Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    My contribution can pretty much be summed up by....

Gateraid: What? This is stupid. Write better!
    Writers: Huh? Have you been reading Legacy again? At-lan-tis Riiiii-sing. Got it?
    Gateraid:Wow. Luuuuvvvvvvviiiiiiing it
    Writers: You're an idiot
    *dies of laughter*
    ( I ponder to start a Gateraid fan club. ..But ..I could never worship someone who doesn't like Led Zeppelin ... On the other hand, I might just use a schizoid reasoning for the issue.. hmm..) *ponders*
    sigpic

Comment

to end..Happy Birthday to our Atlantis .. but is such a sad birthday.. (*rises fist in anger*)

And a picture from Rising p2:

(now I have to get ready to go to the work.. but it's my free day, ***.. but if I don't go, bad things would happen ... oh well.. see you later (hopefully))
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

*sends ice packs to Falcon Horus and mandogater* Hope the weather cools down for the both of you soon!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by zbir View Post
          All of them true for me too (with different weight, tho: for me, Ford was the most missed character from S1, although I loved Ronon too)
          Oh, mine aren't in any particular order (or I would have put Kate first). These are just the things I could remember of the top of my head.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *sends ice packs to Falcon Horus and mandogater* Hope the weather cools down for the both of you soon!
          It didn't -- not much anyway. Though, temps will go down in the coming days as thunderstorms and rain comes blowing in.

BUT we didn't wait that long, and bought ourselves an inflatable swimmingpool (a small one for kids) and splashed around. We also bought our first BBQ set (hurt myself putting it together) and had a BBQ.

Tomorrow (or later today as it is for me) I'm going to a theme park in The Netherlands - The Efteling. Weather conditions will be thunderstorms, lots of rain and 27° Celsius (80° Fahrenheit).
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Tomorrow (or later today as it is for me) I'm going to a theme park in The Netherlands - The Efteling. Weather conditions will be thunderstorms, lots of rain and 27° Celsius (80° Fahrenheit).
            Sounds like perfect theme park weather to me. For one thing, there should be less crowds.

Random thought: I love how John just wanders into Elizabeth's office and sits on her desk in Critical Mass. It shows a complete level of comfort that isn't there with anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

*Puts them away for Monday*

Thanks SK. I have the feeling I might melt come Monday.

Originally posted by ajay View Post
              Sounds like perfect theme park weather to me. For one thing, there should be less crowds.

Random thought: I love how John just wanders into Elizabeth's office and sits on her desk in Critical Mass. It shows a complete level of comfort that isn't there with anyone else.
              I can never remember, is Critical Mass the first time John does his desk sitting?
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I can vouch for this. Locals know that rainy days are very good days to go to Disneyland, because the tourists flee in terror of those little water droplets falling from the sky.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

Ruh oh!

I can never remember, is Critical Mass the first time John does his desk sitting?
                Hmm, I'm not sure either. Anyone know the answer to this one?
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It was announced so while there was still a lot of people in the park present, we never had to wait in line for more than 5 minutes at the time. We didn't see a single drop of rain. It was partially clouded and the sun would disappear entirely for a few minutes at the time, but it was the perfect weather today. Had a giant amount of fun.

Comment

Hey folks, would like to ask your honest opinion about something:

Had Atlantis survived in the Pegasus Galaxy, had Elizabeth survived, do you think she and John could have really sustained a relationship? She's the boss and he's a subordinate and even though there are technically no rules against it, they are required to work together under very stressful conditions. In a similar real-life situation, most would say it's an extraordinarily bad idea. Things could go south very quickly if the relationship soured.

So taking away your ship-colored glasses for a few moments, what do you think?

Comment

Yes, it was CM, then again in Coup d'etat.

Had Atlantis survived in the Pegasus Galaxy, had Elizabeth survived, do you think she and John could have really sustained a relationship? She's the boss and he's a subordinate and even though there are technically no rules against it, they are required to work together under very stressful conditions. In a similar real-life situation, most would say it's an extraordinarily bad idea. Things could go south very quickly if the relationship soured.

Hard to say. It would depend on how hard they worked at it. But, given they are fictional characters, it would depend entirely on the writers. One of my pet peeves is when writers feel they have to break up a couple they have spent seasons getting together.
                      Spoiler:
                      This is why we will not be watching another season of Covert Affairs.
                      Then they turn around and say relationships don't work.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I only got 3 entries, and it seemed like a lot were interested in this challenge......so I think I will extend it for one more week to see if anyone else joins in. I know I got real busy last week and I didn't even have a chance to make anything. Note the new due date.

Challenge #39

This week for the challenge we are going to look to the 3 stars.....Star Trek, Star Wars and Star Gate. Pick your favorite and make some art! Anything goes! Favorite space ship, favorite character, favorite uniform, whatever you love best about it, show it off!

entries due to me Monday July 28th by noon your time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope everyone's enjoying this Canon Monday!

As SR rightly pointed out, it would've been very dependent on the writers. I think, in the hands of good writers, it could be done well. I also believe that the situation as it was at the end of the series, with Elizabeth taken out of a leadership position due to the Replicator shenanigans in some ways improves the prospect of a relationship. But that's just me.

Comment

Let's see... a) my rose-tinted glass are a light pink in this case because they looked natural to me, or written naturally anyway. Also, it helps when actors have good chemistry together.

b) the writer's rose-tinted glasses were set on a different setting, so I doubt it would have worked out great.

If they had been real people, they might have had a shot, but I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Let's see... a) my rose-tinted glass are a light pink in this case because they looked natural to me, or written naturally anyway. Also, it helps when actors have good chemistry together.

b) the writer's rose-tinted glasses were set on a different setting, so I doubt it would have worked out great.

If they had been real people, they might have had a shot, but I don't know.

Like polarization. Put the writers glasses 90 degrees to your own and the picture disappears altogether.

Which is usually the case in TV relationships. The writers are only interested in the build-up, the shippers always want the resolution.

I also think the relationship could've worked with good writers, but good relationship writers are hard to find, and they would have to be really good writers. Because if this were a real life situation, I think the whole manager-subordinate relationship is doomed to fail. And spectacularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Yes, it was CM, then again in Coup d'etat.
                                Thanks for clearing that up, SR.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X