No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*wanders into thread* Wow, come back to gateworld since ages ago and find it in shambles, but still always nice to see that Sparky will always have a home. Love the introduction to Sparky and the SS6! Makes me want to go and watch all my dvds again.
    Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Geez! There I go and wonder why nothing is going on in the Sparky-Thread lately and when I go and check my suscriptions it GONE! Gave me a fright... *hugs everybody*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Angel View Post
        *wanders into thread* Wow, come back to gateworld since ages ago and find it in shambles, but still always nice to see that Sparky will always have a home. Love the introduction to Sparky and the SS6! Makes me want to go and watch all my dvds again.
        Stay tuned on that... we're plotting a post-a-thon and voting on which episodes people want to watch!

Spoiler:
        Current tally:
        Critical Mass
        38 Minutes
        The Storm/The Eye (2)
        Conversion (2)
        Before I Sleep (3)
        The Real World (2)
        Common Ground
        The Siege
        The Long Goodbye
        Ghost in the Machine (3)

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
        Geez! There I go and wonder why nothing is going on in the Sparky-Thread lately and when I go and check my suscriptions it GONE! Gave me a fright... *hugs everybody*
        We decided to redecorate. Like it? LOL!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Heehee!

"Involved with." That's one way of putting it. He's part of the Busch family (adopted).
          I thought it was something like that - he supplied the beer for The Shrine. I thought involved with was a good way of putting it, I figured he wasn't CEO or anything like that

Hmm, must not have been a very good sink to get stained by mere Guinness.
          It mostly came out after a good bleaching. Probably not good quality guinness, it came in a can.

*does a Gibbs head-slap on McKay*
          I know, how could he miss them, she's doing an excellent job of filling out that shirt *runs*

*snerks and starts passing out the scotch*
          Mmmm, scotch. I meant serving it, not drinking it, but I can do whichever

Welcome back

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
          It's still going on, we're just a bit befuzzled by the new location

Stay tuned on that... we're plotting a post-a-thon and voting on which episodes people want to watch!

Spoiler:
          Current tally:
          Critical Mass
          38 Minutes
          The Storm/The Eye (2)
          Conversion (2)
          Before I Sleep (3)
          The Real World (2)
          Common Ground
          The Siege
          The Long Goodbye
          Ghost in the Machine (3)

We decided to redecorate. Like it? LOL!
          NO!! I asked a question before the C & R thread died, now I can't find out what the answer is *shakes fist*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            I thought it was something like that - he supplied the beer for The Shrine. I thought involved with was a good way of putting it, I figured he wasn't CEO or anything like that
            Hey, it's always good when the star can put in a call to one of his relatives, and an hour or so later, a truck pulls up to the studio filled to the rafters with cases of beer.

It mostly came out after a good bleaching. Probably not good quality guinness, it came in a can.
            *shudders* If you can't get it from a tap at a bar, get it in a bottle.

I know, how could he miss them, she's doing an excellent job of filling out that shirt *runs*
            *smirks*

Mmmm, scotch. I meant serving it, not drinking it, but I can do whichever
            From the sound of it, we might all need a wee nip or two.

NO!! I asked a question before the C & R thread died, now I can't find out what the answer is *shakes fist*
            In the original Sparky thread? No worries! Ask again, one of us is bound to know the answer.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I sincerely hope the C&R thread isn't gone forever, cause that would mean lots of lost posts .. some made by lost friends. And my favorite threads down the drain, even though they haven't been used since early 2009 maybe.

I hope everything can be sorted out.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I sincerely hope the C&R thread isn't gone forever, cause that would mean lots of lost posts .. some made by lost friends. And my favorite threads down the drain, even though they haven't been used since early 2009 maybe.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Okay, these are just plain silly

Spoiler:

Laden: Oh hi Colonel, do you like my new look?
                  John: Look Laden, you may have tried to copy Elizabeth's hair, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna sleep with you, got it?

Spoiler:

Marine #1: I'm not gonna tell her, you do it
                  Marine #2: Not me
                  Marine #3: Hell no
                  Marine #4: No no no, it's my first week, I'm not going to tell her we lost Sheppard

Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:

Laden: Oh crap, you've altered your hair since the last time we met. I thought I'd nailed it. I even shaved off the beard, now I have to start all over

Spoiler:

Weir: I guess that's flattering, a little bit. 97% disturbing though. Have you met Ronon?

Spoiler:

Laden: You have the most intense looking eyes

Spoiler:

Sheppard: You wanna know how I get my hair to go like this? Do you really think this is a good time to ask that?
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey, it's always good when the star can put in a call to one of his relatives, and an hour or so later, a truck pulls up to the studio filled to the rafters with cases of beer.
                    Greatest co-worker EVER!!!

