Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I don't know if I have enough courage...

I will... though like I said I don't know if I have the guts (to gain the glory)...
    No guts...no glory. You know I had to say that. Besides, she doesn't know you. You're a huge Teyla fan and so is she so you have that much in common anyway. You can do it. and report back
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I think in the early days they said Teyla was in her early to mid twenties but that may have been before they hired RL. A lot of things changed in character descriptions after the pilot but some people just insist on having it all like it was originally.
      That makes a bit more sense, usually they make the character's age older than the actor's. Although RL looks to have barely aged at all since the pilot.
      sigpic

Comment

No guts...no glory. You know I had to say that. Besides, she doesn't know you. You're a huge Teyla fan and so is she so you have that much in common anyway. You can do it. and report back
        SR is right, as a Teyla fan, you can easily say to her: "Look, as a fellow Teyla fan, I'm really not happy with the rumors I'm hearing about the book and these are my comments and questions..."
        Or something along those lines...

Sig by me

Comment

*transforms into Lemming and off she goes*
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*builds a firewall of protection around FH*
            sigpic

Comment

Bring on the cookies my dearies... link to comment

Spoiler:
              Hi, there's something here that caught my eye that sparked a little "Hey, wait a minute..."-kind of feeling in the back of my head.

You meantion (and let me quote you here a little):

He's forty or so. Has he been sitting around for the last forty years waiting for Michael to kidnap him or be noticed by Teyla?

According to a snippet from The Kindred part I (though at first not sure it actually happened in the show, and this is coming from the person who's seen every episode of Atlantis at least 5 times) which is a conversation between Carter and Teyla, there's the revelation Teyla and Kanaan knew each other since childhood:

CARTER: I wanna believe you, Teyla, but I'm a scientist. I'm trained to think critically.

TEYLA: There is a possible explanation. Kanaan has the Gift – the same ability that I do.

CARTER: The Wraith D.N.A.?

TEYLA: Yes. Among my people, the Gift is considered useful, but it also sets one apart. It can be difficult. Kanaan was the only one who could truly understand what it felt like.

CARTER: It brought you together.

TEYLA: It is something we have shared since childhood.

And as I copy and paste that, I remember a conversation between Keller and Teyla from Missing (those repeated viewings are paying off after all):

KELLER: So, this friend of yours – one of your team members? A certain uptight astro-physicist, maybe?

TEYLA: No. Athosian. His name is Kanaan. A natural leader, but he isn't aware of it. Burdened by an overly-cautious nature. (She looks down sadly.)

KELLER: He's more than a friend, isn't he? He's the one you were coming to see – on a hot date.

(Teyla looks away, sighing.)

KELLER: Sorry – it's none of my business. I should just learn to shut up.

TEYLA: We have known each other since childhood, but only recently condoled more than a friendship. (She looks at Jennifer.) I have not told anyone yet.

KELLER (sympathetically): I'm so sorry.

So, you can imagine I'm a tad bit confused about the Kanaan you're picturing there. =S

In fanfiction anything is possible of course - hell, I have to do a lot rewriting of canon myself (although there's surprisingly a lot to work with canon-wise - if you can call 5 episodes a lot anyway) - but you meantion the Legacy series, so I assuming (if incorrect or misreading please do not hesitate to tell me so) that what you write here will be partially (or completely) used to create Kanaan's backstory and in his relation towards Teyla.

Anyway... I just thought I'd point it out, although you're probably aware of it (in that case forget everything I said - I wasn't here ). If not, well now you know.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Hi, there's something here that caught my eye that sparked a little "Hey, wait a minute..."-kind of feeling in the back of my head.

He's forty or so. Has he been sitting around for the last forty years waiting for Michael to kidnap him or be noticed by Teyla?

According to a snippet from The Kindred part I (though at first not sure it actually happened in the show, and this is coming from the person who's seen every episode of Atlantis at least 5 times) which is a conversation between Carter and Teyla, there's the revelation Teyla and Kanaan knew each other since childhood:

CARTER: I wanna believe you, Teyla, but I'm a scientist. I'm trained to think critically.

