Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes, Once Upon A Time ... me too.

Addendum: The Flash, Arrow, Doctor Who
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 26 June 2015, 01:21 PM. Reason: I have too many shows...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Nevertheless, a fresh set of views are always fun to talk about.

Dark Matter is indeed already on the air. Don't ask me if it's good cause I ain't watching it. It's Mallozzi and he's on my black list. Not watching anything he's involved in. He'll just screw the fans over anyways.
      Dare I ask? I'm not well-versed in the behind-the-scenes of Stargate, unfortunately.

I'm watching Defiance, Rizzoli & Isles, NCIS, NCIS:LA, NCIS: New Orleans, Hawaii Five-O, Game of Thrones (although season 5 was horrendously boring), Vikings, Gotham, Marvel's Agents of Shield, Castle, Elementary, Continuum (though it only has one more season of 6 episodes left), Unforgettable (though I have no idea whether there are new episodes to come since it was cancelled again after last season, then bought by different company so who knows), Forever (got cancelled sadly), ... and then some.
      You've got a lot to keep you busy!

I've never followed an American crime show (although I was exposed to a lot of SVU in college), so I don't know much about NCIS. I didn't know there was one that took place in New Orleans, but that seems like an interesting change from the typical NYC/LA/Chicago/Miami shows. GoT I'm not watching until I read the books, and since someone borrowed the first book from me over a year ago and hasn't given it back, it'll be a while before I get to it.

I might look up the other shows you mentioned. I'm horrible at continuing to watch shows once I've started them, though. With the recent exception of Cedar Cove, the only shows I've gotten through for the past few years are Downton Abbey and the first season of Nurse Jackie, and as much as I like the latter, I just don't feel compelled to finish it.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      Current shows- NCIS, Castle, Vikings, Once Upon a Time, PBS shows

(Scifi won't stream Dark Matter without cable info.)
      Oh, I'm not even sure I can watch it then. I'll have to check later.

Do you like British shows on PBS? I don't remember which ones they feature versus what BBC America have, but I remember liking what little I saw of Mr Selfridge and the Bletchley Circle. I've been wanting to see Call the Midwife, and I usually like the various crime shows like New Tricks.

Though I'll always miss my favorite crime show, Waking the Dead.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

PBS shows- I like Mr. Selfridge and Downton Abbey.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

PBS shows- I like Mr. Selfridge and Downton Abbey.
          With DA ending next season, I won't be watching any shows still on air. While I'm sure some people would find that weird, I am perfectly content with re-watching the shows I grew up with. At least I know I'll always enjoy them.
          rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
            Dare I ask? I'm not well-versed in the behind-the-scenes of Stargate, unfortunately.
            The dude fraks everything up he touches, looks at or wants to make. He's an attention whore and hangs fans out to dry. Talks a lot but the delivery leaves much to be desired. He singlehandedly killed stargate franchise. Okay, that's probably overstating matters but he was there, along with his siamese twin Mullie.

I'm fairly sure Dark Matter will go down the same route Atlantis did. They have quite the extensive cast and before you know the female characters are playing second/third/fourth fiddle in the background. One popular and easy-to-write-for character is taking the forefront and the rest is extra.

That and calling people criticising season 4 of Atlantis Shrill and Ill-Informed Lemmings (who turned to be right in the end) never sat well with me or the other lemmings in the herd. Being lumped into the sentence as g.o.d, a fierce GW-poster with a tendency to hate on everything that he didn't like which was a lot, on his blog also didn't score him any great points.

You've got a lot to keep you busy!
            Yeah, I do. And I forgot about The 100, and BBC Atlantis (sadly cancelled).

so I don't know much about NCIS.
            Naval Criminal Investigative Services - it started as a spin-off from JAG - and it's been going for 11 seasons. Season 12 starting in the fall probably.

It has two spin-off's now too -- NCIS: Los Angeles & NCIS: New Orleans. I love all three shows to bits.