*shudders* If you can't get it from a tap at a bar, get it in a bottle.
                    Never again

*smirks*

From the sound of it, we might all need a wee nip or two.

In the original Sparky thread? No worries! Ask again, one of us is bound to know the answer.
                    Okay. I've been seeing it quite a bit lately in vids, and wondered if I got a different copy of season 4 or something, as I've watched every ep but don't remember this particular scene. Generally, there's a shot of John standing in Elizabeth's empty office, followed by him sitting down in her chair. I assume it's from Lifeline, it's the logical ep to put it in

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

So do I. I'm sure it'll be okay soon
                    sigpic

Comment

Never again

Okay. I've been seeing it quite a bit lately in vids, and wondered if I got a different copy of season 4 or something, as I've watched every ep but don't remember this particular scene. Generally, there's a shot of John standing in Elizabeth's empty office, followed by him sitting down in her chair. I assume it's from Lifeline, it's the logical ep to put it in

So do I. I'm sure it'll be okay soon
                      Is is possible to get a link to one of these videos of which you speak? *grabby hands* I'd like to see that.

Nice picspam. Poor Ladon!

I am at the beach, come join me! I shall have a sangria in tandem, though I'm sure it's not as good as Mr. SR's...
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

gateraid
                        great picspam!
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I hope so, too. There's a lot of history there that would be a shame to lose.

No kidding! LOL!

I think Probie (was it Probie?) posted a link to a video of Joe from one of those behind-the-scenes specials where he's sitting in the office chair. I honestly don't recall ever seeing John sitting in Elizabeth's chair in an actual episode, though. I'm with Eri: we want a link to some vids! *joins in the grabby hands*

Oh, and of course... that picspam was killer! Man, Ladon has really lost it! LMAO!

Comment

*snickers* It's gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight! LOL!

Mmmm, sangria... Methinks we'll need to make that next batch double-strength...

We chose the 18th because the first airing of The Real World was on the 18th (of August in 2006).

Yum. *licks lips*

Beach! Ah, now that's the rub... beach, or Ren Faire?
                            Wow, you guys were busy while I took the evening off. And Mr. SR's sangria is already double-strength. In fact it was such a hit at the party, I had to print up recipes for everyone. I hope those who dropped by before going on stage will still be coherent.

Is that the company JF was involved with?

It's the only drink I've ever poured down the sink. And it stained the sink

John, you have to be back from PX3892 by 1930hrs, or you'll never be seeing these again
                            Your.....arms?

I read full frontal, and my mind went instantly to the gutter. Hopefully that isn't the case here, or if so, warn me so I can go help out at the bar
                            I see you got the answer to your beer question from SK. Joe comes from a long line of movers and shakers, not just in the beer business but also in the financial world. And Grandpa Flanigan was also an oil tycoon if I'm not mistaken. They are one of America's premier families.

Hi, and welcome back. I thought the new location would bring new people. Sparky is alive and well....and really pesky and impossible to kill.

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Wow, you guys were busy while I took the evening off. And Mr. SR's sangria is already double-strength. In fact it was such a hit at the party, I had to print up recipes for everyone. I hope those who dropped by before going on stage will still be coherent.
                              I think Joe's going to be just fine. Now, Hewlett, on the other hand...

I see you got the answer to your beer question from SK. Joe comes from a long line of movers and shakers, not just in the beer business but also in the financial world. And Grandpa Flanigan was also an oil tycoon if I'm not mistaken. They are one of America's premier families.
                              And he's so darn humble about it, too. Raised right, our Joe was.

Hi, and welcome back. I thought the new location would bring new people. Sparky is alive and well....and really pesky and impossible to kill.

Spoiler:
                              Ah, one of my favorite motivational posters. It's a classic!

Comment

I hope so, too. There's a lot of history there that would be a shame to lose.

No kidding! LOL!

I think Probie (was it Probie?) posted a link to a video of Joe from one of those behind-the-scenes specials where he's sitting in the office chair. I honestly don't recall ever seeing John sitting in Elizabeth's chair in an actual episode, though. I'm with Eri: we want a link to some vids! *joins in the grabby hands*

Oh, and of course... that picspam was killer! Man, Ladon has really lost it! LMAO!
                                For starters, there's this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcABP...ayer_embedded#! from our very own Southern Red. I don't know how to do the time/link thingee, but the empty office bit is at 3m50s. I will have to find one with the chair sitting (he's not conducting a meeting, or having an interview, he just sits down in her chair with a rather lost look on her face). I've seen so many recently, now I have to re-watch

I think Joe's going to be just fine. Now, Hewlett, on the other hand...

And he's so darn humble about it, too. Raised right, our Joe was.

That's why he could afford (no pun intended) to be so, err, outspoken re some earlier show changes. That, and he sounds like a top bloke (who can beat a truckload of beer??)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X