TEYLA: There is a possible explanation. Kanaan has the Gift – the same ability that I do.

TEYLA: Yes. Among my people, the Gift is considered useful, but it also sets one apart. It can be difficult. Kanaan was the only one who could truly understand what it felt like.

And as I copy and paste that, I remember a conversation between Keller and Teyla from Missing (those repeated viewings are paying off after all):

KELLER: So, this friend of yours – one of your team members? A certain uptight astro-physicist, maybe?

TEYLA: No. Athosian. His name is Kanaan. A natural leader, but he isn't aware of it. Burdened by an overly-cautious nature. (She looks down sadly.)

KELLER: He's more than a friend, isn't he? He's the one you were coming to see – on a hot date.

TEYLA: We have known each other since childhood, but only recently condoled more than a friendship. (She looks at Jennifer.) I have not told anyone yet.

So, you can imagine I'm a tad bit confused about the Kanaan you're picturing there. =S

In fanfiction anything is possible of course - hell, I have to do a lot rewriting of canon myself (although there's surprisingly a lot to work with canon-wise - if you can call 5 episodes a lot anyway) - but you meantion the Legacy series, so I assuming (if incorrect or misreading please do not hesitate to tell me so) that what you write here will be partially (or completely) used to create Kanaan's backstory and in his relation towards Teyla.

Anyway... I just thought I'd point it out, although you're probably aware of it (in that case forget everything I said - I wasn't here ). If not, well now you know.
                *applauds* Very well done and you use a friendly tone that should be well received. Good job!
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  I'm gonna have to start writing everything down But we will ask her and tell her! I don't know when we're gonna ask and tell her all of it, but we will find a way!
                  I'm sure they'll have autograph sessions... And Dragon*Con strikes me as the kind of con where you might just run into stars in the hotel bar, in the elevator, etc. ...

As I view it has progressed to being not empty, but I have one remark about it - if you want Elizabeth's return to be a surprise, I wouldn't put her into the episode summaries in the later half of the season. Kinda spoils the surprise for those not in the know like us.
                  Kinda late to this one, since it has already been taken care of, but I also agree. The updated summaries fit the bill perfectly.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]26289[/ATTACH]

We finally repaired all the damage that Teyla did when she was possessed, so everythings up and running if you want to take a look. I couldn't find that seperate bedroom like you requested though - do you have problems sleeping with other people or something?

Sure.....that sounds plausible. Never mind, it doesn't look like there's any privacy here, I may as well go back to work

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26290[/ATTACH]

Hrmmmm....if I stun Ronon & Teyla when Elizabeth comes back, it'll be almost like we're alone. Seems a shame not to utilise these beds properly
                  *cracks up* gateraid, where do you keep coming up with these? LOL!

You people rub off on me when it comes to these Legacy books from Fandemonium.

I did a search earlier trying to learn more about J. Graham and came upon an interesting piece that made me go... Eh, what?!?

It has been mentioned here as well - the whole Kanaan backstory and how he's supposedly older in her universe. She must have clearly missed this bit of information that I pulled from a GW transcript (with a little help because I couldn't remember the exact episode) from The Kindred I:

Spoiler:

So, Teyla is 40-something too (or close to it, like Rachel really is). Should I mention this to our dear Graham that canon dictates that Kanaan and Teyla are somewhat of the same age?
                  You totally should say something! For all that she keeps going on and on about how they're sticking to canon, they sure don't seem to be doing their research.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  After reading this, I looked up Teyla's bio in GW's omnipedia section. It's been some time since I read it. Surprisingly, it doesn't mention her age at all. I remember when SGA first started, I had the impression Teyla was supposed to be about 25 - is this accurate? Clearly I didn't get it off the omnipedia page, so maybe I've been misjudging her age all along. This would make her 30/31 now. I had always thoought the younger age was a bit off - it would've made her the same age as Ford.
                  I've been trying to find any posts on the original casting sides as well. So far, all I've found is this revised casting information; it still lists the main scientist character as Ingram, so it predates the decision to bring McKay to Atlantis. It lists Teyla as being 20-25 and also quite clearly states that Weir is either the same age or younger than Sheppard. So much for her being an 'old bat,' eh?