GoT I'm not watching until I read the books, and since someone borrowed the first book from me over a year ago and hasn't given it back, it'll be a while before I get to it.
            Don't bother thinking the show will follow the books - It doesn't. It does a lot in season 1, and from season 2 onwards it starts to divert from the books until it becomes its own entity by the end of season 5. Actually a lot of things that happened in season 5 didn't happen the same way in the books or not at all.

Comment

With DA ending next season, I won't be watching any shows still on air. While I'm sure some people would find that weird, I am perfectly content with re-watching the shows I grew up with. At least I know I'll always enjoy them.
              I'll still have a few shows. Watching stuff on DVD can be more fun though.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks again for your comments

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                You can use anything at all. The challenge is very open, and very friendly. You can certainly do Elizabeth/Sheppard if you want, or just plain beach, no people, etc. The 'challenge' is just a way to get people to do art or fan fic, with no pressure.
                It's more that I'd like to do a Sparky piece, I just have no idea how to go about it. Heh I have to assert pressure some on myself or I'll never finish. Anyway can't wait to see what people come up with.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                Let's see, how to make that Sparky... Hmm... In GWtW, it gets brought up a lot about how 'like has to marry like' for a couple to be truly happy. So, even though we already know they're perfect for each other, just for discussion's sake, how alike would you say John and Lizzie are? They have a certain opposites-attract quality with the diplomat/soldier, optimist/pessimist dynamic, but they also share similarities too (that I'm kind of blanking on at the moment except for compassion). Maybe what 'like marry like' lesson really means based on GWtW, is that no couple can be truly happy unless they understand each other, which we know is abundantly true with John and Liz.
                The contrast between John and Elizabeth always came across as complementary. While they have different approaches and viewpoints, it's generally with a common goal and an understanding of where the other is coming from.

I swear, I always get into things too late, lol. I'm only following one show still on air, and its next season will be its last. Everything else has been over for years, and, understandably, the fandoms dwindle with no news or activities to keep things interesting.
                Same here, I only got into SGA this year and Grimm is probably on it's last legs too.

Comment

The dude fraks everything up he touches, looks at or wants to make. He's an attention whore and hangs fans out to dry. Talks a lot but the delivery leaves much to be desired. He singlehandedly killed stargate franchise. Okay, that's probably overstating matters but he was there, along with his siamese twin Mullie.

I'm fairly sure Dark Matter will go down the same route Atlantis did. They have quite the extensive cast and before you know the female characters are playing second/third/fourth fiddle in the background. One popular and easy-to-write-for character is taking the forefront and the rest is extra.

That and calling people criticising season 4 of Atlantis Shrill and Ill-Informed Lemmings (who turned to be right in the end) never sat well with me or the other lemmings in the herd. Being lumped into the sentence as g.o.d, a fierce GW-poster with a tendency to hate on everything that he didn't like which was a lot, on his blog also didn't score him any great points.
                  Oh.... wow. I had no idea. Again, I really don't know anything that goes on behind the scenes, but I do remember people not liking the direction of Atlantis post-season 3. Do we have him to thank for Lizzie being relegated to recurring character status?

Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind when watching the rest of SG-1 and Atlantis.

Also, please tell me PDL is considered a good guy in the fandom; from what I see of him, especially when he's interacting with cast and crew on camera, he's probably my favorite Stargate director. Not that I know much about anyone else to compare, obviously, lol.

Yeah, I do. And I forgot about The 100, and BBC Atlantis (sadly cancelled).
                  Some people I know are really into the 100, but they never explained what it was about, so I always assumed it was some reality show from the way they talked about it. Was very surprised to see it listed on this site.

Naval Criminal Investigative Services - it started as a spin-off from JAG - and it's been going for 11 seasons. Season 12 starting in the fall probably.

It has two spin-off's now too -- NCIS: Los Angeles & NCIS: New Orleans. I love all three shows to bits.

