure out an actress to play that genii girlfriend of Sheppard's in Atlantis Rising?

Comment

I dont know where this fits into the recent convo, but:

Spoiler:

Dr Weir: What do you think you're doing?

Caldwell: Ma'am, you wouldn't let me sit on your desk like Sheppard does, so I requisitioned one of my own

This one I found whilst I was looking for the next one

Spoiler:

I dont know what was in that coffee, but this is a great way to start the day

Spoiler:

John, you never listen. I said I wanted to Wang Chung tonight, not a chunky wang tonight *shakes head*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            I dont know where this fits into the recent convo, but:

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28930[/ATTACH]

Dr Weir: What do you think you're doing?

Caldwell: Ma'am, you wouldn't let me sit on your desk like Sheppard does, so I requisitioned one of my own

This one I found whilst I was looking for the next one

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28931[/ATTACH]

I dont know what was in that coffee, but this is a great way to start the day

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28932[/ATTACH]

John, you never listen. I said I wanted to Wang Chung tonight, not a chunky wang tonight *shakes head*
                            i like the one with caldwell

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                              Let me follow the commandments and give a big shout out to everyone involved with SGA Rising. Amazing: what you've accomplished- and the endorsements you've earned. Simply amazing.
                              That's so great to hear! I'll definitely keep checking back. Reading the summaries for the episodes got me really excited for them!
                              Thanks so much. We are excited too and hope we live up to everyone's expectations.

*cackles* In-very-deed, Zandra is right! Join the dark side... We have cookies!
                              We used to have mints also. What have you put in that jar you bought?

Heehee!

As for the daily meme, I seem to recall that we decided to not do the "least favorite pairing" one because we didn't want to get modded because of people from other ships complaining that we were 'bashing' their ships. SW, you might want to change your post...
                              *raises hand, takes the fifth* Not going there.

I'm going to post my opinion in a spoiler so that I don't easily offend someone.

Spoiler:
                              I honestly think that people who get offended over someone else's opinions need to grow up some. I mean I realize everyone does it but people are allowed their own separate opinions and if you don't like what they have to say, don't respond.

Also, if people from other "Ships"/"Pairings" are on this thread, then they should be prepared for the people on this thread to NOT like their own. Did that make sense?

I apologize if I've offended anyone. I tend to follow "To Each His Own" very closely.
                              In a perfect world you would be entirely correct, but GW or any forum for that matter is far from perfect. People think their opinion is the only one that counts and don't tolerate those who disagree. And oddly, the guiltiest parties claim to be entirely innocent and that the "other side" doesn't tolerate them while continuing to spread bitter hatred. Believe me, I could tell you stories from the old days that would curl your hair. It wasn't pretty. So now we Sparky shippers stay mostly close to home and caution newbies to not even bring up certain subjects.

We'll be lucky if this little exchange isn't modded.

Here's another video that might make you change your mind. LOL

And just a quick announcement. I'm going down to visit my bro today for the weekend. I'll check in while there but won't be around as much as usual. Try to miss me.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Here's another video that might make you change your mind. LOL

And just a quick announcement. I'm going down to visit my bro today for the weekend. I'll check in while there but won't be around as much as usual. Try to miss me.
                                aww, thanks for sharing that vid. its really good, i like claudias story in it

see ya SR - have a good weekend!!

Comment

Working...
                                X