I think in the early days they said Teyla was in her early to mid twenties but that may have been before they hired RL. A lot of things changed in character descriptions after the pilot but some people just insist on having it all like it was originally.
                  Including the ideas that the producers have clearly decided to not follow, like certain love interests.

*showers the brave lemming with lots of cookies* Well done!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I start to be a little angry with GW but I will try to stay relax......

Nice to see Joe again.
                    FH: Excellent comment. It's normal to see you have this reaction. You're the fan number one of Teyla for me.lol

Now I go before to throw out my computer.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*applauds* Very well done and you use a friendly tone that should be well received. Good job!
                      Well, we'll see how it goes... I always try to be at my best.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      *showers the brave lemming with lots of cookies* Well done!
                      Mmm... cookies...

Comment

Spoiler:

Awesome job!!! *applauds*
                        You gave her the information in a very friendly matter and I really wonder what her reaction will be.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        I'm sure they'll have autograph sessions... And Dragon*Con strikes me as the kind of con where you might just run into stars in the hotel bar, in the elevator, etc. ...
                        Autograph sessions are usually the same: get your autograph and ask one quick question while they're signing. If you want to ask/say something else, the person next to them usually shoos you away

Dragon*con is the one that Joe is going to right? Cause at Fedcon, I heard him say, to someone who interrupted our conversation, that he never goes to the bar at an American con and that he'd never stay in the con hotel like he did at Fedcon. He never gave explained it further. But I'm thinking it's the attitude of the fans. I'm not talking about you or the others on this thread, obviously, but from what I sometimes hear about American cons is how pushy the fans can be.
                        Of course I'm hoping that he will come to the bar and that someone can relay Torri's message and tell him about the progress of the virtual season.

Sig by me

Comment

Mmm... cookies...
                          Right, now I owe you a box of cookies
                          Come to our booth at Facts and they'll be waiting for you... if I still remember by then

Sig by me

Comment

Awesome job!!! *applauds*
                            You gave her the information in a very friendly matter and I really wonder what her reaction will be.
                            Well, I'll make sure to post it here.

Right, now I owe you a box of cookies
                            Come to our booth at Facts and they'll be waiting for you... if I still remember by then
                            I'll remind you...

Comment

Autograph sessions are usually the same: get your autograph and ask one quick question while they're signing. If you want to ask/say something else, the person next to them usually shoos you away

Dragon*con is the one that Joe is going to right? Cause at Fedcon, I heard him say, to someone who interrupted our conversation, that he never goes to the bar at an American con and that he'd never stay in the con hotel like he did at Fedcon. He never gave explained it further. But I'm thinking it's the attitude of the fans. I'm not talking about you or the others on this thread, obviously, but from what I sometimes hear about American cons is how pushy the fans can be.
                              Of course I'm hoping that he will come to the bar and that someone can relay Torri's message and tell him about the progress of the virtual season.
                              Gah! I misspoke, I meant to say Shore Leave (in relation to relaying messages to Torri). My bad. (just for the record, no, Joe's not scheduled for Dragon*Con this year) Though I've got to say, I didn't feel at all rushed at Joe's autograph session in LA last November.

I'm totally not surprised that Joe doesn't hang out or stay in the con hotels in the US, and I agree about the pushiness of some fans here.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes, those are some amazing interviews; from everyone!
                                And I also really really hope Torri will be able to do this.

Lol, good point. But it is kinda difficult to make a summary without mentioning her when the ep is centered around her But I'll see what I can do with it.

I'm also gonna give SR full editing rights, so that if something needs to be changed and I'm not around it can still be changed.
                                Can I get editing rights, too? Or do I have them already? I maintain a lot of the journal as well.

Good luck with the whole discussion...you're braver than I.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X