Don't bother thinking the show will follow the books - It doesn't. It does a lot in season 1, and from season 2 onwards it starts to divert from the books until it becomes its own entity by the end of season 5. Actually a lot of things that happened in season 5 didn't happen the same way in the books or not at all.
                  Wow, that's a popular spinoff.

Yeah, I hear GoT deviates a lot. I also have heard that it spoils the ending of the series somehow, but I haven't looked into that since I haven't even begun reading or watching it.

I'll still have a few shows. Watching stuff on DVD can be more fun though.
                  I agree! Also, it's nice not to have to wait to watch the next episode.
                  rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope you're all enjoying this Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hmm, current TV faves... Not really watching much of anything at the moment. GoT, definitely, but I sure hope next season is more interesting than this year. And the sooner Ramsay dies, the better. Though I am a hardcore MCU fan, at this point I'm only watching Agents of SHIELD for the MCU references/background (which are few, far between, and pretty weak at that). I am MUCH happier with Agent Carter and I'm really looking forward to seeing the new storyline in Season 2. Just picked up Astronaut Wives' Club, though I don't know if I'll stay with it.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, and another show I forgot... Agent Carter.

Comment

When is Agent Carter back on?
                        sigpic

Comment

Just watched Dark Matter and posted my thoughts in that section. I like it so far.

I'm not familiar with any superhero movies, comics, or shows, so I assume I wouldn't know anything about Agent Carter or the others you guys have mentioned. Really, the only superhero movie I've seen and liked is the original Spiderman. I fell asleep during Dark Knight and couldn't finish Thor. And I think that's it.

Originally posted by ohalis View Post
                          Same here, I only got into SGA this year and Grimm is probably on it's last legs too.
                          Oh, hey, are you new here? Welcome to GateWorld and the Sparky ship.
                          rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            You're welcome.

Congrats on just graduating college.

Ying and Yang seems to be the best way to describe Sparky to me. While they never agreed on absolutely everything, they were in sink enough to just look at each other and know what the other was thinking.

O.T. Star Wars:
                            Spoiler:
                            Have you seen the end of season 1 of Star Wars Rebels yet?
                            SW:
                            Spoiler:
                            No, I haven't seen very much of Rebels (no cable/satellite), but I heard/saw/got spoiled for Ahsoka's return (and it made me so so happy that she's part of the rebellion!!!)

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope you're all enjoying this Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hmm, current TV faves... Not really watching much of anything at the moment. GoT, definitely, but I sure hope next season is more interesting than this year. And the sooner Ramsay dies, the better. Though I am a hardcore MCU fan, at this point I'm only watching Agents of SHIELD for the MCU references/background (which are few, far between, and pretty weak at that). I am MUCH happier with Agent Carter and I'm really looking forward to seeing the new storyline in Season 2. Just picked up Astronaut Wives' Club, though I don't know if I'll stay with it.
                            I thought AoS started out pretty weak in season 1, but I'm much more impressed with it now, especially once they started all the Inhuman stuff and Skye got more interesting. All the characters are developing pretty nicely now and it's nice that the show is standing on its own feet story-wise.

Since we're sharing tv, I'm also watching The Flash (loooove it), Arrow (to have the context for when it crosses over with The Flash, even though Oliver's a bit too broody for my taste), Agent Carter (I adore Peggy. Classy, sassy and more competent than you since 1945, haha.), Once Upon a Time (which has become pretty disappointing over time, though this latest cliffhanger should be interesting), Downton Abbey, Poldark, Castle, Clone Wars and probably some others that I'm blanking on. We gave up on Gotham, even though I liked the Bruce and Alfred storylines.
                            Spoiler:
                            It never seemed to live up to its potential anyway, but after Fish Mooney gouged out her own eye with a spoon, that was the tipping point for us. They also seemed to just have no clue what to do with Barbara.
                            Last edited by Erin87; 27 June 2015, 06:36 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Haven't seen Poldark yet.

sigpic

Comment

RIG wanted an Atlantis gif...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X